It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400,000 Somali children to die (of starvation) without more aid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
There are no natural resources of any importace in Somalia, so there will be no investment in feeding these people.

They take and do not provide anything of any significance.

This is absolutely scandalous, but unless we the people dig deep into our own pockets, our Governments will not use our taxes to feed these poor people. But hey, let's make sure the bankers remain in their jobs, by bailing them out to the tune of BILLIONS!!!

What would a small percentage of that provide for these families.
edit on 17/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by thetruthisclearnow
What are you going to do about it>?
What are we going to do about it.??

ALL THE MONEY OUR TAX payers spend
and send to them THE MILITIAS TAKE THE
MONEY AND SQUANDER IT..

Let them die out hands our cleansed of this situation.

but.... but... the childern.....

Why are only children dieing here?

Because those sick bastards in control over their
TAKE THE MONEY FOR THE KID'S AND USE IT ALL UP!I
It is a waste of time..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
The govt should just print more money to buy them food.

They plan to print it anyways, might tis well buy something with it.

i know children are going to die but that girl in your avatar is cute.

ahh, my apologies, where were we, my mind was somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt
reply to post by camaro68ss

"Go to the light Edith Ann, RUN to the light". ........yo camaro dude, your attitude? it has me shaking my head but I'll try to answer your questions. they are experiencing a drought of biblical proportions. drought equals no rainfall / water. anything they grow dies. capish? as far as why do they have children; well gee, maybe because they have no idea what birth control is? sex is a natural thing and on occasion when one has sex one procreates. (it's the birds & the bees). birth control / spread of STD's is a problem in that area of the world but we're working on it. finally, I don't think they have much control over "where" they live. it's not like they sought out the desert to pitch their tent or like they can get on a jet and fly to Monaco for the weekend. regardless, they are our fellow human being and we should help them.... it's the core of what humanity means....... in fact at one time it was part of what it meant to be American......... yep, at one time we helped our fellow man. the old days I guess they're called.

well how about you walk the walk. get your wallet out, fly over there and start handing out snack packs. start helping the kids over there.
edit on 17-8-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have to point out for those who weren't old enough to remember how this all happened once before, but this is almost exactly how the media managed to get Americans feeling guilty enough to commit US. military forces to Somalia in 1992 under Bush. I'd imagine we all recall how that ended in 1994.

I hate seeing anyone suffer anywhere, but to whatever extent the U.S. COULD have been the world 9-11 in the past, we have nothing left in the cupboards to give. Let someone else go play hero in a lawless land for a change. We've been there, tried that and it really went very badly. Nothing has changed in the reasons it failed the first time.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

"Go to the light Edith Ann, RUN to the light". ........yo camaro dude, your attitude? it has me shaking my head but I'll try to answer your questions. they are experiencing a drought of biblical proportions. drought equals no rainfall / water. anything they grow dies. capish? as far as why do they have children; well gee, maybe because they have no idea what birth control is? sex is a natural thing and on occasion when one has sex one procreates. (it's the birds & the bees). birth control / spread of STD's is a problem in that area of the world but we're working on it. finally, I don't think they have much control over "where" they live. it's not like they sought out the desert to pitch their tent or like they can get on a jet and fly to Monaco for the weekend. regardless, they are our fellow human being and we should help them.... it's the core of what humanity means....... in fact at one time it was part of what it meant to be American......... yep, at one time we helped our fellow man. the old days I guess they're called.

well how about you walk the walk. get your wallet out and start paying up. start helping the kids over there.

How about you bums start helping
THE CHILDREN OVER HERE
instead of wasting your money
on people who use it to buy weapons
and not feed their own people..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A global united force that takes care of Earth issues like these no matter location THEY CAN GO ANYWHERE A EVOL OPPRESSOR IS 1c globally voted as so and not the political UN this force is global ALL nations... ALL nations fund ALL sapiens sapiens grow fair..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Without explanations...make it simple.

Do you think the world should simply ignore this and let 400,000 starve if we all knew we could save them?

Let them starve?

yes or no?

(adding this to OP)

edit on 17-8-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Do you think the world should simply ignore this and let 400,000 starve if we all knew we could save them?

Let them starve?

yes or no?

(adding this to OP)

No.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Let them starve?

yes or no?

(adding this to OP)

um we cant. we need to take care of the people here in america first! stop the wars and re build america

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If they die, they die.
Watch Black Hawk Down? /thread
These people had it coming.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Let them starve?

yes or no?

(adding this to OP)

No, of course not.

Only a heartless monster would vote yes.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Warren Buffett could feed them all.

He should put his money where his mouth is.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: extra T

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well in the news it was reported that many of the aids that was send to those countries in need like Somalia in the way of food was finding its way into the black market for sale.

This was reported in the news, so we send aid like food and needed necessities but the governments are not keeping track of how is distributed, somebody is making money out of the aid.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

There is no recognised Government in Somalia. Warlords run the joint, that is why food is being stolen.

Funny how we could Invade Iraq and Afghanistan, but we leave tyrants like this well alone. If we really wanted to bring democracy to countries, then this would be the perfect example.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by marg6043

There is no recognised Government in Somalia. Warlords run the joint, that is why food is being stolen.

Funny how we could Invade Iraq and Afghanistan, but we leave tyrants like this well alone. If we really wanted to bring democracy to countries, then this would be the perfect example.

Sorry to brake it to you but there is no oil in somalia. no need to invade there

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Let them starve?

yes or no?

(adding this to OP)

No.

However - unless and until the experiment that is Somalia stops, this problem is going to continue.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
People on here sometimes make me sick....

there are things people need to understand... African governments are corrupt... very little aid goes to the people who need it.

Africa is an oppressed continent...... like south America in places... what happens is... we give them money for aid... but they owe us money for well many things that we have either sold or imposed on there countries over time... so even though we give them money, they owe money out... think of it as paying the interest on a credit card every time they get money into the country....

en.wikipedia.org...'_debt

On top of that there has been a natural disaster.. like and earth quake or a volcano only in this case it was a drought...

So to re-cap... corrupt government... Third world debt... natural disaters....

this doesnt have anything to do with having too much children in poverty or needing to steralize the masses... if anything, What needs to happen is cancelling of third world debt and if we (as the Nato/UN nations) are going to invade the hell out of acountry and land in some forced democracy we should be doing it in countries who's governements are corrupt AND the people are in dire need of support instead of Gas/Oil/Heroin/Strong hold in Key Parts of the middle east and all the other sweet sweet things we steal from the Asian continent...

Americans argue they are world police... Britain argues there special forces are the best in the world....
France still claims territories in Africa as there own...yet all these places are focused on "terrorist cells" in the middle east.. instead of helping humanity!

If the military States we all live in spent there money to better the world rather than oppress the world we could progress as a race.

Africa is in this state because we raped it of it reasources a long time ago and now turn a blind eye because there is nothing we want... no other reason.

Foot note: we brought Christianity to a country and forced people not to use contraceptives or the devil would get them... we forced our ways on an entire continent... then we cast it aside once we couldnt use the people or get enough resources... this is our fault, we created it (the western world) as humans we should pick up the pieces we left...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I didn't do anything to Africa, ever. My ancestors didn't do anything to Africa. I am not responsible for the behaviour for every person with white skin that ever existed anywhere on the planet. To think I am is racist.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

If you bothered to read my first post in this discussion, then you would realise you aint breaking nothing to me!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join