Quick question to members on these three books

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Greetings my fellow users. As a son of a U.S. solider. I inspire to follow in my father's foot steps. What I need to is become stronger and healthier. I have no illnesses or anything like that. Just that being the son of business people has given me a belly I need to get rid of. The two books I purchased are: The U.S. Navy Seal guide to fitness and nutrition, Special Ops Fitness Training: High-Intensity Workouts of Navy Seals, Delta Force, Marine Force Recon and Army Rangers, and The complete guide to Navy Seal fitness by Stewart Smith who is a Navy Seal. Both books go over fitness and what foods to eat. There is also detailed information on getting the best results from your diet and work outs.
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...

I have been losing weight and eating better. But I need to push harder. What are your thoughts on the books and also the reviews? Many users have high favors on all three.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Without even needing to look at the book reviews, if your not in fairly exceptional shape already then there is no way on this world you should even be contemplating undertaking a SEAL/Ranger workout program.

Get yourself to above average health first and then maybe look at those books otherwise you'll either fail massively, hurt yourself, lose motivation or most likely a combo of all three.
edit on 17/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Add the insanity work out by Saun T. That will kick your butt no matter what kind of shape you are in!!!!!! Plus it has nutrition you can add to either help gain muscle mass or lose fat. Great program!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by occy30
Add the insanity work out by Saun T. That will kick your butt no matter what kind of shape you are in!!!!!! Plus it has nutrition you can add to either help gain muscle mass or lose fat. Great program!!!!

No one should be trying to emulate the workout of a Navy Seal unless they are already in an excellent shape already

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I'm not trying to be Superman without taking baby steps first. I have been slowly and I mean slowly converting to a good exercise habit and diet. What I do is starches, push-ups and sit-ups, yoga, walking and running, biking, and playing sports. I have lost a lot of weight and gained more muscle. But I'm not buff. More athletic in appearance. Should I eat more protein and work to make my muscles stronger?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Here you are, OP, I like these.

www.amazon.com...

This is highly recommended (by me
)
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313611819&sr=1-7

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Thanks for the link. As I was mentioning before I know how hard it is for people to get in shape. As well work out like Navy Seals. I have lost a lot of weigh and feel more comfortable exercising.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Weekly increasing reps of push ups/sit ups will lay a great foundation. I am still athletic, but started years ago with barely 10 reps of push ups going to 40 in a row some months later. Doing some sets (more and more untill you'll need work out equipment/gym because you can't gain more muscle from bodyweight) of these daily and increasing them will work great. As for food: proteins, lots of water, vitamins and enough sleep (and not more than required). I'm not an expert at this, far from, but this is what I know. And it works!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WeZet

Yes, I learned the hard way about resting your body. There was sometimes I just had to sit down without getting enough sleep. This is also for anyone who is working out. Sleep is very important!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by Death_Kron

I'm not trying to be Superman without taking baby steps first. I have been slowly and I mean slowly converting to a good exercise habit and diet. What I do is starches, push-ups and sit-ups, yoga, walking and running, biking, and playing sports. I have lost a lot of weight and gained more muscle. But I'm not buff. More athletic in appearance. Should I eat more protein and work to make my muscles stronger?

To build muscle you need to keep your body in an anabolic state which effectively means consuming more calories per day than you burn, proteins are the building blocks of muscle and the general rule from a bodybuilding perspective is to consume 1g of protein per lb of body weight per day.

Cut out fatty, fast, junk foods. Eat cleanly and I'd recommend supplementing your diet with a good quality whey protein simply for ease, try that and crank up your cardio slightly. Three times a week is plenty if your eating healthy and training with weights, give it a go - watch the change.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by WeZet

Yes, I learned the hard way about resting your body. There was sometimes I just had to sit down without getting enough sleep. This is also for anyone who is working out. Sleep is very important!

Do not over train, it's counter productive. No one needs to spend any longer than an hour tops in the gym, unless they have a little "help"

new topics
top topics

join