It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Will Win The Republican Nomination & The Presidency

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hey guys check this out!

If we keep saying he wont win then guess what?!

HE PROBABLY WONT WIN THEN! WOW!

Heres the solution: Stop being apathetic #s, get off your ass and push his message foward if you believe in it as myself and others do.

Its not his "ideals" or anything else that "experts" might argue against him that make him unelectable, its YOU who make him unelectable for playing along and feeling powerless against the system.

I say it again: WAKE UP, RISE UP OR SHUT UP.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I can't believe the defeatist attitudes I am reading on this board
I come to ATS for two reasons, to keep myself up to date and participate in debates

Some of you have such a defeatist attitude and say "well we can't change the status quo"
Then why are you here?

Why complain about anything?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

For the record I like Ron Paul too, but it's not about what I like or don't like, just telling it like it is.
Just being logical here and not letting my sentiments cloud my judgment.
It's about perception and it's about first impression, a first impression which can be either detrimental or beneficial.
Yes, the same type of first impression that got Obama elected.
The first impression he made on almost everyone, that he is charismatic and extemely intelligent.
Now, two years later, it's finally become apparent he obviously doesn't know what he is doing.

In Ron Paul's case this first impression has been detrimental because of his mousy voice.
It also doesn't help that he never shows any emotion, he never gets angry. If he does, I can't tell because his tone is always the same.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just telling you the human Psyche is a mysterious thing.
Good point, there was a simliar mentality with Obama. However with Ron Paul, he speaks the truth. He doesn't smooth-talk people into supporting him, he just gives his honest opinion on things, and he sticks to his views. His voting record is perfect, and he has always been for a smaller government and protecting the people.

Was a strong point in Obamas campaign that he will protect liberty and follow the Constitution to the letter? I don't think so, just "change", Ron Paul is the real deal. He doesn't call his presidency the vague "change" that Obama had, it's more of a peaceful revolution. Not just change in one area, but his campaign is structured around a complete overhaul of the current government and the state of the country.

End all wars, back the federal reserve with gold, end the drug war, cut spending, revamp Social Security, limit the power of the federal government, stop sending so much money overseas, it goes on and on.

I mean he is trying to completely turn this country on it's head and fix all of the problems, and I think that's why people don't support him. Some call it "extreme", others see it as exactly what this country needs. I see Ron Paul as the presidential candidate who can fix most if not all of the problems that this country has, other candidates? Hell no.

He wants to fix this country, and he believes he can get it done through a divided Congress by uniting people with the Constitution: the one area of common ground that all politicians should share.

Also, I disagree about how you think he's monotone and doesn't show emotion. He's a level headed guy who keeps a clear mind and thinks with his intelligence rather than his emotions. But here is a video where he gets pretty emotional:

edit on 18-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Third times a charm.

Ron Paul WILL WIN!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The 2012 pres. election will be Hillary vs. Sarah Palin. Hillary will win.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If he doesnt win someone is going to have to build a Ron Paul crucifix for this place so you all have something to myrter atleast.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

In Ron Paul's case this first impression has been detrimental because of his mousy voice.
It also doesn't help that he never shows any emotion, he never gets angry. If he does, I can't tell because his tone is always the same.

www.youtube.com...

Its quite the opposite actually...if anything all of the other puppets on the list seem to have the problem of being fake, emotionless drones.

Lol, what kind of good first impressions are others making?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Rasmussen doesn't decide our elections. Paul has a very real chance of winning. Those poll numbers aren't taking into account the establishment types dropping out and Ron Paul receiving those supporters.

Ron Paul will definitely shock people with his future success.

I hope you're right. But, I don't think it will happen. He'll get 12% at the most during the primaries. If he drops the GOP and goes Libertarian, he'll get a maximum of 4% in the general election. Don't get me wrong, he'll get MY vote, in the general, unless Herman Cain wins the GOP.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Rasmussen Reports Link:
GOP Primary: Perry 29%, Romney 18%, Bachmann 13%, Ron Paul 9%
...and, this is why Ron Paul will not win in 2012.

Rasmussen Reports only measures the voter pool; thus, they eliminate everyone else who does not vote.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Republican Primary voters, taken Monday night, finds Perry with 29% support. Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who ran unsuccessfully for the GOP presidential nomination in 2008, earns 18% of the vote, while Bachmann, the Minnesota congresswoman who won the high-profile Ames Straw Poll in Iowa on Saturday, picks up 13%.

Texas Congressman Ron Paul, who was a close second to Bachmann on Saturday, has the support of nine percent (9%) of Likely Primary Voters, followed by Georgia businessman Herman Cain at six percent (6%) and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich with five percent (5%). Rick Santorum, former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania, and ex-Utah Governor Jon Huntsman each get one percent (1%) support, while Michigan Congressman Thaddeus McCotter comes in statistically at zero.

Rick Perry - 29% (voters)
Romney - 18% (voters)
Bachmann - 13% (voters)
Ron Paul - 9% (voters)

Ron Paul doesn't have a chance in winning the nomination. When it comes to who wins in elections, the voters have the only say in the matter.

Ron Paul is losing BIG time.

edit on 8/18/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Totally agree man, we're gonna win! And once we do, if the Establishment tries to harm a hair on his head, then the tree of liberty is gonna get oceans of refreshment.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Maybe you forgot about the Iowa straw poll?

Did you forget about Ron Paul winning the Republican Leadership Conference Straw Poll for the second year in a row?

What about Ron Paul winning the online Iowa Straw Poll? No buying your votes went on there as far as I know.

How about this Rasmusse n Reports survey?

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Voters shows Paul picking up 37% of the vote, while the president earns 41%.

What about Ron Paul winning the Texas GOP Poll?

What about Ron Paul winning CPAC Straw Poll?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Your wong he will not..

He should but there is no chance
that he will..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

How about this Rasmusse n Reports survey?

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely Voters shows Paul picking up 37% of the vote, while the president earns 41%.

That was a month ago.

Once Rick Perry had entered into the race, the voting dynamic had drastically changed.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfeelme
Your wong he will not..

He should but there is no chance
that he will..

No, the OP's wong will not win, but Ron Paul will!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ron Paul is definitely the frontrunner, and I hope he absolutely slays all other GOP candidates in the primaries so as to alleviate any doubt.

The reason that the MSM is ignoring him and putting Bachmann and Romney front and center is that those two are defeatable - Ron Paul is not.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This thread needed to be created, and I give it a star and a flag, because MA is absolutely right. People need to realize the power of their thoughts, and realize that a positive thought is far more powerful than a negative one. That is why there is so much negativity in the world, to counteract the positivity.

I firmly believe that Ron Paul will win the election, and save our country. I will put his face on my vision board and everyday spend time thinking about him being my president.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That was a month ago.

Once Rick Perry had entered into the race, the voting dynamic had drastically changed.
I see. Ron Paul is actually glad that Rick Perry is arguably his greatest competition, because if I remember correctly he put it as Rick Perry absorbing the votes of the other candidates, and representing the Status Quo which Ron Paul is the stark opposite of.

I think this is the quote, but I've heard him say it on more than one occasion:

Paul, a congressman who hails from Perry's state, said that the third-term governor could bring positive elements to the race by promoting Texas's economic record. But overall, Perry won't identify with voters who are "disenchanted with the status quo."

"The people who are sick and tired of what they are getting in Washington, they want some significant changes," Paul said on Fox News. "I don't think that he is going to be that attractive to that group of people"
Source

He also talks about how he's "very pleased that [Rick Perry] is coming in", skip to 5:20 in the video:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakurI see. Ron Paul is actually glad that Rick Perry is arguably his greatest competition, because if I remember correctly he put it as Rick Perry absorbing the votes of the other candidates, and representing the Status Quo which Ron Paul is the stark opposite of.

Regardless about how you spin the downward voter trend of Paul, the reality is that he will not win the Republican nomination. Majority of 'the voters' nation wide are leaning towards Perry and Romney. Unless Ron Paul can regain some ground 'with voters', I expect him to drop out of the race next month.

Ron Paul = Ross Perot

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Regardless about how you spin the downward voter trend of Paul, the reality is that he will not win the Republican nomination. Majority of 'the voters' nation wide are leaning towards Perry and Romney. Unless Ron Paul can regain some ground 'with voters', I expect him to drop out of the race next month.
Ron Paul dropping out of the race? Maybe in your wildest dreams that would happen, but Ron Paul isn't going anywhere.

I've heard that if he doesn't win the Republican nomination, he'll run as an independent, and might even have Jesse Ventura as his running mate.

Ron Paul/Jesse Ventura 2012, that would be the best duo of patriotic politicians to ever hold office.

But I think Ron Paul will have plenty of time to gain support from more voters in the upcoming debates. Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not presidential material. The US seems to be headed for Soviet era style breakup. No need for an 80+ year old congressman who can only say I told you so. But thanks anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join