It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Will Win The Republican Nomination & The Presidency

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

With Age comes WISDOM my Child , Hush .......

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by caladonea

With Age comes WISDOM my Child , Hush .......

Hi...you are funny...thank you for giving me a good laugh! Tell CNN to hush................

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by squibo

I think if he runs as third party or independent, people are so disgruntled it could go anywhere.

He could take votes from Obama that could cost Obama the election, but he could do the same to Perry, Bachman or Romney,

I honestly think if he enters as an independent, it will mess the whole election up based on how the Electoral College works.

To get elected POTUS, one has to have 270 electoral votes. If no candidate gets 270 votes, the election will go to the House of Representatives, where I guarantee the Republicans in the house will try to pick the Republican nominee. Thing is they must have a 2/3 majority and only one vote is allowed per state, if I read the 12th Amendment correctly.

I can see it now, next year like the Budget Crisis and the Debt Ceiling Crisis, we are going to have a Presidential Succession Crisis, far bigger than Bush Vs. Gore over hanging chads.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

No, I'm sorry but he will NOT win.
Why?

..because it takes a whole lotta "attaboy's" to overcome one "uh oh".
He shot himself on the foot when he said there should be a nuclear Iran, and that didn't go well with many.

Also, he may have the intelligence to be President but his demeanor and personality are a little too much on the "push over" side.
He is too much of a kind sweet Uncle, (translation: not tough enough).
That alone will keep from voting for him.
What the hell are you talking about? He has his opinions, and he sticks to them. What kind of a "push over" would have a perfect voting record in the Congress? He is the stark opposite of a pushover. He doesn't change his views to match the public and become popular, he sticks to his views and the public are the ones changing their views to match his.

The people are waking up and realizing that the wars need to end, and Ron Paul knows this. That's why he doesn't want to invade Iran, he never said "there should be a nuclear Iran" as far as I know, he just says that we shouldn't focus our military efforts on their country because sanctioning them will be the thing that instigates another brutal war or another terrorist attack.

He is definitely worried about them using their nukes if they develop them, but his stance is basically that we need to quit finding excuses to fight wars, and that we need to leave other countries to deal with things themselves and mind our own business.

Another good point Ron Paul always makes is that the Soviet Union had over 30,000 nukes during the Cold War, but we never invaded them. Now Iran potentially developing a couple nuclear weapons (which based on what Ron Paul claims members of the CIA told him won't be for many years) is enough for the American people to say "Look, they're going to nuke people! We need more war!"

It's pure propaganda, and the people are eating it up again. It's just another excuse to keep us in the Middle East. Do you guys notice a similarity between this and the justification for the Invasion of Iraq? WMDs? Where the hell were those things? It's the same situation all over again but the people can't even see that.
edit on 18-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ron Paul will win. Kind regards, Australia

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

ATS is a haven of Ron Paul support yet the poll proved nobody ranked his electabillity as a strong factor, that is why you are seeing his supporters here express their no confidence in him by the type of comments that you listed which you are complaining about. Your rantings won't change that, Ron Paul himself has to steer his campaign into a winning strategy. The problem is to date he has shown he has no control over his base. Whining about the media has been their latest tantrum. Like it or not the RNC controls the workings of the Republican party and Ron Paul is nothing but a phoney to them. They know he will ditch them to go independant and in the meantime just rob airtime from their supported candidates. He is a third party hemeroid on the tail end of a Party that got a spanking the last time around, what kind of welcoming commity to you think he is ever going to get?

Wow.....I thought we got rid of you in the last thread. Who are you with? Perry? Bachmann?

All I can say is you're making a spectacle of yourself.

You think Ron Paul is the "hemorrhoid (notice proper spelling) at the tail end of a party that got a spanking the last time around?" Well, I say you are the hemorrhoid that is plaguing these forums with your nonsensical b.s.
edit on 18-8-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

After reading many of Tinfoils posts I've concluded that he's either a government shill, somebody on here saying things to piss us off because he knows most people are Ron Paul supporters, or, the scariest of all possibilitites, he actually believes what he is saying is true.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Also, he may have the intelligence to be President but his demeanor and personality are a little too much on the "push over" side.

Unbelievable....

REALLY?

Shall I post one of the COUNTLESS videos available that depict Ron Paul addressing his peers on the issues that NO other politicians have the balls to even whisper about? I have never seen this man back down. I have never seen ANYONE get the better of him on ANY issues because he knows the issues better than anyone.

That sounds like the furthest thing from a "pushover" there is. Maybe you would prefer the Bible thumper Bachmann and her homophobic husband? Oh, wait, no....maybe Sarah Palin who quits her governors job in midterm and thinks being neighbors with Russia gives her foreign policy experience.

If none of those are acceptable to you, there's always another four years of the KENYAN!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

After reading many of Tinfoils posts I've concluded that he's either a government shill, somebody on here saying things to piss us off because he knows most people are Ron Paul supporters, or, the scariest of all possibilitites, he actually believes what he is saying is true.

Agreed, Tupac!

....And I thought Kro32 was bad......LOL

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm with you brother.
Ron Paul will get The Republican nod, and then, he will BEAT Obama in 2012!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

do you even think before you post what you post? a pushover? seriously? he is the only politician up there that never flip flops. please explain yourself on how exactly Ron Paul is a push over? I seriously want to hear your logic behind this.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You can't really be too harsh though. Cynicism is the apathetic reaction to being stonewalled for decades.

You are right though. It seems finally we can have the Liberty agenda on the table for once, and can focus on peace and prosperity rather than war and debt.

I still have a funny feeling about all of this.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Good post OP, i'm all with you on this one, unless ppl stop being negative and just push things aside and say "it won't work" or "TPTB will just destroy it...." then that is exactly what will happen, BECAUSE you are reinforcing their intentions and ALLOWING them to do just that, destroying everything you want.

Beware of the power of you're minds, especially when the thoughts are reinforced in large groups of ppl... thoughts are the first step to changing reality... be cautious of your thoughts and intentions, for they have the power to change everything.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
here is a thought, why not spread Ron paul videos through out facebook?

I have been doing that with friends, I am sure if more people get around to it he can get much more votes. Use the internet if all else fails.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Let me say that I knew Paul thanks to ATS. I hoped for his Presidency back in 2008. This time I WANT that Paul wins, he MUST win cause we all need a man that moves and thinks basing on common sense and NOT on corporations and their money and greed. If I were American I would vote for Paul in a heart beat. I feel that this man could really lead to a more peaceful world. Go RON!!! Go for America and for the World!!! The peaceful and wonderful World that can be!!!

Ciao,

Emanuele

P.S. Made my best to be as positive as possible!

edit on 18-8-2011 by Emanuele_C because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

OK, I hope you understand he can't win

Really, why should your or anyone elses opinion as to the chances of a Ron Paul win/loss be elevated above others? So you like Ron Paul, good for you. Not everyone believes his ideas are what America needs. Are the pro Ron Paul members on ATS the arbitrators of which opinions will be published?

I don't like his ideas. Some that bother me are:

I believe in a strong military presence in the world with interventions as required to support our foreign policy interests and to serve a role in breaking up squabbles. If we are the world police, so be it.

I do care if Iran gets nuclear weapons to lord over their neighbors which currently supplies the world with oil. I sure wouldn't look forward to having defeat and break up a Persian Caliphate in that part of the world so oil could flow.

Putting protective tariffs in place is an act of desperation and defeatist, you are basically giving up on innovation, creativity and the spirit to excel. Sure, let's start manufacturing expensive versions of the junk we can buy from China and the third world. With the current attitudes of labor in the US we may never again have products that aren't crappy.

edit on 8/18/2011 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ron Paul is not the messiah, and won't even make it to the primaries.

I know the OP and all you Paulites are frothing at the mouth, but that does not change the facts.

Fact is, he's been in the Congress for decades.

If he had the kind of political cache that a presidential hopeful needs, he would have been President already.

Secondly, he is in his 70's, right? So, the base would be looking very hard at his running mate.

Who would that be, my Paulite friends?

And lastly, NO ONE gets to Washington without the pall of backroom favors....

Your beloved Straw man included.

You want to make some real changes?

Run yourself.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I believe Ron Paul definitely has a chance to win, as long as we are willing to help him win.
Show your support everywhere you can, bring up political conversations, know what he believes so that we can answer questions. Register Republican to vote in the primaries.

And soon, I plan to post a thread "debunking" all the myths about Ron Paul, such as the fact that he is racist, or too old, or whatever. It should be good(:

Peacee

ETA: Don't listen to trolls! Some people have lost all hope, and it really is sad. But I suppose it is hard to blame them, considering. I for one, need something to hope for though! RP 2012!
edit on 8/18/2011 by nihonjindesu08 because: Ze Trollz Comment

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What some of you fail to realize is this. I advise you listen.

If Ron Paul doesn't win, or, if he wins and they kills him (dies of heart attack), you may get that Second American Revolution.

You sit there thinking what you like Sheeple.

Reality is sneaking up on you. Like it or not. You need to deal.

Ron Paul is "the only hope" for our obviously fake government election system. I don't give a crap if you don't like some of his views. We are literally dying people, if someone else with a 30 year track record rolls in and says he's gonna end the FED, I'd say vote for him too. Ending the Fed is the most important act that could be done in America at this point in time.

If you don't know that, you're a fool.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Friggin-A! That's what I call proactive positivity. Three cheers for Modern Academia. Fear and apathy are the weapons of choice of tptb.

Ron Paul is going to be the next president of the united states. So long federal reserve. So long banksters. Welcome posterity, abundance and cheap clean energy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join