It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Will Win The Republican Nomination & The Presidency

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by tangonine

Cool.

Was mostly just addressing the isolationist comment you had made, but it does help other readers who may not be aware of his policies militarily. He's not an isolationist, and would definitely not take an attack on the chin, we just need to focus on our country right now. We need our troops home, for so many reasons.

and I'm a dyed in the wool warrior. Have a deployment or 2 under my belt. I've lost friends.

Bring them home.

Now.
edit on 19-8-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That's the goal we are all pushing towards. You, and your fallen brothers and sisters, signed up to defend this nation. We the people failed you, by remaining complacent while corporate pigs bought 'for sale' politicians, that pushed an agenda that set up our tax funded military as security guards for corporate interests in lands where the people do not want them there. Those corporations should have to hire private security contractors, but it's a lot cheaper to just bribe a few politicians. It's disgusting. But, we have a chance to stop the bleeding. The people are awakening, the movement supporting Ron Paul is growing out of the Establishment's control. It's probably no surprise to you that Ron Paul is the candidate with by far the most support from the military.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

That's the goal we are all pushing towards. You, and your fallen brothers and sisters, signed up to defend this nation. We the people failed you, by remaining complacent while corporate pigs bought 'for sale' politicians, that pushed an agenda that set up our tax funded military as security guards for corporate interests in lands where the people do not want them there. Those corporations should have to hire private security contractors, but it's a lot cheaper to just bribe a few politicians. It's disgusting. But, we have a chance to stop the bleeding. The people are awakening, the movement supporting Ron Paul is growing out of the Establishment's control. It's probably no surprise to you that Ron Paul is the candidate with by far the most support from the military.

I appreciate your sentiment, but life is really pretty unfair. I never asked for it to be fair, I didn't expect it to be fair. I'm lucky: I'm alive. My vehicle was never hit by an IED on some goat path in the Hindu Kush. I don't hold the American people responsible at all. People are sheep. They do what they do in ignorance, as they've done for thousands of years.

When I was born, there wasn't someone there with a piece of paper outlining how life would be fair to me. I didn't sign on to this existence, but I'm here, and expect exactly 0 from the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

While you may not expect it, you deserve much better. You put your life on the line, to protect our families from harm. You deserve better from the people, and I hope in the future you get what you deserve. I see Ron Paul as a way towards that.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

While you may not expect it, you deserve much better. You put your life on the line, to protect our families from harm. You deserve better from the people, and I hope in the future you get what you deserve. I see Ron Paul as a way towards that.

Again, I appreciate it, but I'm just a guy. I don't deserve any more or less than the homeless dude curled up behind Chilli's. We're all just people.

I just hope we get a candidate that realizes that.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I stopped reading when I got to "Bow Down". I am non political so please take what I said from that view point.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
I am non political so please take what I said from that view point.

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Regardless of what you think, you need to know that Congress picks the presidents. They pick them based on how they can be pushed, how far they can be pushed..

Congress is scared of Ron Paul. Sure he will win the run for presidency, this doesn't mean he will be our President. The people have no real say in who our president is. Voting is put in place to make us 'feel like we voted someone into office.

If you're non-political, why would you come into the political forum, and make a political statement? And why did you stop reading at "bow down"? It seems like that's what you're telling us we should do, just accept that we have "no real say", and let our self anointed kings call the shots.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

He is going to win!
Wow look at this:
Video: Ron Paul 81%, Rick Perry 19%

Another internet poll.

Ron Paul supporters LOVE internet polls, of course all other polls are rigged or bought out

I guess Ron Paul will be the President of the Internet...but he has no chance of anything in the real world.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Straw Poll Ditto:

The sad truth is that Obama will be reelected, no matter what these polls indicate. Obama knows it. The Democats know it (esp Pelosi and Reid). Most of the intelligentsia and certainly MSM know it.

The reason is simple: votes. The number of voters that are on the dole, feel like they need entitlements, and otherwise are stupid and lazy far outnumber the rest - and they still get a vote.

It does not matter that Ron Paul (or whatever flavor of fiscally conservative candidate you admire) is the better potential president or not. He can;t get enough votes.

The lazy and the dummies (esp. the union hacks) are the vast majority. They bought the last election. They'll buy the next one too.

All Obama has to do is spew platitudes of nothing (just as he has been), sit back, go on vacations, and throw trillions down the toilet - and wait for November 2012 to roll around. It'll be effortless. Sad, unworthy, frustrating as hell -but effortless nonetheless.

Perry has only the slightest snowball-in-Hell chance of beating Obama - and that's only if he can persuade the rest of the republicans, the libertarians, and a good chunk of the free-loading democats to join him. Good luck with that. Ron Paul, best man or not, will not make it. Sorry. All he'll do is spoil some of Perry's pie.

Obama can keep stepping on his own privates from now till next November and he'll still be shoveled back into the Oval office by his protagonists and despite his ineptitude - esp. in places like California, Illinois - big voter-big union states. He's already got all the blacks and hispanics sewn up. nobody is going to be able to knock him off that mountain... the numbers are just not there...

But - Like most of you, however, I'll vote for Ron Paul - again - despite the futility in doing so...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ron Paul is certainly electable!!!

People are becoming more and more aware of how the RINOs and the Dramacrats work... and WE THE PEOPLE
can elect this man if we work together and strive to awaken others.

This man is our country's last hope.

I look at it this way... If Obama loses the election there is going to be rioting in the streets. If Obama wins the election there is going to be rioting in the streets.

Either way we lose.... unless we work to get Ron Paul nominated.... someone who has a proven track record of bringing people together to accomplish what needs to be done.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Must see video(s)/political ads!

Ron Paul WILL win!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I linked but it was only the picture you posted.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KennibleLecter

Sorry about that, my bad...didn't copy the link right.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
this place is going to be in mourning when he drops out after the third primary. once the debates begin, and the ads start running, and people see him for the crackpot he is, he will bottom out

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I can't wait until he gets more coverage, and the ads start coming. Bring it on. Rick Perry is getting worried and tried to buy off the (Ron Paul friendly) GOP chairman in New Hampshire, to get him to resign. Same thing is going on in Utah, they're scared. In the event he doesn't win the nomination, he can still run third party. The conditions are right in this country for a third party candidate to win. People are sick of the BS.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

he isn't electable by any measure. his own party won't support him, they all wish he would go away like the drunken uncle at a birthday party. not because he is bold and daring, but because his economic policy ideas alone are just nuts.

I like some of the things he does, I really do. he just belongs where he is, and simply will not be a viable candidate for potus

on his own webiste, there is a big sign saying "end social security and medicare"

one ad, one debate, and he is done

one
edit on 24-8-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Okay, I'll bite. Why are his economic policies nuts? What else do you feel is nuts about his ideas?

As for the rest of it, read/heard it all before. Again, conditions are right for this kind of change. If enough people get his REAL message, and not lies from the mouths of those who don't want to lose their gravy trains, they will be on board. I'm very optimistic, and I'm gonna do everything I can to spread the word.

ETA: What big sign are you referring to? Please provide the link...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by 27jd

he isn't electable by any measure. his own party won't support him, they all wish he would go away like the drunken uncle at a birthday party. not because he is bold and daring, but because his economic policy ideas alone are just nuts.

I like some of the things he does, I really do. he just belongs where he is, and simply will not be a viable candidate for potus

on his own webiste, there is a big sign saying "end social security and medicare"

one ad, one debate, and he is done

one
edit on 24-8-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

So then you're happy with politics as usual?

that to me sounds nuts.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I was editing my post when you replied. I'm all for making changes to SS and medicare, but ending them ? that's just plain nuts

I love how he takes on the fed, I applaud him for that, but he can do that as a congressman

he is unelectable as the guy who wants grandma to sell the house and get 3 jobs to cover her prescriptions

unelectable

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

His personal views are that both Social Security and Medicare are unconstitutional. But, at the same time he has made it clear that he wouldn't up and pull the rug out from under anybody, he wants to give people the opportunity to opt out of both in the future, and make their own provisions for healthcare and retirement, if they so choose. He has made it clear that he is not going to throw people who are already dependent on their @sses. The way the system is geared now, we won't be able to provide these things once it all comes crashing down. His plans, are the only ones that can reign in spending enough to keep paying for those who are in need, mostly cutting the 2 BILLION a day to operate our overseas military bases, by bringing the troops home. Here's two good links that break it down more in detail...

www.ontheissues.org...

www.ontheissues.org...

I think we need to offer the kids the chance to get out. But right now, if we don’t save the money, we can’t take care of the other. I never voted to spend one penny of Social Security money. So I’m the one that has saved it. I say take that money--and I say this constantly--don’t turn anybody out on the streets--people we have conditioned--but I would say take care of the people that are dependent on us. The only way you can do that is cut spending. If we don’t, they’re all going to be out in the street. Because right now Social Security beneficiaries are getting 2% raises, but their cost of living is going up 10%. A dollar crisis is going to wipe them all out.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join