It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Elenin, why does no one speak of Asteroid YU55?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Anybody got Stellerium data for the comets?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Something else of note is that the moon will be approximately 222646 miles from the earth at that time (extrapolated from www.timeanddate.com...). YU55 will be approximately 201810 away from earth.. for a total distance of 20836 miles from the moon. That's a little under two earth diameters. I can't find anything to tell me where the moon will be in relation to YU55, though.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Something else of note is that the moon will be approximately 222646 miles from the earth at that time (extrapolated from www.timeanddate.com...). YU55 will be approximately 201810 away from earth.. for a total distance of 20836 miles from the moon. That's a little under two earth diameters. I can't find anything to tell me where the moon will be in relation to YU55, though.

Put the objects into Universe sandbox, and hit play

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Very interesting, thanks for the post. From that, I would say it has a chance of impacting the moon as well. Would an impact of the moon effect Earth? I know that the Moon effects tides and such, but I can't see it making a huge difference to us on Earth.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well the moon has its share of battle scars. Maybe its purpose is to shield us from astronomical devastation.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Elenin- could be brown dwarf
- could impact earth
- could be Nibiru
- could be alien spacecraft
- could have fleet of aliens behind it
- could tilt our axis

Elenin can't be a brown dwarf
- can't impact Earth
- can't be fictional planet called Nibiru
- can't tilt out axis

YU55 - could be an alien spacecraft
- could have fleet of aliens behind it

If you want to go out on a limb and made unsubstantiated claims such as aliens and spacecraft, then YU55 is more likely than comet Elenin. Elenin is blowing off material to form a coma. Not exactly a useful process for a spacecraft to do.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BGbeauregard
reply to post by rogerstigers
I know that the Moon effects tides and such, but I can't see it making a huge difference to us on Earth.

Without the moon, the north-south axis would vary tremendously-- to the point where the poles would sometimes be in our orbital plane. These changes would mean that there would be no stable seasons, and it's questionable whether or not the planet would be able to sustain life.

Read More

I don't think we want anything to happen to the moon.

Be Well.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lisaloeb1214

en.wikipedia.org...

Collaborating with Houji - a semi-mythical agricultural master about whom little is concretely known - Yu successfully devised a system of flood controls that were crucial in establishing the prosperity of the Chinese heartland

i want to know who Houji is!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Because Elenin is part of a psyop. It's being used as a distraction and people fell for it hook line and sinker.
Every magician knows if there's something you want to hide, you make sure everyone looks in one place and not where they should be looking.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BGbeauregard

This link comes from a impact simulator to show damage based on any given set of variables. In this run I entered the rough known figures for Yu-55, since that has the most chance of giving a surprise.

Just for fun, I made the angle of impact 90 degrees (As disasterous an angle as possible) and an entry speed of 71 Kilometers per second. That is the absolute maximum speed they calculate an object can manage to hit us (based on their parameters), and Yu-55 isn't projected to be remotely close to that. I even projected Yu-55 have a density of solid Iron. Again, it's blowing the curve of the results toward the worst scenario the simulator can produce, given the input. These are the WORST CASE figures...

Yu-55 WORST case scenario impact damage

Like I've been saying, even Elenin herself is too small, with every variable in the red 'worst case' category, to do more than really devastate a region of our planet. That is ABSOLUTE WORST and almost physically impossible to see happen at the required numbers. Yu-55 will be REAL ugly if you're under where it 'would' crash...but get a distance out and you'd get a weird wind blow from nowhere and a slight tremor beneath your feet, if that much.

Of course a water impact would mean the coast isn't where you'd want to be on that particular day.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Any size asteroid impact will affect the moon's orbit, but most known asteroids would only push it millimeters... if that much. I imagine there are massive near-earth objects that could substantially affect the moon's orbit though.

Anything that would be massive (i.e. about as large as the moon itself) and fast enough to do so would shatter the moon, and thousands of city-sized chunks of rocks would be sent in all directions, some of those falling on Earth. Then, we would go the way of the dinosaurs.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bishop2199

Very interesting Bishop, thank you for the post. I do think it is a little weird that the FEMA Drill testing will be on the same day YU55 is supposed to pass us, and also that this day falls on 9/11. I'm most certainly not saying it's a sign of our impending doom, just a little weird.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Very informative post Wrabbit, thanks man! Yeah, I also agree if it were to hit the ocean, I would get as far away from the coasts as possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Actually comet Elenin at an estimated 4km in diameter nucleus is much larger than YU55 which is only 400m in diameter, or 1/10 the diameter. It does pass much closer though as it passes closer than the distance to the Moon.

Asteroid 2005 YU55 to Approach Earth on November 8, 2011

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You don't appear to understand the implications of an impact. You are also assuming public and amateur astronomers would rather watch a 'small' lump of iron rather than the more beautiful celestial objects. Maybe the same astronomers that you are making assumptions about, are also making those same assumptions. Or even just "let's leave it up to NASA to track them."

Dates and times.

st.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Another very interesting thing I've found is this:

Here is the orbit of Elenin:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is the orbit of YU55:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you look at both of their orbits, their is a very good chance that YU55 could collide with Elenins coma before they reach us, which could alter the course of YU55, and possible throw it straight towards us.

Once again, please don't think I'm trying to scare anyone, all this information is just very interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Also, thanks you Stereologist, you are very right. Elenin is bigger than YU55, my mistake.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

You don't appear to understand the implications of an impact. You are also assuming public and amateur astronomers would rather watch a 'small' lump of iron rather than the more beautiful celestial objects. Maybe the same astronomers that you are making assumptions about, are also making those same assumptions. Or even just "let's leave it up to NASA to track them."

Dates and times.

st.

First let me say I'm just a normal net user out here like everyone else. I don't have letters after my name and my limited college wasn't in astrophysics. I just sat down last week and decided I was sick of hearing a half a dozen mutually exclusive versions of what is about to happen, so I spent the better part of a few days on almost no sleep until I felt I knew, to MY satisfaction, what is likely to happen vs the majority of total garbage this topic has generated all over the net.

Having said that, the confidence I have in presenting what I've put together comes from having based everything I've done and continue to do leading up to November on the best data the public can access, at the organizations whose people dedicate their entire lives to studying these issues. Then I check it 3 times. (don't ask... 3 is just a personal thing) If their life's work and experience generate bogus numbers, then our Planet is in deep trouble because in this case, they are it. There is no one else, since their lies would have to somehow cover the planet full of amateurs double checking every status update and thus far, nodding their heads and accepting the data as valid for what we know right now.

If you have other sources which may do better...I'm all ears, but without alternatives, my other choice is to somehow unlearn everything I've learned since last Friday morning as fact as well as the last year or more in general background and simply go back to changing my sense of well being or impending doom on which author wrote what version most recently.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BGbeauregardIf you look at both of their orbits, their is a very good chance that YU55 could collide with Elenins coma before they reach us, which could alter the course of YU55, and possible throw it straight towards us.

Once again, please don't think I'm trying to scare anyone, all this information is just very interesting.
Not saying that you are trying to scare anyone, but I for one, using the orbit simulator provided cannot find anytime that these two will get close enough to interact with each other.

During the closest approach of YU55 (set to happen between October 8th and October 9th, ~10:00PM - 01:00 AM), this is the data I come up with:

Elenin distance to Earth/Sun (in AU's):
October 8th, ~10:00 PM -- ~.395/1.352
October 8th, ~11:00 PM -- ~.396/1.353
October 9th, ~12:00 AM -- ~.396/1.354
October 9th, ~01:00 AM -- ~.397/1.354

YU55 distance to Earth/Sun (in AU's):
October 8th, ~10:00 PM -- ~.0023/.99
October 8th, ~11:00 PM -- ~.0023/.99
October 9th, ~12:00 AM -- ~.0023/.991
October 9th, ~01:00 AM -- ~.0024/.991

-saige-
edit on 17-8-2011 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by saige45

Originally posted by BGbeauregardIf you look at both of their orbits, their is a very good chance that YU55 could collide with Elenins coma before they reach us, which could alter the course of YU55, and possible throw it straight towards us.

Not saying that you are trying to scare anyone, but I for one, using the orbit simulator provided cannot find anytime that these two will get close enough to interact with each other.

During the closest approach of YU55 (set to happen between October 8th and October 9th, ~10:00PM - 01:00 AM), this is the data I come up with:

Elenin distance to Earth/Sun (in AU's):
October 8th, ~10:00 PM -- ~.395/1.352
October 8th, ~11:00 PM -- ~.396/1.353
October 9th, ~12:00 AM -- ~.396/1.354
October 9th, ~01:00 AM -- ~.397/1.354

YU55 distance to Earth/Sun (in AU's):
October 8th, ~10:00 PM -- ~.0023/.99
October 8th, ~11:00 PM -- ~.0023/.99
October 9th, ~12:00 AM -- ~.0023/.991
October 9th, ~01:00 AM -- ~.0024/.991

-saige-
edit on 17-8-2011 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

What simulator?

universesandbox.com... also allows control over mass etc. if you have the mass info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join