It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Obama, please Explain to These People why you Spent 2 Million on yourself!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by yaluk

They might pretend that but lets really look at them. They have no viable plans to deal with it now.. They just want to bring things down because when that happens its not going to be the elite and ubber rich who pay for it, it will be us slave workers. We will starve, work 20 hours a day in unsafe conditions because they got us to give up our unions and safety regulations. They will still take 5 vacations a year and lease there high school aged kids new BMW's.. Every year.

I dont know any answer for us normal people really, all i can say is "Buy the ticket, take the ride"

so continuing to do what is not working just cuz you want to avoid hard times.. is what I get from that. hard times are already set in stone for this country. the times will get harder the longer you prolong it. the hole gets deeper and deeper.

I get it, I get both sides but would you rather exhaust any resources prolonging the inevitable or would you rather use them to help with solutions. isn't insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? countries go through cycles bad times are one of them its unavoidable. I would much rather control when the problems occurr than to push out the problems and not know when they hit.

edit on 18-8-2011 by yaluk because: ..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

2 million really....at this point 2 million dollars is a insignificant amount, not really even worth a thread.
Security measures demand any president to spend any amount necessary.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

Hmm, not at all.. But i dont think listening to conservative propaganda wise either. All the points one side is making is just drum beating and attempting to take out programs that they have been after for years. At the same time attempting to get programs they have wanted to change for years (like abortion, seperation of church and state, ubber elite tax breaks etc) Its nothing more then taking advantage of us when we are in a bad situation, much like how they got the patriot act going to start with. People get afraid, they scream for the gov to do something and then it happens.. And the people spend 10 years complaining about it lol.

Now IMO we are going to have to cut spending but not programs that aid people, at the same time we are going to need to raise taxes on the rich and big business. I also like the tax break ideas for business that doesnt outsource and starts producing American again.

End of the day though all the complaints.. We have been in this downward spiral since 2001. Words from any nation wont make people invest, it wont make people hire. Took us awhile to get in this mess, and its going to take awhile to get out of it. Lets just hope people dont listen to all the talk on the way or we might just dig ourselves a deeper hole.
edit on 18-8-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The U.S. President is our Ambassador to the World. More than that, he's the symbol of America, wherever he goes.

There's a reason D.C. is built to intimidate.

There's a reason Airforce One is so impressive.

Personally, I'd want our representative to command respect, awe, etc. and that is what these symbols of the office do. Justifiable expenses in my opinion, especially the added measures to ensure the President's safety.

And while I didn't vote for him, I respect the man, the office, and of course, the safety of him and his family.

Probably the best post in this whole thread.

Right on.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

I think you misunderstand me completely. when I say I have no party it is because I disagree with both sides as they are made in such a way to divided the people by splitting hot points. abortion and all that are used to distract people from the power grabs in government and tax breaks for the rich.
all those things you stated they want to get back in should be left to the states. uber tax breaks for the rich? why they aren't the only ones who can create jobs. I can you can create jobs only if we are allowed to breathe but we can't cuz we get bombarded by government taxes and corporation cut backs on wages/benefits. at the end of the day after working your butt off all you want to do is get drink watch football and forget your life.

my problem with our government is republicans and demeocrats are both bought by different kinds of rich people. those who want government to let them to whatever the he'll they want are republicans and those who want to use government peddle their services and products as a mandate through government laws.

that's why I say I have no party because those parties are for the rich not for me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

I agree that Perry will probably end up winning the republican primary and will be the only one to give Obama a run for the white house.
But to be honest I don't think America can afford another republican from Texas. If Perry is anything like Bush on foreign policy and economic policy we will be screwed. But then again Obama is spending too much money also.

The real question is which one is going to put us deeper in the hole.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover

You do understand that it was not President Obama who ordered these buses? It was rather the Secret Service who are charged with protecting not just the President but other governement officials as well. Additionally, once the Republicans "nominate" their candidate for president in the 2012 election, he or she will have the use of the second secure bus as well as Secret Service protection.

Quoted For Truth. I'm going to quote this every page that this thread is active.

I'm so tired of the partisan BS being led by paid posters. Thankfully, I have definitive proof on a number of paid shills on ATS that I'll be exposing very soon

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Have to disagree with you on this. The President should spend any amount of money when it comes to security and even the republicans will agree wholeheartedly with this as this issue has come up before. You can't stick the President on a greyhound bus to travel around.

Are you one of those "Sock Puppets" I keep hearing about?

Meanwhile, this fancy van was built in Canada.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I love the people that defend this crap saying "you know, both sides spend money like this" NO CRAP!

Just because somebody attacks Obama about spending like a thief doesn't mean when others do it, it doesn't make them sick as well.

Or how bout the "he is the president, he needs it" He could easily have a secure transportation without spending so frivolously. Securely re-enforcing a bus does not cost 2 million. Thick steel and bullet proof windows, done.

How bout our tax dollars being spent for his campaign. Big problem.

You don't have to be a Obama hater, to hate how money is being wasted by a bloated, bankrupt country, while people starve, you just have to be a decent person.

Or how bout "can't we talk about more important issues" This is the important issue, we finance a royalty like life style for our political class as people starve in the street. That is not important?!?!?

This whole left/right crap is how they get you to go along with BS like this. Many republicans turned a blind eye to Bush and his outrageous spending just how now many democrats are turning a Blind eye to Obamas spending sprees.

How bout no pointless and reckless spending by either party as tax payers starve and the country is bankrupt?

Why is it so easy for people to defend republicans and democrats when they do stupid, reckless, thoughtless crap? Do you people enjoy licking their boots?

The fact that these buses were made in Canada, for his "jobs" tour is simply adding insult to injury. What the heck is he thinking?

Our country is bankrupt, Unemployment is rampant. He should use a little more tact. He should use a little intelligence. He shouldn't waste a frivolous amount of money at a time when so many have so little.
edit on 18-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

link   

Its a very simple explanation:

He's a hypocrite, and he's an elitist.

He goes on and on and on about corporate jets, private jets, rich people need to redistribute the wealth. Then he continues to live an increasingly grand life of luxury, where rides in the biggest most expensive private jet, and vacations on the american tax payers dime.

All of this while the average american continues to be laid off, foreclosed upon, and struggling.

link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by Gazrok

The U.S. President is our Ambassador to the World. More than that, he's the symbol of America, wherever he goes.

There's a reason D.C. is built to intimidate.

There's a reason Airforce One is so impressive.

Personally, I'd want our representative to command respect, awe, etc. and that is what these symbols of the office do. Justifiable expenses in my opinion, especially the added measures to ensure the President's safety.

And while I didn't vote for him, I respect the man, the office, and of course, the safety of him and his family.

Probably the best post in this whole thread.

Right on.

I have read other stupid posts from you so I won't ask if your are one of those "Sock Puppets" I keep hearing about but I am going to point out that this fancy van you (whatever you are) like so much was BUILT IN CANADA.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
There is so much wrong in Mr Obama’s spending of American tax dollars I just don’t know where to begin. So I’ll focus on his New Canadian Provost 1 million dollar bus.

While I'm not an Obama fan anymore, this is a Secret Service expenditure, not Obama. Sorry. Your point is moot.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Again I don't care who the president is or what party gets what, this is bullspit. Let me see a show of hands that agrees the predsident should be campaigning in a $2 mil dollar bus, bought and paid for by people that are worried about having enough at the end of the month to make ends meet, are about to lose their home they've lived in for 20 years, and don't know if they are gonna have a job tomorrow. This makes me sick. I served this country and gave 4 years because I believed I was lucky enough to live in the best country on Earth. When is the real America going to stand up and say "Thats it, no more, everyone in Washington, you don't have to go home but you got to get the hell up out of here."

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod
If you want ridiculous spending, how about the time I was sitting in the chow hall in Iraq eating some Grade D pot roast, and over the news we hear about President Obama's $200,000 Gingerbread House.

Even my OIC, who was an ardent supporter of Obama, looked at me and said "That's f'd up."
edit on 8/18/2011 by RedGod because: italics needed fixing

You must have been watching Fox News. The Gingerbread house that the WhiteHouse Chef created for Obama was no less extravagant than others....each Christmas the Whitehouse Chef makes a Gingerbread house...

See here for Whitehouse Gingerbread Houses through the years
eatingtheroad.wordpress.com...

So how was the $200k number arrived at? Sounds like FOX math to me.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yes, he could've had one by Newell Coach for example, they are high quality coaches built in Commerce, Oklahoma (Birthplace of Mickey Mantle) they cost less and several big name country singers own them... they are american made and based on Kenworth tractor trailer running gear i think.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

even if it wasn't 200k it was probably a rediculous number, i am also active duty military, don't even ask me about my christmas, and thanksgiving 2010... hope the president enjoyed his

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Have to disagree with you on this. The President should spend any amount of money when it comes to security and even the republicans will agree wholeheartedly with this as this issue has come up before. You can't stick the President on a greyhound bus to travel around.

What's wrong with the armored limo they already have two of? Not luxurious enough for Mac Daddy O?

The OP has a very valid point, not to disagree with YOU.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Your post makes a great appeal to emotion, with all the images of these poor dissheveled people, screaming "BUT WHAT ABOUT THEM OBAMA? HUH?"

But unfortunately, it's lacking in any real substance or argument. Once you take out the pathos, there's really nothing for it to stand on.

Next time, instead of spending so much time searching Google for striking images that are completely unrelated, you should spend more time actually writing a logical, rational topic that people can discuss.

"The quickest way to lose an argument is to overstate it."

ETA: That's not to say the point behind your topic isn't valid, but you present it in a way that heats up the issue, and creates a divisive emotional line, instead of I'm a way where people can actually discuss the topic.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Akasirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

Ah, i dont really know you or what party you represent..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

The new bus--a road version of Air Force One--was retrofitted by Hemphil Brothers Coach Company in Nashville, Tn., with the basic heavy duty shell purchased from Prevost, a divison of The Volvo group, a manufacturer of touring coaches with its corporate headquarters in Sainte-Claire, Quebec.

Prevost has a variety of U.S. operations, including a U.S. central order desk in Elgin, Ill., a city west of Chicago. In the U.S., Prevost also has parts and service centers in New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Tennesse and California.

Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, the agency ordering the bus, told me in a telephone interview that Prevost was selected because the model was the only one "to our knowledge that had the payload capacity, " to "handle the weight of the equipment we were going to put on it."

Hemphill Brothers used U.S. contractors and parts, Donovan said, for the security and communications equipment and other items on the two buses the agency purchased. "Everything that is retrofitted was done in the U.S.," he said.

The heavy duty motorcoach model was selected "based on our requirements to provide the most protection for the people who are going to use it."

blogs.suntimes.com...

I really wish people would look up facts before they speak, not just go with whatever propaganda you come by that sounds good to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join