It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Obama, please Explain to These People why you Spent 2 Million on yourself!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
I get what the point of this of this post is, but it's also kinda funny in a way.

Ok, so Obama bought a nice new shiny bus to use that cost 2 million bucks.

The United States is in debt by over 14 Trillion dollars.

14,000,000,000,000 / 2,000,000 = 7,000,000. So, in other words, Obama would have to buy 7 MILLION of these buses to reach the current debt. Somehow I REALLY doubt they care about 2 million bucks here or there... but yea, it sure would be nice if I had 2 million bucks in my hand.

Just saying... a LOT more needs to be done, 2 million bucks to these guys is worth less than a penny is to us. Kinda messed up huh?

I'm assuming the whole idea of building these things in the first place was to actually SAVE money, it's an investment; I don't have any numbers in front of me or anything but I'm pretty sure it's a lot cheaper to take a ride in a bus than to fly in some super powered jet pumping tons of fuel left and right. Who knows...

A Boeing 747-400 has a max fuel capacity of 57,285 US gallons. (from www.boeing.com...)

The price for Jet A fuel the airlines pay is usually a negotiated volume discount price, however you can get Jet A prices for any airport to do a for a ball park figure here: www.airnav.com...

As of Feb 21, 2005 the price range for Jet A was $2.64 to $4.46, with an average cost of $3.26. Therefore ...

57,285g x $3.36= $186,749.10 (So in other words, 2 million = about 10 full tanks of jet fuel, for a Boeing 747 anyway - who knows how much Air Force One can hold at a time, or even what kind of fuel it uses.

Read more: How much does a full tank of fuel for a Boeing 747 cost? | Answerbag www.answerbag.com...

edit on 19-8-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

Well shoot, if $2M is no biggie, please just leave it in a black bag at the location of my choosing.

It's a big deal to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0vedas0
Guys.....seriously......he needs a private luxurious bus to think clearly. To think about important things, such as what blatant lies he can tell us next and expect us to believe. You can't do that on a grayhound bus......come tf on.

Well, has has to pay the caddy AND store the golf clubs. Priorities, people!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod

Originally posted by Indigo5

If you want ridiculous spending, how about the time I was sitting in the chow hall in Iraq eating some Grade D pot roast, and over the news we hear about President Obama's $200,000 Gingerbread House.

Even my OIC, who was an ardent supporter of Obama, looked at me and said "That's f'd up."
edit on 8/18/2011 by RedGod because: italics needed fixing

You must have been watching Fox News. The Gingerbread house that the WhiteHouse Chef created for Obama was no less extravagant than others....each Christmas the Whitehouse Chef makes a Gingerbread house...

See here for Whitehouse Gingerbread Houses through the years
eatingtheroad.wordpress.com...

So how was the $200k number arrived at? Sounds like FOX math to me.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Not sure about the newsies, it was a bit far back and on AFN. As for the price, no detail given on that, I'd imagine it includes material costs and what was charged by the baker to make it.

As for it being no less extravagant......I really don't care who has a gingerbread house made when that gingerbread house could buy my base at least Grade B meat for a few months, or buy a real house for a couple of homeless families just a few blocks from Penn Ave. I'm only specifically singling out the current prez because that's the one I saw.

Now, if they all whipped out there personal checkbooks for these houses, I'll go ahead and eat my words. But taxpayers buying the whitehouse staff a huge gingerbread replica of the white house while people are sleeping in the streets and I'm chewing gristle steak? I take issue with that.

First off...The Baker was the White House Chef. Secondly, the house wasn't made for the Obama's, it is made for the "White House" every year....by the White House Chef...tradition.

Now you can take issue with the tradition, call for it to be scrapped etc. Demand that the White House Chef no longer do it, but to use it as rhetorical tool about economic policy and attach it to Pres. Obama when every White House chef has done it for 50 years?...that is dishonest IMO.

And since it is a volounteer project with White House staff, Chefs, White House Carpenters, Electricians and Maintenance men chipping in in off hours....the 200K thing seems entirely BS.

Everyone from White House carpenters to plumbers to electricians lend their expertise to help make this project a success.

Weeks were spent planning out the details, studying James Hoban’s original architectural designs and blueprints, gathering ingredients and creating a time line.

www.whitehouse.gov...

No offense...I just hate BS.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

If you want ridiculous spending, how about the time I was sitting in the chow hall in Iraq eating some Grade D pot roast, and over the news we hear about President Obama's $200,000 Gingerbread House.

Even my OIC, who was an ardent supporter of Obama, looked at me and said "That's f'd up."

You must have been watching Fox News. The Gingerbread house that the WhiteHouse Chef created for Obama was no less extravagant than others....each Christmas the Whitehouse Chef makes a Gingerbread house...

See here for Whitehouse Gingerbread Houses through the years
eatingtheroad.wordpress.com...

So how was the $200k number arrived at? Sounds like FOX math to me.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Not sure about the newsies, it was a bit far back and on AFN. As for the price, no detail given on that, I'd imagine it includes material costs and what was charged by the baker to make it.

As for it being no less extravagant......I really don't care who has a gingerbread house made when that gingerbread house could buy my base at least Grade B meat for a few months, or buy a real house for a couple of homeless families just a few blocks from Penn Ave. I'm only specifically singling out the current prez because that's the one I saw.

Now, if they all whipped out there personal checkbooks for these houses, I'll go ahead and eat my words. But taxpayers buying the whitehouse staff a huge gingerbread replica of the white house while people are sleeping in the streets and I'm chewing gristle steak? I take issue with that.

First off...The Baker was the White House Chef. Secondly, the house wasn't made for the Obama's, it is made for the "White House" every year....by the White House Chef...tradition.

Now you can take issue with the tradition, call for it to be scrapped etc. Demand that the White House Chef no longer do it, but to use it as rhetorical tool about economic policy and attach it to Pres. Obama when every White House chef has done it for 50 years?...that is dishonest IMO.

And since it is a volounteer project with White House staff, Chefs, White House Carpenters, Electricians and Maintenance men chipping in in off hours....the 200K thing seems entirely BS.

Everyone from White House carpenters to plumbers to electricians lend their expertise to help make this project a success.

Weeks were spent planning out the details, studying James Hoban’s original architectural designs and blueprints, gathering ingredients and creating a time line.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Actually it's how their true problem with Obama peeps through. It wasn't a problem when all the other Presidents do the same thing....but soon as Obama does a tradition, "Ohhh MY GOD! He has a dog, how dare he have a dog! Oh my GOD...he had a gingerbread house made, Oh my God...he's out campaigning!"

They'll swear it's just his policies they hate...but how, he's a Republican?

Too afraid and politically correct to say what they want too...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
Wait.......

I thought poor people were only poor because they refuse to work?

You can't have it both ways, Conservatives.

What's that I hear? A liberal media talking point? Polly want a cracker?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Hey, maybe instead of volunteering for the military you should have volunteered to be president. We all make choices you know. Or do you think everyone deserves the same rewards no matter what choices they make in life?

Not to pick at you but this seems to be a trend lately of military people complaining about how it sucks to be in the military compared to being president. Yeah well duh. This is America. You want to be president, do it. You want to be in the military, do that. You want a $200,000 gingerbread house, go get one.

Yeah, I was little tired when I wrote that, so I didn't get to the point I was actually trying to make. I apologize for that.

I actually did expand into the territory I was initially shooting for a little later. That being that with social programs in the state they are in, why is taxpayer money going to this? I can understand state dinners that cost $700 a plate because people gotta eat, and these are the folks in charge. But come on here...200K to eat a replica of the white house while children starve and freeze just down the street?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

www.whitehouse.gov...

I didn't see anything about it being volunteer in there, but maybe I missed it. I get the point that it's a tradition that's been done by nearly every president, I mentioned Obama because A) He was the subject of this thread, and B) His gingerbread house was the one I saw. I wasn't singling him out because I don't like him (honestly, I don't care either way because it's congress that runs things, not him). The story I was referencing involved a news story about President Obama and the ginger bread house he was going to be eating.

Now, if you ask me, I don't think any president should get that sort of stuff. IMO, if the perks of the job were minimal (besides the obvious, like security), then the only people that would take the job would actually want to lead the country, not just focus on being in power. That's another conversation though.

Even if the price of the G-bread house was 50K, or 20, or 2, that could feed some of those starving folks down the street a while. The current administration isn't the only one at fault. I'll agree there.

Again, if the White House staff pooled their own cash, and not taxpayer, then I'm fine with it, and I'll apologize for every word.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

www.whitehouse.gov...

I didn't see anything about it being volunteer in there, but maybe I missed it. I get the point that it's a tradition that's been done by nearly every president, I mentioned Obama because A) He was the subject of this thread, and B) His gingerbread house was the one I saw. I wasn't singling him out because I don't like him (honestly, I don't care either way because it's congress that runs things, not him). The story I was referencing involved a news story about President Obama and the ginger bread house he was going to be eating.

Now, if you ask me, I don't think any president should get that sort of stuff. IMO, if the perks of the job were minimal (besides the obvious, like security), then the only people that would take the job would actually want to lead the country, not just focus on being in power. That's another conversation though.

Even if the price of the G-bread house was 50K, or 20, or 2, that could feed some of those starving folks down the street a while. The current administration isn't the only one at fault. I'll agree there.

Again, if the White House staff pooled their own cash, and not taxpayer, then I'm fine with it, and I'll apologize for every word.

So if everyone understands the below quote, where is the disconnect?

I wasn't singling him out because I don't like him (honestly, I don't care either way because it's congress that runs things, not him).

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

I'm afraid I'm not really sure what you're asking exactly. I ask that you be a bit patient with me. As a new father, I'm getting used to the not sleeping thing again and it's taking it's toll.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

HE IS CAMPAIGNING! THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL BUSINESS! He should have spend campaign dollars not taxpayer dollars.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by kro32

HE IS CAMPAIGNING! THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL BUSINESS! He should have spend campaign dollars not taxpayer dollars.

Another excellent point. Star 4U

The
DNC owes America for the price of his 2 buses!!!

edit on 19-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
After we take away the Bus, Airforce One, and Marine One, maybe we should take away the 5-star chefs and make the President eat Ramon Noodles/Beefaroni every night, then we will take away the comfy mattress with 800thread count sheets and we will move him to a sleeping bag.......People, please feel free to add to this list... Our president OBVIOUSLY doesnt deserve these nice services he is granted..... Oh yea, and while were at it, lets take away the $2k suits and lets have him shop at Route 66 for his wardrobe......

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
...make the President eat Ramon Noodles/Beefaroni every night, then we will take away the comfy mattress with 800thread count sheets and we will move him to a sleeping bag.......People, please feel free to add to this list... Our president OBVIOUSLY doesnt(sic) deserve these nice services ......

I believe that some Presidents deserve the accouterments that come with the fulfillment of the responsibilities of this office. However, Mr Obama does not.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by vexati0n
Wait.......

I thought poor people were only poor because they refuse to work?

You can't have it both ways, Conservatives.

What's that I hear? A liberal media talking point? Polly want a cracker?

How true

And now he and his wife take SEPARATE jets to Maratha's Vineyard

They disgust me so much! While over 2 Million Americans remain unemployed, he usurps his office, flaunts his insouciance toward his constituents, and becomes indignant when his accountability is questioned.
Mr Obama, you are a one term President.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

...make the President eat Ramon Noodles/Beefaroni every night, then we will take away the comfy mattress with 800thread count sheets and we will move him to a sleeping bag.......People, please feel free to add to this list... Our president OBVIOUSLY doesnt(sic) deserve these nice services ......

I believe that some Presidents deserve the accouterments that come with the fulfillment of the responsibilities of this office. However, Mr Obama does not.

Many Presidents have been disappointments in office and have done the same exact thing that Obama is doing, Bush for one comes to mind.... And its not like Obama ordered this bus himself, it was the secret service. And with a armored bus like this it makes their (secret service) job that much easier with protecting the president from assassination...You honestly cant compare unemployed people/homeless people to the safety of our president, its just an apples to oranges comparison and thats just the honest truth. The Presidents life IS more important than some homeless guy living on the street....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What is that? He's the president. Why shouldn't he get the same consideration as previous presidents? What about future presidents? Are you saying that what a president is entitled to is dependent on the actual person? Maybe you should just come out and say that if your skin has a certain level of dark pigment, you shouldn't get to ride around in a pretty bus. Because that's what I'm thinking that you're saying, but very poorly putting it behind a veil. What about women? Do female presidents get a bus? What about a black female president?

You're an American? Weird...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by DZAG Wright

I'm afraid I'm not really sure what you're asking exactly. I ask that you be a bit patient with me. As a new father, I'm getting used to the not sleeping thing again and it's taking it's toll.

Congrats. Been there twce myself in recent years. Sleep deprivation is considered torture by the UN for a reason...for our new babies, we do it volountarily. help mom out in the middle of the night anytime you can...for both your own sanity and hers

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Many Presidents have been disappointments in office and have done the same exact thing that Obama is doing, ....

So this action of him purchasing a foreign bus, rubbing this in the noses of Americans while touting that he is FOR making More American jobs, is OK
. All because other Presidents have done it to

Obama is a one term President.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Many Presidents have been disappointments in office and have done the same exact thing that Obama is doing, ....

So this action of him purchasing a foreign bus, rubbing this in the noses of Americans while touting that he is FOR making More American jobs, is OK

How exactly is he rubbing this in our noses? As an american, I dont feel like he is rubbing anything, let alone a bus, in my nose... He is the President, he is ALLOWED to have certain perks, when you're the President you will be given the same luxuries he is given.... Stop complaining about a NECESSARY $2 million dollar bus, his security is the #1 priority when he is out and about and its the secret services duty to protect our president... How do you not understand this?
edit on 19-8-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

How exactly is he rubbing this in our noses?

He could have easily chosen Marathon Coaches in Oregon ( which use only a Provost Chassis)

to build up his bus, then send it to the Hemphill brothers (I'm not kidding, that's the name of the company) for his additions. He then flaunts his rhetoric on "American jobs" while driving a Brand New 2 million dollar foreign bus. That is what I mean by "rubbing our noses in it."
I'm sure he has taken to quite a fancy in his Hemphill bus.

Mr Obama, your a one term President.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join