It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Obama, please Explain to These People why you Spent 2 Million on yourself!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

No wonder this Nation is in such horrible shape. We gave people like the nitwit who posted this the right to vote.

First, I KNOW you would never complain if a TeaBag president did this. Having said that, the leader of the free world travels in many ways. This is part of the Presidential fleet. I don't care if it is a conservative or liberal in there. There is nothing wrong with this. You wanna complain about tax dollars going to waste? Try all support for religious organizations, et al.

God you people lac fundamental reasoning skills.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by kro32

The odds of him getting shot at are slim to none....Plus the cost of bulletproof glass in a greyhound would be much cheaper.....If it drives down the road, it is a suspect to anything explosive....You can't tell me it's bombproof....Can you???? The truth is, there is nothing but the illusion of safety when it comes to the right people....You could make something for MUCH less money just as easily effective....

Yeah, totally... Just weld some steel plates over it and voila!

That's how AMURICANS DO IT!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well, at least you mentioned the Air Force One! imagine those starving mouths you could feed if you just sold that sucker at auction...

The president is so callous as to fly and drive around in comfort and security. Who does he think he is? He probably drove right by those people you put pictures of up and then laughed as he sipped his Cristal.

Cue the sappy piano music and harsh words. "Is this REALLY the guy who feels your pain? Vote for someone who FEELS your pain!"

I'm totally fine with him driving around in the Presmobile. He"s the president and probably has the most stressful job on the planet.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius

No wonder this Nation is in such horrible shape. We gave people like the nitwit who posted this the right to vote.

First, I KNOW you would never complain if a TeaBag president did this. Having said that, the leader of the free world travels in many ways. This is part of the Presidential fleet. I don't care if it is a conservative or liberal in there. There is nothing wrong with this. You wanna complain about tax dollars going to waste? Try all support for religious organizations, et al.

Actually, we look at you and think the same thing: You are too stupid to vote.

The difference between us is not breachable. I hate you. You hate me. It is what it is. We will never agree. You will never convince me and I will never convince you. You are my enemy.
edit on 18-8-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by Scytherius

Actually, we look at you and think the same thing: You are too stupid to vote.

The difference between us is not breachable. I hate you. You hate me. It is what it is. We will never agree. You will never convince me and I will never convince you. You are my enemy.
edit on 18-8-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

Both these posts seem incredibly ignorant to me. You would never hear me utter the phrase "You will never convince me of _____" because I have an open mind and am not arrogant enough to think I have all the answers. Given suitable evidence, and a rational, well thought out argument I could be persuaded to change my mind about any subject.

If your not here to challenge your viewpoint and come to a better understanding through discourse, why are you here? To tell people they are wrong and that you know better?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
He's the president you dipstick!

You don't have the president on a bicycle. It's called position and he holds a place of honour which you don't.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well if you know anything about custon buses that thing was an easy 5 mill. Just sayn. Maybe a mill before the mods

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Hello
It is amazing what people do to occupy their times. You worry about 2 million when none blinked when ole Donald rumsfeld said that the defense dept couldn't accruals for 2.7 trillion dollars just several days before 911 happened. It was mighty convenient when all the documents were destroyed in the pentagon and the towers. None mentioned any of that stuff. God bless America

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The fact that the secret service no longer feels conventional motorcoaches provide adequate security reflects the mood of the country, there is an obvious tension in the air.

I'm as unhappy as anyone when I see grandiose purchases with tax dollars, but upon more careful consideration I say this one, while I'm sure full of pork like any public funded project, could be argued as justified.

Should they have purchased an American made product? Of course, it was stupid in this economy to buy foreign.

I get the arguement that Air Force One projects dominance, it does. But could that arrogance be the root of our problems?

There was a recent pic of the U.S. Ambassador to China wearing a backpack and standing in line to buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks that went viral in China. They were in awe of a man with such power carrying his own bags and getting his own coffee, and they had nothing but good things to say about him.

Shouldn't that tell us something?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by RedGod
If you want ridiculous spending, how about the time I was sitting in the chow hall in Iraq eating some Grade D pot roast, and over the news we hear about President Obama's $200,000 Gingerbread House.

Even my OIC, who was an ardent supporter of Obama, looked at me and said "That's f'd up."
edit on 8/18/2011 by RedGod because: italics needed fixing

You must have been watching Fox News. The Gingerbread house that the WhiteHouse Chef created for Obama was no less extravagant than others....each Christmas the Whitehouse Chef makes a Gingerbread house...

See here for Whitehouse Gingerbread Houses through the years
eatingtheroad.wordpress.com...

So how was the $200k number arrived at? Sounds like FOX math to me.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Not sure about the newsies, it was a bit far back and on AFN. As for the price, no detail given on that, I'd imagine it includes material costs and what was charged by the baker to make it.

As for it being no less extravagant......I really don't care who has a gingerbread house made when that gingerbread house could buy my base at least Grade B meat for a few months, or buy a real house for a couple of homeless families just a few blocks from Penn Ave. I'm only specifically singling out the current prez because that's the one I saw.

Now, if they all whipped out there personal checkbooks for these houses, I'll go ahead and eat my words. But taxpayers buying the whitehouse staff a huge gingerbread replica of the white house while people are sleeping in the streets and I'm chewing gristle steak? I take issue with that.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by sageofmonticello

The new bus--a road version of Air Force One--was retrofitted by Hemphil Brothers Coach Company in Nashville, Tn., with the basic heavy duty shell purchased from Prevost, a divison of The Volvo group, a manufacturer of touring coaches with its corporate headquarters in Sainte-Claire, Quebec.

Prevost has a variety of U.S. operations, including a U.S. central order desk in Elgin, Ill., a city west of Chicago. In the U.S., Prevost also has parts and service centers in New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Tennesse and California.

Ed Donovan, a spokesman for the Secret Service, the agency ordering the bus, told me in a telephone interview that Prevost was selected because the model was the only one "to our knowledge that had the payload capacity, " to "handle the weight of the equipment we were going to put on it."

Hemphill Brothers used U.S. contractors and parts, Donovan said, for the security and communications equipment and other items on the two buses the agency purchased. "Everything that is retrofitted was done in the U.S.," he said.

The heavy duty motorcoach model was selected "based on our requirements to provide the most protection for the people who are going to use it."

blogs.suntimes.com...

I really wish people would look up facts before they speak, not just go with whatever propaganda you come by that sounds good to you.

Quoted For Truth. I'm going to quote this every page that this thread is active.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

This is too ridiculous to even bother with.

I'm not even going to entertain this.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
WHY NOT???? Give me a realistic answer as to what a 2 million dollar bus offers that a greyhound doesn't....Other than the obvious luxury components....

Bulletproof glass capable of stopping a high-power sniper round. Additional armor all over the body of the bus, including the bottom, for the purpose of protecting against mines or IEDs and RPGs. A more powerful engine capable of carrying around all of the additional weight from the armor and permitting greater maneuverability to escape an attack in heavy traffic. It most likely carries a sophisticated satellite based communication and tracking system for emergencies.

Numerous other safety and security details that are classified as well.
edit on 18-8-2011 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Totally disagree with you on this, a couple million dollars is peanuts compared to what the govt spends or wastes on a yearly basis. The security of the president is a necessary thing and at $2million is quite cheap compared to what they spend on Air Force One, Marine one, etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by miniatus
And from what I'm reading, Sarah Palin apparently uses one of these buses .. and she's a PRIVATE citizen and yet it's a taxpayer funded ride.. nobody is whining about that, oddly..

Don't change the subject of my thread! You don't even have the intellect to supply a link supporting your nefarious claim.
Mr Obama has squandered millions on his vacations, golf outings, and now more on this elaborate bus.
Calling him self centered would be like calling Adolf Hitler a depopulation activist.

Wow. There's an internet law regarding the inevitable analogy to Adolph Hitler in any discussion forum. The man represents an entire branch of government. If you were living in the 1960s, you'd be whining about Kennedy wasting too much taxpayer money on his limo with no roof. You do understand that several presidents have been assassinated in the past right? Lincoln, Garfield, Kennedy - dead, and Reagan was shot. Spending money on an armored bus seems like a small price v. another successful assassination. You realize that there are in fact two air force ones - one whole plane as a redundant backup..

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wait.......

I thought poor people were only poor because they refuse to work?

You can't have it both ways, Conservatives.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Those homeless, poor, and destitute people in the photos that started this thread were most likely homeless, poor and destitute under Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, and Reagan. The www.RushLimbaugh.com website did a good job of pointing this out today.
-cwm

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
Wait.......

I thought poor people were only poor because they refuse to work?

You can't have it both ways, Conservatives.

We CANT??? My two cents on this...Some dont want to work, some are unlucky, and some are just plain stupid.....
edit on 18-8-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Like somebody said earlier, the OP of this thread and many of the replies are "...full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." THE SECRET SERVICE ORDERED THE BUS ACCORDING TO THE SPECS THEY REQUIRED. PRESIDENT OBAMA DID NOT ORDER OR PURCHASE THE BUS.

If you have a problem with anything about the purchase of the bus, the price tag of the bus, the manufacturer and/or outfitter of the bus or any of the parts of the bus, the color of the bus, or the brand of toilet in the restroom of the bus, take it up with Mark J. Sullivan, the current director of the United States Secret Service. Here is a link to the earlier post in this thread by ShogunAssasins where he quotes from an article that details the manufacture and requisition of the bus by the U.S. Secret Service.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of the caterwauling about this bus and the finger pointing at Obama about it is biased and misdirected and is possibly a deliberate attempt to distract from the real problems we're facing. Like:

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE JOBS?????

Gawd what a bunch of bullcrap!

ETA: Oh, and by the way, at least we even know about the purchase of the bus and the accompanying price tag. Just think about all of the multi-million dollar expenditures we don't know about!

edit on 18-8-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I honestly chuckled at this, damn near every POTUS in the history has spent millions on themselves and you nit pick at this one? With all the issues going on right now this is where your primary focus lies? So much so that you have to make an entire thread and even post pictures aimed at "pulling at our heart strings"? This is some dirty propaganda if I have ever seen it, truly pathetic on your part.

Posting pictures with no explanation is the most dimwitted thing you can do when trying to get some kind of point across, many of us came from nothing and made something of ourselves (myself included), perhaps some of those homeless people should have worked harder and tried the same instead of looking for a hand out?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join