It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if a country printed money in another country for 10% of the current cost to print home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
We the US already "outsources" the printing to a non Governmental entity if people want to get picky about it. Still, they do hire Americans, but not many, it's basically an automated process.

Another good point. We do outsource in a sense, to a private company within the US. Not many people realize that the fed is owned by 12 private banks....That is actually kind of a disturbing thought to me...

All the money in the US belongs to 12 banks.....Makes me shudder to think who really controls us...

Okay, sorry, the conspiracy nut in me was starting to come out.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes a national currency card that has a running balance for each citizen. But then we would have alot of angry, unemployed, overpaid ,under qualified federal workers if we stopped printing money.

Maybe they could print debit cards instead?

Or that would kind of put us right back where we started..... Hmm...

Okay... That needs to be considered.... Who would print the cards? Why would we not be right where we are now?

And how much does it cost to print up cards for everyone Versus printing money?

That needs to be considered.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Outsourcing the physical printing of money would make no impact on the US Treasury. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing prints the Federal Reserve Notes and reimburse by the Federal Reserve for the cost of printing at approx $0.096 per note.

They do print a lot of notes though.. for FY 2010 here are the run counts

$1 - 1,856,000,000
$2 - N/A
$5 - 352,000,000
$10 - N/A
$20 - 2,265,600,000
$50 - N/A
$100 - 1,907,200,000

www.moneyfactory.gov...

The balance of the currency in the system is make believe in the sense that it only exists in a computer.

As for a lot of angry unemployed federal workers, there are only two print houses in the BEP... D.C., and Ft. Worth, TX for a total of 2200 employees approximately (in 2006)

wiki.answers.com...
edit on 8-17-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thank you for the data share. So do you think the domino effect of 1 super power falling and others following its actions is the only way a NWO pre set up. Or do you think this current global system is salvagable?
edit on 8/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I don't believe in globalism within a closed system (single planet type thing). I think it is set up to fail.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I know what you mean. In some ways even the best answers wont work if things are pre set to self destruct after times. SAD that this is how Earth is ran. Thanks again

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This may come as a shock to you all,but this IS being done.The West Australian Mint does print and mint many international currencies,including US.
I don't believe they even print anything Australian at all.A friend's son work's for the Australian Reserve Bank and we discussed this.I was not in the frame of mind to take much notice of the finer details.I didn't take much notice of conversation as the over all discussion turned me off.I will see his father on the weekend and dig a little deeper.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join