It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if a country printed money in another country for 10% of the current cost to print home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was just wondering
This will be a more less replies thread as 1 was wondering is it possible to print money in a location outside the money homeland where the cost are only 10% of current printing cost... Also could some benefits be made for the printing country as well?

ATS??
edit on 8/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Outsourcing the printing of currency. What a novel idea! Guess they could just print some out for themselves as payment.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yes outsourcing, and the poor nation to do it in can get a percentage of the money saved to build up itself..

Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would search for the Picard face palm image and upload it to ATS and then link to it here but then that seems like a lot of work so I'll just mention it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Just asking my friend. It just came to mind. And I like that face palm
as I am a trekkie

thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The offset of outsourcing the actual overhead costs of printing money would be negligible IMO.
Get spending under control. Proper fiscal management of real income while thinking realistically and rationally would be better...
edit on 17-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

You can borrow mine

But seriously though..... No..... No out sourcing the printing of our money....

In fact,how about no more outsourcing of jobs,period....

Outsourcing of Jobs..... Why I don't like NAFTA. It is hurting our economy and helping others...Just kind of dumb to do.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The offset of outsourcing the actual overhead costs of printing money would be negligible IMO.
Get spending under control. Slow expenditures and think rationally would be better...

I am just not crazy about the idea of sending even more jobs over seas.... Our economy is hurt enough.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How about eliminating physical currency altogether? If everything went electronic, it would be just a numbers game.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

LOL @ the face palm making it in the thread... But they could just rent the land from another country and send their natives to work there. So not really outsourcing as it is just playing the 3d money games that seem to drive Inhabitants of earth...

link   
Outsourcing the printing of our money is just so ironic that it made me smile . It would not surprise me much.

link   

Hmm, I don't know... Currency seems fake enough considering the only thing our dollar is valued upon is our faith in the stock market....

If we use imaginary money that finds it's value in the faith of our stock market.....

It just seems kind of weird.

But...Some how I like it better than outsourcing...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
How about eliminating physical currency altogether? If everything went electronic, it would be just a numbers game.

1 would prefer a share system with a built in data base that ALL on earth can access to see what EACH nation needs to RISE financially -educationally -politically... 1 land mass may have more meds another more metals and alloys another more educational books that can be passed saving in books cost..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

LOL @ the face palm making it in the thread... But they could just rent the land from another country and send their natives to work there. So not really outsourcing as it is just playing the 3d money games that seem to drive Inhabitants of earth...

glad you like it. I actually like the thread.I just happened to have the face/palm pic, so I figured, why not?

I am not sure I understand what you mean. rent the land and then have the natives of that land work there? How is that not outsourcing? We would still be paying people from another country to do a job that we could do ourselves.

Or is that what you mean? sorry, not sure I understand.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

there is a certain level of comfort having actually money in your pocket. That being said, I find myself dealing with bank numbers much more than with real money lately. Direct deposit of paycheck, debit card on food and gas purchases, even check writing is not actually handling money.

I really don't think it would be a great leap for many people at this time.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I am not sure I understand what you mean. rent the land and then have the natives of that land work there? How is that not outsourcing? We would still be paying people from another country to do a job that we could do ourselves.

Rent the land keeping the land mass owners in posession of the land they make money from rent... Send in the money makers natives if Americanaz send in Americanaz workers (taxes from wages also go back to home land a % to land mass of printing location), native to the land the money is from or for... Sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You know you do make a good point... I don't touch cash that much anymore...I touch plastic.A debit card.

I also do direct deposit and all that to..... It really would not be that much of a stretch....

So, in a sense, just make plastic the new currency?

edit on 17-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We the US already "outsources" the printing to a non Governmental entity if people want to get picky about it. Still, they do hire Americans, but not many, it's basically an automated process.
edit on 17-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Rent the land keeping the land mass owners in posession of the land they make money from rent... Send in the money makers natives if Americanaz send in Americanaz workers (taxes also go back to home land), native to the land the money is from or for... Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh, that's ok. Thanks for clarifying.

I have to admit, I am kind of liking this other guys idea a bit at the moment....It almost seems....easy.

Is it possible or plausible though?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes a national currency card that has a running balance for each citizen. But then we would have alot of angry, unemployed, overpaid ,under qualified federal workers if we stopped printing money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join