It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 New Crimes Tied to 'Fast and Furious' Guns! (& D.O.J. tried to thwart Congress's Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Eleven new violent crimes involving guns bought under the controversial Fast and Furious weapon-running scheme have been identified by the Justice Department. And Kenneth Melson, the acting head of the Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco and Explosives (ATF) likely knew about the program more than a year earlier than he has previously acknowledged, assistant attorney general Ronald Weich told two leading senators.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/502040da20b9.jpg[/atsimg]

The new revelations, reported by the Los Angeles Times, are sure to reignite the controversy surrounding the operation in which ATF officers were told not to intercept semi-automatic weapons that they knew would end up in the hands of Mexican drug cartel leaders.

The department now knows of 11 instances beyond Terry’s killing, where a Fast and Furious weapon “was recovered in connection with a crime of violence in the United States.” The Times says 40 of the firearms were recovered at one crime scene in El Paso, Texas, and 17 more at five other scenes in Arizona.

Weich said Melson “likely became aware of” Fast and Furious on December 9, 2009, as part of a briefing following a seizure of weapons in Douglas, Ariz. Melson had said he did not know about it until January this year. Early this summer, when Melson was under pressure to resign, he took the extraordinary step of giving a secret deposition in which he claimed the DoJ was pressuring his agency into not cooperating with Congress’s investigation into the program.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c721425538f9.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: www.newsmax.com...

Well, more and more comes out. IF this isn't the end of Eric Holder at the Justice Department, than nothing is.
Also, OBAMA better do something to Holder and the others quick like or this will be he downfall, if it isn't already.

What A--H---es! I can't believe they knowingly and willing gave high impact weapons to DRUG GANGS> They (Holder and others) need to be arrested ASAP to preserve any additonal evidence.

What needs to happen is the Law Enforcement Comunity needs to Stand Up and make their voices heard. It is their lives on the front line of the War with Drugs and Illegals.

And, by the way, Arizona WAS RIGHT. They should have an easy time with their court cases now. And, NO wondern Holder/Obama are suing States that are attempting to stem the influx of illegals from Mexico. They want to ensure even MORE SAFE PASSAGE for these criminals that got the weapons.

Another question than many aren't asking. How in the Hell did they get the weapons back into the USA? Was I.N.S involved also?

Now, the cover up. We now know (and Congress knows) that the DOJ attempted to have witnesses not tell the truth at any Congressional hearings. WTF? Can we PLEASE start cleaning house Mr. Obama-starting with yourself. What a DISGRACE you and your DOJ leaders are!! Please go on vacation AND DON'T COME BACK.

And, lets not forget about Ms. Homeland Security.... we are safer.... please. Arrest her too.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fa51a151697.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just wrote to the National Police Fraternal Order of Police and to Officer.com website to inquire why they aren't making their voices heard on this matter.

I feel if they don't stand up and protest Holder/DOJ than they are not better than the ones who handed the guns to the Bad guys.

I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Flag and star for you! BIG ones.

If Holder doesn't go to jail over this, I'm gonna be pissed. Then again, the ATF got away with murdering 82 people at Waco. Those poor people weren't going anywhere, they were completely surrounded. It was only a matter of waiting for them to run out of supplies. 82 innocent men, women, and children died, along with 4 field agents who were just doing their job and not at all to blame; the problem lies in the command structure of the ATF.

They don't care about the lives of innocent people, whether it was at Waco or on the streets where these weapons are found today. The ATF is a rogue agency that needs to be disbanded. The FBI can do a fine job catching interstate smugglers of alcohol and tobacco, the Secret Service can go after the money generated by those illegal activities, and firearm laws are best enforced by an agency that doesn't want to take a giant dump on the 2nd Amendment.

Just get rid of it before they end up killing more innocent people with their cockamamie plans.
edit on 8/17/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yes, good point on WACO. Thank you for reminding us about that. And, of course, Ruby Ridge....

I can't believe what our county has become... or maybe it should be... I can't believe we are all living like this. In fear of our Police/Law Enforcement.

But, as you can see by the lack of responses that this is all falling on Deaf ears.

As I have been saying... reminds me of the Titanic going down... "And the Band Played On..." (of course the USA is the Titanic...)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f656538a14ee.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Like I said....

And the band played on.

It's a shame when more people/members react to a fabricated matter or a say nothing hit piece (like on Palin-who is a private citizen and can't really do anything damaging, except speak).

This is major stuff here. At least one law enforcement officer dead and all the rest we Don't know about.

AND the top cop-Holder, trying to thwart a Congression investigation.

"Nothing here.... move along..." God help us all.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm simply aghast at the lack of replies in this thread. People, the Top Dogs in your federal law enforcement agencies are corrupt! Say something about it, or when they come for you (and they will,) or if you or a loved one is killed by the weapons they put directly into the hands of bloodthirsty criminals, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

Someone need to start a petition to have Holder fired.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Nothing will happen to Holder. Watch and learn how the elite live under a set of rules not afforded to the zombies of the united states

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Oh, something will happen to him. Eventually. But, not under the current administration. I'll take his resignation in a heart beat.

I want to say anybody would be better but with Obama... who knows what kind of replacement he would put in.

NOTE: I have NOT heard back from either the National Fraternal Order of Police or Officer.Com.... probably won't.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
and lets not forget

ATF Promotes Federal Gun Runners

This issue needs to get a lot more attention even in ATS. This is government at its worst caught red handed. We can not let this drop.

top topics

join