It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberation only exists in your imagination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Liberation only exists in your imagination.

There is no such thing as Liberation.
There is only realization.
Can consciousness escape from itself?
Can you escape from what is experienced?

Liberation is simply an illusion.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's true, liberation only exists in the imagination.

We will only truely be free when we dream or die.

But its not to say you can't manifest your dreams into reality. With enough effort and willpower, as long as its possible, it can be achieved.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

Very few people can recall their horrific accidents. Did they experience them or did they deny experience and only endured them? In that case you can't escape experienceD but you can withhold experience.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Whoever said Liberation was about escape?
Whatever has gotten into your minds that one must deny in order to be free?

To attain freedom, one must not deny nor surrender...
give everything its place. Let it be.
Look, it's about being flexible...knowing the true flow and going with it...
but also having the humility enough to admit that we, too, are impermanent.

Remember: the whole is always greater than the sum of its parts...
and that we need to remind ourselves to pay attention to the process as well as the outcome...
and when they say 'emptiness,' it's what we would call 'formlessness' or potential.

Nothing Exists

Yamaoka Tesshu, as a young student of Zen, visited one master after another. He called upon Dokuon of Shokoku.

Desiring to show his attainment, he said: "The mind, Buddha, and sentient beings, after all, do not exist. The true nature of phenomena is emptiness. There is no realization, no delusion, no sage, no mediocrity. There is no giving and nothing to be received."

Dokuon, who was smoking quietly, said nothing. Suddenly he whacked Yamaoka with his bamboo pipe. This made the youth quite angry.

"If nothing exists," inquired Dokuon, "where did this anger come from?"

edit on 8/17/11 by onenotsaved because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/11 by onenotsaved because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Far from it, but on THIS level... With the artificial mind matrix and all, that's a valid observation.

I feel freedom begin to emanate through my entire being profoundly. It comes from the heart.

Words can't describe it, this state of glorified union with the higher self, but those who have experienced it shall understand the synchronicity that begins to flow in experience. Many others are making this connection in preparation for the next level of our evolution, along with the Earth Mother. It only grows stronger.

Limitation is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

Forget about the past. Right now, in the present moment, can you escape what is experienced?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If it exists only in your imagination, then it exists.

Some might say that consciousness is a product of the brain and therefore death is liberation.

Personally, I like to think that consciousness exists beyond the brain. And truly, even taking into account the theory that it exists only in the brain, it still exists outside of your own. For example, I have consciousness, and so do you. So your consciousness is the consciousness that is existing outside my own brain.

I see sentient intelligence all around me. I know that the only thing separating us is my belief of being separate. So who says consciousness is individually bound? We all occupy the same space. Just because my consciousness is only aware of myself for the duration of my experience doesn't necessarily mean that I am separate from the experience.

There are two things in creation. There is the experience and the experiencer. There is only a very small portion of the universe that determines that I am the experiencer and it exists in a 6" x 5'' space at the top of my neck. And the only one who thinks I am the experiencer is me. To the rest of the universe, I am an experience. So the question is, am I an experiencer or an experience?

Liberation does only exist within your brain, but so does everything else. Perhaps liberation is the realization that the experience and the experiencer are one and that it is all relative.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by onenotsaved

Can you liberate yourself from what is experienced?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

What is experienced is the past
what is experiencing is the present.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
what is experienced is a interpretation as we cannot perceive the whole, that is why we always have different experiences even if we undergo the same process, so what is it. can't escape experience or can't escape interpretation?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yes but this can be flipped.

There is no such thing as realization.
There is only liberation.
Who makes the realization?
Who realizes the experience?

Realization is simply an illusion.

"Liberation is our very nature. We are that. The very fact that we wish for liberation shows that freedom from all bondage is our real nature". - Ramana Maharshi
edit on 17-8-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I am reminded of a scene in the movie Slaughterhouse 5 when Billy finds himself yet again under the dome floating in space. He is home again and free from the hate and war.

A prisoner in a gilded cage? Perhaps, but remember, liberation is only an illusion. Happiness is real.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by onenotsaved
To attain freedom, one must not deny nor surrender...

Nobody is bound, so there's no freedom to attain.
It's only your imagination.

edit on 17-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
"Liberation is our very nature. We are that. The very fact that we wish for liberation shows that freedom from all bondage is our real nature". - Ramana Maharshi

It reminds me a friend of mine. He has read a book about consciousness (a huge brick of approximately 500 pages) and after, he told me: you know, consciousness is this and that but not this and that... so I said to him: you don't get it. You ARE that so you don't need to rely on someone else to realize what It is or blndly repeat what others told you about it.

There's no such thing as bondage. You just didn't realize it yet.

edit on 17-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

It is liberation from the false self. It is the realization of oneness. Awakening to your true nature. Liberation from the world (of things).

edit on 17-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
All 'things' are made of thought.
All there is is 'this'. This present now moment, can we call now a thought? Is now made of thought? No, it takes no thought to expeience now, in fact try not to have now, make it stop, you can't. Everything besides this, is made of thought, imagination, image making. We draw imaginary borders and edges around 'things' and separate it into bits and label them. We think we are one of the bits and try to fit in with the other bits.
But now comes whole in one lump, the unified field of now. Can we be separate from now? No never.
It is imagination that makes us think otherwise. You imagine that you are this or that, when you are not. You imagine tomorrow and yesterday and all your problems. When all there ever is is this moment. How big a problem can anybody have in this one moment of now?
Being liberated from mind made suffering is not imagination.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Can you liberate yourself from what is experienced?

Sorry for the delay in my reply!

Like most faulty ideas, the problem lies not in the logic but in the premise.
Our respective pasts make us who we are and there is no escaping that.

But in being aware of what has passed that makes us who we are allows us then to consciously chose to continue being it or not. Like all things, it begins with awareness. And the point of 'liberation' is to be consciously aware so that we can then make as much of a conscious choice about it as we can.
So, yeah, you can be liberated from what is experienced.

I think a key thing that is often misunderstood is that these ideas of liberation and enlightenment and all that are not a finish line. You don't just get there and then everything falls magically into place...it's a perspective, a frame of mind, a way of being...and so it's a lifelong process.
Because it's just that: a process.

And being focused solely, or even mostly, on goals is self-defeating.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Logically you are not your past. You are your past if you have built an image of 'yourself', but what if you don't build an image of yourself? Do not build images of 'me'. What are you now?
Looking at the past in the present will recreate the past. Look at 'now' fresh and new.
Liberation is liberation of a trapped mind. The mind is trapped in the cycle of fear and desire, escape and need, it fills the body with pain.
There is freedom from this.
The imagination is the mind, distracting, refracting liberation.

Being focused on goals is self (the built image) sustaining, however that self is not liberated.
Pure experience is liberation, there's no escaping that.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Liberation has different meaning under different circumstances. As somebody pointed out there is no freedom to attain. Wrong. As long as one is bounded to false sense of security(finance, material wealth) he is not liberated. Liberation is in the mind because the mind can do wonders. Only a minute it takes for a man to realize most of what we do is pure nonsense and irrelevant. That split second is what separates man from liberation.

So yes liberation exists in our mind. But reality as we perceive is imaginary. What is true is the self and its nature is to be liberated at all costs.
edit on 1-12-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

top topics

join