It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shoots down comet Elenin doom and gloom predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

NASA shoots down comet Elenin doom and gloom predictions

www.networkworld.com

The comet Elenin which will pass by Earth October 16 has generated such an inordinate amount of doomsday reports from a number of different sources that NASA today issued a release meant to address a variety of them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well maybe the hysteria is at an end? I think not, even with this... could you trust what NASA is saying? They do seem to be making some good points and I feel sold on what they are saying...

I have always been a bit suspicious about the "Brown Dwarf" theory for exactly the reasons outlined by NASA - ie an object so huge in mass would have a noticeable effect on our solar system.

I like this quote:

"It will have an immeasurably minuscule influence on our planet. By comparison, my subcompact automobile exerts a greater influence on the ocean's tides than comet Elenin ever will."

lets see what happens in October!

www.networkworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-8-2011 by ParAvion because: grammer

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Opps seems someone beat me to it - please post replies here: Correct Thread

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh, thank God for NASA.

Because, you know, NASA has always been so up front with us in the past. And they are, of course, my "go-to" source for anything I want answered swiftly and honestly.

In fact, anything the agency utters I take as gospel. All my worries are dispelled when NASA utters the truth.

I'm going to sleep better now, knowing I am safe in the hands of a government agency.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The time when there may be some effect is when it reaches its perihelion, for unlike what they're telling, we're in Universe Electric, EU, and comets carry a charge. They interact with the sun. And that in turn interacts with us. If anything happens it will be slight of hand, a false flag, for the perihelion is on the 10th anniversary of 9/11, give or take a few hours. And the comet is named 9/11.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Worrying about elenin is stupid

If it hits us, we're all dead

Worry about what you can control. Your lives will be less stressful

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Didn't NASA do the same thing for Hale-Bopp?

I can't think of any other examples, but I don't think this is the first time NASA has stepped up to the microphone to soothe the masses in regards to a dooms-day scenario.

I might be wrong.

link   

Originally posted by ParAvion
Opps seems someone beat me to it - please post replies here: Correct Thread

Sorry, but it does look like you were behind by 29 minutes.

As suggested, let's please continue discussion in the other thread.

Thanks.

link   
Nasa have been shooting the nonsense down from day 1, its just that some people find
the plain truth too boring and would rather excite themselves with fantasy and pseudoscientific
claptrap.

new topics

top topics

join