It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Contact - A Matter Of Timing, Local, Scale and Interest ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
1st of all I`d like to ask you to please excuse my bad english. I`ll try to make myself understand.

I also wish to say that I`ve never seen an UFO and I`m not trying to deny its existence nor the opposite.

Reading threads like this - Actual Size Of The Universe - always makes me wonder and post the following considerations:

- If we don`t believe that time travel is possible (well, at least the kind of time travel we see in movies such as "back to the future"), we will never get to meet someone that has lived +200 years ago, nor we`ll meet someone that will live in +200 years from now (unless science finds a way to allow the human body live longer). By the same principle, we`ll never have contact with alien civilizations that existed in the past and for some reason got exctintcted nor we`ll have contact with future alien civilazations that will exist after the human race and earth get exctinct. So, physical contact with aliens require co-existence in the same time.

- 1000 years ago, there were humans in the several continents living at the same time. However, they had no technology to allow contact betwen them. The same way, there might be alien civilizations co-existing at the same time but so far away from earth that contact can`t be made coz they, like us, are still so "primitive" that have no technology to do it.

- Now here comes the scale: Threads such as the one I mentioned above makes us wonder on the size of beings from other planets. Why do people always tend to think aliens are humanoid shape and similar size than us ? ...what if there are beings as big as the earth or as small as a pixel ? ...what if those beings are much developed than us and are are capable of visiting us ? ...what would be their interest in our planet and/or our race ? .....our resources ? ...maybe for the tiny ones our resources would be fabulous but we wouldn`t even notice they were here

- Now, let`s consider there is an alien civilization that co-exist at the same time than us, have a similar size and have the technology to travel here and contact us. What would be their interest on the planet earth or us ? ...I mean, if they are capable to travel here they are also capable to go to other planets with much more resources than ours. They are also capable to contact other civilizations much more complex than ours. So what would be their interest in coming here ?

Your thoughts please....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm not too worried about another civilization coming to earth for the resources. All the metals, liquids, and gasses on earth are abundant in the universe..why would an alien civilization bother with earth when the can dismantle a comet, astroid, or a moon? So I don't think bad aliens will ever invade us for the resources.

There was a cartoon I'll try to find about first contact. It showed a scientist looking thru a microscope and seeing an alien holding a sign that reads 'take me to your leader', so commonly held conceptions about the likely size of another civilization needs to challenged.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

There interest would most defiantly be us(slaves)ect..as we are the only unique resource this planet has or our planet could be strategically positioned due a war between two races or the same race

edit on 17-8-2011 by battl3star because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by battl3star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Agree. The Earth is just a tiny sand particle of the cosmic beach.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by battl3star

Slave us ? ...what would a civilization with such a developed technology need slaves for ? .....Even us, the humans, have already replaced the animals, that used to help in the farms, by machines.
edit on 17-8-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Hi interesting thoughts
I thought you might enjoy this thread that attempts to cover Alien Intentions
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regarding Aliens and the scale of the universe, I do find it fascinating how often the ETs in popular mythology so closely resemble humans. I am sure that there are many reasons for this some probably as simple as costume limitations within the entertainment business. What really makes me wonder though are the supposed actual ET sightings of Alien Humanoids, why are the most often so similar to us? It is a very fair question and one that could only be answered by real objective research into the matter.

Let us all hope that new discoveries will gradually replace scorn with interest so that eventually real answers mat be found.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Very simply, All life is precious. They would come to learn and to share. Primative though we may be in comparison to them we are still self aware creatures and that makes us interesting and worth knowing about. Look at all the different life forms just on our planet. We are the only ones who are aware and aware that we are aware. It makes us special.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Right-o. A technological civilization would have no need for slave labor. Slavery, exploitation and war are characteristics of a civilization locked in a pattern of lack. If they can travel the distance to get here they have the ability to create anything they need and want. No need for exploitation or war.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by AQ6666

Hi interesting thoughts

Regarding Aliens and the scale of the universe, I do find it fascinating how often the ETs in popular mythology so closely resemble humans. I am sure that there are many reasons for this some probably as simple as costume limitations within the entertainment business. What really makes me wonder though are the supposed actual ET sightings of Alien Humanoids, why are the most often so similar to us? It is a very fair question and one that could only be answered by real objective research into the matter.

Let us all hope that new discoveries will gradually replace scorn with interest so that eventually real answers mat be found.

It seems to be the norm on this planet at least for equilateral development. One head, two arms, two legs. Or 4 legs or two wings and two legs. Until you get the the lesser classes of life forms where multiple legs and eyes and such make up for the lesser brain power. It makes sense if life developes the same way elsewhere. We have no reason to believe that it does not since the make up of the universe seems to favor repeating patterns. Multiple planets, multiple stars, multiple galaxies. The chemical make up is repeated over and over so as a matter of logic it seems that this would be a correct assumption. Or we're just so vain that we think we're the cats pajamas and every intelligent life form should look like us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I hear your point, that is a possibility. There is also panspermia which might help to explain some parallels. For me in regards to life on our own planet we are too closely related to draw conclusions about efficiency in evolution to declare our form obligatory.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by AQ6666

Hi interesting thoughts

You know,there is something i thought about lately. Maybe those famous "Grays" aren´t ET´s...

Let me explain:
For those who know what is really going on around them, i.e. The State of the (broken) Worlds Economy,the slow but steady destruction of the Planet we live on,the many Ways we could kill and poison our entire Race,and the many dangerous things racing trough the Universe that could wipe us out in a blink of an Eye.

Now what has that to do with this so called Aliens you may ask?

Simple, Evolution.Our Race,the Homo sapiens evolved from the apes (if that is accurate,there is still the missing link),due to ever changing Climates and our evolving Intelligence.

Maybe we evolved further due to a Catastrophe,a worsening Climate or something else,into those "Grays". For People who know a little about the ET´s and our recent Past,also know that they were appearing in greater Numbers in both World Wars,or if something Big is about to go down,something which could change our History.

Here it gets a little complicated,and i have to get a little Off-Topic,sorry for that

Now,if Time Travel were possible,who is to say they aren´t here to change our History in a Way,so that what happened in their Timeline,can´t happen in another? This is a Time Paradox,i know. If they change things,they wouldn´t exist,and could therefore not change things to make them non-existant. But Time isn´t moving on a single String,if something changes the original Timeline,a second String is created parallel to the first,just with a different Timeline due to a small difference.

There may be here,in our Timeline,to change things for the better,so that we don´t have to go trough the same,which seems to be a horrible Life,if they dare to challenge Lady Time and Space in the Way they seem to do.

But here is another Theory that just popped into my Mind. And this involves again this one simple Fact: Evolution. It has a little to do with the "Ancient Astronaut" Theory. I suggest for the People who don´t know about it,to read into it a little,to understand what im reffering to.

Imagine that the Homo Sapiens was created (genetically),and steered in a certain Direction. It is no secret that the Homo Sapiens grew rapidly to to our fast growing Intelligence (which is a Gene only we have,and Scientists can´t really explain where it came from,as far as i know)

Now imagine a parallel Timeline, where this all didn´t happen. We grew up naturally,our Brain needed more Time to grow and reach the Intelligence to create Civilisations. They needed more Time to evolve than we did in our Timeline.

Here are now the Main Points:

Why do they look so much different than us,you may ask? That is simple,because something happened to our Planet,something which changed the way they evolved.

Now it gets a little complicated again,because it involves the Time Paradox at its best:

The "Greys" are basically the "Original Humans". They are the Species which evolved first,and changed so much due to slower Growth and a Planet where its Habitat is vastly different to the one we currently have.

Something happened (think back to the beginning of my Post),or should i say,will happen ,that forced them to do what they did,namely the creation of the Homo Sapiens with its fast growing Intelligence.

My guess is,that the "Original Humans" are either dying out,or they created us in hopes that we prevent something which vastly altered they´re own past,and in the same Context,would create Havoc in our own Future.

Something to think about

To answer the OP Question (what was it again...
):

That a tough Question. One,the Universe is too big for it to not have more than one Intelligent Lifeform. I believe there are Millions,if not Billions, of other Civilsations out there. On the other Hand,the Universe is so big,that the Chance,that two Civilisations meet each other,is rather small. At least to our current understanding;

"That what we see in the vast Universe,is already Millions,or Billions of Years older than us"

The Distance between Stars is too great for two similiar advanced Civilsations to meet without one beeing dying out or advancing further before the other one gets there.

If there is a way,than we didn´t find it yet. And i hope we never do,because of the Way we as a Race behave right now...Thats another Reason why i doubt anyone is gonna contact us anytime soon. We have to grow up first.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

taking greys at face value I would say you are unto something with that. I have thought along the same lines myself. Eventually I wind up back to no one knows though it is fascinating to consider

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Shenon

taking greys at face value I would say you are unto something with that. I have thought along the same lines myself. Eventually I wind up back to no one knows though it is fascinating to consider

There are other things which point in that Direction (which is already hard to grasp as it is,i think).

TPTB are destroying the Lifes of Future Generations,and don´t seem to care about it. Why is that? Maybe they found the History of our Planet in a crashed Ship. This would mean,that whatever happened to the "Grays" in the past,which forced them to change the Timeline,is our Future. And the Elite know what it is. Thats why they don´t care what happens in the Future.

Thats a Question i ask myself alot lately. Why do we destroy the Future of our Children?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666
...Why do people always tend to think aliens are humanoid shape and similar size than us ? ...what if there are beings as big as the earth or as small as a pixel?

Your thoughts please....

My thoughts? I think that was a pretty brilliant question. Neither micro or macro can be ruled out.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Possibly! The ETs may have outlawed AI and we are the closest thay can get to a useful tool.l that has the ability to improvise and do complex problem solving.at the end day we will probably never know in our life time.if we do all I'm saying is project blue beam

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
For one, we're kind of looking for aliens who are like us, because at the moment, they'd be the only ones we'd have a chance of communicating with. We don't know how to communicate with crystals or lumps of mud, no matter how smart they may be. We can barely communicate with each other. So we want to find critters that share our own perception of reality, and to do that, they'd probably look and act a lot like us. It would be an evolutionary longshot, but what isn't?

As for the timing, any aliens who are any more than probably 10,000 years older or younger than us would be hard to connect with, too. Humanity itself is unlikely to last more than 5,000 years more, what with our ability to modify ourselves at will by fiddling with our genetics, and our soon to come creation of artificial intelligent life. We just won't last. And even if we stayed kind of the same, our technology is already shifting away from radio broadcasts to cable transmission, and from analog to digital, which is pretty hard to decode without the right keys. We're going radio silent. Aliens might, also. And it might be a good idea. A predatory alien species might easily track radio signals. To them, it would be be like a big light reading: COME AND GET US!

So you're right. With the universe so incredibly huge, the chance of life happeningso incredibly small (probably), and with other possibilities such as "aliens" not quite existing in our conception of reality, the odds of us finding, much less communicating with beings like us are likely so extremely small as to be realistically impossible.

But it doesn't hurt to look. We have the time and resources. And hey, we beat the odds so far by existing and evolving. Maybe there are other lucky creatures out there, too. Also, there may be some unknown factor that we can't measure that makes the possibility of contact with aliens inevitable, rather than impossible. Hard to say.

So far, though, it looks like we are the only planet with living things in the universe. Does that make life more precious, or does it make it worthless?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666
reply to post by Stovokor

Agree. The Earth is just a tiny sand particle of the cosmic beach.

hilariously pessimistic thinking. it's not "just a" tiny particle but a jewel in the crown.

the universe may be infinite and out of our reach for the time being, but that may not be the case for others, in their eyes it could be miniscule in comparison. galactic travel could be child's play for them and they're thinking universal travel. perhaps they have computer systems so powerful they can map entire galaxies, and that we are mapped already and probes are in the process of investigating us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by AQ6666

Hi interesting thoughts

Thx for let me know about the Aliens Intentions thread
...I too posted there. Yeah, this is a fascinating subject indeed. Let`s hope we can have more objective answers soon.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by AQ6666

Very simply, All life is precious. They would come to learn and to share. Primative though we may be in comparison to them we are still self aware creatures and that makes us interesting and worth knowing about. Look at all the different life forms just on our planet. We are the only ones who are aware and aware that we are aware. It makes us special.

Agree. Maybe they would come here to learn, share and also teach us. Maybe with Scientifc purposes or to help/warn us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Interesting thoughts. Thx for sharing

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join