It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Escape Plan For When the SHTF?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
to add -What if a powderery substance is released into the air that when it contacts metals or alloys it fuses to them causing all mechanical failure of mechanized parts like FIREARMS. This substance would embedd inside the chambers of all weapons especially if its charged like MARS dirt.. Just a what if to FORCE deeper thinking..
edit on 8/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

No deviant label from 1
. Just adding to the survival brainstorm..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Interesting theory, very good promotion of mission critical thinking.

If so it's hiking on foot, and knives/blunt objects and tazers.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes hand to hand/GENETIC STRENGTH---

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

What Is Your Escape Plan For When the SHTF

It depends. How much 'S' is H'ing T F?

It's a relevant question because 'S' comes in a lot of different load weights. Like, a full bucket of 'S' may really mess up a day or maybe a week, but a dump truck H'ing T F can serious F-up your life.

Personally, I expect that when the SHTF, it's gonna be a humongous supply and we'll all have S to our earballs. In this case, I plan to go down to the basement and crack that small keg of Sailor Jerry's so that when the S arrives, I won't feel a GD thing!

After that, we'll either fall back on all the canned goods and such, holding on with sandbags (that will need filling) and various fire arms to train looters where not to loot... or simply hold each other tight and kiss the others A goodbye.

Chikkerzoom!

edit on 17-8-2011 by redoubt because: typos

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Most of my family live within a mile of each other..we meet at my brothers house and grab a few campers and boats we have..form a caravan with all the supplies we have combined and make it to southern Illinois ( 1 hr drive) where my sister has pigs, goats, and chickens..and 50 acres on a lake..we have plenty of weapons and ammo..we form a perimeter around her property and wait it out.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Five minute drive away from this..

Ok it might take me a while to reach the peak without the aid of a friendly chopper, but I'll have a few bottles of wine and some weed, Godspeed You! Black Emperor on the iPod, the time will fly in

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You're Yaht will actually turn out to be a rubber dinghy, and your rubber dinghy would end up stuck in some weeds a mile down coast.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Out of range of weapons is our minimum safe distance; 1 to 2 miles from the coast at best.

In the event of a pole shift, you would be right though.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Locate horses many of them for transportation START MODERN WAGON TRAINS if vehicles work switch horses for 18 wheelers and fill each one with ammo-watertanker- meds-food-1 family per 18wheelerhouse- bout 6 trucks per family and also a gas tanker
LOVES YOU ALL

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Homemade mobile armor, that's excellent.
edit on 17-8-2011 by DocEmrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Its all LOVE in the end 1 wishes not to see humanity destroyed, so supports offered.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well, sad to say, we don't have a plan.

Not as a family or a couple, but in the back of my mind, I've thought about it often.

We have guns here at our house, since my husband is a hunter. They are registered, legal firearms.

I'd stay home. I'd protect what food and stocked items we have on hand. I'd protect my property and my life and the lives of my family.

And, I'm not afraid to die.

Death is a part of life. It is natural. If I die, I die.

I don't want to, but rather than running around and living in fear and trying to stay alive, death doesn't seem so horrible.

I've had a great life.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Comin out blastin like Yosemite Sam...... what else? Pfffft...

Really...... the best laid plans of mice and men.

Some quick advice.

1. Don't loot. Its gonna be the end of you. Psycho snipers from hell that have slipped through the cracks and never gotten treatment for PTSD and are ready to "defend America like the old days" are going to be fully off kilter if it ever goes down and gravitating towards those looting places. Looting is just asking for it.
2. Have your food and supplies ready. Most store food will be expired in a year or two. Then what?
3. Sharpen your mental skills. Be ready to redraw any "plans" you may have on a moments notice.
4. Listen for gunfire and trouble and move away in a rapid orderly manner. You have a fight or flight response for a reason. Fight should only come when your cornered. Flight is the friend of anyone who intends to extend their days.

The ocean is the worst place you can go. People that live on the ocean already are not your friends, and if they can't get in to port for supplies, they will take yours, and set you adrift. Slavery also pops up first on the oceans historically. Using the life and energy of captives while feeding your own crew doubles the life expectancy of the captors. Its a dirty seafaring secret no one talks about. Ask the British. They won't answer much.

5. You should already have dealt with your fear about your demise. Make peace with your maker, or what ever it is that you need to do. Running in chaos and fear, means you have a set of fundamental issues with your own death. Get that taken care of. It will take a clear ,moral thought process to go any length of time.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
reply to post by OwenGP185

Out of range of weapons is our minimum safe distance; 1 to 2 miles from the coast at best.

In the event of a pole shift, you would be right though.

Yeah the problem is nature always has a spanner to throw into the works which was what I was getting at, something always goes wrong whether someone breaks their leg, a car crashes into your vehicle etc. I think realistically it is best to think in terms of basic survival needs, get from point A to B and change plans based on the situation. Not that I really believe an event like this would happen in my lifetime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join