It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Escape Plan For When the SHTF?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If the end ever went down, and America went up in flames; police unable to control crowds, a global catastrophe, war, or some other event; what is your plan of escape?

The first thing I would do is gather up the people I trust most (I actually have already talked to 4 of them about this already, more as a joking thing, but all kidding aside...we do have an action plan as it is fun to think about).

Our first order of business is to meet in a private residence, and take an inventory of weapons, food, and other supplies. Using maps (old school, no navigation/cell phones planned for in case of a magnetic storm) we plan out our route, and then assign everyone a task of some sort based on his/her knowledge areas. (One person was a medical student so they are in charge of medical supplies).

Secondly, if news is available we watch to see what areas have the most looters. Ideally we would hit places like K-Mart, Wal Mart, Target, the places that have ruined this country. At places like that, our plan of attack would be to only hit the medical supplies, pharmacy, food and ammunition (if applicable). All of us are already gun owners.

If those places are packed, it's sad, but we will have to hit the Mom & Pop stores.We would do it quietly, and make every attempt to not harm anyone (if anyone was present there). If somebody was present, we would attempt to barter or negotiate, and if it came down to our survival or there's, obviously take the necessary measures to survive. We would steer clear of any small family owned gun stores, as there would no doubt be some wild people protecting their stock to the end.

Thirdly, we abandon all of our vehicles, and take one vehicle to a local Hummer/SUV dealer, where we will take 2 Vehicles. We split the driving between the four/five of us in both vehicles, with an equal amount of weapons, ammo, and supplies in each. We only plan on using these for a maximum 48 hours from our current location to the coast.

Fourth, we drive to the coast stopping at places that are abandoned to scavenged for left-over supplies. We pack as much as we can into our vehicles, being careful to make sure food is properly stored and preserved for our journey. Within 5 (in case of a flood or deluge) to 48 hours we will reach the coast.

Fifth, at the coast, we procure an abandoned boat, yacht, some sort of sailing capability that can hold provisions for upwards of a few days. After procurement, we stalk up on food, medical supplies and new weapons. The yacht can most likely not hold a vehicle, but it would be ideal.

Sixth, after we have prepared our vessel, we are heading due South to the Caribbean. Depending on the state of the world, we'd ideally like to land on a small abandoned island, or an uninhabited one. Our sailing voyage would take us down the Eastern Coast of the United States, being careful to not stray far from the shore line.

Seventh, after arriving at our destination, or scouting several destinations, we plan on settling down to build a new type of society that is based on knowledge and information, rather than wealth and capitalism. Several trips to the collapsed country of the U.S might be necessary, and probably will be for a good few years (if we even survive).

What are your plans?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My plans are simple.....

Im going to buy a big bag of weed, find a nice remote location to camp up and sit it out

If it takes longer than my bag of weed, il have to make a plan b...

edit on 17-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Escape? I dont plan on escaping anything, be it civil turmoil, natural disaster, divine intervention....
Ill face whatever there is to fear and i will stand and defend my family first if neccesary, my faith second (which presumably wont need defending), and the Constitution, in that order and against any that would threaten.

No sence in running scared just to prolong the inevitable...
face your fears, fight with integrity, and if need be die with honor, that will be my escape

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
THERE MAY BE NO ESCAPE!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Already got my escape planned, it's called a big bottle of Jose cuervo.. It's all about perception My friend..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So let me understand your plan, your plan is to be a looter and rob innocent people?

I am pretty sure most people with supplies are not going to sit by and allow themselves to be looted and robbed.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Your "plan" is more reaction than it is a plan. If your plan is not something that is already, as in right now, executed by 80-90% then it will be too late when TSHTF. Before you get defensive think about what I have said. Then make a real plan.

Your plan should also include avoiding other people to the greatest extent possible. They will be desparate and they will be thinking about the same things you will be thinking about. Not a rgood ecipe for your survival.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
hey op very elaborate ill say heh
ok here is my shtf plan
kiss Keep It Simple Stupid
okey i have already spoken whith two other familly members to realy this to the rest of the family
we hunker down for about a week while madness inseus and the when we know its safe we make our way whith wifes and kids to the already stocked and suplied fortafied camp and no cells gps laptops alowed
for the trip we will be useing ghillie suits to help whith evaision. And some vaulble items for bartering
no looting nessacary that just gives someone a good reason to kill ya.
What ya think

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
A cyanide pill.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Keep my soul LIGHT IN DENSITY via good vibrations and LOVE. If 1 is due to exit then it must be time to go otherwise... Its too hard to phathom tshtf scenerio for sure.

be well

link   
LOL I love the fact that part of your plan is to steal a hummer, lol.

link   
reply to post by zestor

Which is why we have weapons.

And yes, it is my plan to be a robber and looter to escape this miserable nation. Considering most Americans are overweight, and attached to their homes, I doubt we'll have much trouble in the suburban areas.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Makes traversing rough terrain easy

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I have 20 acres in the west texas hill country to get the hell outta dodge. I have muliply routes of travel. Accounted for traveling by car , bike or foot. All supplies including my B.O.B.are already in large tupperware totes by my front door ready to be loaded at a seconds notice. All my guns are loaded with all my ammo ready in handheld cases. My entire family including "good" friends know that if the SHTF during the day (everyone at work) to stay right where they are and I will come get them. Everyone has a copy of the bug locations coordinates in there vehicles and in a safe place at their houses. My plan isnt flawless but I can garuntee I will be one of the most prepare mother truckas head outta town in less than 30 mins.

If SHTF for real, theres gonna be ALOT of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
What Is Your Escape Plan For When the SHTF?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3994dc3aea8e.jpg[/atsimg]

link   

My plans involve shooting looters like you. Sorry, but you join with the massed of anarchy and chaos and we will put you in a grave.

link   

But the gas storage for it and space it would consume??? Also if cme is part of it or some emp then no vehicles???????

link   
reply to post by JesusLives

For sure, not going to get defensive as it's a good perception. Part of it is going in prepared, and yes avoiding others at all costs is a big thing, one that I didn't mention. Trying to stay as hidden as possible is something everyone is going to need to do.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Unless we shoot first. Best of luck to you.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

As said, it all depends on the situation. If it's a CME, or EMP of some sort, obviously that changes the rules greatly. Again this just hypothetical, and more for fun than anything else, hence the (It's fun to think about). That's why I asked for everyone to share their ideas, instead everyone wants to label me a "deviant," which the majority of members on this website are anyways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join