It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool vids: is this government spending REAL OR FAKE? The answers will shock even the folks on ATS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
no one will ever do anything about it because no one will agree on who it is that's causing the problem....

The problem maybe is that it's not a "who" but a "what" that is causing the problem.

I'm placing a bet on the debt based monetary system we live under, anyone else?

The sooner we have a balanced monetary system the better, in my understanding.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Good thread and funny videos.

You know what uneasy feeling I get hearing about these absurd spending sprees?

I start thinking about black budgets and the black hole called military spending. It sounds to me like they made up a bunch of mumbo jumbo, spent 38,900 on the turtle tunnel, then took the rest to their off-budget black projects.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elzon

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by FortAnthem

Just one question...how exactly do shrimp walk on a treadmill.

You HAD to ask that question didn't you?

Well I'll be damned...

reply to post by muzzleflash

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I start thinking about black budgets and the black hole called military spending. It sounds to me like they made up a bunch of mumbo jumbo, spent 38,900 on the turtle tunnel, then took the rest to their off-budget black projects.
Interesting thought sir. I agree with your assessment.

edit on 18-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by gabby2011
Who decides what programs get the go ahead ? Some of these programs(all of them mentioned in the videos) are absolutely ludicrous. I don't understand how these can pass through?

These are typical of the pork that politicians tack onto legitimate legislation at the last minute. Someone wants their vote and they basically blackmail and say "I'll give you my vote, but you need to add my 3 million dollar turtle tunnel onto the legislation." So many of these "favors" get added at the last minute that no one knows exactly what they're voting for, and they don't care as long as their pet project makes it through unquestioned (along with everyone else's pork). Welcome to American politics.

Thank you for explaining how it works.... as sad as the reality of it is..,it makes sense now..on why it happens.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
You don't think they spend 15 thousand dollars on a hammer ? Or 30 thousand on a toilet, did you ??
Money for dead end projects almost always ends up in the hands of some who want one or more dead.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You know what uneasy feeling I get hearing about these absurd spending sprees?

Would it be more scary to find out that they were using this money to fund black-budget projects or that the money was REALLY going where they tell us it is going?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join