It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool vids: is this government spending REAL OR FAKE? The answers will shock even the folks on ATS.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I love when people do stuff like this to show how much money the government wastes on stupid crap.

Put on your thinking caps and see if YOU can get these questions right; Is this example of government spending REAL OR FAKE?

Volume II:

Yeah, a lot of them are trick questions but, what better way to hammer home the point that the government will always find new and extravegant ways to piss away our tax dollars. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/627e50ac6244.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 8/17/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Who decides what programs get the go ahead ? Some of these programs(all of them mentioned in the videos) are absolutely ludicrous. I don't understand how these can pass through?

The sad part of it all is that I think they are just bogus programs set up so that they can be pilfered by those in control. No chance they actually spent 2 and a half million on teaching chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly. It seems they almost make a joke and mockery of the name of the program for giggles...and they damn well know the money isn't going to any of the research.

There are a few people,and certain companies getting very rich off the tax dollars...
edit on 17-8-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That made my morning thanks for the laughs, star and flag for you good sir.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Its shameful the way our governments squander our money.

Its a blatant pisstake to be honest, people work hard to give the government a huge proportion of their hard earned worthless paper money

And we are fed the lie....we live in a democracy hahahaha, im sure if the peoples voices really counted there would be little or no wars. There wouldnt be the poverty we say today....the governments of our nations are sick psychopaths.

edit on 17-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've seen the woman in the first video before and I love her - she is so beautiful. That said, I actually pay attention and knew about all of this stuff. If they cut the entitlements for shrimp or Chinese prostitutes I will be the first one out their throwing bricks through the shoe store and stealing shoes!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yep.
Want to know the best part?

Americans will keep funding this gross mis-use of money...
Because they are well-fed, complacent sheep.

End of story.

(Solution? Stop funding it, or vote Ron Paul 2012 even as a write-in)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I agree, that sucks unless you have kids. I mean, what kind of country would we all be leaving to the next generation. I'm glad American citizens don't need to have kids because that makes this kind of corruption perfectly acceptable as long as it's not going on the backs of children. I mean, the poor children would be so screwed over by our generation that they would look back at us with a burning hatred we couldn't even comprehend.

AMIRITE?

Oh wait, I and millions of Americans have children.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
no one will ever do anything about it because no one will agree on who it is that's causing the problem....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
please ignore these video's you are not suppose to focus on this, please stay focused on the unemployed, thank you.

i did a bit of work when i was younger, it was overtime and back then there were rules about those being under 18 doing overtime. no problem, what i was payed went down as a pair of new boots.

that's what some of these government programs sound like to me. "thanks for that, heres a bonus, don't worry it is going down as a programme for a robot that tells jokes, nobody will know"

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I understand what your saying; they are compensating people for stuff they shouldn't have had them do in the first place in an off the books kind of way.

But, if it was really about something like that, don't you think they could come up with more plausable explanations for the expenditures?

The outrageous stuff this money is directed toward is guaranteed to piss off everyone who hears about it. If they were trying to cover up something they weren't supposed to do, do you really think they would earmark the money for something even more stupid?

I swear, whenever I hear about this type of spending on stupid stuff, it just goes to show me that we have some of the most creative minds on the planet in Washington working non-stop 24/7 thinking up new and creative ways to piss away money they have done nothing to earn.

Maybe we need to send less imaginative people to Washington; the kind who would never, ever think of spending away the taxpayer's money on such stupid garbage.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

maybe it is the robot that tells jokes who comes up with what they should spend the money on? who knows they may role him out in the next interview to tell some jokes. like, " hey americans guess where your tax dollars go?"

"ME" hahahahaha..........

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The "joke telling robot", is referenced here...
PDF

It appears to be, as it says, a stimulus package directed to advance the field of AI (which in my opinion has stalled greatly in the last few decades).
Although this project is about humour, would Americans be so outraged if it was a stimulus package directed at advancing the field of AI in a more general, nonspecific sense?
Or are Americans against stimulus packages of any description of that size?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I think Americans would be more open to an AI stimulus if it proposed working on something with real world, practical applications. There is absolutely no practical use for a joke telling robot. We have plenty of out-of-work comedians out there; I'm sure they don't need robots stealing away their jobs the way they did in the manufacturing sector.

There's also that whole Terminator/ Skynet aspect of the AI thingy that might make people skittish.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/430a0486a2b8.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I really can't believe they spent money on that shrimp study....just no way. That's got to be the most useless thing I've ever heard of. The turtle tunnel and Chinese prostitute ones are also pretty sad. Wtf is our government thinking

edit on 17-8-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here's a few more for you

Washington will spend $615,175 on an archive honoring the Grateful Dead.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her staff have charged taxpayers $101,000 for “in-flight services”—including food and liquor—during trips on Air Force jets over the last two years. Charges reportedly include “Maker’s Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey’s Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey, and Corona beer.”

The Defense Department wasted $100 million on unused flight tickets and never bothered to collect refunds even though the tickets were refundable.

Stimulus dollars have been spent on mascot costumes, electric golf carts, and a university study examining how much alcohol college freshmen women require before agreeing to casual sex.

all of above and more can be found here
www.heritage.org...

tip of the iceberg if you ask me

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
But....but... wait we need to "tax the wealthy"! "They need to pay their fairshare!
The govt needs to raise revenue....

Doesn't it?.

Yeah; we small govt conservatives are the"crazies".
Sarcastic enough to hear all the way to D.C.? Sorry this kinda' waste makes my eyes bleed.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i now feel TOTALLY absolved of any and all responsibility for my "portion" of government debt. its absolutely no wonder at all why the US is in the financial shape its in and i will never feel one teensy weensy bit bad for it. it has nothing whatsoever to do with me. divvy it up among the DC HighRollers Club members and leave me completely out of it. the only reason i even continue to pay my taxes is, of course, the IRS gun to my head. such is life. *puke*

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Who decides what programs get the go ahead ? Some of these programs(all of them mentioned in the videos) are absolutely ludicrous. I don't understand how these can pass through?

These are typical of the pork that politicians tack onto legitimate legislation at the last minute. Someone wants their vote and they basically blackmail and say "I'll give you my vote, but you need to add my 3 million dollar turtle tunnel onto the legislation." So many of these "favors" get added at the last minute that no one knows exactly what they're voting for, and they don't care as long as their pet project makes it through unquestioned (along with everyone else's pork). Welcome to American politics.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Just one question...how exactly do shrimp walk on a treadmill.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Just one question...how exactly do shrimp walk on a treadmill.

You HAD to ask that question didn't you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join