It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporters: Who else besides Ron?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Keep in mind, the original plan was a single payer system like many countrys have.
But the repubs would have none of that...because the insurance companys would be made redundant...

So the mandate thing became the call of the day...the only way to get enough on board to not filibuster it...but if the single payer system was installed (polled extremely high for desirability), then the insurance companys could try to raise the premiums to the roof...it wouldn't matter...once you are selling a product nobody buys, then you can set whatever you want.

The dirty politics here came from both sides of the aisle though I suspect...lots of lobbiests and corporate interest tends to do a tidy job of purchasing politicians...What can possibly change this? nothing short of a revolution...aka, it won't change and all things will be corrupted because of this system we have in place.

And the system only grows stronger (thanks to a open floodgate of corporate sponsorship of campaigns).

We are screwed overall...the media is held by only a few hands, which means our information is saturated into just a couple talking points, the corporations own polticians, peoples mindsets, and every possible tool of defense. now we have people cheering at the loss of unions, the first bite...this is not a sinking ship, this is a sunk ship and we are all just gasping for breath in a little air bubble at the bottom of the ocean...still unable to agree that there is a hole in the boat and if we should bail water or stuff poor people in the hole to stop the flow.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Ok so I agree with you on that. See this is what I like about Ron Paul. He seems to be apart from the rest in that he wants to follow the constitution. I feel it would be like zeroing out the scale so to speak. It's worth a shot, All the others will maintain the status quo. Nothing will change.

For me it's not just his health care policy, it's the overall direction he's taking this county. I do not agree with it. I reject his vision for us and the vision of his "czars". They make statements that we cant be on top forever while deliberately bring us down. I will not accept that as my childrens future. EVER

So for me to simply answer your opening question, there is NO ONE besides Ron Paul.

( sorry for the bafoon statement by the way, you know politics religion and all the crap)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am just wondering...I have seen the typical Ron Paul panty tossing ceremony play out.
We all know that he has no chance in hell of actually winning, but its fun to dream.

So, Who else besides Ron Paul are you supporting? If you cannot say due to contractual obligations or whatnot, then answer it differently..

Who would you support either instead of Ron, or as Ron's Vice Presidental pick?

Just wondering...Nadar? Kucinich? Palin? Who would you like to see?

And why...

None of them just Ron Paul, thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I am just wondering...I have seen the typical Ron Paul panty tossing ceremony play out.
We all know that he has no chance in hell of actually winning, but its fun to dream.

So, Who else besides Ron Paul are you supporting? If you cannot say due to contractual obligations or whatnot, then answer it differently..

And why...

So the logic goes - I want Ron Paul to win, but I believe the MSM propaganda that he can't win - so I will vote for one of the criminals instead, because that way at least I will know I voted for the winner.

This is insanity and it's THIS absurd thinking that is the real danger to Ron Paul's election.

If I didn't know better I would think you had become a government shill.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

And why...

So the logic goes - I want Ron Paul to win, but I believe the MSM propaganda that he can't win - so I will vote for one of the criminals instead, because that way at least I will know I voted for the winner.

This is insanity and it's THIS absurd thinking that is the real danger to Ron Paul's election.

-ponders-

So...if I ask who you think a good VP pick for Ron is...that makes me a government shill.

gotcha

How about, I think Ron Paul is not a good choice for POTUS..sure, you can call me a gubment shill, or you can simply call me for what I am, which is a liberal. Guess what, I think he is actually the most intelligent person on the right running...the rest is one disaster after another, so intellectually I would prefer Paul to be front runner verses the rest...Ron doesn't scare me...he won't nuke people, he won't decide to enforce prayer, or give mega tax breaks to any specific religion, etc...his economic model I simply believe won't work and I personally see him as a corporatist...but a intelligent and well meaning one that actually may shake things up enough to either work, or at least show proof positive why we have instituted some government programs..

So...who is your veep pick?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

And why...

-ponders-

So...if I ask who you think a good VP pick for Ron is...that makes me a government shill.

gotcha

How about, I think Ron Paul is not a good choice for POTUS..sure, you can call me a gubment shill, or you can simply call me for what I am, which is a liberal. Guess what, I think he is actually the most intelligent person on the right running...the rest is one disaster after another, so intellectually I would prefer Paul to be front runner verses the rest...Ron doesn't scare me...he won't nuke people, he won't decide to enforce prayer, or give mega tax breaks to any specific religion, etc...his economic model I simply believe won't work and I personally see him as a corporatist...but a intelligent and well meaning one that actually may shake things up enough to either work, or at least show proof positive why we have instituted some government programs..

So...who is your veep pick?

I feel you're pretty close to right on the money with that one.

His biggest downfall is his economic policies, which are to say the least, fail.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I never said you were a government shill, lol, and you know that.

The current economic model is disastrous. Ron Paul has his head screwed on, is highly intelligent, has years of experience, knows how the current ponzi scheme works inside out. I'd say the chances of him doing a good job are excellent. It certainly can't be worse than the corrupt, greedy private grab for the country's wealth which is going on now. His model has worked before. More than one country is considering the same thing. This current one has never worked and will never work....

As for VP, dunno. There are a small handful with some integrity and honesty, and that's the kind of person Paul will surround himself with.

edit on 18-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeSpiral

His biggest downfall is his economic policies, which are to say the least, fail.

I would say Ron Paul's sound economic understanding is his best quality.

It would be great to have a president that cared about the entire economy and focused less on G.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

I would say Ron Paul's sound economic understanding is his best quality.

It would be great to have a president that cared about the entire economy and focused less on G.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

Hasn't he proposed an effort to return to the Gold Standard? Maybe he no longer believes that hair-brined idea will work, but if he does, is that what you're referring to as sound?

"And he signs his name with a capital "G"" ~TR

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Hasn't he proposed an effort to return to the Gold Standard?

Depends, how you define a ``gold standard``?

Maybe he no longer believes that hair-brined idea will work, but if he does, is that what you're referring to as sound?

No, I was referring to his understanding of market mechanics.

I don't see what that crappy song has to do with economic polices.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Hasn't he proposed an effort to return to the Gold Standard?

Depends, how you define a ``gold standard``?

Maybe he no longer believes that hair-brined idea will work, but if he does, is that what you're referring to as sound?

No, I was referring to his understanding of market mechanics.

I don't see what that crappy song has to do with economic polices.

Crappy song?!

*Instantly loses all respect*

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Indeed.

I'm not a fan of rock music.

If you wanna discuss music though, there is a forum here for that.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join