It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Supporters: Who else besides Ron?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am just wondering...I have seen the typical Ron Paul panty tossing ceremony play out.
We all know that he has no chance in hell of actually winning, but its fun to dream.

So, Who else besides Ron Paul are you supporting? If you cannot say due to contractual obligations or whatnot, then answer it differently..

Who would you support either instead of Ron, or as Ron's Vice Presidental pick?

Just wondering...Nadar? Kucinich? Palin? Who would you like to see?

And why...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It doesnt matter cause the rest of the candidates all work for the same powers.
I dont think it makes a diff who would win...the results will all be the same
More wars, more poverty,more freedoms taken away

RON PAUL 2012!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You're talking about the GOP Nomination, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420

RON PAUL 2012!!

Isn't your position just the classic, "Everyone but the guy I support is corrupt?" Or stated even more simply, "I'm right, and everyone else is wrong?"

The President absolutely does, and can make a difference. It is an incredibly powerful office. Many on here are staunch Obama haters, and w/e that's fine, but I seriously doubt poverty and the erosion of personal freedom is anyone's goal. Sure, there are some evil people out there, but it is much more logical to think that things like poverty, and injustice are simply symptoms of things going wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So, Who else besides Ron Paul are you supporting?

Obama. I plan to vote for Obama not matter what anyway.

or as Ron's Vice Presidental pick?

Gary Johnson, because I like the way he talks.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

RON PAUL 2012!!

So...name the VP then

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSpiral
You're talking about the GOP Nomination, right?

Was doing a hypothetical "they" won...either ron paul (and then the question is, who is the vice president), or if not Ron, who would you like to see sit in the office

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Why would you vote for someone that has done nothing but lie to the American people since the day he stepped into office?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimeSpiral

RON PAUL 2012!!

Isn't your position just the classic, "Everyone but the guy I support is corrupt?" Or stated even more simply, "I'm right, and everyone else is wrong?"

The President absolutely does, and can make a difference. It is an incredibly powerful office. Many on here are staunch Obama haters, and w/e that's fine, but I seriously doubt poverty and the erosion of personal freedom is anyone's goal. Sure, there are some evil people out there, but it is much more logical to think that things like poverty, and injustice are simply symptoms of things going wrong.

The whole mess is confuddled into a gigantic mess overall. There is no such thing as adults talking currently in washington..so long as the 24/7 media points their cameras on them, politicians turn into circus freaks and pop stars. What we need overall is for the media to turn the cameras off whenever a politician starts dancing in front of the camera.Report on the actions of the politicians by referring not to name, but to the political party...no more kingmakers by cnn/fox/msnbc

The only time I seriously listen now is any "ideas" on the internet....anyone trying to either push the whole thing into corporate hands, or add any censorship measures attracts my raised fist...otherwise, its just wordplay.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Why? Because you want more than $12,000 a year from MY salary? You dont like business jets maybe?

Are you even old enough to vote?
edit on 17-8-2011 by type0civ because: Another question

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Why would you vote for someone that has done nothing but lie to the American people since the day he stepped into office?

Well, thats your personal jaded view now, isn't it.

To say he did nothing buy lie is clearly pants on fire lying in itself...talk to a gay soldier, talk to a 24 year old still covered by health care by parents, etc..

He missed the boat in some areas, he got held up in some areas, and he fulfilled in some areas...still, one of the biggest thing he campaigned for has yet to be done...which is to repeal the bush era tax cuts...he campaigned strongly on that, and many voted for that specifically...its also why there is such strong push against..not because of principles, but because they want to destroy any meaningful change promised.

But this thread is not about that anyhow

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

Obama has done some good things.

To say that he's done nothing but lie, is a lie.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So anyhow, nobody will answer it...either who his VP should be, or who if not him.

Which means even on ATS, with rabid fanaticism, you lot know it isn't going to happen...can't even start to consider VPs..heh.

I remember when Obama first struck the trail, people were trying to figure out who would be who's VP...Clinton to Obama, or Obama to Clinton..yep.

Can we call the Paul "support" for what it is then...hoax?

Name his VP

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Why? Because you want more than $12,000 a year from MY salary? You dont like business jets maybe?

edit on 17-8-2011 by type0civ because: Another question

I've never taken anything from you and I love private Jets. I hope to own one someday.

What are you talking about?

Are you even old enough to vote?

I'll be 18 really soon.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So anyhow, nobody will answer it...either who his VP should be, or who if not him.

Hey! I clearly said Gary Johnson.

2nd.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: Gary not Grey

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

RON PAUL 2012!!

So...name the VP then

I kinda hope Jesse Ventura will step up to the plate if RP wins the nomination.
But i live in Canada so i have no say....but i do pay close attn to whats going on
cause it will affect us up here too
edit on 17-8-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

link   

Ok I'll answer...He should pick his son Rand as VP..

And 24 year old would not need to be on their parents health care if they could find a damn job.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I see... so while you're worried about gay rights (seriously, who cares?) and healthcare programs that destroys competition and in turn the free market Im worried about the trillions of dollars and countless lives lost each year on war. I see the disconnect now.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And since you brought it up, my heath care premiums are rising as a direct result of Obamacare. Prior to 2008 it was being sold as "free" health care to all.

And ask a grunt how he feels about serving along side your precious gay soldier and women for that matter. It destroys morale and readiness, bottom line. Our military is no place for social experiments.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Ok I'll answer...He should pick his son Rand as VP..

Rand Paul is a neocon, I don't care what anyone says. Ron definitely shouldn't pick him as his VP, but he should disown him as a son though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join