It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen charged with planning to blow up Tampa school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Teen charged with planning to blow up Tampa school

content.usatoday.com

Tampa police arrested an expelled high school student and charged him with planning to blow up Freedom High School on the first day of class next Tuesday.

At a news conference today, Tampa Police Chief Janet Castor described the alleged plot as "a potential catastrophic event the likes of which this city has never seen."

The 17-year-old was charged with threatening to discharge a destructive device, possession of bombmaking materials and possession of marijuana, police said in a news conference.

The teen, police say, was arrested Tuesday evening after a confidential informant tipped
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He faces felony charges of possessing bomb-making materials, threatening to throw, project, place or discharge a destructive device, cultivating marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana.

Interesting times we live in..

I am glad he was caught!

Imagine the blood shed!!

This seems like an everyday thing now..

Kid's must stop being bullies or things like
this will keep happening.

Put this ass wipe away forever!!

A product of our society?

Or lone nut?

content.usatoday.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

I wouldn't be surprise most people would be yelling "conspiracy! conspiracy!! The government did all this! A kid could never of done this!" A crazy world we live indeed.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d18b46fe73a9.jpg[/atsimg]

Sure looks like a hardened criminal and terrorist...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So weed makes you want to blow stuff up. I never knew that?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bacontep

That sure is probably not WHY

This kid has his reasons though I rest assure you..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Kid probably got busted for a something he didn't do and wanted revenge. I don't blame him, i was kicked out of school for a messed up reason, and i wanted to kill the *Snip* who falsely accused me. Luckily, when i was tried, they found that i was falsely accused, the school didn't want to look bad and tried to keep saying i did what i didn't do, needless to say after court the school was scared *Snip* that i was going to sue the hell out of them, they just gave me my diploma without having to finish school.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/8/2011 by Sauron because: Snipped profanity

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

They will try to make it out like cannabis contributed to his actions.
The kid was probably bullied and or had no family structure or wasn't nurtured the way he needed to be, we are all different.
Who doesn't partake in illicit recreational use nowadays? Point being I think it's irrelevant to his actions, and all his charges were listed, like they almost always are for someone getting in trouble with the law.

The kid probably needs someone to talk to and someone to understand him. Something he probably lacked. That alone will make someone think irrationally and bring upon bitterness.

edit on 17-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Indeedly! While you're not trying to rape everything not nailed down, you are in fact plotting ways to blow stuff up! Evil weed is evil!

These are indisputable facts and not open for discussion.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

No i think your completely wrong. If someone tried to talk to him to find out what is "wrong" it would just piss him off. I don't blame the parents or bullies.

Look at the facts here -

He was expelled

It quotes in the article one of his favorite lines is : "Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten."

So put two and two together. He wants to teach someone a lesson, words wouldn't help him, only blood, he wanted to prove his point so it would never be forgotten, so people would look back and see what can happen. He probably wanted revenge for being kicked out of school, he wanted to either teach them a lesson to not # with him, but if he didn't want to school to # with him, it wouldn't be worth trowing your life away, so whatever was on his mind, he expected it to be his end, so he wanted to teach them a lesson and not just get his own kicks. That would leave me to believe there is something we don't know, and he wanted to teach the school a lesson they would never forget.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

I don't see how killing people who don't know you or were never involved with the incident would have to die as a result of some kid's tempra tantrum fit for being expelled from school. Knowing how he knows dame well why he was kicked out. People these days think the suspect is never at fault. It is either the police or the victims.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Haven't we all said things that we don't mean, especially out of anger? I know I have. I've often said "I want to beat the # out of so and so" but in reality I wouldn't. Now, I havn't been pushed like this kid may have been pushed. If the kid was ridiculed, didn't have the guidance he needed at home or where ever he must have been bitter and resentful. Those words can become reality when you're full of hatred. Hatred also makes you think irrationaly.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the kid, I'm just stating what I think could be the cause of the issue, it's merely my opionion.
I keep an open mind on things. Or at least I try to.

IF Columbine would have happened recently would those kids have been labeled terrorists?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by doom27

I don't see how killing people who don't know you or were never involved with the incident would have to die as a result of some kid's tempra tantrum fit for being expelled from school. Knowing how he knows dame well why he was kicked out. People these days think the suspect is never at fault. It is either the police or the victims.

Yes I believe it's his fault but what are the reasons for him acting out? Was it Bullying? Was it because he was mentally unstable? was it caused by sex and violence on t.v. and video games? was it al-quaida (spelling)?

If someone rear ends me in a car and I hit a tree, hitting the tree is my fault but me getting rear ended caused it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I don't know but still he was planing on killing people. Should he not be held accountable because he was bullied or the teachers conspired against him? Heck no! He crossed the line when decided to hurt and kill people.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by klenker

Indeedly! While you're not trying to rape everything not nailed down, you are in fact plotting ways to blow stuff up! Evil weed is evil!

LOL i think you watched Reefer Madness too many times.
I think the Kid was just going through teenage angst.
Or its just more Domestic Terrorism Propaganda.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by kimish

I don't know but still he was planing on killing people. Should he not be held accountable because he was bullied or the teachers conspired against him? Heck no! He crossed the line when decided to hurt and kill people.

He should be held accountable. He's old enough to know right from wrong unless he was mentally handicapped, which I don't think he was, BUT we need to look into as to why we are even discussing this, what is the root cause of his actions so we can recognize and take preventative measures. Part of prevention is understanding in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

reply to post by kimish

He should be held accountable. He's old enough to know right from wrong unless he was mentally handicapped, which I don't think he was, BUT we need to look into as to why we are even discussing this. Part of prevention is understanding in my opinion.

I know for a fact that when
HE DOES finally get out of
PRISON HE WILL be a hardened,
life time career criminal, in and out of institutions, jail, and prison..

A product of society that maybe could of helped him BEFORE he took this
drastic action..

There are deeper reasons to all this and all the
MSM CAN tell us is he is A POT SMOKING KILLER JIHAD TERRORIST..

These are our own citizens.. Some just need mental help!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

You are right and that's the problem with the penal system today. I was under the impression that Prisons are for rehabilitation as opposed to punishment. The latter is what actually happens leading to what you described.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I presume that was sarcasm?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

I presume that was sarcasm?

It was

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join