It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shoots down comet Elenin doom and gloom predictions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
every time a comet passes by, people are gonna freak.

after all, comet-phobia is actually perfectly natural and normal,
and exists for good reasons too:

Tunguska-Psychopathy-and-the-Sixth-Extinction www.sott.net...

It would be naïve to think, however, that one merely has to point to deep-seated cracks in the structure of modern knowledge to have scholars setting to and constructing a better framework within which mankind might plan his future. There is considerable intellectual capital invested in the status quo, enough to ensure that those with an interest in preserving it, the 'enlightened' and the 'established', will continue to present the cosmos to us in a suitably non-violent form. The history of ideas reveals that some will even go further and act as a kind of thought police, whipping potential deviants into line. For them, temporal power takes precedence over the fate of the species. (Clube, The Cosmic Winter)

This problem of the "status quo" and "thought police" is not a minor issue. In this series of articles that were kicked off by Mike Baillie's book New Light on the Black Death, we have repeatedly come face to face with the obvious fact that those in positions of power and authority lie to the masses of humanity as a rule rather than an exception.
Again and again in this series, we have discussed historical cometary bombardments, the consequences for humanity being dire enough to begin with, but which were then exacerbated and capitalized upon by pathological deviants, following which the facts were covered up by lies. Worse, again and again we have seen that the masses of humanity that suffer the most from these assaults and manipulations appear to be quite willing to be deceived even to their own death and destruction (if only someone will give them something warm and fuzzy to believe in and a scapegoat to blame). At present, we are observing this phenomenon playing out on the global stage in real time and again and again we shake our heads and ask "why?!" What is it about our world, our present day culture, the human beings that occupy our planet, that gives rise to this bizarre condition that lies are preferred over truth, death over life?

Tunguska-Psychopathy-and-the-Sixth-Extinction: www.sott.net...

scroll down to the comets and catastrophe section in the left sidebar on the page for the links to the rest of the series, also to the new light on the black death articles.

The-Dark-Ages-Were-They-Darker-Than-We-Imagined- www.sott.net...

CATASTROPHES IN HUMAN HISTORY www.barry.warmkessel.com...

ABSTRACT

Throughout history, mankind has feared comets, and perhaps rightfully so. The Egyptian record shows that our civilizations have been ravaged by comet impacts and volcanic eruptions throughout the centuries. Contained herein is an initial list of such catastrophes between 3200 BC and 550 AD. Data has been extracted from thee records and from petroglyphs that put a human face on the scope and magnitude of these catastrophes. This data is presented for the world to see what the past has to offer and imagine what the future contains.

INTRODUCTION

A Catastrophe in prehistory is a very strange subject. I shall attempt to explain it in this way. The whole (Egyptian) prehistory is a constant hymne to the KING, who is able to control everything: the State, his People, the Enemies, the Economy, the Art, etc. Then, suddenly, a Catastrophe occurs. Everybody is surprised that the KING is not able to destroy, remove, or whatever, the Catastrophe. It turns out the Catastrophe is more powerful than the KING. So, everybody is silent, and everybody waits till it is all over. Then people start again all the hymnes about the power of the KING, etc.

So, the result is that there is hardly any information about all these Catastrophes. It is very hard to get data. If there are stories about Catastrophes, these are so-called "Lamentations" without any information about what really happened. It simply is a very strange subject!

no no dear fellow if people are getting "paranoid about science" it's because of all the pseudo-science that vested interests have pushed on people: i.e.like gmo's are good for you, big pharma cares about you, there's nothing to worry about in outer space [that's just fearmongering] etc.

speaking for myself it's Official Science that is to be mistrusted, when scientists get in bed with politics and the mega-corps any credibility they had goes out the window IMO.
4_asteroids_strike_earth_within_a_year_media_c overs_it_up.

that said elenin does not pose a threat at the moment.
oh and the 3 days of darkness are supposed to be about a gimongous cloud of interstellar helium snuffing the sun temporarily. nothing to do with the psyops.

all this is said to have started with zeta-talk

The Planet X, Nibiru Psyops Keeps Going, & Going, & Going, & Going.....educate-yourself.org...

Nibiru was seen by the Sumerian astronomers 3850 BC. It was huge in the sky with a comet tail covering more than half the night sky. Anu and his wife, rulers of Nibiru made a state visit to Earth to view the spectacle. They later went
to Mars to view Nibiru from that planet. At closest approach Nibiru is in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, its orbit never crossed
Earth's orbit.

With 3600 year orbit it should have returned about 150 BC. There is no astronomical record of its return.

If it were somehow missed by the sky watchers of Alexandria, Babylon, Rome, Persia, India and China by showing up on the opposite side of the
sun and it were to return in another 3600 years then it should show up 3450 AD about 1439 years from now.

I was told in 1971 by the Melchizedek teachings that the people of"Maldek" had destroyed their own planet. Maldek/Marduk/Nibiru are the
same planet. I believe the destruction happen about the time of Abraham circa 2000 BC.

follow the links at the bottom of the page to go further down this rabbit hole

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Oh hey, I'm not an Elenin person and this is kind of off topic but I thought this was a fairly cool and interesting coincidence, wanted to share:

Don't let the title of the video fool you, this isn't a doomsday thing, just some guy making some points. He doesn't seem to care much about Elenin either. I just thought it was funny that he posted the vid on May 17, 2011 and his prediction was for August 17, 2011

www.youtube.com...

And then this happens:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Data speaks. While I wouldn't blindly trust even NASA's conclusions, they and their ilk are the only ones releasing cold hard data on a regular basis. The data that pople use to prove anything against NASA for their pet peves is what I look at, not their conclusions, either. The problem is that the end-of-the-worlders for the most part have little to no astronomical or even astrological data that doesn't take coming to a conclusion without enough facts to support their stance. Simple enough.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Take it or leave it, lots of people are like you (just look at the idiots on Digg and Reddit). You're too narrow minded to accept me for what I am - a real Christian by faith, and you're further a troll. Go crawl back under your bridge.

Another contradictory christian... or is that Christianity by your definition? Seriously... before a so called Christian hurls their contempt for another, I wish they would ask themselves one question. What would Christ say now? Because as it stands, your response is a perfect example of what would NOT pass by those lips as I understand the teachings of that spirit. If anything your contempt is anti-Christian and you represent that which you fear the most... an Anti Christ. If you're gonna call yourself a Christian at least play the part with honour instead of just taking on the label.

You have faith in the info NASA releases? Sorry mate but your gullibility/naivety is showing on several levels so far.

As for the oncoming ice ball... its all a hypothesis based on previous explanations or events. It just depends on which events and theories you want to give credit to within your own mind. So far we don't have the value of hindsight for this event, so its all speculative until the snowball and its tail passes.
edit on 17-8-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
pretty safe until a solar wind stream blows some cyanide towards us

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

Take it or leave it, lots of people are like you (just look at the idiots on Digg and Reddit). You're too narrow minded to accept me for what I am - a real Christian by faith, and you're further a troll. Go crawl back under your bridge.

Another contradictory christian... or is that Christianity by your definition? Seriously... before a so called Christian hurls their contempt for another, I wish they would ask themselves one question. What would Christ say now? Because as it stands, your response is a perfect example of what would NOT pass by those lips as I understand the teachings of that spirit. If anything your contempt is anti-Christian and you represent that which you fear the most... an Anti Christ. If you're gonna call yourself a Christian at least play the part with honour instead of just taking on the label.

You have faith in the info NASA releases? Sorry mate but your gullibility/naivety is showing on several levels so far.

As for the oncoming ice ball... its all a hypothesis based on previous explanations or events. It just depends on which events and theories you want to give credit to within your own mind. So far we don't have the value of hindsight for this event, so its all speculative until the snowball and its tail passes.
edit on 17-8-2011 by LexiconV because: (no reason given)

Hooray, another troll! I really think that everyone for the most part on the internet is the Digg/Reddit/anonymous type, who lives and breathes only to defy common logic when it comes to politics, and further defy the legitimacy of others' faiths just because they think differently.

What, I'm contridictory because I will take place in an argument, or because I bite back when someone attacks my beliefs in an attempt to discredit me? Jesus showed contempt for Pharisees and others who were in the wrong, he even took a whip to some merchants who had setup shop in the temple. What I've done here is no different.

Note: contempt is defined as "The feeling that a person or a thing is beneath consideration, worthless, or deserving scorn." Jesus didn't imply they were beneath consideration or worthless, but he did righteously show them the scorn they deserved.

Christianity isn't a lifestyle or a status symbol, it's not a necklace you wear around your neck. I believe in God the Father, maker of Heaven and Earth, and in Jesus the Christ, His son and our Lord, who was received by the Holy Ghost, born by a virgin, died on the cross for all our sins as a perfect blood sacrifice, and rose again defeating death, again on our behalves.

I'm not Catholic, if that was your next point of contention, either. It's all faith, not some sort of establishment. I am blessed to be persecuted for my beliefs at yours and others' hands, but at the same time will always stand for them in an attempt to open the eyes of those who don't know these spiritual truths and have the Faith themselves, and that includes you. I'm no better than anyone else in the fact that I'm a sinner, but the debts of my sins are already paid in full, being the only difference. I'm trying to prove I have no superiority complex, but until someone understands from a first hand standpoint in faith, they only see the falsehoods fed to them by our culture.

My willingness to believe what NASA says doesn't prove gullability, nor does my willingness to accept Jesus as the one and only Savior of my life. I just prefer to take my facts from people who, you know, have gone to college and studied astrophyisics all their lives, versus some nutter on the internet who has no proof of their credibility.
edit on 18-8-2011 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Jesus showed contempt for Pharisees and others who were in the wrong, he even took a whip to some merchants who had setup shop in the temple. What I've done here is no different.

Pfft... Nobody here was ripping people off in the name of religion. Not a single sanctimonious Pharisee in sight. You take your whip out upon someone who disagrees with you... is your ego that big of a bubble. No wonder you feel the need to defend it. Enjoy your swim in denial mate.... print your thread out and take it to your teacher. Epic fail.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

Jesus showed contempt for Pharisees and others who were in the wrong, he even took a whip to some merchants who had setup shop in the temple. What I've done here is no different.

Pfft... Nobody here was ripping people off in the name of religion. Not a single sanctimonious Pharisee in sight. You take your whip out upon someone who disagrees with you... is your ego that big of a bubble. No wonder you feel the need to defend it. Enjoy your swim in denial mate.... print your thread out and take it to your teacher. Epic fail.

It doesn't have to be about religion, although you fail to see your own. You and lots of other members here on ATS are sanctimonious Pharisees of idiocy and ignorance, and despite the fact this site seeks truth in it's mission to deny ignorance, more people here go against that mission.

This isn't about my ego - but you most certainly have some sort of issue with anyone who goes against your own or your ideas, as you've already attacked me for my faith rather than being on topic about this thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Calling all cars, calling all cars this just in. Elenin and God have something in common, do you know what that is?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

,,,, you're still blah blah blahing merrily along instead of asking what your saviour would say/do. Allow a little room for an epiphany and it will reward you ten fold.
.... Is your opinion so loud and so important within your mind that you cannot pause to contemplate that question. Rhetorical ! Of course.

I don't have a particular set idea regarding this topic other than 'wait and see' as the truth has its own time frame so does each individual. NASA on the other hand has proven itself to be a puppet on several occasions so is worthy of that grain of salt as it doesn't deserve automatic respect or unconditional worship..... some will kneel and invest their belief to anything/one.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thestupidguy

So, we're safe until nothing happens. People in 1910 thought we were all going to die because it was found that the tail of Halley's Comet contained cyanogen gas and we were going to pass through its tail. Spoiler alert, nothing happened except for some people making a killing off of selling anti-comet pills.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Just to put things into perspective, do you really think NASA will be saying "yep we are all doomed" think how the world would react. How would you react to being told you only had X amount of time to live?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join