It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A request from a relatively new member: for a synthesized Who is Who

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Okay, folks, I've been hanging around for a few months, and I've started one thread and a few careful comments on this forum.

I fully understand that there are members who regularly prowl this forum who are "experts" with "decades" of research experience and are in-the-know about what researchers/scientists/claimants are considered full of it. I, however, am not. In-the-know, that is.

I went today to look at the forum's index, and thought to myself, "Self, since many of this forum's veteran members are reluctant to be kind and informative about who -- and who not -- to take seriously in the field to those who have recently joined in, but instead prefer to mock and ridicule and say "do your own research" with a nasty laughing troop of emoticons-of-shame (dare I say "like middle-schoolers?"), you, Self, to avoid futher dismissive ridicule, will have to go into the archives and see who they take seriously and who they do not. That way, Self, they won't think you are a lazy idiot, notwithstanding to where your lifelong interest in this field has led you."

So, I tried. There are over 700 pages of threads in the Aliens and UFO forum history.

Sorry, but I'm already 52, and if I try to slog through 700 pages of distinct threads, and then cross-reference them to the "index" to see if the member is still in good standing, I will be a great-great-grandmother before I have even got caught up, let alone be able to read the ones posted after today!

Even in the index (compiled some time ago), there are threads which even S.O. touted as "credible" and "believable", but those threads now show the "credible" person has 0S, 0F, 0K, 0P. Which made me wonder if those persons had been banned. Apparently those members have not all been moved to HOAX, either, so that's a no go to try to elimate the hoaxers and liars.

So, ATS Aliens and UFOs aficionados, can you please refer me to a place where I can see a comprehensive list of WHICH researchers and scientists and pseudotypes thereof are taken as jokes, kooks, and crazies, and WHICH have some actual credibility besides Stanton F....?

Please?

If not, that's fine, just let me know so I can continue digging myself....I just thought maybe someone on here might be in the frame of mind to actually teach something to someone who's asking for teaching. Like, you know, a class. With a, you know, professor. i dunno, just was thinking that....

And I won't have my feelings hurt if there isn't anyone. Not that it matters what my feelings are.

I don't want to discuss God or demons or angels or be bashed. I just want to know who is considered the foremost expert here, and where can I look for their contributions?

Thanks ever so kindly.
Love, WT.

edit on 17-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
theres a member here his name is isaac koi.
in my opinion he has more knowledge on the subject than anyone else here.
he has every single ufo book ever published. ever,
his threads are always full of information and excellent links.
if anyone can answer your questions he can

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Thank you. I have looked at his threads, and checked out many of his links...
guess that's where to go then.
Many thanks!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Everyone's treated equally here on ATS and remember you can learn something new from someone who isn't an "expert", just be prepared to read and absorb. You'll soon spot the members who have the most knowledge on a particular subject.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Don't feel intimated or belittled by anyone on this forum and I agree that Isaac is very knowledgable on the subject, however just remember that there aren't really any concrete facts on this subject matter, just a lot of documents and opinions.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ATS Top 50 Members:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the usual suspects are there. My personal favourites tend to be DaddyBare, Phage, BurnTheShips, IssacKoi to name but a few.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
THANK You, people who have answered me.
I guess I just don't quite understand why this particular forum seems to have more "trolls" that are apparently allowed to belittle and ridicule than the other forums...
but, again, thanks so much for your thoughtful responses.
And I have spent enough hours and hours on the forum to recognize which members are those who answer sincerely, and which tend to be more .... um.....unresponsive in a teamish sort of way.
smiles.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Let me save you some time and trouble. ANYONE who claims to be able to definitively answer your questions regarding aliens and UFO's are full of crap. Period.

Sure, there are some among us who can point you to something some moron wrote in a book (who also doesn't know jack squat) and people fall all over them as if they are intelligent....but reality is the only thing that will help you keep from becoming a "useful idiot" is to have common sense, reason, logic, basic science and math on your side. If you lack any on of those traits, just stop and give it up.....your bait for the ignorance that perpetuates the ridiculousness of this topic.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

An no, I'm not belittling you. The terms I used in my post are harsh, yes, but they are 100%%%%% ACCURATE. I wish I never had to use them.......you will figure out where I'm coming from in short order if you have your wits about you......

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hi. Are you only interested in UFO/Alien forums? 'Cuz there are a lot of scientific space exploration and ancient civilization threads that are fascinating as well.

Some of my favorite authors are: XPLodER, Slayer, Muzzleflash, Samuelis and Jordanduchnycz have fun threads on Spirit Science. I also like mnemeth1 and misoir for political and social issues.

If you go to the top tab and hit "TOOLS" then hit "MEMBERS" you will get list of members. You can determine a lot by the number of posts and flags as to their credibility. I will mark you as a "Friend" and send you alerts for what I think are interesting threads, if you like.....

Goodluck. See ya on the boards!

EDIT: OMG! I almost forgot zorgon. Must read zorgon's threads!
edit on 17-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am by no means interested only in this forum. I read several of them....and check the links, and research the link sources.
I just don't want to waste my valuable time and energy reading through drivel. ... I am educated, I have common sense, I am a critical thinker and I am drawn to the Ancient and Lost Civs, BAN, BPN, Paranormal, Phil/Meta/Psych, and just about anything that deals with humankind's curiosity.

Thanks, guys and gals.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You can determine a lot my the number of posts and flags as to their credibility.

Um...yeah. Probably not the best idea in order to rate credibility. Just because a bunch of people starred and flagged a topic has nothing to do with the credibility...it could be an indication of the shear amount of ignorance surrounding a topic (and yes, I can give you SOLID examples with links where what you are saying will lead this fragile new mind towards idiotic threads that are lacking in intelligence.....but have lots of "stars and flags")

Encouraging the new member to have logic, reason and common sense, combined with basic science and math wits about them, to read any thread they are interested in and make up their own mind is the way to go.

Forget those stupid stars and flags. That is "mob rule". And given the rampant ignorance that those interested in many of the subjects on here, is it no surprise that stars and flags have NOTHING to do with how good a thread really is.

I have seen great threads here go by with only a few posts, while idiotic, and completely ignorant threads get TONS OF STARS AND FLAGS and go on for pages and pages. And your telling this new member that is the way to get to the good stuff on here? Please, just stop, your embarrassing yourself and us.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

There are no comprehensive list of who's full of BS and who's the shining bright light of truth. The field of ufology isn't exactly the perfect place of consensus either. However, there are charlatans that should be fairly easy to spot out just by using mere logic and critical thought. And if there are a particular persona you're especially interested in, or if you want to engage in a topic discussion regarding something or someone you'd like to partake in, it can always be wise to use the ATS search function. You will usualy be able to dig up some information without any effort. To put it in short, you're going to have to rely on yourself for the most part.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by windword

You can determine a lot my the number of posts and flags as to their credibility.

Um...yeah. Probably not the best idea in order to rate credibility. Just because a bunch of people starred and flagged a topic has nothing to do with the credibility...it could be an indication of the shear amount of ignorance surrounding a topic (and yes, I can give you SOLID examples with links where what you are saying will lead this fragile new mind towards idiotic threads that are lacking in intelligence.....but have lots of "stars and flags")

Encouraging the new member to have logic, reason and common sense, combined with basic science and math wits about them, to read any thread they are interested in and make up their own mind is the way to go.

Forget those stupid stars and flags. That is "mob rule". And given the rampant ignorance that those interested in many of the subjects on here, is it no surprise that stars and flags have NOTHING to do with how good a thread really is.

I have seen great threads here go by with only a few posts, while idiotic, and completely ignorant threads get TONS OF STARS AND FLAGS and go on for pages and pages. And your telling this new member that is the way to get to the good stuff on here? Please, just stop, your embarrassing yourself and us.

Well, You are certainly correct there. One OP thread on abortion or creationism can generate a lot of stars and flags. But members with 1000's of posts and flags generally show what is trending. Some of the long time members have spent days researching putting together a thread for our enjoyment and they are rewarded with flags and ATS points, WATS, karma etc. I recommend looking for really big numbers.

That's what I meant to recommend through the member page.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Let me recommend jkrog08 . His posts and his interview with Zazz.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I wasn't sure if you were asking for the names of the good, bad and ugly in all of ufology or just the ones on ATS.

Someone asked about good UFO threads last year and I listed some of the ones that caught my attention and added the names so people can check out their other threads. This list is a year old and could do with major updating, but generally, the same members have continued to add quality. That doesn't mean I agree with all the OPs, but credit where credit is due...

The RB-47 UFO Encounter (Internos) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Lakenheath-Bentwaters UFO Incident (JKrog08) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Kenneth Arnold Sighting (Jess_Undefined) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Gorman Dogfight (JKRog08) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Kinross Incident (Gazrock) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 1966 Westall Incident (Chadwickus) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Rendlesham Forest UFO - What really Happened? (Rising Against) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Betty Hill Starmap (Spooky Vince) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Astronauts on Skylab 3 photographed GIANT UFO 1973 (Easynow) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Height 611 UFO Crash (Internos) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

UFO and ETs encounter with 62 children in South Africa, 1994 (Zorgon) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Top 100 UFO Cases - Revealed! (IsaacKoi) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dogon Alien “Mystery” Demystified (IsaacKoi) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

UFOs,USOs and the Island of Puerto Rico. (Karl12) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Waving at the aliens - The Papua New Guinea UFO sightings (Ziggystar60) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Frightening, Unsolved and Disturbing Incident of Nine Dead Skiers (Ozweatherman) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory (JKrog08) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The State of Ufology (Extraeme) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

A new search for artificial objects at stable Lagrangian points (amateur SETA) (NGChunter) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Australian UFO Reports 1969 (Infaredman) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

NASA Ringmakers of Saturn UFOs 2010 *VIDEO* (Watchzeitgiest) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stargates are real (Undo) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The idea of Flying Saucers pre-1940s (Skyfloating) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alien Cigar Shaped 'Spaceships' In The Solar System? Try Debunking This! (Mike Singh) - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Revisiting the Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video (Maybe Maybe Not) www.abovetopsecret.com...

documentary: the west lothian question (reject) www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=519188
edit on 17-8-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Bah, hoped my thread would be in there somewhere:

edit on 17-8-2011 by PW229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
THANK You, people who have answered me.
I guess I just don't quite understand why this particular forum seems to have more "trolls" that are apparently allowed to belittle and ridicule than the other forums...
but, again, thanks so much for your thoughtful responses.
And I have spent enough hours and hours on the forum to recognize which members are those who answer sincerely, and which tend to be more .... um.....unresponsive in a teamish sort of way.
smiles.

Hi Wildtimes,
Its the subject matter. There is another thread on here started today talking about how governments have used ridicule and scorn to keep people from taking this subject seriously. The trolls are just parrotting what they've been taught by TPTB. Anyway the post above which shows the top 50 members should help you. I found that list once when I was looking around the site but I had forgotten about it. It does not say what subject matter each member is interested in so you'll have to view a few posts from them to determine which ones are posting to this forum.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Yeah, it could be a lot longer and only hit the threads from when I posted it in mid 2010. On the bright side, you've just added it yourself

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
For a quick fix you might try UFO Watchdog. It's a bit dated now because the originator gave up on the field, biut it has usually small snippets on many of the major cases as well as more comprehensive arrticles on some of the biggest frauds like Sean David Morton, Kal Korff, and Jonathan Reed. Disclosure: I worked on the site a bit before it got archived, though there is very little in the content that is original from me. If you don't have time to read a couple hundred books that might be a quick place to start/

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join