It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood On My Shirt - Where Are the Real Men At?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

This was written to spark conversation, people. OP is obviously very convincing in the post; however, I honestly believe that if such an act had taken place, it would be of media interest. You get my drift? The whole, "small town hero thwarts violent criminal"...yadayadayada. *yawn*

I understand the need for attention and OP has obviously touched people with their compelling tale of fantasy, but accepting congratulations for an albeit, courageous deed that in fact was never accomplished is, well...immoral.

Come on guys. We read fiction like this in 4th grade.

Now I see the severity of people's gullibility. No wonder MSM is winning.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I say well done

I work in pubs ,clubs, niteclubs as security , bouncers or whatever insult people want to call us.
But i deal with drunks and violent people on a regular bases. I have to stand in when violent idiots,like the one in your OP need to be confronted and stopped.
Its not an easy job, but it IS a job that suits me and that i will continue to do if it means protecting others. I will without hesitation defend anyone that needs it.
Im glad you stepped up to the plate and put your body on the line for these women and teen.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Buy the sounds of it, the OP did the right thing, but you do have to be careful that you understand the situation. In this youtube video, a TV prankster pulls a prank on some guy, just happens to be outside a Taekwondo studio. This is an example of acting without understanding.

edit on 18-8-2011 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

excellent story . . . i saw things like this when i was a child, but i was too small to do anything to stop it.

i'm glad i haven't experienced anything like this as an adult, because like you, i feel as if i would feel compelled to stop it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
All I can say is that YOU are the reason we do not need a police force. If those 5 panzies standing around had a sack you would not have had to do what you did but kudos for doing it. Those nutless wonders should have been brought up on charges for being entertained by the spectacle. Stories like this make me think this country does actually have a chance. Thank you for doing what had to be done, as painful as it was.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You're not a bad writer.

Anyway, i'm with you, i believe that it's up to US to set the standard. The problem is a lot of people feel like they are owed something at some point or another and their behavior reflects that. It's a problem we all have, it's about taking responsibility for ourselves and our actions, and not just say it, OWN IT. Own up. It's something i'm having a slight problem with at the moment, but hey i'm human, at least i am aware of it.

But that's ok. Because it's the strive towards peace, responsibility, and love that makes us great.

Don't be too down my brother, it's always darkest before the dawn.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

Way to be a Debby downer.

You don't know if this actually happened or not...save your judgement.

Not everything has to be about MSM and TPTB and whatever other acronym you can think of.

My opinion: Save it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Way to give credit to a phony story like the rest of the people on here. I said I respected the need for attention and the story was written to create conversation...which it did. That doesn't make it true. I mean, have we honestly sunk to the level of creating tales to get a point across? Why not just come out with it? That is something I can respect, a person who is forward and doesn't spend forever conceiving "brilliant" and entertaining stories just to get a few stars.

I'm not being a Debbie Downer, I just wish that there would be a bit more truth on a site that is about exposing the truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton

This was written to spark conversation, people. OP is obviously very convincing in the post; however, I honestly believe that if such an act had taken place, it would be of media interest. You get my drift? The whole, "small town hero thwarts violent criminal"...yadayadayada. *yawn*

I understand the need for attention and OP has obviously touched people with their compelling tale of fantasy, but accepting congratulations for an albeit, courageous deed that in fact was never accomplished is, well...immoral.

Come on guys. We read fiction like this in 4th grade.

Now I see the severity of people's gullibility. No wonder MSM is winning.

I wasn't going to call it out, but thanks for saying it someone had to

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The problem is society expects just this.. men to be men, or women to be women. We expect so much of one another. For example, this thread.. everyone has a different opinion as to what a man is.. what should have been done in this situation < THAT is the delima.

We all need to learn to beat our own path again, enough of this doing what society expects for the sake of society. Allow who you are on the inside to be projected out into the world. That is the beauty of life.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It makes me sick reading your story... There are really too much people in this world who wouldn't move a finger to help other persons in need. You did what had to be done!

I am a helper by myself but I already experienced situation where the person I wanted to help, refused my help and even insulting me for trying.

In my humble opinion the root of all that is the grief in this world. Nobody want's to help because either they expect some recompension or they fear financial damage because of a sue or so...

It's really sad that we value our whealth higher than our life.
edit on 8/18/2011 by Karmon because: forgot something

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton

(Emphasis mine)

It's been said before, but this is one bandwagon that I'm going to climb aboard. A fact is defined as something that has been proven. You ultimately have no proof that the OP's story actually occurred or not; so don't act as though you have.

I'd also like to encourage you to go and read some Aristotle, (and a few other related authors) and learn how to engage in genuine reasoning. Arbitrary, reflexive, brain dead skepticism gives Atheism an undeservedly bad name.
edit on 18-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

For a modern nation we(in the us) have a very violent society. On an average day 40-80 people are murdered, in the 90's it was normal for new york city to report 2,300 murders per year...That's alot for such a small geographic area, to make it short most cops arent interested in squabbles and fist fights. Just to make sure im all good I carry atleast 1 gun on me all the time, and there is always 2 more in my car it's great being able to defend yourself.
edit on 18-8-2011 by PapaEmeritus because: erfety

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I would encourage you to keep your condescending attitude to yourself, sir. I meant no harm. Please, if you will, imagine how false the story is as it is written. Since you seem to be quite adept, I'm sure you can spot a work of fiction when you see one...or not? If you were to read my second post, I simply wish to express my distaste for works of fiction on a site that many people have worked diligently to expose truths with facts and supporting evidence. Facts and supporting evidence. Facts and supporting evidence.

Do you hear an echo?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

(Emphasis mine)

It's been said before, but this is one bandwagon that I'm going to climb aboard. A fact is defined as something that has been proven. You ultimately have no proof that the OP's story actually occurred or not; so don't act as though you have.

I'd also like to encourage you to go and read some Aristotle, (and a few other related authors) and learn how to engage in genuine reasoning. Arbitrary, reflexive, brain dead skepticism gives Atheism an undeservedly bad name.
edit on 18-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

Last week, I decapitated two thieves trying to steal milk in the school lunch line. Smell that? It's justice. Errrr, never mind, it's bull pucky, and anyone who knows how to use their nose knows when that bitter scent is floating around in the air. It doesn't matter anyways, Nibiru will be here soon and we are all going to die. Go ahead, use anything else but skepticism to try to dis-prove me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hi OP,

I enjoyed reading your story and your question about real men. IMO society has reduced men to much less than they should be. I live in the country, but have not always, i was born and raised in suburbia. Something I could point out almost immediately about men today to you, relates very much to the sheep, wolf, sheepdog thing mentioned in this thread, I have two points Id like to make.

1> I prefer to chop wood with an old fashioned axe. I need the exercise for one, and Id rather get my wood 100% free without having to constantly oil and fuel my chainsaws. I use chainsaws if we are low on firewood but mostly not. When friends and family come to visit from the city, they all think im some kind of scarey crazy guy because im using an axe. Its just a tool, but people are conditioned to think this is a deadly weapon and anybody using one is a threat and to be afraid. I raise this point because people have been tamed so much in the last 50-100 years, that people are afraid of something that would have been common place in every family home. Terrified in fact. Where are the real men gone? They live too far from nature in a fantasy TV land.

2> I remember years ago when i was about 16, i was on a train, and a very tough looking thug dressed up like a real bad guy, sitting with a group of his fellow thugs. They were drinking beers on the train and being generally rowdy and loud. I was sitting with a group of girls and we where traveling home from school for the day. At that age i was a big sort of guy, but still very young. The biggest thug of the group dressed in bikie type getup opened the window and dropped an empty out of the window which it probably smashed all over the tracks. The girls I was with all looked at me as if to say, do something. But I didn't need to, a very short man in his 40s probably complete with a cheap looking suit and thick glasses stood up immediately walked over to him, grabed his tshirt with a fist shaped grip and started yelling at the guy at the top of his lungs. Ill never forget what he said 'My children play on these train tracks you punk!' I couldnt beleive it, this little guy stood up to a gang of thugs over littering. The tough guy was afraid too. Funny that. This was probably 25 years ago now. I wonder if men like this still exist?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Right now the natural chaos of a jungle seems so more appealing than this contrived jungle of insanity that we have created for ourselves. There is no natural order here. Everything is contrived out of a desire for immediate gratification for the few. We think laws, policies, and enforcement through the police and military, will bring us order and peace? Is this what we are placing our faith in the future on? Please, save me the laughter. While parents play act like "good law abiding citizens", the government educates their kids and corporations entertain them. Both have no interest other than to fatten their own pockets and empower themselves.

Welcome to the Behavioural Sink...

In 1958, ethologist John B. Calhoun conducted over-population experiments on rats on a farmland in Rockville, Maryland which resulted in the publication of an article in the Scientific American of a study of behavior under conditions of overcrowding (Calhoun 1962), also referred to Crowding into the Behavioral Sink . This study that had a considerable influence (Ramsden & Adams 2009) has become a touchstone of urban sociology and psychology in general (Hock 2004); the term has passed into common use.

Calhoun provided a cage of rats with food and water replenished to support any increase in population, but the cage was fixed at a size considered sufficient for only 50 rats. Population peaked at 80 rats and thereafter exhibited a variety of abnormal, often destructive behaviors; his conclusion was that space itself is a necessity. Subsequent studies[who?] involving humans have shown it is not mere lack of space that causes the behavioral sink; it is the necessity for community members to interact with one another. When forced interactions exceed some threshold, social norms break down. Thus social density is considered more critical than geometric spatial density.

Notable conditions in the behavioral sink include hyperaggression, failure to breed and nurture young normally, infant cannibalism, increased mortality at all ages, and abnormal sexual patterns. Often, population peaks, then crashes. Actual physical disease, mental illness, and psychosomatic disorders increase. There are eating disorders; in human populations, drug and alcohol use rises.

The only known counter to the effect of the behavioral sink is to reduce the frequency and intensity of social interaction

en.wikipedia.org...

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

The following is a fairly recent overview by academics at the London School of Economics of Calhoun's work and very interesting it is too. Although Calhoun achieved recognition for his work, his concept; to help humanity to adapt to overcrowding and overcome these pitfalls, seems to have been turned upside down, and instead, the 'naturalness' of the Behavioural Sink has been emphasised and promoted as an inevitability to be accepted.

www2.lse.ac.uk...

edit on 18-8-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: correcting repetition

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
True Story here: My friend was at a beach overnight with his girlfriend in Santa Cruz, California and at around 1am they realized they left a bottle of Hennessey up in the car on top of the hill in the parking lot. So he went up to the car and left his girlfriend by the fire. When he was walking back from the car he saw by the fire 2 guys holding his girlfriend down and attacking her/trying to rape her. He ran down the hill and silently ran up behind the closest guy. He smashes the bottle on the guys face and knocks him out and then jumps on the other guy on top of his girlfriend and cuts his throat with the broken bottle. As you could imagine the 2 guys are completely helpless at this point so he grabs his girlfriend and carries her back up the hill to his car to go to the police. At the top of the hill where he was parked there was a cop giving out parking tickets for parking after midnight an the cop completely freaks out (understandably) and thinks he just caught a murder/kidnapping in progress. Long story short after the cop realizes there is two gang members dying on the beach an my friend Andrew saved his girlfriend they arrested him...Turns out even though he was outnumbered an saving a girl from rape because he used a weapon it wasn't equal force so it was assault with a deadly weapon...He tried self defense plea in court but was told equal force is all that is allowed so he was sentenced to 3 years in San Quentin. The only thing they did to reduce his Sentence was they gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was a crime of passion in extreme duress so they didn't give him 10yrs.. He still to this day says it was worth it and he'd do it again even though the state wont treat it any different than a ordinary crime.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
True Story here: My friend was at a beach overnight with his girlfriend in Santa Cruz, California and at around 1am they realized they left a bottle of Hennessey up in the car on top of the hill in the parking lot. So he went up to the car and left his girlfriend by the fire. When he was walking back from the car he saw by the fire 2 guys holding his girlfriend down and attacking her/trying to rape her. He ran down the hill and silently ran up behind the closest guy. He smashes the bottle on the guys face and knocks him out and then jumps on the other guy on top of his girlfriend and cuts his throat with the broken bottle. As you could imagine the 2 guys are completely helpless at this point so he grabs his girlfriend and carries her back up the hill to his car to go to the police. At the top of the hill where he was parked there was a cop giving out parking tickets for parking after midnight an the cop completely freaks out (understandably) and thinks he just caught a murder/kidnapping in progress. Long story short after the cop realizes there is two gang members dying on the beach an my friend Andrew saved his girlfriend they arrested him...Turns out even though he was outnumbered an saving a girl from rape because he used a weapon it wasn't equal force so it was assault with a deadly weapon...He tried self defense plea in court but was told equal force is all that is allowed so he was sentenced to 3 years in San Quentin. The only thing they did to reduce his Sentence was they gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was a crime of passion in extreme duress so they didn't give him 10yrs.. He still to this day says it was worth it and he'd do it again even though the state wont treat it any different than a ordinary crime.

Okay, the only way you an break a bottle on a human is if you kill the human in the process. hennessey bottles are hard to break. I call bs.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I DONT BELIEVE YOU

This whole thing read like too much of a fairytale or good guy/bad guy plot for me to believe you. You may have just tweaked a few things to suit you, but something about it doesnt sit right with me:
starting with:

I walked closer, and as the man threw his daughter to the ground he turned his focus solely on these women. He struck one of them so hard she hit the ground like she died. As he cocked his arm back to hit the other woman, I grabbed it and spun around his back to face him. Without hesitation he swung at me. I side stepped his blow and cracked my glass bottle of iced tea, that I just bought, over the front of his face. He fell to the ground unconscious.

This is purely my opinion but the way this reads to me is too much of a perfect storyline for me to believe.. in reality Most good martial artists I have seen will still cop a blow or two even in a real fight - did this engraged guy just let you get close to him, didnt say nothing?
As I said it may just be you tweaking the story but it seems like to much of the real life detail is missing for me.

IF it is true - good on you, I agree not many real men left. I appologise it did not seem real enough for me to be able to give you S & F
IF it is completely false - shame on you, you are one of the panzy men you write of
IF it is slightly tweaked - include some of the detail next time, it's ok to not be the perfect hero - real heroes often get take a few knocks to achieve their goal
edit on 18-8-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join