It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood On My Shirt - Where Are the Real Men At?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Most of the real men from this generation and the last have been locked in a box made from pure gold and hidden in a cave somewhere on Mt. Estrogen by Oprah and Dr. Phil.

True story.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Lately my emotional response to similar situations has left me on the verge of tears asking myself the very same question. My job requires semi annual trips into west Virginia coal country. Your experience is rather common there.

Between appointments I often have a couple hours to reflect on just how bad things have become. There is no rational explanation I can come up with to explain the confluence of environmental factors and the depraved response from human beings in this age.

MY conclusion is that as time continues to speed up, we human beings are being presented a lifetime of tests in a single year. This may very well be the endtime mentioned in the historical texts. We are being presented the opportunity to make good on the karmic debts of many past lives.

If my conclusion is correct, the tests shall only get more difficult in the coming months. There is hope. The more people who pass the difficult tests, as did the OP, the less severe and frequent other tests shall be.

It is not for me to judge, but I can imagine what may become of the four men who stood by. Finally, I do believe that some of us were placed here to play roles of aggressor and victim. Those very same people may have existed for that scene and that scene alone.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Hi Kro32,

Uhm, I would thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure you read what I posted. Or if you did, it seems you didn't understand. Is English your first language? Your response seems bizarre and disjointed, with no logical link to what you are referring to.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Millions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would step in if it was a teenager, someone's daughter. I would hesitate to "defend" the woman, depending on how she looked, and how brutal it was. If it was too violent, I'd step in, otherwise, I'd be careful. As already stated above, usually both the assailant and the "victim" are psychopaths, and they will both turn on you.

Drugs are a common element in these situations, and so is booze. You could end up having a mob beat you down, because that's how these people operate. They're subhuman, they are different from the rest of us.

These are the chances we have to take when we intervene.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
as someone already said, most of us are home with our families when this sort of thing goes down. The person out past 2000 hrs is 90% of the time not someone you want defending you.

There are real men. Cowboys and warriors. But we're home, not patrolling the streets.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but for many of the reasons people already said (look out for #1, victim attacking, etc.) I would not intervene anymore.
Women want to be equal to men in every way. Maybe that's not true. Women's rights always stop at negatives (draft, child custody, etc).
Today when stepping in risks getting beat down and facing legal problems, I will let women be equal adults and handle the problem. I would call 911 but that's it.
Only time I will step in now is for a child. I can't punish the innocent. Women are no longer innocent or allowed to be viewed as weak creatures today, and therefore I will not either.
When I see women fight for true equality instead of allowing paternal culture persist where they benefit and fight where it does not, then their hypocrisy condemns them to lose my protection.
Where a group fights for beneficial unequal treatment and get it, then let that society protect them.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

you strike a dude with a glass bottle then quote Gandhi lol. I think you might be confused. Real manly men hahaha get real guy, women and the media have been distorting the image of a real man for years. Its a tough guy no its a hard worker who makes enough money to care for his family, no its cold man who doesn't give a damn about anything and never gets hurt. Truth is nobody really knows what a real man is.

A real man is someone who stands up for what he knows is right.. such is the case in this story. I would have done the exact same thing. violence is a last resort, but "please stop kind sir" would not have made this sh** stain of society stop beating the women. Gandhi was a peaceful activist, but he also believed in fighting for what you know is right...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
People are saying never hit a woman, ever. That means then they should also never face the death penalty for anything either, even murder. What a load of codswallop. If a women is bashing a person with a stick or a bat, the person should not hit her to stop her from killing them. Come on get a grip. There are exceptions. Women can fire weapons too, they can kill people too.

Equal is equal. Are we equal or not? I don't condone hitting a woman that poses no threat, but if a woman is threatening to or injuring one of my children she better be prepared to get decked. No adult damages my child while I look on. No matter who or what they are.

Every circumstance is different. We must decide the best we can in the circumstance. We cannot be always perfect in the heat of the moment.

I repeat if a woman is harming my child phisically and I need to damage her to stop it I will. If it is her child I would think twice, if it was not my child or her child I would act as i it were my child. But I would need to know that for sure.

I can't believe intelligent people make such general statements as, there is never any reason ever to hit a woman ever, thats poppycock.

Wannabe perfect hero's. Watch a woman beat you're mother with a bat and not hit her with something to stop her would you ?

Unbelievable. Unrealistic. Each situation is different no two are the same.

We do what we think we need to do, hopefully with some thought and consideration beforehand.

Most women these days would laugh in the face of a real man if he asked them out, then go with some loser punk. Haha, they also get the reality they make, as do we.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

I think it was unwise to bottle the guy, I don't know where about's in the world you reside but over here in the UK that would land you in serious trouble.

Sir, you must have never been in a heavy fight. You dont have time to think about bureaucrats or laws, you respond with the appropriate amount of force necessary to quell the scenario and worry about details later. Any person with common sense in the judicial field would relieve him of his charges because he stopped a man from beating females. However, common sense is not very common these days

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Why do women stay in abusive relationships? Do they think they can change their caveman boyfriend? There is no excuse. A man gets physical, you get out. Because you can be gaurenteed it WILL happen again!

Funny story bro, but the answer to that is easy.

The ladies know exactly what there doing when they stay with there caveman boyfriends.

Most know exactly what there doing, the only troubles that they are worried about is if it gets beyond there control. Because it is about control. That's why they wait around for those males who go to them, because those who go to them are more easily controlled then those who don't.

And with females it is usually about only a couple of things and control is one of them.

You see most times when females use words like I just want to "change him". That is just code for. "I think I can control him". And the easiest creature to control are...dum, dum, dum,... drum roll please...... horny males or males under natures programming to mate. Because there very predictable.

It's been done since before Babylon, even the war machine has used that fact in babylon and ashur and even way before then, and it is even used today. After all how many guys you know who went off to some war for a sweet little thing, only to come back and find her with some other guys.

And even the sheeple have been granted that knowledge. And that knowledge is in the form off.....Sex sells.

But anyways

So yes if it really is abusive then just move on, because its not all that it seems, and it takes all kinds, and some are really abusive and should just move on. And I ain't saying its all like that, and always about control.... But as you see it's not so black and white as most people think, and usually there is no innocent party involved, only different degrees of guilty by both and all party's involved.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity

you strike a dude with a glass bottle then quote Gandhi lol. I think you might be confused. Real manly men hahaha get real guy, women and the media have been distorting the image of a real man for years. Its a tough guy no its a hard worker who makes enough money to care for his family, no its cold man who doesn't give a damn about anything and never gets hurt. Truth is nobody really knows what a real man is.

A real man is someone who stands up for what he knows is right.. such is the case in this story. I would have done the exact same thing. violence is a last resort, but "please stop kind sir" would not have made this sh** stain of society stop beating the women. Gandhi was a peaceful activist, but he also believed in fighting for what you know is right...

What is everyone's obsession with this mythical 'real man'? You say a real man is someone who stands up for what he knows is right. Well isn't a real woman also one who stands up for what she knows is right? So why do we obfuscate this issue by throwing gender I'm the mix, instead of discussing the moral decay of humans in general?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus

Originally posted by ConspiraCity

What is everyone's obsession with this mythical 'real man'? You say a real man is someone who stands up for what he knows is right. Well isn't a real woman also one who stands up for what she knows is right? So why do we obfuscate this issue by throwing gender I'm the mix, instead of discussing the moral decay of humans in general?

Gender aside, the principle should be the same for anyone. This incident was a Man, that's the only reason I'm saying Man.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I'm mostly a passive lurker of this site. I enjoy reading the interesting things that people post, but generally feel that my knowledge pertaining to the subject matter really won't lend much to the conversation. However, in this instance I felt compelled to reply.

Not every woman in an abusive relationship has 100's of reason why she wants to stay with her abuser. In fact, mostly we have 100's of reason why we fear for our lives. We know we need to leave, but we know all too well the danger we are risking in doing so. To generalize in such a manner is incorrect, to say the least.

I can't speak for every woman out there who is in or has been in an abusive relationship. I can however, speak for myself when I say that the reasons we may stay has nothing to do with love. It has everything to do with fear. It took a lot of planning for me to execute an escape plan. I have children, and I knew that I needed to protect them above all else. I was willing to risk my life, I was not however, willing to risk theirs. So in the meantime, I did what I could to keep him happy. I didn't give him any reason to believe that I would leave. I had developed quite the poker face. Outwardly, this may have led others to believe that I would never leave him, but all along, that was exactly what I intended to do.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't assume that all abused woman are idiots,or gluttons for punishment. We're not weak, and we're not broken. It's just that sometimes, and more often than not, the solution isn't as easy as just leaving. Just leaving can get you killed.
edit on 19-8-2011 by King1106 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I think that you are confirming one of the points that the OP makes in his post.

Some women have taken on the attitude that if you want it done, you had better do it yourself. Some find themselves in the position of having to be self sufficient and self defending. This is not a new phenomena but the number of women taking this position seems to have increased over the years.

I have to say that I have noticed that some women are opining the lost of the kind of man that is willing to step up to the plate and take charge but they are quick to decry that they don't want a man to rule over them. It takes a little more than feminine wiles to juggle a satisfactory relationship where both the man and woman are equal partners; where love, respect and friendship combine to make a happy home.

I agree with the others here that MSM has been quite successful at distorting the image for both men and women as to what is a real man or a real woman. When we have people spending more time watching sitcoms, movies, and these new ridiculous reality shows, instead of interacting with each other and developing true relationships, we end up with more dysfunctional relationships and families.

Young people are constantly bombarded with digital images and spend the majority of their time communicating with or through machines, than with individuals. I can see a continuation and a widening of the the divide, not just between the sexes but between people as a whole.

I think that we have a problem and I will admit that am clueless as to a solution. Of course, since I am at this time also communicating by benefit of a machine, in one of the social mediums that I describe as part of the problem, then I guess in some ways I am contributing to the problem as well. I guess the solution will be found with the development of a balance between man/woman and machine, but I think it is time that people started spending more time sitting at the same table.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by King1106

I'm mostly a passive lurker of this site. I enjoy reading the interesting things that people post, but generally feel that my knowledge pertaining to the subject matter really won't lend much to the conversation. However, in this instance I felt compelled to reply.

Not every woman in an abusive relationship has 100's of reason why she wants to stay with her abuser. In fact, mostly we have 100's of reason why we fear for our lives. We know we need to leave, but we know all too well the danger we are risking in doing so. To generalize in such a manner is incorrect, to say the least.

I can't speak for every woman out there who is in or has been in an abusive relationship. I can however, speak for myself when I say that the reasons we may stay has nothing to do with love. It has everything to do with fear. It took a lot of planning for me to execute an escape plan. I have children, and I knew that I needed to protect them above all else. I was willing to risk my life, I was not however, willing to risk theirs. So in the meantime, I did what I could to keep him happy. I didn't give him any reason to believe that I would leave. I had developed quite the poker face. Outwardly, this may have led others to believe that I would never leave him, but all along, that was exactly what I intended to do.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't assume that all abused woman are idiots,or gluttons for punishment. We're not weak, and we're not broken. It's just that sometimes, and more often than not, the solution isn't as easy as just leaving. Just leaving can get you killed.

My wife was married to an abusive former marine/acloholic/meth head. I know exactly where you're coming from.

Took a lot for me not to kill him.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I believe you are right. In my state, there is what is called a Good Samaritan law that supposedly protects you from liability
if you try to help a victim, say involved in an auto accident, and unknowingly do something damaging. In some courts depending on the judge, that extends to intervention on behalf of a victim of violence. However, law enforcement and prosecutors, will routinely "try" to go for a criminal charge any way they can. My policy-- keep the cops out of any altercation, if you can. Today's criminal injustice system has ,for the most part, taken away any discretionary judgement that law enforcement officers formally had in the past, before the "serve and protect" motto became "arrest and prosecute" . The system has turned officers into pimps of the court and the courts into extortion vehicles for the judges and lawyers. Some of the reply's advocating one to immediately call the police are terribly naive as to how the system really works. From a former state law enforcement officer.........

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think women defend strangers more than men do because men don't feel as connected to society as women do in genreal. Men tend to think if this does not benifit me, I will not do it. If they don't know you they don't care. This isn't the case with all men as I have first hand experience with a male stranger helping a dear friend of mine. She was walking to a bus stop early in the morning when a rapist grabbed her, dragged her into the bushes and tried to rape her. A man came out of an apartment building and chased him away.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by King1106

Thank you for telling your story..and explaining what it can really be like to live with someone like that.

So happy you got away..and I hope there are others out there putting on the poker face, but secretly planning the getaway.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lisaloeb1214
I think women defend strangers more than men do because men don't feel as connected to society as women do in genreal. Men tend to think if this does not benifit me, I will not do it. If they don't know you they don't care. This isn't the case with all men as I have first hand experience with a male stranger helping a dear friend of mine. She was walking to a bus stop early in the morning when a rapist grabbed her, dragged her into the bushes and tried to rape her. A man came out of an apartment building and chased him away.

There's a few of us out here. How many? I don't know.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker46
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I believe you are right. In my state, there is what is called a Good Samaritan law that supposedly protects you from liability
if you try to help a victim, say involved in an auto accident, and unknowingly do something damaging. In some courts depending on the judge, that extends to intervention on behalf of a victim of violence. However, law enforcement and prosecutors, will routinely "try" to go for a criminal charge any way they can. My policy-- keep the cops out of any altercation, if you can. Today's criminal injustice system has ,for the most part, taken away any discretionary judgement that law enforcement officers formally had in the past, before the "serve and protect" motto became "arrest and prosecute" . The system has turned officers into pimps of the court and the courts into extortion vehicles for the judges and lawyers. Some of the reply's advocating one to immediately call the police are terribly naive as to how the system really works. From a former state law enforcement officer.........

I'd be inclined to generally agree on the cops wanting to make a collar, but in this case, there are witnesses, including the victims. Here in NM, when they reinstated concealed carry, the first incident by a CCW holder was a guy who was standing in line behind a woman in WalMart when her boyfriend came in and started stabbing her. He drew on him and shot him to stop the attack, killing him. The CCW holder was not charged. He might have been detained and/or arrested, but that's strictly procedural until the police could sort out the details.

Actually, if you ever find yourself in that situation, you might actually want to be arrested and get an attorney to speak on your behalf so that you are properly exonerated rather than getting railroaded by a cop who has something against CCW holders..

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join