It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 first responders left out of 10th-anniversary event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I just wanted to post this cuz it really made me mad.
I know that a lot of people lost loved ones on that and they should not be forgotten but to neglect those who made willing sacrifices and still suffer from that choice is horrible.

President Obama will be there. So will former president George W. Bush and former New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani. And, of course, the current mayor, Michael Bloomberg, will attend.

It made me wonder, if this was going to be more a political rally for these "leaders" to rally more support for thier causes.
While i can understand that having a crowd of more than 90,000 at an event like this could be cause for concern, especially with all the controversy, but these were the heroes of the day, these were the men and women who rushed in without thought for thier own safety to help others.

But then i keep reading and i only get more upset...

And, in fact, first responders have never been officially invited to the events.

Is this true, ill admit a certain level of ignorance on this topic, i dont always read all the articles about it because it stirs up a lot of emotion for me.

Is this accurate? My initial thoughts were that the politicians involved keep them out because of the frustration they express about thier treatment (both socially and medically in some cases)
Any one care to share with me some insight on this?

Source

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
They are being invited and celebrated at a separate, later event.

They haven't been slighted. They're just splitting up the events.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

well i guess thats not a bad thing in that case, ive been looking for info on it but i can only find rehashings of older controversies, thanks

new topics

join