It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ProACTIVE Willful Thinking..Lets discuss the next step..Ron Paul's V.P. candidate..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Greetings Neighbors,
First let me address the feelings I have when I hear the most Honorable Man in Politics.. I feel sadness, tears well up everytime I hear the man speak. It breaks my heart that anyone would attack him. The Utter Refreshing feeling I get when I hear hum speak. The True Hope I have when i hear him, America Is Not dead YET..And this man has revived the comatose populace (some anyway)..

Now, to my topic...

1. Who should The Man choose as his running mate?
2. Could you please provide us a little info on said selection?
3. Who would you Like it to be/ And who do you Think it will be?
4. Who should it Not be?
5. anyone unknown that might come 'outta nowhere'
6. Who are 'wolves in sheeps clothing' aka NWO/Bilderber/Rothschild/etc. agents and/or possible 'turncoats'
7. Any other thoughts, suggestions, enlightening choices ?

And neighbors, feel free to add to this, hijack it (if thought provoking and Constructive)

My Goal is to gain knowledge about 'who's out there" as of right now i'm undecided..but here are my preliminary choices going off of who I know/like as of now

1. Mike Gravel--dude is awesome, honest, and please watch the last presidential debates for more on him..
2. Dennis Kucinich -- seems better than most congressmen
3. Ralph Nader -- don't know fully, but 'sounds good' or am I uninformed?
4 Bernie Sanders -- I would like dirt on this one, sounds too good..
5. Jesse Ventura -- appears beyond bribery risks (lobbyists)
6. Im sure there are perhaps much better people that Im just ignorant to..

P.S. Mods please if this has been generated elsewhere in the last few months then by all means..........

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Can't we just clone him and make a Ron Paul "Mini Me"?

This VP thing may be RP's downfall...

BTW: If you think RP is unelectable now, choosing Ralph Nader as his running mate would be the guy's Coupe de Gras.
edit on 17-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'd suggest Paul's bother or son.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
I'd suggest Paul's bother or son.

That would be a good way to lose an election,

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Paul knows what he is doing
do not let this devilish game play
distract you from-
THE RON PAUL TIPPING POINT!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think Dennis Kucinich would make a good running mate. He and Paul have the same view on several issues. There are some issues they don't agree on but that would give a good balance to the Presidency.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Hey rebeldog.

I need to do some more checking into the guy, but so far I'm impressed with the suggestion of Walter Williams one of the posters over at the Daily Paul brought to my attention.

Otherwise, I like Andrew Napolitano somewhat, but would have to do some thinking on any other options to come up with more names.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ron Paul/Gary Johnson.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I need to do some more checking into the guy, but so far I'm impressed with the suggestion of Walter Williams one of the posters over at the Daily Paul brought to my attention.

Walter Williams is a great economist, but not VP material.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I haven't done a lot of digging on him yet. Would you be able to provide your thoughts as to why not a good pick for VP?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
On your list,you had Jessie Ventura.I think he would be a good choice,because his approach to most things is blue-collar,but not dumbed down.Also,his military service,combined with his other endeavors shows a motivated man who is unafraid to get to work ,and experience with multiple levels of society.
As far as any turncoats or sabateurs goes,I would include in that list anyone who is a shameless self promoter who has no real experience with any situations that require hardcore commitment with no guaruntee of success at the finish.In other words,people who only play it safe 100% of the time,and flip flop like a trout freshly caught.There is a vast difference between reaching a happy middle ground with people of other opinions,and twisting as the wind blows with no identifiable center.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I haven't done a lot of digging on him yet. Would you be able to provide your thoughts as to why not a good pick for VP?

Thanks in advance.

Well to me it's mostly about his age and popularity.

He isn't that popular and he's the same age as Ron Paul. I don't think too many people will like him to pick a VP that old. If you remember age was a huge problem for John Mccain, a lot of people didn't vote for him because of his age and him picking Sarah Palin made it even worse.

Ron Paul needs a younger and intelligent VP.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Q1. Who should The Man choose as his running mate?
A1. Dennis Kucinich

Q2. Could you please provide us a little info on said selection?
A2. They have great chemistry and Kucinich is very much the Ryu to his Ken.

Q3. Who would you Like it to be/ And who do you Think it will be?
A3. Honestly, I'd like Cynthia McKinney for her anti-war stance (and Green Party affiliation). If you notice, every strong anti-war politician gets accused of racism and she and Dr. Paul have much in common regarding that. However, I'm super afraid he might choose a republican.

Q4. Who should it Not be?
A4. Any republican or mainstream democrat.

Q5. anyone unknown that might come 'outta nowhere'
A5. Jesse Ventura would be pretty sweet. If you mean really unknown, I'd have to say "me".

Q6. Who are 'wolves in sheeps clothing' aka NWO/Bilderber/Rothschild/etc. agents and/or possible 'turncoats'
A6. Any mainstream democrat or republican. Mind you, I mean mainstream. There are some (like three) that think for themselves and don't play the left/right game.

Q7. Any other thoughts, suggestions, enlightening choices ?
A7. Whoever it is needs to also bang the anti-war drum just as loud. Because that's why many (perhaps all) of his democratic supporters actually support him. He needs a running mate that will assure voters that his foreign policy legacy would live on in any unfortunate events where the VP would have to step in.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

A3. Honestly, I'd like Cynthia McKinney for her anti-war stance (and Green Party affiliation). If you notice, every strong anti-war politician gets accused of racism and she and Dr. Paul have much in common regarding that. However, I'm super afraid he might choose a republican.

That would be pulling the trigger on the loaded gun pointed at his temple.

It would be difficult to find a worse candidate. Perhaps Louis Farrakhan. Or Malik Zulu Shabazz.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
VP option for Ron Paul = Paul Ryan
or
Rand Paul???

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Cuervo

That would be pulling the trigger on the loaded gun pointed at his temple.

It would be difficult to find a worse candidate. Perhaps Louis Farrakhan. Or Malik Zulu Shabazz.

You just proved my point. Anti-war politicians are always accused of racism. I could cite things that make it sound like Ron Paul is racist just like you did with Cynthia. We are both grown-ups, though, and can see the bigger picture.

You aren't alone; many people wouldn't see past that which is why it's simply fleeting fantasy for me. If she ran against Dr. Paul, though... he'd be screwed. He'd lose every single anti-war liberal voter to her.

Think about what I said about the anti-military industrial complex politicians... they all have percieved character flaws like racism or addictions. Simple character assassination by the war lobby. Just wait. They'll be at Dr. Paul's throat within weeks with something ugly.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
VP Alex Jones

Never in a million years would that happen!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This Guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ec3cb322578.jpg[/atsimg]

and as a Canadian,,
i might add,,
he respects
Canadian
Military,
So ya if i was Harper,,
id back this guy as well,,
a Canadian.

But hurry,, he is a busy guy,,
and gonna be running the C.I.A.

soon.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

If she ran against Dr. Paul, though... he'd be screwed. He'd lose every single anti-war liberal voter to her.

He wouldn't lose me.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You just proved my point. Anti-war politicians are always accused of racism. I could cite things that make it sound like Ron Paul is racist just like you did with Cynthia. We are both grown-ups, though, and can see the bigger picture.

You aren't alone; many people wouldn't see past that which is why it's simply fleeting fantasy for me. If she ran against Dr. Paul, though... he'd be screwed. He'd lose every single anti-war liberal voter to her.

Think about what I said about the anti-military industrial complex politicians... they all have percieved character flaws like racism or addictions. Simple character assassination by the war lobby. Just wait. They'll be at Dr. Paul's throat within weeks with something ugly.

First of all, her racism came out in full force in 2006 , with her NBPP security entourage following her defeat in a primary. And, war is a secondary issue at best...it's the economy these days, bunky. Here's a link:

Link

Then there is the issue of her mental instability. The incident with the Capitol Police that asked her for ID is a primary example.

new topics

top topics

join