It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am very skeptical of Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here's the theory I'm working with at the moment.

The last several Presidential candidates have been the proverbial smooth talkers. They've said literally anything they thought the electorate wanted to hear during the debates, and prior to election. The gullibility displayed during the celebration of Obama's win was disgraceful, but I admit that even I fell for it.

Rockefeller and his cabal know that this time, however, that the usual routine isn't going to work. As dumb as the public usually is, they've used the standard bait and switch one too many times. So this time, they're trying something different.

They're pretending to cast Paul as a maverick, a renegade, and an outsider. They're telling the MSM not to touch him; yet at the same time, they're making sure that just enough publicity is getting out about him, that he remains visible in people's minds. If Fox News' chairman didn't want to air anything about Ron Paul, the video in the OP would not have happened. Rupert Murdoch is afraid of him.

They still know exactly what people want to hear, so they're having Paul say it...and they're playing him up as supposedly the one honest politician left in the entire establishment; the country's last possible hope.

Watch what happens, however, if he makes it into power. Just watch.
edit on 17-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

The last several Presidential candidates have been the proverbial smooth talkers.

I find this far from the truth. GWB, Palin, McCain, Kerry, Hillary...
Those five names are very, very far from the proverbail smooth talker. Obama, yes. Bill Clinton, yes, but the rest of thse fields, not so much.

If Fox News' chairman didn't want to air anything about Ron Paul, the video in the OP would not have happened. Rupert Murdoch is afraid of him.

Which OP are you talking about here, there is no video in your OP at all.
edit on 17-8-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I follow your line of thought... but I disagree. Paul is a pariah. He has been consistently ostracised by the establishment for as long as he has been in Congress. If he makes it through and gets elected, he will follow in Kennedy's footsteps, unfortunately. They leanred what can happen when someone like Kennedy makes it through. They'll do their level best to prevent it. And if they fail... they'll rely on their final solution to the problem.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Im not realy that versed in American politcs ect, Ron paul seems like a bit of a folk hero
around these parts though, so keep your head below the parapet

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I HOPE this can help...

the RON PAUL tipping point..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do not be skeptical, embrace LIBERTARIAN-ISM!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
They'll do their level best to prevent it. And if they fail... they'll rely on their final solution to the problem.

Assuming that he is legitimate, though, can they really afford to shoot him? How many more times can the public witness the assassination of a President with a marginal degree of integrity, before they lose faith in the system entirely?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I used to think the same thing, but the lack of hope was killing me.

Is RP a fall guy by design? Who knows. Only time will tell. Until then, I think he has the best message of any president in modern history and I will support him till he no longer earns such.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The difference between Paul and Kennedy though is that Kennedy was an active President. Ron Paul's ideas are far enough outside of the mainstream that he won't get much through Congress at all and he is known for not compromising.

This means he won't get much accomplished other than what he can do alone as President. Whoever is running the world will just wait him out as he won't do any damage rather than turning him into a martyr.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If Paul turns out to just be a really good smooth talker, I trust that the majority that voted for him would hold him to his original values. And if or when he doesn't, we won't make excuses for his broken promises. Refer to signature if you may.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
The difference between Paul and Kennedy though is that Kennedy was an active President. Ron Paul's ideas are far enough outside of the mainstream that he won't get much through Congress at all and he is known for not compromising.

It's true. Genuine desire for freedom has never been popular.

The really sad thing, however, is that most of the people here visibly do not have a real hunger for liberty themselves, either. They still want a surrogate father figure; they just think that Paul's rhetoric means that maybe he won't beat them quite as often, or drink as much.
edit on 17-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I don’t mind Paul but the old saying “Dear Jesus, please save me from your followers” comes to mind whenever I hear a Paul supporter talk. He’s good in congress, but as his newsletter dispatches from the 80’s and 90’s makes clear, hes not presidential material.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Nah I don't agree with your theory at all.

I feel the reason he is ignored is because TPTB are scared of him.
They don't need a stick stirring up the worker bees.

Just imagine if he showed all Americans the real truth behind taxes!
Imagine the people's reactions to the truth getting out!

I do feel they will try everything in their power to get Perry in.
But the American public will know, if we all voted for Paul, and get "X"...let the riots begin.

Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm skeptical of your skepticism

oh, and a little Jon Stewart for ballance:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by kozmo

This means he won't get much accomplished other than what he can do alone as President. Whoever is running the world will just wait him out as he won't do any damage rather than turning him into a martyr.

"he won't get much accomplished "

Interesting

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I am Not much in to politics. But it seems to me That Ron Paul is to good to be true. He doesn't act phased by these other people and laughs at the news being afraid of him. I get this itchy feeling cus He is allot like a folk hero. Mamma always told me you get nothing for nothing.. And Nothing is free..

Therian

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
I don’t mind Paul but the old saying “Dear Jesus, please save me from your followers” comes to mind whenever I hear a Paul supporter talk.

Exactly. I'm seeing it here as well. Like I said; it's cultic.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
www.rense.com...

Ron Paul - Cult Mentality Among Some Supporters?

This article is giving expression to some of my own concerns.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm more afriad of Ron Paul supportors than I am of Ron Paul....

I'm more afriad of Sarah Palin haters than her supportors....WoW...what's going on here...I say hmmmmmm...

I'm not afriad of Barack Obama supports or haters...same with bush....and clinton....I guess I have some issues to work out...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by SirMike
I don’t mind Paul but the old saying “Dear Jesus, please save me from your followers” comes to mind whenever I hear a Paul supporter talk.

Exactly. I'm seeing it here as well. Like I said; it's cultic.

Alright, name one other guy who has supported liberty and hes the track record to do so...

What? No one?!?

And you call the supporters "cultist". If you only have one option, it doesn't mean you have to just say "oh # it, I support no-one. At least I'm still a non-conformist mann."

Oh wait, I was wrong. There were some politicians that supported liberty like he did. you may have heard of them...

THE FOUNDING FATHERS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

What is there to fear?!?

I dont get it. It's not like if RP wins his supporters will loot, pillage, and rape. If hes elected we may actually have a chance at decent domestic, foreign, and economic policy. Whats so bad about that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join