It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fundamentalist Christians ‘spanked’ daughter to death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

CNN’s Gary Tuchman reported Monday on a fundamentalist Christian couple who killed their 7-year-old adopted daughter while practicing a violent form of discipline.

They reportedly beat their nine children regularly because they thought God wanted them to. Both parents were jailed after pleading guilty to the crime and the surviving children are now in foster homes.

Perhaps the only consolation is that child abusers and molesters suffer horribly in the joint.
This thread is in no way whatsoever meant to be an indictment of all Christians but just an illustration of the dangers of extremism in all it's forms.
edit on 17-8-2011 by whaaa because: take out the trash

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes, I already posted yesterday. Very, very sad story.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
Yes, I already posted yesterday. Very, very sad story.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This story deserves coverage and you can start threads in different forums on the same subject.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of Christians murdering people lately........i know i know, they arent TRUE Christians, like the crusaders were just "pretending" to be christians lol

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Reading the biography of Frederick Douglas he said the people the Slaves feared the most were the very christian Slave owners.

They were often the most brutal and would quote the scripture while beating them and they felt justified because it was in the bible.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
that is sickening.

Does their God actually condone this or are they sick in the head? I think the second.

Instant death penalty if it was up to me for them. I know it wouldn't solve anything but it's what they deserve.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well, spare the rod spoil the child.

Now the kid will certainly be spoiled - all the meat on her bones are going to spoil.

I'm sure it was worth it. Parents with no coping skills compensate by beating their children.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Umm ... the kids werent "spanked" they were beaten. A not so subtle difference.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"suffer the little children". religion is a filthy dirty racket.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Elvis Hendrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Umm ... the kids werent "spanked" they were beaten. A not so subtle difference.

Spanking is hitting. It's just a politically correct way of saying "I hit my child". It is also a way hitting parents can feel good about themselves for hitting someone smaller than themselves.

They are delusional, and they live in their delusion by pretending "god" told them to.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Why God never whispers in me some equation that may allow me to eat as much Burger King as I want with no calories counterpart? I don't doubt HIM, but I doubt his voice-in-my-head whisperings.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Spanking is hitting but hitting is not beating.
edit on 17-8-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

What those parents did to those kids was "torture" in the name of God.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm not disagreeing with that ... I am just pointing out that spanking a child is not the equivalent of beating a child.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The author of the book mentioned in the vid states as an example:
If my child hits his sister, I would then spank him with plumbing tube, belt.... whatever.
What kind of an example is that for a child?
If you hit someone its wrong and to show you how wrong it is i'm going to hit you

Messed up logic

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

I'm not disagreeing with that ... I am just pointing out that spanking a child is not the equivalent of beating a child.

Who determines when spanking ends and beating begins? When my dad used to "spank" me with his belt, he left welts on my butt and when he "slapped" me he left welts on my face. I still rejected his authority and became even more rebellious. I celebrated when he died; I hope you rot in hell Bill ******!!!
edit on 17-8-2011 by whaaa because: code 45

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by amazed

Spanking is hitting but hitting is not beating.
edit on 17-8-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

So you say, if you spank someone, you hit them. How do you feel being such a person who chooses to hit someone so very much smaller than you?

What? Can't figure out how to parent without going the easy route of hitting? It actually takes a lot of thought to learn how to teach instead of hit. Choosing to hit, is choosing the easy street, except the children don't have it easy, only the parents, until those children start growing up.

99% of criminals were spanked as children. That should be a very thought provoking statistic.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
99% of criminals were spanked as children. That should be a very thought provoking statistic.

I'm pretty sure 90 or 95% of non-criminals were also spanked as children.

Sometimes parents feel the need to make the point physically to "get the child's attention." My rule was that if I had to spank them, it was 3 swats and then I stopped. My grandfather was abusive and my family has rather violent tempers. I knew how dangerous I could get if I was in a rage.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Reading the biography of Frederick Douglas he said the people the Slaves feared the most were the very christian Slave owners.

They were often the most brutal and would quote the scripture while beating them and they felt justified because it was in the bible.

Yeah, I remember reading that in college for some class I took. That's the trouble with physical discipline implemented by adults on children, the adults are so much stronger and can do so much damage. Keeping their anger in check is another issue. Well, obviously these people had bigger issues....
edit on 19-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Sometimes parents feel the need to make the point physically to "get the child's attention." My rule was that if I had to spank them, it was 3 swats and then I stopped. My grandfather was abusive and my family has rather violent tempers. I knew how dangerous I could get if I was in a rage.

Not trying to make for a redundant conversation, but how can you differentiate between the two? Can you not get their attention in another way? The child sees the slapping and the beating in the same way. They learn to respect out of fear of being hit rather than learning why the action that took place was wrong. Would it not make more sense to teach rather than act on such an impulse and hit?

edit on 28-9-2011 by Tony4211 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join