It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of government would you create?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
With the Republican candidates debating to get a shot at their parties nomination for president and the 2012 presidential election coming soon. People favoring Ron Paul or another politician to vote for president. A thought came to me from the heavens. The light bulb came on and I decided to have a survey. A survey which ask any user what kind of government would they create if they had their own country. Picture yourself having your own country and enforcing any kind of government you'd like to see. What forum of politics would you like over another? Would you like to have a Communist government or a strong libertarian government with a free market capitalistic system? Mix it or even blend it! Let's get creative here! Share how your views on how a government should run and what laws will be better for your countrymen. I'll start off; since I'm terrible at giving examples.

Government: I would like a to see a classical liberal or traditionalist conservatism form of government. People have rights and they cannot be taken away. As well a government who would govern the country then enslaving the citizens. Traditional Conservatism
Classical Liberalism

Economy: Capitalism

Military: Strong military: Big Stick ideology A country and it's people will have to defend themselves and always be ready just in case hell breaks lose.

Hopefully I explained in good detail my points.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If I was in charge I would pick an Absolute Monarchy.

If I wasn't in charge I would pick Consociationalism.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'd take it back and create a government that was as exact a replica of ancient Egypt as I could make it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My military would **O*N*L*Y** be for self defense, NEVER "policing" and meddling. Everyone's food would be untampered with. I would make it unmistakeably illegal for any corporation to make and sell garbage to people, such as phony-ballony diet schemes and chemichalized "food". There would be no factory farms. If you wanted meat, you would have to hunt your own rabbit, pheasant, deer, and process it yourself.
edit on 17-8-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would build a government that uses common sense, something like this is a great start www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
My military would **O*N*L*Y** be for self defense, NEVER "policing" and meddling.

The best defence is a good offence.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My own government system would be fairly similar to the UK at present. The government itself would work hard to balance the ideals of equality of the populace with freedom of the individual. The last hereditary Lords would be abolished, and the entire house would be slightly expanded and replaced with various distinguished academics and other outstanding individuals without partisan allegiance. The Commons would remain supreme. A British bill of rights would be introduced. I'd like to take a look at replacing the FPTP electoral system. Generally the economy would be managed in a Corporatist manner, with the government stepping in to resolve disputes between business owners and labour interests.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Chosen dictatorship with veto right for the population. every 00 05 10 15 etc year there will be a new dictator If one dies, there will be the runnerup until we meet the year 05 10 15 etc again.
By dictator I mean, one man to make the choice, the population will not pay for political games/schemes/crap/over-discussed items like we do now, decisions can be made instantly with a 30 day veto trail. Veto needs a certain turnout and a 60% pro or con. Of course he/she will have advisors but they should advise on the topics and not political stance.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

So really you just want a much more powerful executive.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Peaceful and uncorrupted communism.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hard-core fascism systematically wiping out everyone on earth who isnt me.

Then, being the last human alive, I could finally sit in my hammock and listen to the birds without interference or worrying about some police/fed gestapo kicking my door down.

The complete eradication of every last human being other than myself.

Leaving just one other sets up the framework for war, tyranny, abuse, theft, etc...

I wish I could trust even just one other person to be civilized and mind their own business but it's abundantly clear I cannot. So you all have to go.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Achieving total freedom through destructive misanthropic tyranny. Sounds fantastic.
edit on 19-8-2011 by UngoodWatermelon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wars would only be fought if we were attacked.

All medical care would be free.

Cannabis would be legal and taxed.

Police would be screened weekly like NFL players for drugs and mental evaluations.

Power compaines would be asked to create a program to install backup solar power system for most homes, a new age free energy base in a 10 year program.

You see where im going lol.

edit on 19-8-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UngoodWatermelon
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Achieving total freedom through destructive misanthropic tyranny. Sounds fantastic.
edit on 19-8-2011 by UngoodWatermelon because: (no reason given)

Well, it's the only option left. The mass obviously doesnt want freedom so the mass must be removed from the equation.

You got a better idea?

They've had over 200 years to get it right in America and year after year they move decisively in the direct opposite direction.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

A Seperatist Government. Mainly we'd still be Capatilists, but you start a GD Corporation here, you use only civilians as labor, anybody transporting their offices out side of the USA or if outsourcing jobs would be severley tariffed to ship their crap product into our country, hire illegals you are shutdown, no ifs ands or buts about it, Military would be on our land only and not have a single base outside of US. Any imports would be tariffed from any other country, I'd open trade to Cuba because there's tariffs anyway...our taxes are ours to build our infastructure not a dime would go out for AID or loans to ANY country and WE WOULD NOT borrow from any country!!!! We'd take care of our infastructure and our labor force first, immigration would stay pretty much the same, except corporations would not be able to "Sponser" immigrants, only FAMILY could sponsor immigrant family members or residents can sponser the immigrants wanting to come here to university. Or you'd apply for immigration on your own. Those are/ would be the only ways to become a naturalized citizen, illegals would be deported and banned from ever gaining naturalization EVER! Ok What else? IDK, if you have any questions about any other policies feel free to reply with them.
edit on 19-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What do you need government for?

I blame the society.They made us believe we can't live without government.

Just think,what kind of the world would it be without governments.

A nice one.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

ONE THAT SETS A GLOBAL STANDARD THAT OTHER GOVS. WOULD LIKE TO FOLLOW W/O FORCE BUT BECAUSE OF LOGIC. Everything else should fall in line after wards.

edit on 8/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
You got a better idea?

Yes. Not murdering many billions in the name of a political ideal.

They've had over 200 years to get it right in America and year after year they move decisively in the direct opposite direction.

You don't think things such as the end of slavery, civil rights, woman's rights, homosexual rights, etc. are moves in the right direction?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UngoodWatermelon

Yes. Not murdering many billions in the name of a political ideal.

Wanting to live my life as I see fit is not a "political ideal." You cheapen liberty by lumping it into politics.

Wiping out billions is no more extreme than billions all rallying around my fence shouting "dont do that!" "you have to do this!" "give me that!" and pressing guns to my head to enforce their wishes.

Like a flower in a field not bothering a soul facing threats of plowing from all directions for committing the cardinal sin of existing.

You don't think things such as the end of slavery, civil rights, woman's rights, homosexual rights, etc. are moves in the right direction?

Those things havent changed one bit. They've simply been re-branded and marketed to the public in a populist fashion. As long as any body of authority exists there are no rights and we are all slaves.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Wanting to live my life as I see fit is not a "political ideal."

Actually it is.

Wiping out billions is no more extreme than billions all rallying around my fence shouting "dont do that!" "you have to do this!" "give me that!" and pressing guns to my head to enforce their wishes.

Once again I'd have to say that actually it is.

Like a flower in a field not bothering a soul facing threats of plowing from all directions for committing the cardinal sin of existing.

More of a dog on a leash, really.

Those things havent changed one bit.

Yes they have.

They've simply been re-branded and marketed to the public in a populist fashion. As long as any body of authority exists there are no rights and we are all slaves.

That's not true, as any voluntaryist would surely agree with me on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join