It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgellons: New Disease Reaching Pandemic Status

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
If on July 18th they indicated it as reaching pandemic status, why hasn't there been anything on it since then? Or maybe there has and I missed it?

I think you've gotten ahold of an article "with an agenda." It just said that the "terrifying disease" is "reaching pandemic status." I think they may have been talking to that "center for studying Morgellons" -- but from what I've seen, all the press from that group amounts to ... well, hysteria.

Like I told my students, "stop and think about what the words mean."

We had a flu pandemic recently. Hosptials were flooded with patients complaining of the flu. I knew fifteen people who had it (including nine of my students.) One adult friend died from it. I remember a day when about a third of my class was out with the flu. People and schools in other countries had similar experiences.

Are the hospitals in your city so full of patients that they're setting up annexes for them (as they were during the flu pandemic?) That's not happening in my city or in the cities around me. Are dermatology offices so full that they're turning patients away?

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia are two diseases that they thought were "just in the mind" -- but studies showed a set of symptoms that were very clear (once they paid attention) and could be distinguished with a 10 minute visit.

I wasn't impressed with that website, either. It's full of "the world is a scary place and modern life is killing us" stories. A lot of their evidence is "we just told you it's true, so it MUST be true!"

So ask you friends and family how many of them have strange fibers coming out of their skins and constant itching and have been to the doctor for it. And check to see how crowded the local dermatology offices are.

My money is on Scary Stories Bring Website Readers motivation here.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
My mother suffered from Morgellons disease

Was she put in isolation? How quickly?

We're talking a pandemic here and your mother could be responsible for spreading this highly contagious disease to hundreds of thousands of people!

Allegedly

.... unless there is no pandemic? but nah, why woud someone lie about that?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I can testify that it takes 6 months here in Gainesville for a new patient to get an appt at the dermatology offices.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I was wondering if you had pets at the time your mother had this condition?

See: Man's best friend Link
edit on 17-8-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)

Which was posted by seentomuch on page 2
edit on 17-8-2011 by relocator because: added link

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

It's good to keep in mind that "pandemic" simply refers to geological location occurrences; a disease that can be found in various parts of the world, presumed to have spread there. If it's a deadly disease then a pandemic can also imply an epidemic, especially if a large portion of the population is catching it. However, if a man-made super-bug is released from the laboratory, such was the case with H1N1 in the Mexico lab, and then labs around the world simultaneously release a copy, there we have a pandemic, even though it may not be highly contagious. Consider flu season during the H1N1 pandemic when big pharma advised doctors to stop testing for H1N1 and just assume that all flu symptoms are H1N1 -- it paved the way for a new (already patented and mass produced) vaccine which, upon close analysis, contained cancer-causing agents, toxins, foreign DNA and other morgellon horrors to our systems. I believe it's about depopulation. I believe big pharma is trying to kill us with the cure, or at least make us sick enough to buy more drugs. Pandemic is a scare tactic. Mosquitoes are pandemic. You can find them everywhere! That's no reason to declare a state of emergency or marshall law, but it's enough to warrant spraying morgellon goop all around the world. I think we're being duped again. Perhaps we will all be required to get an immunization shot to prevent morgellons, considering it's reaching pandemic status. It's all scare tactics and hype. Just how many millions of people are displaying the symptoms of Morgellons?
edit on 17-8-2011 by aufosg because: spelling correction

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I just looked up the symptoms of kundaLini syndrome and they are in know way similar. People who try to marginalize this type of information is the very thing stopping it from being truly studied.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What's with the sudden explosion of Morgellon threads? Isn't this old news, like from 2002? I swear morgellons have been all up in the news and everything.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgiaboy

I just looked up the symptoms of kundaLini syndrome and they are in know way similar. People who try to marginalize this type of information is the very thing stopping it from being truly studied.

crawling sensations, muscle twitching, pressure in the forehead and crown of head, massive heat rushes, fatigue, seeing flashes of light, hearing wooshing and buzzing sounds in the inner ear, bubbling sensations at chakra locations, muscle jerking, itching, insect bite types of welts,

yeh.. "know" where near similar....

ahem/// k so you get these symptoms and you go online convinced that your body is being invaded by parasites.... and you find morgellons syndrome online.. and get swallowed up by the fear-based culture that's surrounding this perception of the process...

or

go online researching spiritual emergence.. kundalini.. shaumbra.. ascension symptoms... and you enter a world of people supporting each other through the sometimes difficult symptoms that accompany your DNA shifting from 2 strands to 12 strands of DNA and the superhuman abilities that are to be expected in the near future...

....yes there are 2 paths you can go by.. but in the long run.. there's still time to change the road you're on...

...and it makes me wonder...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
My mother suffered from Morgellons disease and it was so deeply rooted they didn't really know how to treat it.. the filaments that were visible were small fibers that were colorful and actually flame resistant .. but these filaments went deep into the skin and seemed to connect to nerve tissue.. the only way to remove them from the surface that they tried was freezing them off and strangely enough after that, they all cleared away.. there's no trace now, not even inside her body.. this was several years back.. now we're in 2011, still no trace.

There's been no other such cases in my family or around here..

Any idea how she might have contracted it?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
If on July 18th they indicated it as reaching pandemic status, why hasn't there been anything on it since then? Or maybe there has and I missed it?

I think you've gotten ahold of an article "with an agenda." It just said that the "terrifying disease" is "reaching pandemic status." I think they may have been talking to that "center for studying Morgellons" -- but from what I've seen, all the press from that group amounts to ... well, hysteria.

Like I told my students, "stop and think about what the words mean."

We had a flu pandemic recently. Hosptials were flooded with patients complaining of the flu. I knew fifteen people who had it (including nine of my students.) One adult friend died from it. I remember a day when about a third of my class was out with the flu. People and schools in other countries had similar experiences.

Are the hospitals in your city so full of patients that they're setting up annexes for them (as they were during the flu pandemic?) That's not happening in my city or in the cities around me. Are dermatology offices so full that they're turning patients away?

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia are two diseases that they thought were "just in the mind" -- but studies showed a set of symptoms that were very clear (once they paid attention) and could be distinguished with a 10 minute visit.

I wasn't impressed with that website, either. It's full of "the world is a scary place and modern life is killing us" stories. A lot of their evidence is "we just told you it's true, so it MUST be true!"

So ask you friends and family how many of them have strange fibers coming out of their skins and constant itching and have been to the doctor for it. And check to see how crowded the local dermatology offices are.

My money is on Scary Stories Bring Website Readers motivation here.

I totally agree with what you're saying here. I'm the very last person to buy into scare tactics and I know behind everything is an agenda, or at least everything "they" tell you is a distraction from something else.

I just thought it was interesting to find this article where use words like "terrifying", and "pandemic", but they leave you hanging...

In my part of the world it will take you six months just to get an appointment for a physical. If you have to go to the emergency room for any reason you better cancel your plans for the next three days. It's ridiculous. We need referrals on top of referrals for everything. I'm lucky enough to have remained with the same health care practice for about 15 years so they'll make exceptions for me. Most doctors aren't even accepting new patients.

Yes, always have to ask what the motivation is. So... what is the writers motivation?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

yes there are 2 paths you can go by.. but in the long run.. there's still time to change the road you're on... and it makes me wonder

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Skorpiogurl, thank you for posting this.

I am still struggling getting a diagnosis for Fibromyalgia which has very simular symptoms.

I hope its not related...

Absolutely bizarre stuff...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Here's an update on the cause of Morgellons, seems most of the sufferers own pets and all the little parasites that come with them. Take proper care of your pets people, get them wormed and treated for fleas.

articles.sun-sentinel.com...

I'm not sure if it's related, however, this immediately triggered me to think of the neurotoxin available in flea and tick remedies like Advantage.

The active ingredient in Advantage Flea Treatment is imidacloprid, a neurotoxin which has been known to cause very serious adverse health problems, including thyroid, liver, spleen, heart, kidney, lung, brain and adrenal damage in laboratory animals.
from here.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Here's an update on the cause of Morgellons, seems most of the sufferers own pets and all the little parasites that come with them. Take proper care of your pets people, get them wormed and treated for fleas.

articles.sun-sentinel.com...

I'm not sure if it's related, however, this immediately triggered me to think of the neurotoxin available in flea and tick remedies like Advantage.

The active ingredient in Advantage Flea Treatment is imidacloprid, a neurotoxin which has been known to cause very serious adverse health problems, including thyroid, liver, spleen, heart, kidney, lung, brain and adrenal damage in laboratory animals.
from here.

Interesting. Thanks for the input...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I understand there to be a prevalence of RH- people with Morgellons.A negative to be exact.Apparently,A- blood is more alkaline than O- (Acidic)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Has anyone figured out exactly what Morgellons is? I read something the other day and it stated that Morgellons may be a new type of fungi. Regardless, this condition is fascination and horrific in the same breath.

I wonder if a certain "extract" may help with this condition. The "oil" seems to have positive effects on many things.
edit on 17-8-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

There are similar fungi in the animal kingdom that zombify their host and basically kill them. I wonder if this is the start of something really bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join