It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gullible Press Falls for GOP Letter Fraud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
But I am writing.

It's taking so long (about 8 publications deep so far), because I'm tailoring each letter to specifically address the failures of the Editor as a journalist as well as a human being (with a much needed critique of their staff photo), plus an aside for commentary on the general impression today's cover story leaves, such as this debacle currently inflicting the good people of the Greater Western Valley of Avondale, Buckeye, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolles...

It's no wonder they can't find time to check out sources. The Rapture is clearly upon them.

I've tripped the net as far west as Alaska, south to Florida and north to places I'm pretty sure have no state and am seeing a pattern. Some of these names are made up. (Plus it's not just that one paragraph, it's the whole letter.)

But until my order for NetDetective is processed, I simply can't be sure about "Miriam Zebrowski of Anchorage" can I?

Another thing that's slowing me down is tailoring letters for each of the Editor's staff and parent publishing company. I would abandon that approach but it seems to be having some impact.

Some of the links I clink (possibly from shared parent companies) now read Error File No Longer Valid. So I must hasten my attack. Surely they can't be corrected properly until I do it personally.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
How gullible can you be?
Sorry, but you're investing in something that's already been blown out of the water. You might wanna find some new and more reliable sources.

Nope. The Coalitional Provisional Authority IS the best news source
when it comes to what is happening over in Iraq. None of this has
been 'blown out of the water'. But if you prefer to listen to other
news sources than the people who are actually running things over
in Iraq, go ahead.

I agree the The Coalitional Provisional Authority IS the best news source...

After all The Coalitional Provisional Authority says that it is the most accurate source.. what other proof do you need?

Really how dare you question Flyers source of absolutly unbiased truth!?!

Wraith

[edit on 19-8-2004 by wraith30]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I love it! Great find there ECK!!!
I just hope this doesn't get buried and that someone in the major media networks picks this up...I think I'll send this to "The Daily Show With John Stewart". They seem tohave a nack for exploiting major screw ups that no one else has the balls to talk about.

Please do!

John Stewart rules! And is kicking "real" news' aZZ. They know it and can't stand it.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Nope. The Coalitional Provisional Authority IS the best news source
when it comes to what is happening over in Iraq. None of this has
been 'blown out of the water'. But if you prefer to listen to other
news sources than the people who are actually running things over
in Iraq, go ahead.

You must not be aware of the fact that there are actually folks over there covering this that aren't controlled embeds and paid sycophants. Do yourself a favor and broaden your horizons. You'd actually thank me for the advice.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I love it! Great find there ECK!!!
I just hope this doesn't get buried and that someone in the major media networks picks this up...I think I'll send this to "The Daily Show With John Stewart". They seem tohave a nack for exploiting major screw ups that no one else has the balls to talk about.

Please do!

John Stewart rules! And is kicking "real" news' aZZ. They know it and can't stand it.

You know it! I am always seeing stuff that get's posted here show up on The Daily Show. Ya know, for as goofy a show that it is, they are more honest with politics than any other show out there. I saw a survey showing that a huge percentage of college kids get their news info from the Daily Show (I don't quite know if that's necessarily a good thing though:lol
, but can you blame them?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Considering the resources they have for checking etc 'gullible' is about as easy as you can be on these guys.

Lazy, cullusive, biased, lying, prostituting, propagandising.....tell me I'm wrong to head down a track harder and much harsher than mere 'gullible'?

....but it's not like anything is going to happen to these 'houses' and 'statesmen' of the nations 4th estate, right?

They get top carry on misinforming and disinforming those who aren't open to the umteen sources of information you need to have to stand a chance of being even half informed of anything these days. right?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow, Busies have done a bad job this time. Usually they are able to come up with a few good excuses, but this time they seem to be lost. Using a newsource that is controlled by the government is like using KKK News Network to find out about how "good" the war on blacks is going. Sorry, use something a little more reliable and not controlled by Bush and Co.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Going on the word of the CPA about how its going in Iraq is like the Feds asking Gotti if he knows any mobsters breaking the law!

The good thing about John Stewart is that, although he uses comedy, he sears the biting truth right into the brain. It's wicked. Take that O'Reilly, you sniveling idiot.

I heard Stewart was on Nightline and he said something that REALLY pissed Koppel off. He cut Stewart off because of it. Had something to do with Stewart being matter of fact about "truth" in the media these days.

Go John!

And yeah, the Rovian tactics are looking more and more desperate and idiotic by the day.

RANT, way to go, man! Keep it up and PLEASE, keep us informed of whether or not you get any replies etc. etc. We gotta hear this.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The Coalitional Provisional Authority IS the best news source
when it comes to what is happening over in Iraq.

BWAAAAHHAHAHHHHAHAHA!!!

That's like asking a Grand Wizard on the proper way to celebrate Kwanza!!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Guess what? All that original letter writing was wearing my keys off.

Solution? Go to the source.

I looked into how that crafty George W was pulling this off on his website.

If you go here GeorgeWBush.com to the spam America's newspaper editors section (this guy is running for President?) it does it for you. It ALL for you.

Simply put in your zip code, or any old zipe code will do. And it brings up a list of all the newspapers in "your local area" allowing you to check off the ones you want to spam (I mean write)....but PLEASE PEOPLE..."limit to 5" per session as the GOP has some dignity.

Then it offers point and click phrases to "write" your letter. Here's what they suggest:

New job figures and other recent economic data show that America�s economy is strong and getting stronger � and that the President�s jobs and growth plan is working. The Labor Department announced that employers added 288,000 new jobs in April. In total, over 1.1 million jobs have been added since August, with 8 consecutive months of gains.

America has a choice: It can continue to grow the economy and create new jobs as the President�s policies are doing; or it can raise taxes on American families and small businesses, hurting economic recovery and future job creation.

President Bush�s pro-growth agenda, strong education system, and policies to help American workers gain the skills to secure good jobs are the right ways to respond to the challenges of our growing and changing economy.

The President�s jobs and growth policies have put the economy on the road to recovery, but there is more work to be done. The President has outlined a six-point plan to create even more job opportunities for America�s workers and keep America the best place in the world to do business. The plan includes: enabling families and businesses to plan for the future with confidence by making tax reductions permanent; making health care costs more affordable and predictable; reducing the burden of lawsuits on our economy; ensuring an affordable, reliable energy supply; streamlining regulations and paperwork requirements; and opening new markets for American products and services.

Here's what I wrote.

Hopefully by now dear Editor, you've come to realize as most of America that any letter containing the following phrase:

"New job figures and other recent economic data show that America�s economy is strong and getting stronger � and that the President�s jobs and growth plan is working. The Labor Department announced that employers added 288,000 new jobs in April. In total, over 1.1 million jobs have been added since August, with 8 consecutive months of gains."

...or any of three other prepackaged phrases currently being spammed en mass to newspaper editors via the georgewbush.com website (I'm using right now) is a woefully dishonest effort at misrepresenting genuine "public opinion."

In fact, the letter from this session is set to be sent to 5 of my "local" newspapers via the GW04 spam site, but I assure you I'll be sending more all over America just like the hundreds of Google returns currently showing these phrases in "letters to the editor" from papers all over the country.

They fooled you dear Editor.

I look forward to nationwide retractions and explanations soon, that is of course assuming the "free press" isn't complicit with this sort of deception.

And the thing went through! Ol' George thanked me and everything and told me to tell my friends to do the same.

I know it's working because I just got my first Editorial response. Cool guy. I feel sorta bad now (not really).

Hi [name],

We got a letter about this yesterday which I published in today's paper.
There is no way for me to screen every letter we get to see where the
language came from. I got an email response from the person in question
(name) to go ahead and publish the letter. If there's any good in all
this, the letter in question has generated some thoughtful responses. All
have been against the letter writer (Bush). It may have done more damage
than good.

He's getting a nice thank you reply.

And as always don't try this at home.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Great work, RANT.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see the shyte all over Rove's face when the reviews start coming in.

What I wanna know, is can you Bush lovers out there not see in this how very desperate and pathetic your candidate is?
If not, you are doing everything in your power to lie to yourselves. You can do better. And as Americans, you certainly deserve better.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Puhleese don't act all high and mighty about the letters to the editor issue afterall the Republicans only copied a Democratic invention.

DU: Sweet simplicity from moveon.org

MOVEON.ORG can help! (from goclark)
MoveOn.org has a beautiful way to write your own letter to your local papers about these Media whores. I wrote mine about CNN and Fox.
Please go to the link and they will give you talking points, sample letters, and a tool to find your local papers based on your zip code.

www.moveon.org... ...

Maybe you all should clean your own house before critisizing someone else's

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Try harder next time.

MoveOn is not affiliated with Kerry, btw.

And just for the record, are you saying that BushCo. COPIED MoveOn?
Sure sounds like it.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Puhleese don't act all high and mighty about the letters to the editor issue afterall the Republicans only copied a Democratic invention.

DU: Sweet simplicity from moveon.org

MOVEON.ORG can help! (from goclark)
MoveOn.org has a beautiful way to write your own letter to your local papers about these Media whores. I wrote mine about CNN and Fox.
Please go to the link and they will give you talking points, sample letters, and a tool to find your local papers based on your zip code.

www.moveon.org... ...

Maybe you all should clean your own house before critisizing someone else's

Completely the same thing Phoenix.
Except I see MoveOn.org (which I can't help but notice isn't JohnKerry.com) was asking people to write editors to encourage people to see a movie. Plus they enforce this caveat:

Pre-written letters can only be sent once to each newspaper. Choose a newspaper marked with '*' to use or edit one of the pre-written letters. Note that it is possible that no letters are still available -- this happens if each has been sent to all papers listed.

Which if nothing else just means they are smarter than Bush-Cheney '04 Inc. if not just the slightest bit less immoral given it was a campaign to stop the bashing of a movie...not elect a President.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. When I can't sleep I find writing letters helps. And thankfully, Bush-Cheney has made it easy for me to write every Editor in the country over and over at 5 a pop.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Try harder next time.

MoveOn is not affiliated with Kerry, btw.

And just for the record, are you saying that BushCo. COPIED MoveOn?
Sure sounds like it.

Moveon not affiliated
ya right, its a completly independant 527, sure I believe ya
and Michael Moore is really going to vote for Bush
emm hmmm

ECK all campaigns are doing this sort of thing to editorial pages of newspapers and magazines, the one thing you guys are right about is the utter laziness of the editorial staffs and the people that utilize the tool instead of using their own words.

PS: I don't have to try hard on such an easy subject!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by RANT,

Bush-Cheney has made it easy for me to write every Editor in the country over and over at 5 a pop.

Republican efficiency really is good for everybody including you RANT, if you tried what your doing on a Dem site you'd still be at it next week. Goes to show ya why we need to keep the current administration in office.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bush-Cheney is so desperate it's pathetic.
Once those twits realize how dumb they look over this, it'll go away. Just like the other fraudulent soldier letter-writing "campaign" I mentioned.

It just boggles the mind how dumb these folks are. And they were supposed to be so smart.

SOMEWHERE IN TEXAS A VILLAGE IS MISSING ITS IDIOT.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wow, this Bushie sure is in that river in Africa. You do realize that Moveon.org was doing it to stop people from bashing a movie most of the bashers hadn't seen? And Bush & Co used this tactic to get re-elected. And Moveon.org is not Kerry, it is a group of about 47 money supporters, about 6 tech supports, stuff like that. It wouldd be like if me and 40 other people had money to spend, and decided to spend it on commericals revealing the truth. Not Kerry. Now if you want a fake orginization that is supported by a candidate, go with the swift boat people, supported by Bush.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Here's what I wrote.

Hopefully by now dear Editor, you've come to realize as most of America that any letter containing the following phrase:

"New job figures and other recent economic data show that America�s economy is strong and getting stronger � and that the President�s jobs and growth plan is working. The Labor Department announced that employers added 288,000 new jobs in April. In total, over 1.1 million jobs have been added since August, with 8 consecutive months of gains."

...or any of three other prepackaged phrases currently being spammed en mass to newspaper editors via the georgewbush.com website (I'm using right now) is a woefully dishonest effort at misrepresenting genuine "public opinion."

In fact, the letter from this session is set to be sent to 5 of my "local" newspapers via the GW04 spam site, but I assure you I'll be sending more all over America just like the hundreds of Google returns currently showing these phrases in "letters to the editor" from papers all over the country.

They fooled you dear Editor.

I look forward to nationwide retractions and explanations soon, that is of course assuming the "free press" isn't complicit with this sort of deception.

I just picked up the local Courier-Tribune and they have two letters to the editor.

One is the "America has a choice" spam letter from "Sherman Waters, Asheboro" forwarded exactly from the website and the other is...

Don't believe what you read in spammed letters right after it. From me. Also via the GW04 web forwarding program. (Same as quoted above).

That editor has a sense of humor, eh? I wonder if Sherman does.

I also wonder how many other letters GW04 let through from me around the country.

I'm on a list now by God!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Boy, that whole letter campaign sure died out quick.

Maybe editors are STARTING to get hip to their quackery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join