It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How have you changed since 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Perhaps you lost someone close to you. Or the attacks compelled you to join the military or volunteer more of your time. Or, perhaps more simply, you hold your loved ones closer to you than ever before.

So how have you changed?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Thx for the thread..

I have a disgust for the way people can pull off such a mult-fawcetted hoax that ROBBED,MURDERED,DESTROYED OUR PRIVACEY AND FURTHER DESTROYED THE NAME OF "AMERICA" as if we aren't hated enough..

PS Our men and women in uniform are chopped and disgraced as well !!!

It was an inside job !!

My opinion !!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have changed by knowing that the US government killed 3000 of their own people.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Disgusted with the US government.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have to say.....I can't really add more than the other posters. I am only recently learning all I can about that dreadful day and do believe the Government had everything to do with it. It has changed me to not only not trust them.....but be totally disgusted by them. I want to revolt and I want the GONE! I want a totally new Government in place who is for justice, peace, and liberty for all.

I am really saddened they are capable of such a travesty!

patriotsquestion911.com...

edit on 17-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Good answers!

Part of me is digusted with the fact that at minimum we knew it was coming and did nothing about it. Another part of me is digusted by American Arrogance.... America the illusionists. Yet another part of me doesn't want to believe it was an inside job out of fear of being disrespectful to the individuals who lost their lives that day. I'm shocked that ten years later most people are just numb to it. I knew it would be like that. Personally I'm just as pissed off today as I was back then. Also, as a volunteer medic and volunteer fire fighter for the town I live in, I still can't stomach the loss of 343 of my brothers and sisters. How did it change me? What Very little trust I had for my government then was completely destroyed.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Everything changed.

911 exposed the media as mouthpieces for psychopaths.

I have learned everything I thought I knew was false.

I have learned who the real enemies of peace and freedom are.

I have also learned the enemies of peace and freedom don't like to talk about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I have become devoutly cynical of damned near every aspect of established existence.

I don't trust my government.
I don't trust the free press/media.
I don't trust any political party or politician.
I don't trust the corporate.
I don't trust science.
I don't trust organized religion.
I don't trust hospitals or pharma.
I don't trust credit rating agencies.
I don't trust anarchists.
I don't trust hackers.
I don't trust my ISP.
I don't trust banking.
I don't trust our court system.

In fact, there's just not a whole lot that I either trust or even like since the beginning of the 21st century... which happened just a few months before 9.11 - which is another thing I don't trust.

What can I say...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

So how have you changed?

[color=cyan]
1 asked the HEAVENS FOR HELP, as it seemed those to be trusted possibly may not have been worthy of it. Changed not really just detected a evol presence.

be well

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451

Everything changed.

911 exposed the media as mouthpieces for psychopaths.

I have learned everything I thought I knew was false.

I have learned who the real enemies of peace and freedom are.

I have also learned the enemies of peace and freedom don't like to talk about it.

Everything you thought you knew was false. You can say that again! Everything is done to create a distraction from something else!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
yeah I've changed, due to the factor time I have grown 9/11 had no influence whatsoever besides that I saw everybody else change their view on the world.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
I have changed by knowing that the US government killed 3000 of their own people.

Actually, a majority of those 3000 people were not Americans...but it was made to look that way in the media, thus fueling the patriotic rage that ensued after the fact.

Personally, I changed my views toward the government, our foreign policy, then spent a majority of the following years overseas and gained an interesting perspective on America through the eyes of people of various countries throughout the world. I've also been in both Iraq and Afghanistan since 2008 and have not been back to America since.

I'll be returning for the first time since 2008 at the tail end of this December and am interested to see all I've missed.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I have lost all sense of patriotism. I feel used and a horrible sadness has over taken my soul.

I look at everything, even at a personal level thru the eyes of a cynic. I trust no one!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobdigi

Actually, a majority of those 3000 people were not Americans...but it was made to look that way in the media, thus fueling the patriotic rage that ensued after the fact.

Personally, I changed my views toward the government, our foreign policy, then spent a majority of the following years overseas and gained an interesting perspective on America through the eyes of people of various countries throughout the world. I've also been in both Iraq and Afghanistan since 2008 and have not been back to America since.

I'll be returning for the first time since 2008 at the tail end of this December and am interested to see all I've missed.

Well an early "Welcome Home" to you then.

How did the media make us believe American's were the majority of those 3,000? What tactics did they use? If you care to elaborate... Also, you said you've gained an interesting perspective on America, care to share what you have gained?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobdigi

Well an early "Welcome Home" to you then.

How did the media make us believe American's were the majority of those 3,000? What tactics did they use? If you care to elaborate... Also, you said you've gained an interesting perspective on America, care to share what you have gained?

It was as simple as reporting that they were all Americans when in fact, if I'm not mistaken, over two-thirds of them were employees of foreign corporations that held offices in the "World" Trade Center.

As far as perspective goes, it is really relative to which part of the world I am/was in. In the middle east, and i've been all thoughout it (Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Jordan, and Iraq), we are looked upon as Imperialists, a joke, Arabic people think us all hot-tempered, self-centered, and generally of a lower-intellect than they. We are infidels to many, and unwanted by almost all.

In Southeast Asia, we are certainly welcomed moreso, but also very much believed to be walking ATMs without souls. The Buddhist people of Southeast Asia hold no ill will toward us, but look upon us as children, and while at first I took issue with that, over the years I completely see where they are coming from, especially taking their religion and culture into account.

In central asia, it is slightly more complicated. The people do not hold pre-conceived notions about us in their heads due to the lack of media propaganda...however...some have ben reached by the fundamentalists and generally despise us, while others welcome us as liberators. People are able to travel freely throughout Afghanistan now more than at any point in the last 30 years.

Many of the Afghans love us...but still, a large contingent hate us, and why not? We are here in their country against their will, and we would react in a way that is not completely dissimilar. The rockets that buzzed over my head this morning are a daily reminder of this. Nonetheless, when the Mujahadein are siding with us, I can't think we are entirely in the wrong.

Hope that answers your questions to some degree.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bobdigi

It does, thank you. I always wonder how we'd feel if another country came here uninvited and imposed their culture and beliefs on us... anyway...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So no one trusts anything or anyone anymore.

So let's say for a moment that our government had nothing to do with it, (please hold the laughter), and that it was purely an act of terrorism.

Terrorism:
The use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
The state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
A terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

So did it work? Coerce for political purposes? well that's a given.
Are we fearful and in submission? If yes, to who? our own government? More than no trust?

Ten years later and we are in the sh*t.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
At the time and for quite a few years I believed the official story, my work changed and I went into more security and military roles to help defend the nation against the perceived threat. Then I found out it was all a lie and everything had to be reassessed, it was a very confusing and uncertain 3 days. From the ashes, fake media, fake government, fake wars, fake economy all compounded and wrapped in in layers and layers of lies, deception, depict, ignorance, power and control.

When I first became aware of the deception I tried to make it known but the system did not care, I just gave up on it all and went bush. If the world was going to go to hell living in a city would quickly become a dangerous place. Once I lost all hope and did not care if I lived or died with such a corrupt and sickening depravity running the show I thought stuff it. If I am going to die may as well be for something decent so I started to research and understand just what happened, where exactly is the problem and what can I do about it.

So here I am on ATS, looking for that weak spot, supporting the troops and fighting for our dignity. It's game on you evil bastards and we are all going to die, but I am not going down without my self respect.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

So no one trusts anything or anyone anymore.

I don't even trust this thread or your posts. Why do you want this information, what is your agenda, who do you work for?

Are you compiling a list of malcontents for some agency in preparation for a round up and trip to the fema camps?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised!! ATS is famous for "three letter" types lurking and working their NLP.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!!
edit on 17-8-2011 by whaaa because: code 46

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

It's game on you evil bastards and we are all going to die, but I am not going down without my self respect.

Hear, hear.

I'm there too...got nothing left to lose except my self respect. .

The more people are forced out of work, out of their homes, out of their minds, the closer the world will be to waking up. There's already no turning back.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join