It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nursery School: Geiger counter “nearly off the scale” near play equipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Nutjob people still living 60 km from the Fukushima plant. They keep believing the government...

Yeah they don't have money to move... BUT COME ON, YOU ARE DYING... YOUR KIDS ARE BEING KILLED.

Who cares if you don't have money to move out of there.... will you not move out of your house if it were on fire because you don't have money to move elsewhere? Pack your bags and get the hell out.

This kind of behavior is mind boggling.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Asian obedience always strucked me hard, but never as in this case. But, i learned that people tend to forget culture relativity, if you haven't been raised and grew in a certain culture, you never truly be able to understand it, deep down you will perceive it through your own culture.

It's Japan's government duty to relocate people, they won't do it themselves. Even from half of a country, if thats what it takes, screw the pride, screw IAEA, people's life is a value that people with the power stopped, or rather never truly looked into and considered. And this has to change or we're doomed as specie.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I love japan, its people culture and heritage. But in this instance I find their complete
conformity quite detressing to be honest. If a nuclear accident like fukushima happened
in any other country its people would not still be living in the danger zones like that,
becuase they would flat out refuse too. Its horrible to think how many of these decent
honest people will die from cancer in future because they were just too good for their own
good...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Whats sad is that EVERYONE ON THE PLANET is getting their doses and doing nothing about it. Everyone... smh GOD BLESS them over there and hope LOVE supports will soon ummm support better.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Who cares if you don't have money to move out of there.... will you not move out of your house if it were on fire because you don't have money to move elsewhere? Pack your bags and get the hell out.

This kind of behavior is mind boggling.

And it may as well apply to the entire planet Earth. Why is the rest of the world willing to let Japan handle this situation on it's own when, quite obviously, it's totally out of control and impacting the entire planet?

All these videos of Geiger counters measuring "hot" rain in North America are really starting to scare me.

Someone needs to tap Obama on the shoulder and let him know that Fukushima is more of a worry than Afghanistan. Or Libya. Or the 2012 election.

edit on 17/8/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Nursery School: Geiger counter “nearly off the scale”

As someone who actually wants to know the details, I find stories like this rather lacking.
"The scale"? Of what? The most sensitive setting on the machine? The least sensitive setting?
Was that an average reading on the playground, or did we just get to see one tiny isolated spot with that reading?
They say it has decreased since the topsoil was removed. From what? To what now?
Is it a worrying level or a deadly level? How on earth is a viewer supposed to know?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Radioactive Xenon 133, 10th May, S-E Asia

Radioactive Xenon 133, 9th May, North American continent

Radioactive Xenon 133, 27th March, UK and Central Europe (having already gone over Nth American continent)

Radioactive iodine 131, 23rd April, North American Continent

Radioactive Cesium 137, 26th April, Leaving North American continent on it's way to Europe...did anyone say mystery e.coli bug in Europe? I say radiation poisoning.

I have more...you guys can work out the dosages and half-lives. These pics care of the Norwegian air monitoring institute.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Some more data...

The reporter, Mark Willacy, was in Fukushima two weeks ago for another report.
Via twitter, he says his accumulated dose over three days was 10.2 microsieverts.
This is apparently lower than natural levels in most places in the world.

And as another reference...

To give you an idea, the radiation we receive when travelling on an aircraft is about 3.7 to 5 microsieverts per hour – and on the old concorde, it used to be 13 microsieverts per hour.

--------------------------------------

Back in May, he was in Fukushima again. While in the area he visited a more radioactive place, Iitate.
At Iitate, Mark recorded just over 3 microsieverts per hour.
As I mention above, just under that expected as being on an aircraft.

It’s a level of radiation that is also consistent with some of the world’s hotspots of natural background radiation such as Chennai in India.
Studies of both airline workers and populations living in high radiation areas have been unable to find elevated levels of illnesses that you might expect to find from radiation exposure.

asiancorrespondent

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well if the parents want to be idiots that's there choice, but those kids are too young to be receiving that kind of radiation..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I really want to know what has had happened to the Millions of US Dollar
donated for the Disaster Relief!!!

Until now i cant see anything of this Money.

We need to use parts of this Money to make it possible
for the Families without a high Income to leave that Hell!

2.500-3.000 Families who need to leave now because of Pregnancy
and/or young Kids until the age of 16 need 15.000-20.000 USD each
for the first Rent, Welcome Money for the Landlord (normally 3 times monthly Rent)
and Agentfee (normally one Month Rent)
this is a small Amount, Peanuts, but urgently needed!

Or this Families need a priority place on the List for Governmental House-Projects!
edit on 17-8-2011 by Human0815 because: grammar

top topics

join