It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flare Activity Prompting NASA to Convene a News Briefing Thursday in Washington

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sorry I posted a bad link please delete this
edit on 17-8-2011 by lisaloeb1214 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

That actually sounds like real, major DOOM...

Wow.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Whelp, this is it. ...been nice knowing you all.

Perhaps we can reconvene in another couple millenia, new solar system; better behaved sun; further back on the Mayan calendar; more time to figure out what the heck is going on...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well if our communications go down I already have practice. I've been using AT&T. I never know if I'm going to get a strong enough signal or not and before I know it, I get dropped.

That could be a new slogan for AT&T, "preparing you for dropped communications and lost signals. If you're with us, we already dropped you a half dozen times this morning."
"Warning, parts of this slogan may be lost during transmission.
However, we are currently working on a massive upgrade that should happen within a year but we can't tell you any more details."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I believe we will see some kind of solar event change our way of life soon. It may not be a doomsday event, but enough to really shake us up.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by drapheus

I dont know an awful lot about solar flares ( or crop circles actually..lol..)...but I started a thread yesterday re a couple of Russian scientists who have stated that they have decoded crop circles etc and believe that the messages contained in those codes are from ETs and we are close to destruction here on Earth. Now....I am NOT saying I believe these women at all however a few things have happened today that slot very nicely with what they ARE saying.
Apparently they came across the system for decoding because of their study of the Barkhausen Effect...something to do with electromagnetics. They insist our demise is going to come because of an electromagnetic anomaly. OK. I smiled at that yesterday.
Today looking at the latest solar flare I found a page that says a coronal hole on the sun is likely to be facing our direction from August 21st until...cant remember. Now these two women say that the first catacylsm
is likely to occur on Earth (earthquake) between August 20th and September 5th and will cause a mega tsunami originating around Chile and swamping the east coasts of New Zealand and Australia parts of the USA etc.
Once again...I am definitely not saying I believe this is going to happen but its just odd that a few things they mentioned fall into place right now. Hmmmmm.

Have to leave to go get the page I found on the coronal hole....

SUN PAGE
edit on 18-8-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

Editing again to add
CORONAL HOLE FACING EARTH IMPLICATIONS

I have linked to this page because of the correlation ( apparently) between an Earth facing coronal hole and sun flares from that position, and earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Many important satellites are build with shielding to protect them from unusual solar storms. They may have to turn away and shield, but they will come back online after the storm. Not to worry.

And, regarding the post just prior to mine: show previous successful prophecies or these won't happen.
edit on 8/18/2011 by Jim Scott because: updated

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Jim...I am not saying I believe they will happen, its just odd that a few things slotted together. In hindsight, I remember well many threads here at ATS where some people have seen things ' slotted' together and been totally convinced something is about to happen. And it never has.

So I take your point...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Err, I was talking about solar flares. It is established fact that any comets gas cloud will become ionised as it passes magnetic fields and build up charge therefore affecting other magnetic fields i.e. solar flares. Are we all aware that the roll pattern of a comet can have a marked affect on the magnetic fields generated. Possible scaling affects could occur when comets are at rear of sun due to wave reflection. LOL scaring myself.

Don't believe anything will happen but the point is no one can say definately what will occur.

Analogy: If a glass is full it only takes one drop to make it overflow.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Watch NASA announcement Here at 2 PM EST.

In a little less than 2 hours.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Hi karen61057,
Sorry if my writing wasn't clear; it was part of a dream that was pertinent to my train of thought on this whole solar flare of death meme. Even in the dream, it wasn't space aliens, it was a conspiracy involving some kinda EM pulse weapon or something, but it didn't look like the auroras from a solar storm that the gov't said it was. So, in the dream, people who didn't believe the gov't thought it was an alien invasion, though it definitely was not.

The reason why I mentioned the dream is twofold:
1) There's a lot of solar flare talk in the media these days,
2) There's speculation on this site that TPTB might want to stage a fake alien attack

My wild speculation is that a faked solar attack would probably be easier and serve the same purpose.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Many important satellites are build with shielding to protect them from unusual solar storms. They may have to turn away and shield, but they will come back online after the storm. Not to worry.

And, regarding the post just prior to mine: show previous successful prophecies or these won't happen.
edit on 8/18/2011 by Jim Scott because: updated

Aside from that though.. any well meaning aliens would surely be knowledgeable enough to know that crop circles would be the single worst way of communicating an important message, seeing as generally they are viewed as having no credibility, due in large part to that these prophecies have not once turned out to be correct.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The panel looks tired and tattered.....wonder if they know something but will not elabohrate.
2nd

edit on 18-8-2011 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: so far its the same old mondane BS!
edit on 18-8-2011 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Okay, so I just finished watching the news briefing...

To sum it all up:

They're excited because they've finally been able to utilize STEREO to show full side view visualizations of a CME from start to finish... something they've never been able to do before.

The visualization of plasma fields, magnetic fields, etc... something that has always been dependent on just computer modelling otherwise.

So... Actual physical observations vs speculated computer modelling.

Yes, that's definately a great breakthrough in heliophysics.

All of which will aid alongside with NOAA to better predict the time slot of when a CME event will reach the earth, the type of impact it may or may not have dependent on the now understood northward or southward solar magnetization (which they've only been able to guess at previously), and so on.

A better understanding of solar mechanisms, means better suppositions, and thus resulting in better preparedness of any potential problems coming our way.

Edited to add:
They now feel better prepared for what they expect to be a very active solar maximum in 2013.
edit on 18-8-2011 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by Vitchilo

Stereo has allowed them to predict the CMEs impact and effects more precisely I would guess they want to talk about how with the proper funding NASA can be very useful

hehe score one for my prediction

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
for all of you that wonder what the press conference was about, and are too lazy
to do a search, here are some links :

www.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

edit on 18/8/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join