It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Cloud Shoots Singapore

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Get water right at its triple point, and it doesn't take much to trigger the nucleation process. Occurs in fractions of a second. Then it would just take a bit of turbulence in the atmosphere to create a nice show. Interestingly enough, any sources of radiation might affect this too. (Look up the Wilson or cloud chamber for a man-made example of how radiation affects a substance at its triple point.) A strong enough solar flare might get enough particles through to trigger condensation trails.

I bet if you go 5 miles up or so, at times the pressure and temperature can be low enough at times to sit right at that point where water is on a razor's edge between phase changes. If it jumps back and forth between a transparent gas and ice crystals, I bet that's what it would look like. Thus somebody got lucky enough to catch some video when the conditions were just right.

If we had a meteorologist around, there might be a chance that they could confirm that water does reach its triple point in Earth's atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My personal opinion of this is that as the earth raises its vibrational frequency (and everyone on it) then we will begin to see the mother ships that are out there in the atmosphere.
When someone is in a certain bandwidth of frequency (a low one for example) then they would be unable to view something that is in a higher bandwidth of frequency (a higher one) and visa versa.
This is a culmination of a certain number of people including Dolores Cannon, George Kavassilas and some others.

Also if you check this out; Compilation of Strange Sounds then I think that these sounds are coming from these ships in the sky also. If you dont believe me then look at the video at 12 minute mark of the above video

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the share! That's brilliant! It's either a really good hoax or a really good mystery... I prefer the latter option!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SourceDirect

Or we could just go for the more mundane and reasonable explanation that this is a relatively new meteorological phenomena, information of which is posted below.

I'll just quote myself to get this on the page that won't get ignored for a little while:

Originally posted by Droogie
According to forgetomori, it is likely the phenomenon we're looking at is something called a "Crown flash". This is based on a reference to a 1971 letter sent to Nature by Gall and Graves from the Univeristy of Michigan, which forgetomori says describe exactly what the youtube videos record.

For those of you that won't bother to open the link, here's what it says:

July 2, 1970, Ann Arbor, Michigan. While observing a thundercloud. "At and just above the peak of the storm cell the cloud mass seemed to be undergoing sudden changes in brightness lasting for several seconds at a time....

The phenomenon continued to occur repeatedly at intervals of 30-60 s during the next 15 or 20 min, providing the basis for the following description. The sudden brightening effect began concurrently with lightning strokes in the main cloud mass, but continued after the lightning flash was over. It had the appearance of a ripple-like upward and outward spread of radiance from the region just west of the peak of the cumulus cloud, resembling somewhat a fan-like display of aurora borealis. It lasted a substantial fraction of a second with each lightning stroke.

On one or two occasions it had the appearance of a bright ring moving rapidly outward and upward above the cumulus peak. On these occasions it was clearly observed to extend beyond the cloud and into the blue sky. A linear shadow, apparently cast by one of the cumulus masses, appared to shift its position suddenly up or down with each occurence of the event."

Here's a link to the letter at Nature, it's not that easy to understand for those unfamiliar with the lingo.

Possible Newly Recognized Meteorological Phenomenon called Crown Flash

Anyway, for those of you who awaited a thought out explanation can now rest easy.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Apparently CERN thinks this subject is worth researching. Might be worth reading this article at Nature.com.

It sounds like a conspiracy theory: 'cosmic rays' from deep space might be creating clouds in Earth's atmosphere and changing the climate. Yet an experiment at CERN, Europe's high-energy physics laboratory near Geneva, Switzerland, is finding tentative evidence for just that.
www.nature.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

edit on 26-8-2011 by pauljs75 because: trying to format better

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What is this? 2010

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

post by TribeOfManyColours
What is this? 2010

That's a video of weird cloud , it was also posted by Lost_Mind on page two ....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

It's a Pileus Cloud which occurs at the very top of rising cloud formations.... As the wispy clusters of uniformly sized droplets of mist rise above the cloud, if the sun shines through it just so, it becomes something very special.... the sunlight it makes it beautiful... no?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d65c0fa8b05d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If anyone is still following this, I just found an article with the answer!

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

"The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.
So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over."

And it looks pretty cool, too!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Get water right at its triple point, and it doesn't take much to trigger the nucleation process. Occurs in fractions of a second. Then it would just take a bit of turbulence in the atmosphere to create a nice show. Interestingly enough, any sources of radiation might affect this too. (Look up the Wilson or cloud chamber for a man-made example of how radiation affects a substance at its triple point.) A strong enough solar flare might get enough particles through to trigger condensation trails.

I bet if you go 5 miles up or so, at times the pressure and temperature can be low enough at times to sit right at that point where water is on a razor's edge between phase changes. If it jumps back and forth between a transparent gas and ice crystals, I bet that's what it would look like. Thus somebody got lucky enough to catch some video when the conditions were just right.

If we had a meteorologist around, there might be a chance that they could confirm that water does reach its triple point in Earth's atmosphere.

I apologize for being so harsh but I must disagree with your skepticism.

Nucleation is a physical reaction which has nothing nothing to do with water changing phases (as implied by your 'triple-point analysis'.) Nucleation is essentially defined as the aggregation of gas bubbles in a liquid atmosphere by means related to surface tension and potential energy stored against buoyancy. I guess you could make the argument that it could occur with a gas inside of a denser gas so I may be incorrect. Like I said, this is a physical reaction (related to chemistry) and my specialty mainly rests within organic chemistry.

With that being said, it may seem possible that a triple-point could occur in the atmosphere where there is an incredibly turbulent pressure rotation. However, I imagine this would be incredibly difficult to achieve and the refraction of light would probably be much more erratic. This ejection of light seems focused in the video and contradicts the whole 'turbulent skies being split by a ray of light theory'. The light would reflect the particles in the cloud would it not? Therefore, the light would be as erratic as the reaction occurring. I may be wrong, but that's my two cents.
edit on 25-10-2011 by TheChemist1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom

"The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.
So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over."

To follow up....this explanation seems to make more sense as it allows for the explanation of a focused ray of light. The only problem that I have is that water itself is NOT magnetic. However, since water is a polar molecule it can easily coordinate (or even dissolve) and then crystallize into the solid state with MAGNETIC impurities already present in the atmosphere. If these particles are trapped in the ice crystals, then the explanation above stands to be suitable for the phenomenon we are seeing. Cheers for the info!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
Apparently CERN thinks this subject is worth researching. Might be worth reading this article at Nature.com.

It sounds like a conspiracy theory: 'cosmic rays' from deep space might be creating clouds in Earth's atmosphere and changing the climate. Yet an experiment at CERN, Europe's high-energy physics laboratory near Geneva, Switzerland, is finding tentative evidence for just that.
www.nature.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

edit on 26-8-2011 by pauljs75 because: trying to format better

Once again, a gross distortion of what's actually stated. There's a big difference between 'creating clouds' as the AP has suggested and the electromagnetic effects of cosmic particles on the atmosphere. I hate to keep raining on your parade but the AP has a way of distorting 'science' to make it sound flashy and cool instead of factual.
edit on 25-10-2011 by TheChemist1 because: Misdirected Skepticism

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Very interesting, I believe that Aliens have something to do with this, or it could have been some type of gas in the sky that caused the cloud to do that, or was it even a cloud? This is definitely something to think about.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The original video appeared on the famous Astronomy Picture of the Day this Nov 8th.

Link here.

Extract from source :

(...) lightning discharge in a thundercloud can temporarily change the electric field above the cloud where charged ice crystals were reflecting sunlight. The new electric field quickly re-orients the geometric crystals to a new orientation that reflects sunlight differently.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom

Was just about to post this! Starred.

lol... guess I was right about it when I said:

Originally posted by NoHierarchy
To my, admittedly, untrained eye, it looks to be magnetic (or electro-magnetic). Notice how in both videos the cloud warping is spotted near a dense stormcloud? The amount of electric charges excited/generated by a stormcloud is great (we need only look at lightning for an example). Perhaps particles (whether organic, synthetic, ice, etc.) high up in the storm cloud are being magnetically charged and pulled around by erratic electromagnetic changes within the storm cloud? We cannot rule such a phenomenon out, especially considering the massive electrical charges/releases induced by storm clouds.

Other than that, the only explanation that seems plausible is some sort of camera lens manipulation.

edit on 24-11-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
It's a Pileus Cloud which occurs at the very top of rising cloud formations.... As the wispy clusters of uniformly sized droplets of mist rise above the cloud, if the sun shines through it just so, it becomes something very special.... the sunlight it makes it beautiful... no?

Quite right that it is a pileus, but mist? At 10-20, 000 feet? I think you'll find that clouds are composed of ice crystals rather than water in it's liquid form.

And yes, very beautiful!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join