It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Cloud Shoots Singapore

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It is very strange. Two things come to mind though. Either it is, one, light scatter in the lens of the camera, or two, it could be a shock wave from thunder affecting a layer of cirrus cloud above the thunderhead. I would be interested to know if there was any thunder heard before or after this was shot.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You could HEAR one of the "POOFS" as it blew part of the cloud apart. Strange. I have no clue, other than some kind of weather , air pressure occurrence. I am perplexed though. Great capture my man.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks for posting that link, as soon as I saw the op's video I immediately thought of my thread I posted a few months back but couldn't remember the link. I do agree, all these cloud anomalies are very similar to each other.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
This is why I was going after autofocus in my last post. Most everyday camera users never switch their autofocus off and it can cause problems.

I don't know much about what kind of imaging problems come from autofocus issues but, if it was autofocus wouldn't it affect the entire image. I mean something else other than that one place in the video would be show similar signs wouldn't it? Also both video's move around a little bit but the phenomenon stays in the same location if its in the middle, up/down, left/right of the focus.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I just got back from spending 4months in S'pore, and let me tell you, the thunderheads can pop up and roil up suddenly without notice. Sitting around a pool in the apts there, is usually usually a narrow gap betweent the buildings. Everything is verticle there, very crowded in a very small island so can't go any where else but up!

Since it is tropical and almost on the equator, there are frequent short lived thunder storms and downpours. I saw many weird "light shows" in those clouds. I believe the op's video is showing the effects of lightning in that cloud with the affect of the sunlight. Nothing supernatural or other worldly. Just pretty cool though!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Various comments on youtube seem to indicate its a version of Pileus cloud.

From the wikipedia entry...

Pilei tend to change shape rapidly.

Some people with meteorological backgrounds dont seem to have surprising anything to say except versions of "congratulations on capturing a good one."

So it must be a rare event, as for me and others we haven't seen such a thing in our life times...

And if I'm correct, there appears to be two separate videos of the said 'rare' event...That is just highly unlikely, alfa1, to be honest, you and I don't know for a fact whether this is just a some rare cloud 'thing' or something unexplainable.

Besides are you really sure if it's just "Pilei" clouds changing shape?
Can you then prove, with a similar video and perhaps explain the science behind such 'rare' behavior from the average cloud anomalies that we are familiar with, in plain old English for us amateurs to understand???

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I think it looked like a su dog partially forming on the second video.

Almost as if just too little sun was getting through that pocket of clouds to form a full one.

No idea on the first vid.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

CMOS sensors are in many of the cameras now. I only use CCD which has no such issue. In fact many camera models come with both depending on model. It's entirely possible both were shot with a camera with CMOS sensors is it not?

What you may be seeing is the effect discussed in my links.

How is trying to get to the truth wasting time? To come to a conclusion you must consider all possibilities and eliminate them. The best thing to do if you think I'm on a wrong path is to show me why with facts instead of meaningless criticism.

In what way would it be odd for two cameras if they do have CMOS sensors recording the same type of scene to show a similar result?

I showed how some camera's including the iPhone camera also have a variable frame rate that can cause issues. It's to keep file sizes down which is very destructive. These cameras are not made to shoot for IMax.

The variable rate is a result of motion sensors and clouds are notorious for causing issues with non-solid objects like clouds. It can throw auto-focus off also. When I shoot sky shots with Nikon Professional DSLR's, I often have to resort to manual focus for instance. If there is a bright spot in the sky just moving it a degree or two can make the auto-exposure fluctuate wildly. These are just facts. Not to mention the cameras in these phones are very low end products and never intended to give the best results to begin with. Being fully automated the camera is not always going to be able to deal with odd conditions.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by warlok

Could be one of 4 things.. just weird

1) UFO/Orb messing with clouds
2) HAARP signal interference
3) Angel-type phenomenon
4) Orgon/Orgonite gifting from a Cloud Buster on the ground

Definitely nothing like we've ever seen before. If anyone follows dutchsinse, there was also a video of a weird cloud falling to the ground and moving around in a very weird fashion, the cloud looked almost artificial and very condensed but still able to be effected by wind. Just my 2 cents.

editedit: Here it is, put in wrong link at first

edit on 17-8-2011 by smarterthanyou because: found video

edit on 17-8-2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by smarterthanyou because: please work!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

I agree. I'm also very curious if this is related to CMOS rollover? To figure it out though it would take someone with a camera with those sensors to test it. I don't have anything like that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
After doing a little research on clouds, I think that it could also be pileus clouds over a thunderhead with a fantastic light show from filming at the right spot.
en.wikipedia.org...

It could be haywire camera equipment...but what bugs me about the haywire camera thing is that it would affect more than just that one place that stays relatively centered compared to the moving camera wouldn't it?
edit on 17-8-2011 by dudeawesome because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome

Originally posted by Grifter81
This is why I was going after autofocus in my last post. Most everyday camera users never switch their autofocus off and it can cause problems.

I don't know much about what kind of imaging problems come from autofocus issues but, if it was autofocus wouldn't it affect the entire image. I mean something else other than that one place in the video would be show similar signs wouldn't it? Also both video's move around a little bit but the phenomenon stays in the same location if its in the middle, up/down, left/right of the focus.

I just watched the video again and your right about the camera moving around while the phenomenon continues in the same place. This would seem to negate autofocus as a cause.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ok. The rapidly changing cloud is something I cannot explain but accompanying that is also a bright light, and I can explain that - sprite lightning. The OP mentioned that he saw storm clouds, so:

Sprites are large-scale electrical discharges that occur high above thunderstorm clouds, or cumulonimbus, giving rise to a quite varied range of visual shapes flickering in the night sky. They are triggered by the discharges of positive lightning between an underlying thundercloud and the ground.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Any way to explain the video I posted above? Some sort of super condensed cloud? Wth is this?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardMongler
It's the clouds in the sky moving around and the sun's rays bending around the clouds as they move, the camera in the iPhone is exaggerating the suns rays with the reflections on the lens, making it appear out of the ordinary. Question everything, think of a logical answer.

"It's the clouds in the sky moving around and the sun's rays bending around the clouds as they move"

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't honestly have the credentials to provide you with a decent answer mate, for all I know it is the hand of God. Shouldn't of played my hand so early...then I could of said any and/or all of the following in hope that other fan boys will give me stars so; HAARP, the Elohim, Greys, NWO scientist, something to do with the Illuminati...possibly an invisible Masonic aircraft.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Also, I've watched it a few times now and whilst it's hard to watch two places at once I have noticed that when the cloud movement and light happens the tree branches are not moving along with the strong wind that blows them back and forth in other frames which plants a big seed of doubt in my mind..BUT I may be wrong
edit on 17/8/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: To outline that I admit, as a human I have the capacity to be wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join