It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Cloud Shoots Singapore

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Someone could have been shooting a hi powered laser up at the clouds causing them to expand and contract. The light at the end makes me think that it could have been earth based rather than based in the cloud.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

OK, after reviewing the video you posted, I have to change my opinion.

Though the video you've shown could be filmed through a pane of glass (like I suspected on the OPs video), it'd be much harder to re-create the effect on a vertical pane of glass.

My guess is it's smaller cloud movement between the sun and the cloud that appears to be "bursting". Light is being reflected through the moisture and highlighting wiffs of clouds that otherwise would not be apparent.

Like I said ... it's just a guess.

That or maybe alien craft ... or God.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

It's amazing what you can do with video editing & compositing software these days.
Unless of course you want me to believe this is proof of a glitch in the matrix.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Its like the cloud is becoming so charged, that it starts reacting not unlike lightning, verses the typical just let off some lightning.

I wonder if it has something to do with the composition of the cloud...aka, synthetic chemical makeup allowing for a different sort of reaction based on conductive propertys.

Just randomly guessing...either way, its quite mesmerizing...not sure to call it beautiful or horrible though. I guess it all depends on what it is we are seeing to begin with.

Cool find.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I think it's the reflection off the glass that you're filming through. It's probably something in your close proximity. Maybe a waves in a pool or something?

I do agree that it appears like it could be in the fore ground in the OP video, but what about the video one of the other members posted? Both videos look very similar, yet the second video is definetly not shot through some type of filter.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Thats weird. I've never seen anything like that before. Perhaps there were gases or atmospheric pressure between the bands of cloud that were causing it?

you mean swamp gas? ahhhhhhh that explains it. move along people, just swamp gas performing miracles as usual.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Thats weird. I've never seen anything like that before. Perhaps there were gases or atmospheric pressure between the bands of cloud that were causing it?

you mean swamp gas? ahhhhhhh that explains it. move along people, just swamp gas performing miracles as usual.

Actually, that is a rational, and likely, explanation. miracle? not seeing any miracle, just a cloud reacting strangely which we can either try to investigate, or call it magic by aqua buddha...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
One thing that popped to my mind was "solar flare" or something. Imagine the magnetic field bending down closer to the earth, allowing all sorts of radiation to boil away water vapor in a split second ..

It might as well be a reflection though, I'm not sure, really "weird" is the correct term for it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
As was mentioned previous "Sprites and Blue Jets" is a very likely cause in many of the videos. Also you are dealing with light angles being bent in prism formed by water vapor along with the changing angle of light from the sun. In all the video cases there are large cumulonimbus clouds which are in the process of forming. These are highly dynamic and extremely turbulent formations by the very nature with huge amounts of moisture, so many possibilities exist. Very cool and I would love to see this or similar phenomena instead of all the sun dogs I see!

That or a cloaking UFO’s…

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Unfortunately, cameras rarely capture the grandeur of really big scenes; in my experience, seeing a huge mountain range in the distance or clouds like these in person is always better than the picture. So, that said, I don't see anything notably spectacular in the video. Things like this happen frequently in Oklahoma and the surrounding area because of relatively unpredictable weather patterns indigenous to the area. That's my explanation for it. Clouds, while simple, can be absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure they were fantastic in person.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yep must be some sort of lense distrubance because lenses affect clouds moving and everything. Makes complete sense
i mean how couldnt it be the lense?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
IM just glad singapore didn't get shot.
OR did they???
edit on 17-8-2011 by deadeyedick because: sp

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
S+F, brilliant video. Cool that you were looking up at that time to spot this. About halway through I get a wierd feeling there is some intelligence behind it, the way the light seems to pan back and forth, like the Eye of Sauron or something.

It also looks like the effect you get when you press your finger on a small handheld screen. Oh hey it even works on my flat screen monitor. Yea it seems like that type of effect. Not saying thats what it is, just looks like that to me. Maybe someone was tweaking around with the matrix....heh.

The second video seems to back up that this is a real occurance and not a hoax, however the OP's video is way more cool imo. Plus the perfect triangle of 3 dots. Wierd.

How long did it continue to go on for?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The cloud formations all around barely change, if at all. This strikes me as a Vue system or similar cgi generated hoax.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Its like the cloud is becoming so charged, that it starts reacting not unlike lightning, verses the typical just let off some lightning.

I wonder if it has something to do with the composition of the cloud...aka, synthetic chemical makeup allowing for a different sort of reaction based on conductive propertys.

Just randomly guessing...either way, its quite mesmerizing...not sure to call it beautiful or horrible though. I guess it all depends on what it is we are seeing to begin with.

Cool find.

I was thinking possibly higher temperatures on the other side of the cloud... warmed by the sun, the rising heated water vapor bursts through the top of the cloud in a dazzling display, and reflecting light in the process...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It almost acts like solar wind does in the SOHO videos... or a coronal discharge being severely disturbed by the suns magnetic field...a plasma filamentous whipping action; to me it smacks of electromagnetic in nature.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by gortex
Aliens and UFO's ?

I am having second thoughts too.

I could explain it like this.

The clouds are in the air. So you need to have a flying vehicle to reach that spot. Strange rays of light play in the sky. Does not seem earthly too me. And I could not identify the possible craft what caused this.

Could also be HAARP or just a natural occurance

Well this is what first came to my thought, our best friend HAARP
. I say we are a far more advanced civilization than what our leaders tells us that we really are. According to Los Angeles Times we are nearly a 1.0 civilization.

Based on our energy efficiency at the time, in 1973 the astronomer Carl Sagan estimated that Earth represented a Type 0.7 civilization on a Type 0 to Type 1 scale. (More current assessments put us at 0.72.) As the Kardashevian scale is logarithmic -- where any increase in power consumption requires a huge leap in power production -- we have a ways before 1.0.

Then comes the description of what is a civilization from a scale of 0 to 1

We are close. If we use the Kardashevian scale to plot humankind's progress, it shows how far we've come in the long history of our species from Type 0, and it leads us to see what a Type 1 civilization might be like: Type 0.1: Fluid groups of hominids living in Africa. Technology consists of primitive stone tools. Intra-group conflicts are resolved through dominance hierarchy, and between-group violence is common.

Type 0.2: Bands of roaming hunter-gatherers that form kinship groups, with a mostly horizontal political system and egalitarian economy.

Type 0.3: Tribes of individuals linked through kinship but with a more settled and agrarian lifestyle. The beginnings of a political hierarchy and a primitive economic division of labor.

Type 0.4: Chiefdoms consisting of a coalition of tribes into a single hierarchical political unit with a dominant leader at the top, and with the beginnings of significant economic inequalities and a division of labor in which lower-class members produce food and other products consumed by non-producing upper-class members.

Type 0.5: The state as a political coalition with jurisdiction over a well-defined geographical territory and its corresponding inhabitants, with a mercantile economy that seeks a favorable balance of trade in a win-lose game against other states.

Type 0.6: Empires extend their control over peoples who are not culturally, ethnically or geographically within their normal jurisdiction, with a goal of economic dominance over rival empires.

Type 0.7: Democracies that divide power over several institutions, which are run by elected officials voted for by some citizens. The beginnings of a market economy.

Type 0.8: Liberal democracies that give the vote to all citizens. Markets that begin to embrace a nonzero, win-win economic game through free trade with other states.

Type 0.9: Democratic capitalism, the blending of liberal democracy and free markets, now spreading across the globe through democratic movements in developing nations and broad trading blocs such as the European Union.

Type 1.0: Globalism that includes worldwide wireless Internet access, with all knowledge digitized and available to everyone. A completely global economy with free markets in which anyone can trade with anyone else without interference from states or governments. A planet where all states are democracies in which everyone has the franchise.

Where the thing seems to get interesting is here.

The forces at work that could prevent us from making the great leap forward to a Type 1 civilization are primarily political and economic.

Strangely it reminds of Globalism and the New World Order. What if the meaning of the elite was to reach a level 1.0 as a civilization. This is only a theory, but when I look at it it seems very similar and the goal would really mean something after all.

P.S. : By no way I am according with this idea of globalism but it looks like what I previously said.

Thruthseek3r

Source : articles.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
i prefer the horse in the bottom right corner

Maybe it's Jesus on a dinosaur..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I don't think its glass I think this could be some natural weather phenomena , that a few people witness , Maybe something like a electromagnetic disturbance and in combination of the direct sunlight that shines on the event that makes it odd looking , just a guess

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join