It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Cloud Shoots Singapore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
at first i thought it was reflection with a peice of glass, not so sure now, very very weird, and has anyone else noticed the triangular dots at the beginning that seem to fade out?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think this second video is far stranger / convincing than the first one presented in the OP . I look at the first video and think reflection and then look at the second and think not reflection. In the second video the anomaly seems to follow the edge of the cloud without crossing it but in the first video its all over the place. This is a tough one to call.

Either way i dont think its the clouds moving around as it looks to much like a light distortion of some kind. Hot rising air or changing air density can bend light so maybe this is a kind of mirage?

Not sure why its posted in the UFO and Aliens forum though. The idea that just because its an anomaly in the sky it might be aliens seems a little bit desperate.

edit on 17-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Wow, very strange. I'm thinking some form of air pressure but i'm not sure.

I've emailed some meteorologists, I'll post when they have got back to me.

ALS

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Could it be the clouds are so thick and high there is lightning above the clouds? I remember flying on a plane and at times when it stormed seeing lightning actually above the clouds...? Have no idea.....still speculating never the less.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

WTF is all that's going through my mind. Usually almost every Alien & UFO thread posted in here has at least some kinda debunker and/or possible explanation but this...

IS MAGNIFICENT!

Unexplainable phenomenon

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That looks like a possible storm cloud to me, those lights could be some variation of sprites.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think it's another cloud that is moving in higher altitude that might not have the wind blowing the same way...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ice crystals in turbulence, spinning and periodically changing their reflective angles?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Would something like that have been described as a dragon ages ago? Not the mean virgin eating euro-type. I mean the happy lucky serpentine orient-type? That's what it reminded me of...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Singapore and ufo's...

and oh look they have Freemasons too...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yep....got it.....malfunction in the universal pixel matrix....

Now serious....it is as if something big is going on behind the massive cloud....to hide it. It reminds me like how the Sun does with its suddently shifting magnetic fields.

Maybe there is a UFO recharging or enabeling its massive magnetic field generator...

Very strange indeed, I must say...
edit on 17-8-2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Ok. That is a seriously compelling video.

I have no idea what it is, or the seemingly similar phenomenon in the second video, but feel reluctant to ascribe it to alien activity...just yet.

The likelyhood is that it is a natural occurence. Maybe a form of localized aurora borealis? I'm no meteorologist...

It is a super cool occurence. Would love to see it in real life above the skies of Dublin, no matter what its cause.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
that is abit weird maybe it could be a kind of lightning or some kind of reflection from the sun in the moisture

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Interesting video although I can't get to it being anything alien, "could" be something unidentified flying through the clouds I suppose. It has a strange aurora effect about it. Almost looks like some kind of shockwave or electrical disturbance. Also is it possible that a strong wind shear would cause that effect? Could it be an odd optical effect due to some unusual atmospheric lensing? Someone mentioned sprites in a post below, this could be the visible effect from the cloud side of sprite creation only observable from very specific angles to the sun and clouds...

Common denominators of the two videos: large thunderhead with no top shear, viewed from a rearward angle, sun on near opposite side of cloud, Indonesia... what is it about that place, eh?

edit on 17-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

TribeOfManyColours,

I would have to say that after looking at your video, as strange and unusual as it looks it can be explained. The cloud (darker one that you see in the video) is a "Thunder" cloud. The chances are that you are witnessing a phenomena known as "spites" and "Jets". I was always under the impression that these are only viewable from space, so it may be worth sending your video to Nat Geo. These "Sprites" and "Jets" are released hundreds of miles into the upper atmosphere directly after a lightning strike. Was there thunder around at the time of this?

Video Here

Info Here (Go to Blue Sprites)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You son of a bitch, I thought you meant that Singapore was shot by a cloud!

I get it now, you were shooting strange cloud formations with your camera, tricky title.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Call me crazy but it looks almost like if something was trying to use the cloud as cover but it didn´t work or the machine they used malfunctioned... Very weird indeed. Something huge is going to happen. Soon...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Funny, I had a dream about this 2 days ago

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

That was my first thought too

The erratic cloud movements in the OP's video may be being triggered by blue jets. The cloud molecules could be trapped in some kind of energy vortex (just a guess) and suddenly shift as energy buildup is released. Only thing is we wouldn't actually be able to see the jets because they are almost impossible to see at night let alone daytime.

Just for reference another sprites/jets video:

edit on 17/8/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join