It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Cloud Shoots Singapore

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brodyblayde
I don't understand why everyone is freakin' out about this video, or why this thread continues to exist. If you watch the video closely the clouds do not dissipate or move, which tells me that it is FAKE!
Good Day Everyone!

They move in ALL three videos of it.

Perhaps read the thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think its a very interesting phenomena ..Sometimes things are just unexplainable thanks for posting this video op.. peace sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Very interesting videos!

For me this looks like some magnetic interference. Like there is a magnetic field that changes it's shape.

Strange...

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Very interesting video. Reminds me of the elementals of Western alchemy. Sylphs are the elementals of the air, and I'd imagine they'd look quite like that moving around,

ETA: The thread title also seems intentially misleading. A person in Singapore 'shooting' a strange cloud with his camera is entirely different than a weird cloud shooting Singapore.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Akasirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Here is another. I think it's the suns lighting reflected and refracting off something in the atmosphere. Like when you flash a mirror. It looks like that "kind" of light. It behaves in an erratic and curved sort of way.

wtf

And a colorful ball behind the clouds. I think our own planet knows some tricks...

Not lightning. Just a weird little light.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Okay sorry. Another way to produce anything like a cloud is with sound. If you want to try the experiment I listed before but you have no dry ice, you can go to your local hippie store and buy a fog bowl. They come with cool colors too. Anyways it comes with a device that uses sound to separate the water in a way that it is turned into a misty fog. I could go the easy way and give you the scientific term but I want to leave that up to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Okay sorry. Another way to produce anything like a cloud is with sound. If you want to try the experiment I listed before but you have no dry ice, you can go to your local hippie store and buy a fog bowl. They come with cool colors too. Anyways it comes with a device that uses sound to separate the water in a way that it is turned into a misty fog. I could go the easy way and give you the scientific term but I want to leave that up to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Right away i thought "hoax" because the video has the potential to be 1080p when the iphone is not capable of uploading in that resolution (as far as i am aware)

However when you use video-editing software you typically upscale the original videos resolution so the special effects look better . . . which i thought might have been the case.

But after watching it a bunch of times, it doesn't really look like CGI to me . . . i could be wrong though.

Then i considered it may be a bead of water on the lens of the camera being blown around . . . he is by a pool, so he may have accidentally stumbled upon a cool effect when some water splashed on his phone while trying to take a picture.

But that's not possible because the camera is moving and the "anomaly" remains "static" within the picture . . .

Then i thought maybe it's an elaborate hoax where he has a sheet of glass with a bead of water on it and he is moving around his camera beneath it.

But the same problem is still there, as the angle of the camera changes in relation to the piece of glass, the anomaly would not remain completely static within the video unless the sheet of glass were much higher than the camera.

That would make it a pretty big sheet of glass . . .

Is he in fact indoors and capturing these clouds through a large skylight?

That is a possibility, but if that were the case, the water on the skylight would have to be much more than a little bead and i don't think on a large scale you'd get the same effect . . .

I've seen people in the thread suggest lightning sprites or ball lightning.

i'm nearly positive that is not what we are seeing.

I watch heat lightning storms every chance i get and i have seen both ball lightning and lightning sprites on multiple occasions. They look nothing like this.
edit on 8/18/2011 by JPhish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

Ultrasonic atomizers separate a large volume of water into smaller particles, creating a fine mist. To generate cloud in the sky would require you to do the opposite. There are not large bodies of water available to disperse, you actually need to condense the available moisture to create a cloud. So I don't think atomizers really have much to do here, though they do make for neat party tricks.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

BINGO Zatara! Numerous vids from amateurs and NASA itself (STS Shuttles...R.I.P.) clearly show UFO's purposefully flying into the center of massive Thunderstorms and Thunderheads that are generating huge amounts of electricity. Even the biggest man-made power stations don't come close to what a singe thunderstorm can produce. The UFO's obviously use these storms for something important to their propulsion, or survival. Or, they could be taking the energy somewhere else beyond Earth for some other purpose. Very intriguing videos in this thread! Thanks to the OP and contributing posters.
-CWM

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner

No, lol I have one of those already. Didn't know how it worked, but that's interesting. I will look into that, never gave it much consideration before.

And will see how I go.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

There was an interesting article at Forgetomori.com about this very phenomenon. It offered a possible (yet speculative) explanation....there's been a few videos of this phenomenon circulating around the web recently.

I did a search on the site but could not find the article.....nor do I remember it well enough to do the explanation justice. If anyone out there can find it at Forgetomori then I'd be really happy if you could post a link.

P.S. I wouldn't recommend Forgetomori for those who can't stomach a somewhat skeptical site....but for those of us here open minded enough to consider a skeptical view it's a pretty good site.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
very very weird of course !!! good find, hope to see more in the futur !
I think it must be something ( but what ?? UFO ? = unidentified !! ) hidden above the clouds and acting like a mirror that reflects the sunlight ! must be something with a kind of metallic surface that is changing position and sends the sunrays in different directions like a mirror should do.
I cannot find another explanation.
As someone else said, it is well known that UFO's do hide in or above clouds, especially storm clouds, and of course when the sun is above them, the light is being scattered all around the cloud which gives fantastic bright light columns or separate rays ..... and here we have something that is " playing " like a mirror with the sunrays.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Aliens and UFO's ?
I'm sure there was something similar posted a while back , can't remember what the conclusion was though .
edit on 17-8-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

i agree..seems almost like a reflection of some sort

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
What i find in curious is the ferm responses by some of you. OK, you say it's a drop of water on the lens, well make one just like it will you? otherwise it's just a cocky answer with no backup to it. Second, I have an iphone since 3g moved to 3gs and now a 4. In the thousands of pictures i've taken with the iphone i've never managed to get this on any of my pictures. and I have plenty with the sky and clouds since I fly a lot and I love how air pictures look and the shapes of clouds. so never i had this. Third, if it's an app i've never heard of it nor have I seen it on Appstore or Installous...seriously, name it i'd love to have it.

My bet it's a new phenomena associated with the intensity of the sun these days. we might see a lot of weird stuff while the sun it's at solar maximum.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There is what is known as Anvil Heads - these are cloud formations that look like - well - Anvils.

These are formations which are ejecting ice horizontal sometimes for miles - similar to a coronal ejection.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
There is what is known as Anvil Heads - these are cloud formations that look like - well - Anvils.

These are formations which are ejecting ice horizontal sometimes for miles - similar to a coronal ejection.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Doesn't look like any kind of focus issue to me. Also, If you listen to the dialogue in the second video, the effect is being discussed by a few people present - so it's not just being seen by the cameraman presumably.
That doesn't rule out hoax of course, but to me these are just too wierd and random to be hoaxes.

edit on 18-8-2011 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2011 by thoiter because: Typo's

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Im calling photoshop after effects , in the new suite edition!
there is no way clouds would do that naturally and there doesnt appear to be any craft or anythign in the sky !

I've seen clouds dissapear then reappear in front of me eyes in the sky before , but I live in scotland where its constantly humid and wet , so that could easily happen

it looks shopped to me, the guy is obviously just bored on his holiday playing around on his laptop at the pool !

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

Yeah, I've watched the vids again and I don't think its focus. It looks like some kind of refraction. The Sun is directly behind the cloud on both occasions. The movement of the thing puzzles me though.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join