Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Whats with all the cop bashing? Its pathetic....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Written express can be a good way of dealing with your feelings...ATS provides a way for all of us to express our emotions, feelings and opinions and try to deal with them in a constructive manner. I would rather have people expressing themselves through there written expression than have them keep there feelings all bottled up until they explosed on somebody.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Written express can be a good way of dealing with your feelings...ATS provides a way for all of us to express our emotions, feelings and opinions and try to deal with them in a constructive manner. I would rather have people expressing themselves through there written expression than have them keep there feelings all bottled up until they explosed on somebody.

Thats fair enough, but laughing or expressing delight at police officers being killed......you think thats ok to do?

Its just disrespectful

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I agree it's disrespectful...just remember we are all sinners. And Cops just like average people can be disrespectful too.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
When I was a kid (in the 70s and 80s) cops were part of the community. They were approachable, often helpful and friendly and pretty straight about how you should behave.

These days, they are sort of "other" they rarely mix off duty, are aloof and are usually dresses up as storm troopers. They never take any time to explain things to kids, they just whip out a truncheon and start barking orders. They routinely take things too far and batter people, safe in the knowledge that the law is something that can be twisted and perverted to protect them.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I don't know because I respect Police Officers and the job they are assigned. I haven't noticed any real bashing but maybe I am not paying attention. People are bringing up new stories about Police over stepping their bounds and I guess beginning to panic like everyone else from the stock market to the street crossing guard and killing, maiming or otherwise harassing individual Americans without good cause. It is bound to get reported. We can't sweep these incidents under a rug and forget about them like they never even happened.
Pretty soon you will be dealing with gestapo and not cops. They need to learn their place and the bounds of their authority and know that when your populace is armed, every situation you walk into is a just a little tinder pot waiting for a spark to set it off.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Okay for the record my brother in law is a police officer and used to be a Homicide detective. So I can say I do know of policeman that want to help people. On the other hand I have had many experinces over the years that have left a bad impression on me. My conclusion is that the majority are not my friend and you better no your rights because they will lie and walk all over you if they feel like it.
edit on 17-8-2011 by relocator because: corrected spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
When I was a kid (in the 70s and 80s) cops were part of the community. They were approachable, often helpful and friendly and pretty straight about how you should behave.

These days, they are sort of "other" they rarely mix off duty, are aloof and are usually dresses up as storm troopers. They never take any time to explain things to kids, they just whip out a truncheon and start barking orders. They routinely take things too far and batter people, safe in the knowledge that the law is something that can be twisted and perverted to protect them.

This is the truth. I remember when Police would go to the classrooms and take part in civic events.
Now you are right, it is a good description, they are more and more becoming alienated from the communities, they are isolating themselves and have turned into... THE OTHERS.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by AnonymousFem

When a cop rolls up on the scene he is in charge....people forget that.

This is the mentality that breeds anger from me toward society as a whole, and in a lot of ways adds to the bullying cop mentality.

No, just because you carry a badge when you roll up, does not mean you are "in charge".. that mentality from people adds to the ego of some cops, and they don't know how to react as a "peace" officer when someone challenges them on something, because they are use to the typical, "yes officer, whatever you say" from the public 9 times out of 10. I for one, for example, will not just hand over my drivers license when a cop walks up to my window and asks for them. Why? Because until I am given a reason for them needing my ID, there is no reason for them to have it. Period. This goes for the times that I'm speeding and know it, as well as the times that I am honestly ignorant to why I am being pulled over. Another example, I am not required to identify myself simply because I am in a public area.. I say this because I have been asked to identify myself while walking down a street during a lawful assembly. If you do not exercise your authority in your life, you are likely giving it up.

I have personally had more than my share of encounters with cops.. a few bad, but the majority went fine. I do not hate cops, nor do I bash cops in general. However, I am critical of the cops that are clearly overstepping their bounds in a lot of the threads that have been posted as of late. It is not I that sees cops as not being equal, it is increasingly those bad seeds that do not treat other humans as equal. That is why I am critical of the force.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by relocator

Thats fair enough, but laughing or expressing delight at police officers being killed......you think thats ok to do?

Its just disrespectful

This sort of behavior I might call animalistic but even animals would not stoop to this low repulsive and vile level. It is not OK. It is disgusting and reprehensible to laugh or express delight at the death of anyone and certainly that of a Police Officer. This is not criminal but it is criminal behavior.
edit on 17-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well Well Well...look what I found: Define criminal and antisocial behavior

Criminal behavior is easily defined, although the book never gives an actual
definition. Criminal behavior is any behavior that has criminal intent, or results
in punishment by law enforcement of some type. This behavior is somewhat cut and
dry, whereas antisocial behavior is a bit broader. Criminal activity is born of
instinctive impulses that the criminal chooses not to ignore. Most non-criminal
people still have some of the same impulses, but they have learned to restrain
them. (Sykes and Cullen, 1992) Although criminal and antisocial behavior is
different, they do tie in together. A person can exhibit criminal behavior without
being antisocial, and an antisocial personality may not always exhibit criminal
behavior. The thing that ties them together is that most antisocial personalities
do end up engaging in criminal behavior. Criminal behavior rarely just emerges out
of the blue. You can look back in the criminal’s life and see a wide array of
signs, and most often you will see an antisocial personality at the beginning.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

As long as there are cops there will be cop bashers. As long as there are rich people... as long as there are religious people... *shrug* Everyone is a critic

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Well, well .....re your definition, who gives a flying duck?

Criminals are engaged in activity where police are their natural enemy.
A criminal may laugh when a cop dies because of the nature of their existence.
It is already as low as you can go. For anyone else to laugh at the death of a cop or anyone for that matter is just stupid and ignorant.

If you are laughing at the death of a cop and you are not ma barker, bonnie or clyde you also are exhibiting behavior common to criminals or criminal behavior.

I am also removing the part where I agreed with you in the post above since I see now there is no way that can happen.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one

As long as there are cops there will be cop bashers. As long as there are rich people... as long as there are religious people... *shrug* Everyone is a critic

This I think is a little simplistic and skirts around the fact there may be a PROBLEM.
As long as there are criminals there will always be cops. How brilliant is that?
Everyone is a critic or they are a fan or they just roll over and wait until they have a complaint themselves before they understand others make a valid point.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Oh what happened to exchanging idea's and living in other people's shoes??? It wasn't my definition. It was what I had found interesting in regards to your statement regarding calling it criminal to laugh at someone's death and I was wondering if the meaning fit. So sorry I offend you.

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

All cops are bad cops. There is no such thing as a good cop. Police as an instution has failed and the moment you join in you're it. If there were good cops they wouldn't let the rotten ones get away with everything, cover for them and sometimes just ignore them. They'd clean house right away. Whatever hate cops get they deserve and helluva lot more.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

All cops are bad cops. There is no such thing as a good cop. Police as an instution has failed and the moment you join in you're it. If there were good cops they wouldn't let the rotten ones get away with everything, cover for them and sometimes just ignore them. They'd clean house right away. Whatever hate cops get they deserve and helluva lot more.

This is the kind of attitude im talking about

If you havent realised, police arent responsible for policing their own, thats why they have internal affairs, who's job it is to police the police. I suppose you label all the muslims as terrorists too dont you?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
I agree, I have my own reasons for that being that I was raised by a cop; But like you said, not all of them are good. There are a lot of buttholes out there that abuse their power and their badge, and a LOT of them who actually respect their job, and try to make our neighborhoods a safer place to be with genuine intent. How come we don't see the posts about every time someone ran into a Law Enforcement Officer and wasn't beat or treated poorly?
Star and Flag for you O
edit on 8/17/2011 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

use the search function and you will find
a few

here's mine ZOMG!!! got stopped by a cop just now, anomalous behavior on officers part

and then cops came and pissed on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't dislike cops, I just don't trust them. I always treat them with respect, yet most of the time I'm treated like a damn criminal. My record is crystal clean. I have had great encounters with police, but unfortunately I've had more bad than good. I won't give examples because I can't prove it, but I simply don't trust them.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Simple thread title, simple response from a simple guy
*shrug*
You are much smarter than me obviously

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

You sound like a criminal. Not that I'm judging, everybody makes a living. I don't LOVE cops but don't hate them either and I certainly recognize there ARE a lot of good ones out there and many of them do wonderful things, probably a lot more than your average folk. You might have missed this story and just recently.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are no absolutes, very few of them anyway.

Cops are not all bad, in fact most are great.
The bad cops and even bad precincts have so much power, whatever they do it reflects on all other cops.
Some cops have taken their authority too far. This just pushes an envelope and allows others to push it farther and this envelope must stop getting shoved along. People are getting to the ends of their patience and respect. There will be Martial Law soon because there will have to be. People will rightfully revolt if they feel oppressed or see blatant miscarriage of justice enough.

But hating cops is misanthropic in my view. You hate your enemies. If COPS are your enemy, it is time for an upheaval or an exodus. You don't just sit still whining and take this kind of thing up the bum.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join