It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the cop bashing? Its pathetic....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

I see what you mean, but since when is it ok to assume that all of them are bad cops? I could say that all conspiracy theorists are morons, due to some of the stuff I have seen posted on the boards...but I know thats not true.

I dont understand why its so hard for people to see the good that some cops do....Im thinking it doesnt get any coverage as people just assume that thats part of their job. But as soon as they step out of line, a number of people are straight on their back....hows that fair?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Unless there is a specific case in point, such as Kelly Thomas, the cop bashing in general is absolutely ridiculous. It's simply displaced aggression, and typically comes from folks who have broken the law, but are pretending they are innocent.

Most situations from people being injured occur when they are resisting arrest. If they have a warrant for someone, and the person resists, they then might have to do their job the hard way, but do it they will.

It's like this:
"That social worker removed my kids and I didn't do anything wrong".
"That cop hit me and I didn't do anything wrong".

Yeah, right. Sure.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am going to further my argument of living in a Police State today by just a few examples that we all are quite aware of but may need to reminded how bad it has gotten as of late.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Are we able to peacefully video the Police without threat of Arrest, NO
Are we able to peacefully assemble without having Police in full riot gear invade a lawful protest. NO
Are we allowed to assemble on any Government property and petition or Government without Police Strom Troopers dragging lawful citizens off. NO

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Are your rights being “infringed” when it comes to bearing of Arms in the US ? Can you carry a firearm in public without “permission”? NO

Amendment 3 - Quartering of Soldiers. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

I do believe that this one so far has not been reduced, this one still Yes as far as I am aware.

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Do I even have to go into the Police Kicking down doors, or Police stopping people on the Highway and searching vehicles to see what they can steal.

Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. Ratified 12/15/1791.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Well back to the No’s
We all know so well that the Police can and do deprive you of private property without due process. Today the “Policing for Profit” does allow the Police to seize cash, vehicles, any property the wish and transfer it to their own use without “due process”

We could continue on down the list, but I am not telling you anything you don’t know already.
Sure, the courts have played their part in this as has the legislators, but it is the Police who enforce their will.

Without the Police, Hitler would have remained a nobody.

Without the Police you cannot have a Police State.

Good Cops would NOT enforce the will of those who wish to destroy America from within. Bad Cops will and Do.

Remember at Nuremburg the “I was just following Orders” got you the hangman’s noose.

Each of us have to make choices everyday that creates the world in which we live. If you choose to enforce the will of the New World Order this is what you are creating.

But not just for us, more importantly this is the America we are creating for our Children, they will have no idea what Freedom was and it is the Police that do this.

Live in your dream world if you must, I for one have taken off my rose colored glasses and see the Police for what they have become.

The boot heal of oppression on the neck of Freedom, crushing the Life and Liberty out of this Great Country.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It is my opinion that most people are keyboard warriors with no experience dealing with police.
If they have then they were more than likely acting like jerks.
Having been arrested a few times,I have never been beat up or had anything happen to me like some people would AUTOMATICALLY assume.

They are human beings as well so you treat them as such....simple.

The amount of cop hater threads REALLY annoy me.
Sometimes I might not like cops....but i always respect them and show them that.
Maybe thats the reason I have never been beat up.....nah that would be too simple right??
edit on 17-8-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

Here's the arrogance that many subscribe too. So because thus far you have not happened across a cop on a trip or on a bad day, you presume that everyone who has been victimized by a cop were disrespectful? What will be your view when you encounter a cop and are respectful, but that cop can care less about your respect? Maybe a cop who hates how you look, or is an out right criminal even?

So yeah, it is too simple that because you're respectful you've never been beaten up. I've seen a 70 year old woman get beat up and she didn't get a chance to say anything. Simply because she happened to be in a high drug area.

I work in a office and because one of my customers curse me out does not give me the green light to start dropping F bombs back....because i'm at work I'm held to a higher standard. The same should go for police, because they are on duty, even if they are "disrespected" they have to maintain integrity.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Whew! I was wondering what country you live in, until I saw your avy.
Sorry, I seem to experience the U.S. in a different way than you.
I can do as I please.
Assemble peacefully, own a firearm. Whatever. I don't mind playing by the rules.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I am not assuming that they are all bad cops, this is what they become when they do not enforce the law within their own ranks.

It is a choice, and the Police do choose to “protect their own”, and this choice is what makes them ALL bad cops.

It is really simple, just enforce the law EQUALLY.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
"That social worker removed my kids and I didn't do anything wrong".
"That cop hit me and I didn't do anything wrong".

Yeah, right. Sure.

Your attitude is the reason we're in the mess we're in. Your cynicism, lack of confidence in your fellow citizen, mixed with a little "sir, yes SIR" mentality has a lot of innocent people in a bind. Or even if the people aren't innocent, they aren't given their due because they are already judged as being guilty.

The police know the hot words that cause your eyes to cloud over. The article from yesterday of the guy who shot the cop in the face, the hot words were drugs and drug paraphanalia (among others). Most persons eyes immediately cloud over and they draw the conclusion that the guy was a druggie. When in actuality an informed person who thinks for themselves should ask, "What does that extra have to do with the situation." So what if the guy has two nickel bags of weed and a pipe OR rolling papers to smoke it? Does that make him a murderer? Most people don't get that far because the "hot" words cloud their eyes over.

The problem is our legislature no longer has to do a good job. With the help of media and hot topic words, a person is guilty before they even get to trial. Sometimes they are so guilty, the prosecution will bend rules to insure it, the jury will not do its job correctly, all to insure there is a guilty verdict.

In our society it should be INNOCENT until proven guilty, but that has ceased to exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Whew! I was wondering what country you live in, until I saw your avy.
Sorry, I seem to experience the U.S. in a different way than you.
I can do as I please.
Assemble peacefully, own a firearm. Whatever. I don't mind playing by the rules.

Which is it:
You can do as you please
OR
I don't mind playing by the rules
?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

"When a cop rolls up on the scene he is in charge....people forget that.
If your attitude is its earned not given then I can see why you might not do well with them. "

I generally agree right up until the point that he/she infringes upon my rights. I would and do show the police the respect they deserve. IMHO, Police get a bad rap for at least one of the same reasons Muslims do. Moderate Muslims aren't publicly visible enough standing up against the extremist of their faith who are engaged in 29 of the 31 wars currently going on around the planet.
www.globalsecurity.org...

Likewise, the good cops don't or aren't visibly standing up and denouncing the extremists in their midst. As a result their image/brand is being ruined by the ones perpetrating constitutional rights violations on a daily basis. Look at YouTube open carry videos as just one example. It was said earlier that we shouldn't dislike the police because when we're in trouble, they will be the first ones we'll call. This may be true, albeit the same has been said about attorneys...but I haven't seen any "quit the attorney bashing" threads that I recall.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
It's because the entire idea of law enforcement needs to be revised. With the gift of greater power comes greater responsibility, cops should be held to a higher accountability.

Something just happened to a cousin this weekend that reinterates this to me. Lucky for these cops these are only cousins through my wife....if it was my personal family I would have them coming home to a mess.

a higher accountability than whom exactly?

regular people? seriously?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The big thing I have to look at is the Judicial system itself is at fault. To many times a cop does his job only to have the criminal get a smack on the wriest.
Now that would really tick me off as a cop. It does tick me off and I`m just a civilian.

And over all people snap in any line of work. We have Firemen that have actually set fires. Pilots that commit suicide. Even Nasa going off the deep end and no need to bring up postal.
We haven`t lumped them in as all bad. The police are the same. But the crime needs punished when it is brought out in the open.

There are many times you can see abuse by police and this can not go unchecked and the other officers are the ones that need to step up and stop it. Most of the time they don`t seem to be doing that it seems. So yes it is leading to the pathetic threads you see.

I`ve always given the police the respect I want back and have always received it back. They even include it in the report.

Could you imagine a world without them?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
The big thing I have to look at is the Judicial system itself is at fault. To many times a cop does his job only to have the criminal get a smack on the wriest.
Now that would really tick me off as a cop. It does tick me off and I`m just a civilian.

Remember...its a court of law....not a court of justice.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Excuse me? I believe it's rather your inclination to make a mountain out of a molehill that it is the problem.

The police have never prevented me from doing something I wanted to do, and they have always been there for me when I needed them.

I suggest your experience has been different due to your own behaviors.

Please.

For every story you give me on how awful they are, I can give you one for when they were wonderful.

You do yourself a disservice, and if you honestly believe we live in a "police state", then you must be on parole or something.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
It's because the entire idea of law enforcement needs to be revised. With the gift of greater power comes greater responsibility, cops should be held to a higher accountability.

Something just happened to a cousin this weekend that reinterates this to me. Lucky for these cops these are only cousins through my wife....if it was my personal family I would have them coming home to a mess.

a higher accountability than whom exactly?

regular people? seriously?

Would you not want someone with a pistol and complete power over you to be held to a higher accountability?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

than you or me?

are you saying you don't need to have as much as a cop?

that's the problem right there! besides, how does one measure that?

we all should have high accountability, responsibility and standards.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Excuse me? I believe it's rather your inclination to make a mountain out of a molehill that it is the problem.

The police have never prevented me from doing something I wanted to do, and they have always been there for me when I needed them.

I suggest your experience has been different due to your own behaviors.

Please.

For every story you give me on how awful they are, I can give you one for when they were wonderful.

You do yourself a disservice, and if you honestly believe we live in a "police state", then you must be on parole or something.

Good luck.

No, actually I've never had a bad encounter with a police officer either, but see that's how I differ from you. Just because it hasn't happened to me, my arrogance or indifference, doesn't cause me to believe that anything otherwise for anyone else must mean they have done something wrong.

If you can give a good example for every bad example that still isn't good enough. If only 1% of police are corrupt that is still too high.

It's obvious we live in a police state, I'm just amused that some people are fine with it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Whats up with all the cops
killing unarmed people
and dogs?

Public perception is the key
and the public thinks they are crooked
ass grabbing bastards..

WE DO NOT LIVE IN A POLICE STATE

the local pd's do not understand that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

than you or me?

are you saying you don't need to have as much as a cop?

that's the problem right there! besides, how does one measure that?

we all should have high accountability, responsibility and standards.

If you and I aren't cops, yes, they need to have more accountability than us. You and I can't plant drugs on a person, then have a judge and jurors believe our lies almost automatically and send a innocent person to prison.

You and I can't get into a verbal altercation with someone, pull out our pistol and shoot them to death, then be given the benefit of the doubt.

They should be forced to have higher accountability by having every minute of their duty on video and audio surveillance.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am a convicted felon, did time in local jail and prison, and NEVER EVER once experienced a bad cop in ALL my dealings with law, and I am talking in 2 states, not just one, the cop bashing is unwarranted and moronic

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It's obvious we live in a police state, I'm just amused that some people are fine with it.

Yes, we hire police and pay them with our tax dollars, and give them the right to walk up to someone and say "you can't do that", when they are beating up their wife, or driving under the influence, or something. It's why we pay them.

Please define "police state", from your own perspective, as I apparently have a different take on what that entails.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join