It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heartbreaking: 7th Grade Girl Raped Twice, Blamed and Punished By School Officials Both Times

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
That's horrible. Talk about adding insult to injury, and she had issues to begin with.

I believe this type of thing happens more than we know it. When I was in 8th grade, got thrown to the ground and my intimate parts manhandled by about 4 boys. I yelled while the teach was in the hallway, got sent to the office and detention for being disruptive. The vice principal was a big football supporter, and the four boys were key players, mighta had something to do with it. But the teacher too?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Its $hit like this that gets me worried about my Daughter (she is 4 years old) and her future in the present schooling system. I am very very close and leaning towards sending her to a private church school with dress code.

It is very sad to imagine what the poor girl must be going through mentally.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm going to wait for the courts to settle this. I will say I doubt the girl's story. I taught 6th grade for a year and subbed at a middle school for two years prior to that. I was often requested by special ed teachers because my size and my voice intimidated the students at least a little. Special ed students are never left unsupervised because many of them do have a propensity towards violence. Most special ed classes in the district I taught in always had two staff in the room, a teacher and an aide. The type of incident the lawsuit describes would just not be possible. They may have found DNA evidence but I'd bet it didn't get on her at school. Oh yeah, all students lie but special ed students lie the most. Many of them are not in the program for any special educational needs but because they were extreme discipline problems in regular class. The close monitoring of the special ed students made it much harder for them to act out.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join