It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heartbreaking: 7th Grade Girl Raped Twice, Blamed and Punished By School Officials Both Times

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The first time she was raped, school officials told her she was lying. They even demanded she write and hand-deliver an apology letter to her attacker. Twisting the knife a little deeper, the school expelled her for the rest of the year. The devastating sequence of events that followed suggests that school officials may actually have wanted the girl to have been attacked, or punished for speaking-out, once more She was raped by the same boy in the library the following year.

According to the Springfield News-Leader, the 7th grade special education student at Republic Middle School in Springfield, MO reported her rape in the spring of 2009. School officials refused to believe her, and after suffering through "multiple intimidating interrogations," she recanted the claim. What's more, a school psychologist's report said the girl "would forego her own needs and wishes to satisfy the request of others around so that she can be accepted." In other words, the already victimized twelve-year-old might have taken back her statement after school officials demonized her for being raped.

When she returned to school the following year, the school refused her mother's request for extra monitoring and did not separate her from her rapist who, thanks to the apology letter, knew she had told. If the school wanted the girl to be victimized a third time, they got their wish. In February 2010, the lawsuit says her attacker "was able to hunt [her] down, drag her to the back of the school library, and again forcibly rape her." This time, she and her mother reported the rape to the police, and a rape kit tested positive for her attacker's semen. He plead guilty to charges in juvenile court.

The school's next move made it clear that it was not lack of evidence fueling officials' accusation that she was lying, but a deep-seeded hatred for women: Incredibly, the twelve-year-old rape victim was suspended for for "Disrespectful Conduct" and "Public Display of Affection" - two absolutely disgusting ways to categorize rape. The school had victimized the girl a fourth time, slut-shaming a rape victim for an attack that happened on school property, and one her mother sought to prevent by requesting their separation.

Honestly the article is biased but assuming this is true, there are no words. How can people be so messed up lol? Like really.

www.alternet.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
That's so sickening, I have no words for it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Please, it's a public school. I'm surprised they still provide food.
I feel horrid for the girl but pubic schools don't do s**t when it comes to things like this. I am sickened and I want to find the girl and hug her. So, so sad.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yes, it is amazing that people are so stupid as these school officials are. Were I the parent of that girl, I would have every cent that town has, and then some.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Yes, it is amazing that people are so stupid as these school officials are. Were I the parent of that girl, I would have every cent that town has, and then some.

I would've gotten my landlord and asked him to draw up a lawsuit,(he is a lawyer) talk about ridiculous. I don't see what was so hard to believe about being raped. Especially if there was a rape kit done.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
All I could think of in my head over and over again while reading this was screaming in my head "WTF!!!!!"

As a victim of rape this is deplorable, dispicable, discusting, ignorant, horrid, I cant even describe in words what is going through my mind right now, a sense of incredibly deep rage, and sickness towards this school and the MONSTERS that kept putting her through this.

THIS is why girls are afraid to speak up.
THIS is why we stay silent for so long.

My entire heart and soul goes out to her, oh my.... I don't even...

I can't even describe properly how I feel at this very moment.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
When she was raped the first time and school officials refused to do anything about it, they should have gone straight to the police.

I think it also says something about our society that the boy was able to do it this many times without suffering some serious injuries from the girl. Folks, teach your daughters that unless the person has a knife to her throat or a gun to hear head, she is to fight back when somebody starts junk like that. Don't teach her to speak up AFTER the fact, teach her to teach that thug a lesson BEFORE it happens.
edit on 17-8-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

My sister and I were taught to fight back as children, were even told that we would be punished worse if we just stood there and took it. Some boy tried to rape her in the 9th grade and wound up in the hospital with a broken nose and dislocated jaw. I had literally never seen my father prouder.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
When she was raped the first time and school officials refused to do anything about it, they should have gone straight to the police.

I think it also says something about our society that the boy was able to do it this many times without suffering some serious injuries from the girl. Folks, teach your daughters that unless the person has a knife to her throat or a gun to hear head, she is to fight back when somebody starts junk like that. Don't teach her to speak up AFTER the fact, teach her to teach that thug a lesson BEFORE it happens.

Even if someone has a knife or a gun to your head, you FIGHT. you FIGHT TO THE DEATH! If they are going to kill you at Point A they will Definitly Kill you at Point B. Your best chance is to fight for your life! My dad always told me, gouge their eyes out. If they werent going to kill you, you might get away, but you NEVER. and I repeat, NEVER let them take you to point B.

PS. Given there are situations and circumstances where the girl is unable to fight back, or is not in the proper state of mind; if you can fight, you fight.
edit on 8/17/2011 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Whilst I am truly at a loss for words to describe the schools pathetic actions, WTF was the mother doing , sending her BACK to that situation- 3 FRIGGIN times!!!!
What the hell sort of community is that??? The school officials, the mother, the rapist?????
Utterly freakin speechless.............

edit on 17-8-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What mother would even PERMIT her daughter to write a bloody apology to the RAPIST & make her HAND DELIVER it to her rapist???
I mean , really???
This is just not ringing true, I'm afraid.
The mother should be charged along with all the other bastards that allowed this to happen.

edit on 17-8-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Suspended for PDA? With who was she being so affectionate with in public? The guy on top of her? I hope that is not the case.

As awful as it is thet the school demonized this poor girl, I truly hope she is not being suspended for inappropriate behavior because of the rape. I don;t think we're getting the full story. How does a rape victim get suspended for PDA? If this is the case, the superintendant and all involved should be fired immediately! This is about child safety and simple values. Any child being abused needs to be looked into immediately, and local authorities need to be involved. This girl may be traumatized for life and it could have been prevented. The subsequent rapes anyway.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ehh, something doesnt sound right here...no flames needed but it just doesnt make sense..

I have a inkling that the girl just got caught with her bang buddy in class and in fear of getting in trouble proclaimed rape...yes 12yr old have sex these days. YEs she wanted to be accepted by the classmate or whatever group so she slept w/ him

The girl was in special ed, this does not mean she was mentally retarded but could mean was just mentally unstable, still conscious enough to make a decision to have sex with her class mate...just because you are 12 and deemed mildly insane doesnt mean you cant agree to sex..

I just dont buy that if it was legit rape that the girl would be back at the same school...and ok they tested for semen and semen was found, well that doesnt men there was literal rape involved...

The way I see it is her and her bf had sex, she got into trouble for it, said rape but then through counseling (i dont buy the intimidating interrogating bs) it was found out to be consensual or didnt even fully take place...she was then made to write an apology letter...im fairly inclined to say this assailant wasnt someone she hated or feared but maybe even looked up to...

This happens all the time, not so cool girl sleeps with cool guy to try to become cool.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Please, it's a public school. I'm surprised they still provide food.
(
edit on 17-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Its barely considered food even by prison standards..

Plus my suspicions are that it may actually be classified as medication.. no doubt there are drugs in it. the brainwashing requires drugs to allow it to 'sink in'...

And this poor girl is an excellent case for the need of vigilante justice against those involved not only in her disgusting attack but More so the admin slime who tore her heart out..where is the A-team? B.A. Barracus we need you...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Honestly the article is biased

Agreed. At the age of 34, I am very unlikely to have sex again in my life; and one of the main reasons why, is because I am aware of the degree to which doing so puts my life in a woman's hands, legally and otherwise. In the eyes of the Left, men are disposable and do not have the right to exist, but women can do no wrong.

I am not saying that this girl was not legitimately attacked; she may well have been, and if she was, those responsible should be brought to justice. All I am saying is that to a greater degree than the Left generally is willing to realise, the door can and does swing both ways.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Disgraceful.......

I'd get a big hot shot lawyer and sue the school and Dept of Education for millions

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
How come the school officials are even involved? It is a job of police to investigate rape accusations and law enforcement to punish people, the duty of school officials is to report the accusation to police, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
...who was the rapist related to?

I live in a small town and every day you hear of biased injustice. Things get covered up and twisted as a rule. So was it a small town?

But the fact remains... who was the boy related to? This story screams cover-up to me.

Disgusting
Deplorable
Despicable
Disparaging

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sounds like a pretty big lawsuit if you ask me.....Still won't fix that poor girl, but at least they can get some money out of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i'm surprised that my fellow members are surprised about this, after all such cases are usually part of the schools curriculum

Memo to the Victims: You Yourselves Will Pay for the Crimes of the Ruling Class

Focus on the critical sentence: "Yet, when a victim explodes or acts out in unacceptable ways, these same officials are shocked and indignant."

What exactly are these "unacceptable ways" of exploding or acting out? Who decided they were "unacceptable"? Why is it that "reluctant school officials" will not "take definitive action" against the bullies -- thus tacitly conceding that the bullying itself is not all that "unacceptable" -- while the same officials are "shocked and indignant" when the victim protests too strongly?

This pattern, and certain of its origins, will be found throughout history, in every culture around the world. The pattern is a simple and deadly one: the oppressor -- that is, those who are in the superior position, whether they are parents, school officials, or the government, or in a superior position merely by virtue of physical strength -- may inflict bodily harm and/or grievous, lifelong emotional and psychological injury, but the victim may only protest within the limits set by the oppressor himself. The oppressor will determine those forms of protest by the victim that are "acceptable."

You see this pattern with regard to many helpless, lonely children in addition to Billy Wolfe...
The oppressor may inflict unimaginable cruelties on innocent victims -- but the victims may only protest in ways which the oppressor deems "acceptable." The profound injustice is obvious, but not in itself remarkable or unexpected: this is how oppression operates. But ask yourself about the deeper reason for the prohibition. This is of the greatest importance: the victims may only protest within a constricted range of "permissible" behavior because, when they exceed the prescribed limits, they make the oppressors too uncomfortable. They force the oppressors to confront the nature of what they, the oppressors, have done in ways that the oppressors do not choose to face.

Take some time to appreciate the unfathomable cruelty of this pattern. You may be grievously harmed and even permanently damaged by the actions of those who hold unanswerable power -- but you may only speak about this evil and its effects within the very narrow limits set by those who would destroy you. If you are killed, the identical prohibitions apply to those who still manage to survive and who would protest the unforgivable crime committed against you. In this manner, the complacency and comfort of those who possess immense power and wealth are underwritten by the silence forced upon their victims. The victims may speak and even protest, but only within severely circumscribed limits, and only so long as their rulers are not made to feel too uncomfortable, or too guilty. Anything which approaches too close to the truth is strictly forbidden.

we are daily fed a diet of injustices through the media, just so we know who is really in charge here.

any children of mine will be home schooled, period.

failing that they will not be leaving the house defenseless especially the girls:

"10yr old girl stomps attackers testicles, doctors forced to amputate"

expect her.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Link to CBS News site about story

Lawsuit PDF

School district's response PDF

No surprise to me at all, I've had similar results from school district officials, when my daughter was assaulted at school (not rape, thankfully), it seems schools want to brush things under the rug as much as possible to maintain their image of "a good school to send your kids to" that way they can maintain higher parental (monetary) support.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join