It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is this Nibiru?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
So, i'll keep it relatively short and sweet, I'd like to start by saying i don't believe In nibiru, in fact i find the whole story has more contradictions in it than the bible.

So, we're all closing in on on the elusive 2012, and this Nibiru is meant to be incoming. A brief flashback to 2009 would show you that these Nibiru informants and "experts" were saying that it would be visible to the naked eye by mid 2011, now we're the best part of one month past that, we still can't see it, so they "experts" come back with "it's a brown dwarf, you can't see it, it doesn't reflect light, you won't see it until it's ultra close" so is this the same kind of conundrum as Harold Camping and his prediction of The Rapture? It didn't happen when it was supposed to so he puts the date forward,

So why can't we see this, it would reflect light, im sure it would the moon does, in fact every known object in our universe reflects light off of our sun, just so i rejog your memories here's a few Links of info on these nibiru Lovers ideas of when it will be visible, Nibiru Info 1 / Nibiru Info 2

So what happens now, is or isn't it coming? so far the only proof we've had is a few twisted ancient stories, a supposed NASA cover up and just videos of the sun and a mysterious object beside it, which in my other thread Here: My Thread The video i made here proves that it is just a lens flare or camera artifact, really, people obsessed with this planet are twisting stories and scientific facts to makes ends meet and make a rather popular conspiracy.

Thoughts Please

Regards,
Skeptic Dan

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think its near Uranus.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Niburu is actually almost here. If you do the research into comet elenin, its supposedly nibiru.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
believe whatever you want.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It don't think it exists at all. Not as a comet or any kind of space matter. Every time I see a thread about Elenin being real, or not being real, or being Planet X, I wanna cut a finger off, it annoys me that much.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i will tell you where nibiru is you ignoramous !!.....

its...

its...

in our imaginations

anyone who says differnt

i suggest the help of doctors in white coats

anyone who says differnt

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticDan

Where are all the infra-red scopes looking into space? Do we have any like IRAS on Earth? Until this is answered, I will never know.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Non-existent sweetheart, don't think I haven't looked for it. It's just not there. Or just isn't coming.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Where are all the infra-red scopes looking into space? Do we have any like IRAS on Earth?

Why would we need an infrared scope? An object that reflects light does not need to be seen in IR. The use of IR is difficult on Earth since the atmosphere absorbs the incoming IR and also radiates IR making detection basically impossible from terrestrial observatories.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Non-existent sweetheart, don't think I haven't looked for it. It's just not there. Or just isn't coming.

It failed to appear in 2000, 2003 and 2005 too

Why? It doesnt exist

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Well, it supposedly an Infra red only object, and I find it convenient that they have taken down all the infra-red scopes in outer space.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

People need to stop claiming there is a conspiracy regarding WISE, Spizter, IRAS, etc. All of these projects ran as long as they were scheduled to. In fact WISE ran for an extra four months as NEOWISE. So, if they're trying to cover something up they're doing a pretty poor job of it by extending the mission of the only telescope that can see this thing. Furthermore, with the exception of things like infrared cirri and black holes (read: not planets or stars) everything reflects light.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

True, and it's not like the public would be shown anything anyway, so I guess the drama needs to stop. They're not exactly going to be like "Hey, the public wants to see Nibiru, lets take some photos of the Destroyer".

Honestly, I hope that it isn't real, or if it is, it isn't the Destroyer.

Personally, even though I've been reading a heap of stuff, I feel if Nibiru exists it is a Death Star type ship that was the one that collided with TIAMAT after being destroyed in a Space War that involved Ea-Enki (I think)

I do agree, it should be visible somehow, all the pictures/art show a massive planet that can be seen.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Unless I am mistaken, the whole idea of Nibiru (the 'Destroyer') began with Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation of ancient Sumerian texts in one of his popular books.

Should we take his word for it or should we possibly entertain an alternative interpretation from someone who is a true expert in ancient languages:

Mike Heiser earned an M.A. (1998) and Ph.D. (2004) in Hebrew Bible and Ancient Semitic Languages from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His dissertation was entitled, "The Divine Council in Late Canonical and Non-Canonical Second Temple Jewish Literature" (English translation: the dissertation dealt with the presence of a pantheon in the Hebrew Bible and the binitarian nature of ancient Israelite religion and Judaism, a backdrop for the the belief in the deity of Christ in the New Testament). Before going to the UW-Madison, Mike also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (1992; major fields, Ancient Syria-Palestine and Egyptology). Mike can do translation work in roughly a dozen ancient languages, among them Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Greek, Aramaic, Syriac, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Phoenician, Moabite, and Ugaritic cuneiform. He has also studied Akkadian and Sumerian independently.

From Dr. Heiser's web site: www.sitchiniswrong.com...

Here is a video that I created showing you where to find the leading dictionary of cuneiform words online (for free). Viewers can find that source and do what I do in the rest of the video: look up the entry for nibiru (spelled neberu in scholarly transliteration) and check to see if any of the above ideas are found in any Akkadian or Sumerian texts that mention nibiru. Spoiler: there aren't any -- but don't take my word for it. Look it up yourself.

As always, do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The simple analogy I like to use is a light bulb. Can you see a light bulb before it is turned on? Yes, if there is another light source in the area. The same applies to objects in space. There is the Sun. The Sun makes it possible to see the Moon even though the Moon only emits IR. We see the Moon because it reflects light.

The IR scopes detect heat. They have to be cooled so that they do not see themselves. The coolant has leaked from the cameras in space. They do not detect as well as they once did since the detectors are affected by the IR from the satellites.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thanks. I understand and appreciate the fact you took the time to explain it to me.
IR cameras brought down due to old-age, loss of functionality.

Riddle me this?

What would it take for an object to be unnoticeable, such as Nibiru? Play Devils advocate with me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

That's an interesting question.

An object could go undetected if it did not have 2 properties:
1. Had a low enough gravity to not affect other known objects that are tracked
2. Did not reflect enough light to be detected

Recall that Uranus and Neptune were discovered because the paths of known objects could not be predicted. Even go back to Greek times and think about the crystal spheres. Motions could not be predicted. The Greeks tried all sorts of variations on the crystal spheres, but they could not predict the motions of the planets. The Greeks assumed that their model needed to be changed to address what they observed.

Later on in the heliocentric model there were still problems even after Kepler's laws were used. The assumption was that there must be some body applying a force that was causing a difference between predictions and observation. The search for planet X was based on the same issue. That was resolved when it was discovered that Neptune's mass was wrong. It was off by 0.5%, about the mass of Mars. With the corrected mass of Neptune predictions matched observations. It is important to understand that the 2 are the same within the precision of the measurements that can be taken. With that understanding it is possible to ask the question of how close a small planet could be without detection. Iorio published an article in which he proposes that a planet the size of Mars could be within 70AU. At that distance the affects on the known planets would be small enough that our measurements could not detect the presence of the planet.

Light on the other hand is a much stronger constraint. There are whole sky surveys that photograph the entire sky in great detail. These can detect magnitude 18 objects. A Mars or Earth sized planet could be detected out 320AU. Pluto's orbit takes it out to 50AU at most. A Jupiter sized planet could be detected out 2100AU.

If an object is small enough its gravity does not affect other objects to a degree that can be measured and also it would reflect insufficient light to be detected.

Even asteroids that are small are detected and tracked. TU55 is 400m in diameter and it is tracked. Larger and small space rocks are tracked.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i have a question, how come you can only see it in infrared? what makes it to be that hard to see.. can someone explain ?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

I believe that the idea that it is only visible in IR comes from the fact that brown dwarfs emit energy in the form of IR. These stars are not hot enough to glow in the optical part of the spectrum. This claim is promoted by hoaxers to trick people into their claim that death and destruction is upon us.

Jupiter is made up of materials very similar to a brown dwarf. It also emits IR. That doesn't mean it can't be seen.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

I think its near Uranus.

Damn I near the end of the page and still can't stop laughing

You were just waiting for a thread like this to pop up now weren't you now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join