It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis has anyone had it?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi,

As per this thread, I have had these type of symptoms or Dreams?? when I was young. Here is what I used to experience and I will answer the Q's you have posted.

I used to have Dreams (hallucinations) where by I would be awake and my mum used to speak to me and I would speak back. My dreams we of small people that would be at the bottom of my bed. They had no face's which is the main thing I used to tell my mum (whilst she was trying to wake me up). There face's were the shape of a plastic pick (used to play the Guitar). They were a green/purple color that I can remember.

I also used to remember a sensation of the room getting bigger and bigger as if I was getting lost (within the room) and like a feeling of my skin being stretched.

My mum used to hear me shouting and come in and I would be sat up wide awake telling her what I could see? I am not sure if this is Sleep Paralysis or just dreams. The Dr told my mum these were just hallucinations.

I must have had these dreams from say the age of 5 or 6 till I was about 10 or 11. I have never had one since or the sensation of the room getting bigger or skin stretching??? But I can remember them clearly.

The people I used to see at the bottom of my bed never did anything but were just there looking at me (even though they had no eye's, mouth, ears, or nose) I just assumed they were faces.

I also remember the feeling as if they wanted to take me somewhere and that's when I would shout out in my sleep.

All my dreams (hallucinations) were in my bed room and as I was dreaming or (hallucinating) it would be the same room and not a different room as your normally see in dreams. (It was so real).

now for the Q's

1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located? 5 in Manchester England
2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen? It went of for around 4 to 5 years but never happened since. But we did move when I was about 13 -14
3. What you saw (if anything). small people that would be at the bottom of my bed. They had no face's
4. What happened? I don't remember them talking but I had the sensation of the room getting bigger and my skin stretching (I know that's odd) and also the sense they wanted me to go somewhere
5. How long did it last? 4-5 years if you mean the dreams then they could be 5 mins to 20 mins
6. Were you able to do anything to stop it? No I just finally woke up with my mum talking to me
7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate) No
8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say? They said nothing it was just a sense of being taken away
9. Did the experience feel positive / negative. negative (like a scary nightmare/ I can still remember it now clearly and I am 27
10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself) Not that I can recall

I have never thought anything of this and never discussed it only one or twice. Like I say this is probley just a dream as I am not a sceptical person. I thought I would share this with you and see what you think..........?

I am an only child not sure if that's anything to do with it?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Sister

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theinfernal

Thanks for sharing your story, im actually amazed at how many people are experiencing these demonic spirits.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga

Sister

Oops sorry, my bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Thanks for sharing your story, im actually amazed at how many people are experiencing these demonic spirits.

Im not so sure it was demonic, per say. It was very odd though.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by YUGOD

Sounds like another case of spiritual warfare, just remember you won't be able to fight these things with bats or clubs, the only way to beat them is by prayer. Thanks.
edit on 18-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Hi, all paranormal activity is demonic, they are fallen angels playing tricks on people.

Oh yeah, and i'd just like to say that anyone here that's susceptible to bad Dreams or hallucinations, really need to change the focus of there mind whilst they are in bed, instead of being in fear change your thoughts and focus on Christ Jesus and your mind will no longer be focused on negative thoughts. BUT if you really are being attacked spiritually by fallen angels unless your saved you will not be able to get rid of them and it will continue happening to you, since its not enough to simply believe Jesus existed...

link   
1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located?
I was 11. I was sleeping in my bedroom.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen?
It's been going on ever since. It happens often, mostly when I sleep on my right side.

3. What you saw (if anything).
I remember the first time it happened, it was pretty scary. In the dream I was in my room near the hallway. A necklace with a saint on it fell to the ground out of my hand. There was a small blue glowing light fluttering around it, and for some reason I was trying to kick it away. I then fell to the ground paralyzed. I couldn't move or speak, but I could still see. What I saw was a saint figure who resembled Mary in a sort of classic Mary pose, head slightly tilted arms to the side sort of stretching out. She had a blue robe on with two gold crosses on each side.

She appeared to be trying to say something but her voice was really strange and because I was so frightened I couldn't really make out what she was saying.

4. What happened?
I eventually woke up still paralyzed for a few minutes. First time anything like that had happened to me.

5. How long did it last?
Not sure how long the dream actually lasted. I've experienced it plenty of other times since then though, that was the only time a dream was linked with it. It usually last about 2-10 minutes. Sometimes I try to make it last longer but it eventually just goes away.

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it?
Not the first time. Now all I have to really do is move a finger or something and I'll gradually snap out of it.

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate)
No not really.

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say?
I couldn't make out what they were trying to say. That type of dream only happened once. Usually now it's something I experience after waking up. I seem to always find myself on my right side during sleep paralysis.

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative.
Negative the first time. I was literally afraid to sleep again for days. It was a negative experience for a long time, but then after having done research and finding out many people experience it I tried to make it into something positive. When it happens now a'days I welcome it and try to push my self further. Sometimes If I just let it happen I'll go in and out of sleep while paralyzed for a good while. I usually feel a presence but never see anything. It's not something I fear anymore.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)
I actually always feel recharged and full of energy after it happens now.

link   

The first time I had sleep paralysis was when I was about 15 or 16 years old. I had been in taking a nap in a bedroom when it happened.

About three or four years now. It still happens every so often.

The first time I saw a purple glow once I "opened" my eyes. Other times darkness. I have felt things such as a hand touching me.

4. What happened?

The first time it happened was the strangest. I "woke" up to find that I was having trouble breathing and that I couldn't move. It felt as if I was covered by a lead blanket. Everything was dark because I couldn't open my eyes. It felt as if they were glued shut. After a few tries of attempting to open my eyes I managed it. But the strangest thing was that they still felt as if they were closed but it was as if I opened these second pair of eyes. Anyways, there was this glowing purple light and I could see my hands spayed out in front of me. I wasn't sure what to do as I was panicking so I imagined that I had driven all my energy into a ball and bounced it chaotically everywhere within my body trying to get out. Eventually I focused solely on my hand when suddenly it shot out like a rocket. It wasn't as if I was awake, no, what happened was there was a second body overlaying my solid body. It was the strangest thing in the world because I had lost feeling in my solid body. I had to climb my way out of my body before I was completely free. The first things that registered in my mind were the fact that I was weightless and that I was free. I have had dreams where I was weightless but this feeling I was having didn't compare. It was amazing. After, I stopped my excitement from bubbling over I looked down to find that my body was gone! All that was there was this pitch blankness and that was when I realized it was like that all around me. It was just a world of endless darkness. It was a peaceful type of darkness. I didn't feel threatened what so ever. I had nothing else to do and I felt pretty excited so I just began to walk along. I never felt worried or scared. After a while in the distance I saw a light in the distance. It grew larger and larger and before I knew it I was standing in front of it. I'll say this now, that light was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. It was just a bright, pure light that seemed to have texture, but no texture at the same time. It also sent out this warm, conforming, and inviting feeling too. I was about to touch it when I heard boy yell: "Don't touch it." Since I hadn't been expecting that I snapped back awake or into my body.

The next few times weren't so exciting. Mostly me waiting it out. Once while I was waiting I felt a small cold hand touch the side of my body. That happened while I was sleeping at a Disneyland hotel. It just came through the sheets and blankets and touched me. I was sleeping by myself at the time and there weren't any children with us.

5. How long did it last?

I'm not sure...felt like forever until I "left." Other times it took a while as I waited it out. You can't tell time.

Not at first, you could stop it if you wanted by changing your breathing patterns. Other than that you could wait it out.

In my own way.

No.

Positive.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)

I have felt very excited and bubbly and sometimes nervous.

I will add that I don't tend to get as freaked out because I had a seizure disorder as a child that caused paralysis. Meaning at first I will freak out but afterwards I'll be fine. It transfered over to sleep paralysis.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

ive had it about three times in my life, it was some time ago since i last had it. if its where you wake up and just cant move and it feels like someone is pushing down on you and you just cant move at all then its the same thing your talking about, if not it must be something else. its not a nice thing to happen and can be pretty scary. not had it happen for a few years now. i used to get it when i was stoned, but i dont do drugs anymore so it might just have been the drugs that caused it, thought i should be honest about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
How can anyone say SP is a result of a demonic experience? Your body is paralised for REM sleep, and you wake up during this naturally occuring process and it takes a moment for the body to release the paralysis... Disorders that effect REM sleep patterns are almost always accompanied by SP, use of some sedatives and opioids can also increase the likelihood of its occurance...

The visuals such as static, the feeling of a presence in the room as well as that horrid noise you often hear during an attack can easily be explained away by the sleep process.

When I was a child the experiences would disturb me to the point where I tried not to sleep, but I never thought it was anything supernatural etc, give me a break :/

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by weknowall

Hey don't be in fear, they are demons, personally i believe all aliens are really demons in disguise anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

reply to post by deanx

YOU ARE UNDER SPIRITUAL ATTACK!

I think the TV turning into static when this happened to you just proves it.

I would suggest you follow the steps in the video.

Everyone is under a Spiritual attack everyday. It's called Temptation.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

i was about 18 and it was in my bedroom

it has only happened the once as far as i know but it has happened to other family members in my household

couldnt see anything as i couldnt open my eyes (same with family member)

4. What happened?

well pretty much i felt like i had awoken suddenly but unable to move or open my eyes, i felt a weird sensation over me that was making me slide down to the foot of my bed. the sensation was a tingling feeling. it stopped as abrubtly as it began which is odd. i also like to mention what happened to my family member as it happened in the same house maybe it has something to do with it. she had the same feeling of being awoken suddenly and unable to move or open eyes, however she had a deceased relative talk to her in this state.

5. How long did it last?

felt about 5 minutes but was hard to tell

not at all.

no

No but see question 4

negative for me but positive for my family member

just confusion

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

reply to post by weknowall

Hey don't be in fear, they are demons, personally i believe all aliens are really demons in disguise anyway.

funny, i believe demons are actually aliens. Posing as demons. (vampire aliens if you ask me)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

reply to post by rapunzel222

I believe you and i'm very sorry your grandfather had to go through electro shock therapy. My grandfather also was put through that as he has bi-polar and imo its nothing short of torture. I think you could also be under spiritual attack.

well you never know i guess.

It hasn't happened lately.

I always try to look for a solid this world explanation for things i guess - just the way i am. So the idea of it being aliens probably seems to have more appeal to me.

But who knows i suppose.

I'm not religious tho.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I was about 35 years old
It was over a period of 3-4 months. It no longer happens
Saw nothing but heard high pitched sound in my ear
I was awake but absolutely unable to move and aware something was happening
It would last until I managed to make a grunt or something so my wife would shake me and I would wake up
I am a Christian. Once I realized it was somethign trying to get me to believe in aliens we prayed against the spiritual attack and nothing ever occurred since.
It was spiritual
The experience, at first being negative was actually positive because I got closer to God again.
During the experience I didn;t feel well but after dealing with the cause I was fantastic.

1) If aliens actually exist they certainly know who Christ is as they listen to commands in his name.
2) If it wasn't aliens but a figmanet of my imagination then positive affirmation works
3) If it was demons or something 1) still applies

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yep. I get it all the time. Usually lasts what feels like a few minutes, then I guess I fall back asleep. Always get the feeling of a presence aswel. I've only ever been able to move my eyes.. Its horrible. Waking up to weird marks the lot. Been having it a while now. Still trying to figure out what this triangle symbol is on the palm of my hand that wasnt there 6 months ago

edit on 18-8-2011 by JDARK11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

If you go to my profile i actually made a thread on what these so called "aliens" actually are.

It may be of some interest to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDARK11
Yep. I get it all the time. Usually lasts what feels like a few minutes, then I guess I fall back asleep. Always get the feeling of a presence aswel. I've only ever been able to move my eyes.. Its horrible. Waking up to weird marks the lot. Been having it a while now. Still trying to figure out what this triangle symbol is on the palm of my hand that wasnt there 6 months ago

edit on 18-8-2011 by JDARK11 because: (no reason given)

Wow are you seriouse? that sounds like the new world order symbol for the beast system.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join