It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis has anyone had it?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located?

I was, and still am, 29 years old. I live in Oklahoma.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen?

Over the span of a couple of weeks in May of this year it happened twice. It happened right after a close friend had died. I'm unsure if that was related, but it had never happened before that.

3. What you saw (if anything).

I was aware of everything. My cat laying beside me, where objects would be in the room, my own breathing. In both instances, I saw rapidly moving swirls of colors to start with, as well as heard a great whooshing of air through my ears. The second time it happened, after the colors stopped, it was like I opened my eyes without opening my eyes, and saw a shadowy man in the doorway.

4. What happened?

First, I became aware, but could not move a muscle. Then the noise and colors started. Like I said, I was aware of my surroundings. The first time I flipped out and willed with everything I had for it to stop. I don't know how log it went on, but finally I could move. The second time, I tried to just roll with it, and as I said above, eventually I could actually see the room around me. There was a figure in the doorway, and he said, "Oh..." in the saddest voice. It was way to much for me, and I freaked out. When I could move I turned the light on and couldn't go back to sleep for a long time. It really shook me up.

5. How long did it last?

I can only estimate, but both times felt longer than ten minutes.

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it?

It was like fighting against quicksand, but I fought it and eventually I could move again. I don't really know how I fought it other than willing my body parts to snap out of it.

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate)

No, agnostic.

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say?

The man who said, "Oh..." wasn't scary in and of himself. But the experience was disconcerting.

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative.

It felt negative. My heart was pounding after. It's scary when your limbs refuse to obey you.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)

Not really other than being pumped up on adrenaline.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I have experienced Sleep Paralysis a few times in my life. It has been a long time so I do not recall much more than I was having some kind of dream that I was so scared I would disparately try to wake up out of the dream. I remember calling out to my husband hoping he would help wake me up. I remember in reality, even me calling out was apparently in my dream because I didn't make any noise according to my husband. I was unable to move or call out...but I have never had a dream involving UFOs, I know that much.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I have only had this happen a couple times in my life. Let me start by saying I am a healthy, athletic 32 year old man (I surf every day). I do not have any of the medical conditions normally associated with SP. I am not narcoleptic nor do I have sleep apnea. Furthermore, I do not use drugs.

The last time I had this happen was about two years ago. I jolted wide awake at 2 or 3 am because I felt someone climbing onto my bed. When I opened my eyes a young-ish man (mid twenties to thirties) in contemporary clothing ( T-shirt and trousers) was on top of me pinning me down, straddling me with his hands holding me at the top of my biceps, near my shoulders. At the side of the bed was a woman of similar age. She was kneeling on the floor and leaning over the bed with her putrid face staring into the right hand side of my face. Neither of them seemed old in age, but both were putrid. they're facial structures showed that they may have even been attractive at some point.

The feeling in the air was heavy with black malice. I was trying to move but could not. And I had a feeling that the female was refraining from a strong desire to bite into my face, but instead was considering about what next to do with me. They were very real, physically there with me and I was wide awake. after some seconds of their close, malicious, face to face scrutiny of me, another man entered my room directly through the wall. He was tall, in his early 20's and I could tell immediately that he was stronger than my attackers. The 3rd party came directly at the man pinning down and slashed into him with strong hand blows. I could see chunks of my attacker flying off from the blows and immediately I could move again.

The second that I could move, I lashed out at the female next to me, punching and slashing at her face. Her form became less corporal and my punches were taking away chunks of her as well... I was damaging her. Both the Male and the female were screaming, almost as if in dismay of defeat. Then they all faded away. The whole while that they faded out, the tall newcomer continued thrashing on the male attacker.

After I had calmed down, I had a strong feeling that the third party to enter my room was the young form of my grandfather, in fact, I am almost certain it was.

I understand that people want to explain this with science... but this ABSOLUTELY WAS NOT an instance of me still dreaming or interrupted REM cycle / muscle weakness or what ever other scientific reasoning behind SP. This was an attack by two malevolent beings.

This is not a Joke and I am not making this up, I remember this instance very vividly. It was terrifying.

I believe in god, but do not attend church. This happened in Jaco, Costa Rica. The feeling was completely negative, but lightened up considerably upon the arrival of the 3rd party.

edit on 25-8-2012 by costahilbert because: I noticed some typos!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Woo Hoo...All the time. Ive had it all my life. at least from the time I was about 10 maybe. im 36 now. Sometimes its terrible.I dont think im getting snatched by martians and probed though. I think ive experienced every phase or type that ive read about. yea I think ive experienced most of the symptoms. Really not a whole lot to say about it except it sucks and it sucks. Maybe 3 of the many crazy sleeps ive had have been cool. I chalk it up to must be just the way Im wired. Dont really buy in to any of the remote viewing etc. I think its simply coincidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thank you . Awesome stuff. Excercise helps me. Along with a few different herbal home remedies. Problem with the herbal stuff is that as soon as you quit using it the 'HSP' comes back with a vengance.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
For what its worth: I have experienced HSP sleep paralysis.

I think I was 16-18 yrs old, so almost 20 years ago.

The first time it happened it was really freaky. I think I have had it a total of 3 times at most, but the first time was the most profound for sure.

I saw a small black shadow figure. Almost exactly like the black demon figures in the movie ghost with Patrick swayze .

4. What happened?
It felt like my body was being held down by some force, yet I could see all around the room. The force felt like like the graviton ride that spins you around and you try to move your head up but you cant. My girlfriend was on the side of me in the bed and I could see her and I could see these black creatures.

5. How long did it last?
it felt like 10 minutes.

I tried to get up , but i couldn't and I didn't know what was going on except that I knew I had to get up and something very strange was going on. I'm not religious nor was I back then but I started to pray to god.
I guess you could say I had a come to Jesus moment.
The black creatures eventually went into the closet and then I woke up . Very surreal.

No, I'm agnostic

I vaguely remember my girlfriend turning to me and saying something about the devil or along those lines.

It was freaky as heck.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)
No, just a very weird experience that I couldn't really explain. This was before Google so I wasn't able to really research it to easily. Then one day I saw a show with a Harvard professor explaining sleep paralysis and it made me feel better since there was a scientific explanation versus a demonic or alien presence.

Come to think about it , although its most likely a coincidence, During that time I was going towards the wrong path in life and not to soon after that, I recall that I enrolled in college and started working towards my career.

The reason I mention this is because although I'm not religious nor was I back than my family was. In addition my mom was superstitious and had a friend whose mother was involved in Santaria , If I remember correctly. Since my mom and her friend saw me heading down the wrong path, supposedly she did some kind of spell or thing that was to help me get rid off the evil influences around me. Later after talking about my experience I recall them saying something along the lines that was the evil spirits trying to keep me under their influence.

Another thing to mention that I recall , during that time I was very intrigued by ghost, spirits,aliens and other unearthly identity and even playing with the Ouija board. I use to love reading,talking, and hearing about the unexplained especially when it dealt with the after life and the unknown. Then I recalled a friend of mines mother saying don't play with spirits or the afterlife unless you want to invite them into your life. Coincidentally, as I got older and stopped playing around with those things , I don't recall having any more sleep paralysis.

Man I hope this thread doesn't bring them back.

I believe in the more scientific explanation , but I figure that I should also add the other coincidences in there.

edit on 25-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis randomly throughout my life and it's quite annoying when it happens.

The worst one that happened though wasn't normal and random it was when I came home from the ICU.
I was on so many medications that my body became paralyzed, and my mouth filled up with saliva.
I was unable to swallow it because even my throat was paralyzed.
I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe as the saliva pressed on the back of my throat.
I was drowning in my own spit and there was nothing I could do, finally I was able to move my core muscles and rock to the side enough to inhale the saliva.
This hurt like hell but a little bit of spit won't kill you and it let me breathe again.
The rocking part was hard to do because my main injury was a shattered pelvis, and core body damage.

Ever since this happened, when sleep paralysis hits it freaks me out more than is used to just because how close I came.
There is something very very wrong about being awake and knowing you are drowning on your own spit.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hello gonna share my experiences!.

Cant really recall details, but it happened quite abit of times when i was little. Was at my uncle.

Happens 2-3 times a month atm, sometimes more, sometimes way less for periods of time (same with dreams).

3. What you saw (if anything). Well ive seen many different, starting with the first: A lady ghost, cowered in a hooded cloak, a black arm with weird blue tribal looking tatooes floating around the surface, a shadow being, a old man and a cat (both white shimmer looking), a black face with a HUGE mouth with rows of giant teeth, smiling ontop of my arm (sleeping on side). And finally 2 aliens, typical greys.

4. What happened? all the above exept 3 of them, scared the sheit out of me. The aliens seemed to prope me, im not proud of this, a weird experience, IT HURT LIKE HELL, only way to describe the pain is to make a comparison, imagine a high pitch noice that just keep intensfying higher and higher, without pauses, just quickly and fast painful until u just shut down and ignore it, because there is nothing else u can do!
I woke up with a terrible pain in my lower area, that lasted maybe 3-4 minutes, my room-mates was already up so i quickly shared my experience. (Note i werent scared really, i even lifted myself "up" so i could turn and look at them, just before they did it. They said "hes strong this one", and then they did something and i was hammered back in position.

5. How long did it last?
That encounter i described and most others last around 30-60 seconds.

Yes by constantly telling yourself that your stronger, your in control, and we all know this. BUT really take it to you. Become fearless.

I belive in intelligent design. Whos to say what happens when we die! we can only hope that life isnt so dumb, that our concioussness stop when we die!.

Had three experiences were i could fully understand what was said.
Once when i was 14 some kid voices kept repeating to me "Nikolaj! wake up!, Nikolaj! wake up!". First i couldnt understand what was said, but as the volume increased it became clear suddenly, i awoke in paralysis, and i had a terrifying experience with a black arm with weird blue tribal looking tatooes floating around the surface.
This morning a being rested its crossed arms on my arm (was sleeping on the side), saying "Hi Nikolaj!", in a friendly tone, i didnt react so friendly, im kinda ashamed!
. 3'rd time was the aliens saying "hes strong this one". It should be noted that i have heard my name, or random words, or language´s that i simply dont understand several times.

All in all i think im up to 15 positive experiences now, were im not afraid, and in control.
The paralysis' i experienced as a kid really scared me, until i started meditating and understanding what truth actually is. Today i think the experiences only have made me stronger, instead of making thoose experiences a disadvantage, ive turned them for the better, to make me stronger.

1 time i met a old man and a cat, he stood on my chest looked down on me, with his cat cuddling his leg. Had a pipe in his mouth and a hat on. He wasnt scary, but i was scared at first. He looked at me, shaked his head (maybe because i got scared first), then he turned and walked right into the wall. Then i was regretful that i had reacted that way. I even heard his cat several times before i saw him (the same morning). I thought the neighbor cat had walked into my kitchen, so i just ignored it (so tired yawn!
). Then i heard it run right under me, miaw'ing. So i thought aah ofc, dream / paralysis thingy. Laid on my back, 15 sec's i hear the cat, see it cuddling a pair of egs, and well u heard the rest.

All in all SP is and can be a AWESOME experience!
Stay strong!
edit on 9-9-2012 by Johnkie because: Added something

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Here are my experiences. I haven't had them happen for years now, and they came out of nowhere.
It happened very often within a year, then stopped.
I was about 24 living with my freind in a flat. about 7 years ago.

Whilst sleeping I felt a pain in my stomache, and a heavy feeling ontop of me.
I really thought a was awake, as i could hear myself breathing. I realised i could not open my eyes which i thought was weird. Keep in mind a had no idea what "sleep paralysis" was nor had this ever happened to me.
I literally had to "fight" my eyes open, and thought i had succeeded as i beleived i had gotten out of bed and was walking to my door, but realised i was actually still sleeping in bed. This happened i think 3 times where i thought i had woken up, only to realise i am still in my bed.

That was the first time, the other times were different

I would feel that pain in my stomache , the heavy sensation on top of me, then i would hear myself breathing. I am damn sure even to this day i was awake, as i was so aware of hearing myself breathe, yet i could not for the life of me open my eyes.

I remember one time my partner was in bed with me (btw i moved out and in with my partner so it happened in 2 locations) I was sleeping and he was watching tv in bed. I had the same feeling come over me, and by now recognized the sensations, and i NEW my partner was in bed with me, so i tried to call out his name. I could hear myself force his name out, and luckily he heard me and woke me up.

Another time was a little stranger still as i saw something and it spoke to me...

Start having "sleep paralysis" same symptoms again. This time i believe i have forced my eyes open only to see ( I know you will thing this is crazy ) ...the grim reaper standing in my doorway. It tells me "Don't go on Smith Road " .
Eventually i did wake, and got up to tell my partener. Just so happens that his black bathrobe was hanging on our door, so i probably incorporated that into my dream. I to this day have avoided that road none the less.

It is freaky, and I am glad i have not have it happen to me for years!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

yes, one time i was laying in bed about to pass out when suddenly i felt like i was floating in my own body (very strange sensation) . i started to hear this pulsing electric wooshingsound that felt like it came outa my head. i tried moving but couldnt, i could only shift my eyes. i looked at my clock and realized that i could see the pulsations creating waves resonationg from my body. in other words with each pulse, a wave was thrown out (sorta like sonar/radar i guess) and distorted the image of the clock. i started to freak out a little and suddenly woke up. whats weird tho is i could still sense the pulsing but the electric whoosh sound and waves went away. been chasing that feeling since

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes I used to get sleep paralysis, and from studying psychology have learned a little bit about it.

Firstly it's more common than you might imagine, it's been suggested that 20% of the American population have experienced it at least once, but hallucinations and alien experience are not so common. I'm on the fence regarding the reality of paranormal experiences, as sleep paralysis may be the source of a hallucination, which is over-time transformed into a false memory by rehearsel (ie. continued discussion or hypnotherapy).

I'm glad I don't have them anymore though. I used to hate them, and man used to come into the room and sit down, which isn't that scary looking back but it was at the time.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Started with me when I was maybe 12-13. It used to happen quite alot and when it did happen I was able to get out of it most times by just sort of flinging my self up but the times i couldnt it was weird , I would always feel a massive pushing force like someone has give me a big nudge to the point of flipping me over and then I was out of it. I;ve not had this since i was 15 - 16 maybe , perhaps once or twice since. I never saw anything in this state as i always sort of held my eyes shut for some reason. I don't recall ever being "contacted" so a no on that one. I also never really had any feeling on it just always thought that was strange, though with the shoving the first ime it happened it really freaked me out but i think nothing of it now as i usually have this maybe once or twice a month. Finally i'm not a religious person, I would call myself agnostic ( word for it ? ) i have no set belief but i'm open to the idea of religion. Anyway thats my experience of it, hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sheesh, happened the other night, am nearly 60 lol, this aint right :-)
Just not able to move, in my mind I am calling out for Help, yet I can't mouth the words, quite horrible actually, feel absolutely powerlessness, can only manage One foot to move, the rest is frozen
After it is over I am ok, takes a while to fall asleep though

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This has only ever happened once in my life, about one month ago. I've had strange things happen before but this was a first.

31, Australia

Only the once, nearing a month ago.

Was sleeping alone.

4. What happened?

I was dreaming stupid dreams as one days (having dinner while playing UNO) than something whispered into my ears. I knew i was dreaming, i generally do. But something whispered (My dreams are vivid, but sounds, such as conversation never take place, if they have its always been mumble). The words that spoke felt like they were in my head, in my skull, not from the dream. It was like having two people with their lips over your ears speaking in the dead silence of night. When i was asleep i heard, "Turn over".

I remember waking up with a jump, like you do with an alarm clock or phone going off beside you. I remember thinking what was that, and when i was awake i heard, "Turn over. Look into my face"

I tried to turn over but it felt like i was glued to the bed. I could move my head from side to side, and i could flex my muscles, but i could not life my arms/shoulders or body/legs.

I had been sleeping on my stomach. One arm under the pillo, under my head. The other under my stomach.
Time was between 3:30am/4:00am

5. How long did it last?

30 seconds - 45 seconds.

I've had other expereinced (not like this one) where when they have happened i've been very calm/strange like, like under control from some influence. I was never scared, but suprised and frustrated. Never tried to scream out and gave up trying to move after a dozen attempts.

Recently so. This actually happened 2 days after going to church for the first time in my life.

Something spoke to me, not that i heard it with my ears, but within. hard to explain. Already mentioned above.

I was never scared, so i really could put it down as negative.

Nothing at all.

Just wondering what it meant be "look into my face" when i was pinned to the bed. Everyone is joker these days it appears.

Do not believe in Alient contact really, but i believe in spirit/ghosts.

My partners mother was pinned to the bed one night and couldn't move for 10 minutes around 2am when someone was vacuuming the house. Nobody was because she lived on her own. it stopped and she could move again.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Last night I had the intense blast of energy in my head. You know where it feels like a mini explosion and the bright white light, I though 'oh no here we go again!' It was subtle though, not as aggressive as it has been in the past. Hard to explain, but it was soft and only seemed to last a few seconds, yet I didn't get any paralysis.

This morning whilst I was in my bathroom I saw a few little orbs appear out of nowhere. My cat had followed me into the bathroom and he was looking up at them too.

You couldn't make it up lol btw ... this is the first time for around 4 years that I have had this and like any sleep paralysis sufferer I knew it would be back one day (night)
After I met aliens and I had a complete breakdown, I was referred to a psychiatrist. I was fuming at the time. Last thing I wanted was that. However I have since had a battery of neurological tests and they all came back normal. They have now referred me to a psychologist and I am awaiting a response from them. I am still not allowed to return to work though, although I do occasionally go to work as I need to eat like everyone else. Fortunately the organisation I have worked for, for the last 10 years have been wonderful and very understanding.

It is the government, who won't let me go to work .... yes you read that right!!!
The psychiatric nurse agreed and she put the gooner on it too. She doesn't even bother contacting me. I can't remember the last time she called round to see me. I have never been told not to talk about it, but I don't anyway as it is clearly a very sensitive subject and I don't want to be labled a nut or scare people. I wouldn't dream of it! It is bad enough trying to function around those close to me as I have good days and bad.

I still cannot comprehend what I saw or have seen. Would take ages going into the nitty gritty of it all. I have put some bit's on ats. My God ats has been my best friend for many years and without their member's who believe what they believe and supported me, I swear I don't know what I would have done!
At one point I was so sick of it all I considered taking my own life, but I was only thinking it, but I wouldn't, I have a beautiful Daughter and a great family and friends. I won't let the bastards get me down. They are here and for some strange reason I am privy to all this. For the record I am not psychotic or an attention seeker!

There must be other's in similar situation, surely? I don't mean so much the sp, but meeting the 'other's' as I call them? Oh well 'keep calm and carry on!' that's what it say's on my red mug and that's just what I intend to do!

Thanks for reading x

hx

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I actually believe that is extraterrestrial-oriented.

I don't beleive that millions world-wide share the exact same 'delusions'.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

May I step in here?

How can we all possibly have the same if not similar experiences? I mean the same blast of white light in the head, the buzzing, ringing noises ... I could go on and yet no one in my family have sp and yet so much in common with people I have never met. It is too much of a coincidence and then you ask the wrong question to a neurologist and he turns to his colleague and their eyes start to glow! I could go on, but I get upset because no one can help me make sense of it all. It was no trick of the light. Their voices got deeper, like they were pissed off with me.

Btw this wasn't in a dream, this was in a NHS hospital in London at around 11.30 in the morning! The biggest question I keep asking myself is 'why did I go alone?' In my mind I just wanted to get the appointment over and done with and didn't want to drag anyone alone with me. Big mistake! God could I kick myself for that!
They know no one believes me.

hx

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

I think you are misunderstanding my post, thinking that I am against what you are saying.

I'm agreeing with you

See, I know for a fact that we are not 'asleep' during these episodes. I truly feel that there is real activity occuring, and that it is not imagained at all. When I stated that we experience similar incidents, it was proof that we are not 'crazy' or dreaming.

I actually do feel that we may be being visited by ET's, in some kind of way.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No no no, not disagreeing with you at all! The complete opposite! Infact you are one of the first people I have read that I totally agree with! That was my argument when I spoke to professor Chris French at Goldsmiths a few years back. He tried to convince me it's all in the mind and that it's all just a dream. I KNOW when I am awake or not, I am not stupid. I know my own body and mind. Oh the other thing they try and tell you is sp is your defense mechanism to stop you acting out your dream's. Sorry for the expletive's, but what a load of bollocks!

They are all in it... there is a big cover up going on!!

hx

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by happinness

No no no, not disagreeing with you at all! The complete opposite! Infact you are one of the first people I have read that I totally agree with! That was my argument when I spoke to professor Chris French at Goldsmiths a few years back. He tried to convince me it's all in the mind and that it's all just a dream. I KNOW when I am awake or not, I am not stupid. I know my own body and mind. Oh the other thing they try and tell you is sp is your defense mechanism to stop you acting out your dream's. Sorry for the expletive's, but what a load of bollocks!

They are all in it... there is a big cover up going on!!

hx

Exactly!!

We are completely aware of what's going on around us during sleep paralysis. The scariest times are when I hear noises, like someone is in my home. I've also heard the sound of a drill, as many have also had. That's also what makes me think that we are being 'tampered with'...

Yeah, I have never bought into the whole "you brain is making sure you don't act out your dreams" theory. It simply makes no sense. During SP, your're not not dreaming anyway; proof that you are not asleep is realizing that our eyes our opened the entire time; before, during and after.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join