It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis has anyone had it?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by odinson
reply to post by greyer

1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located? I was in USA at the time. I therefore wanted to kjnow more about the occult. So, I started playing with the oiuja board. The more I played with it the more I realized that this particular board was in tuned to spirits that said they were in hell. At one point a spirit was getting highly active and what I would call scared by the movements of the planchet. Later, it was revealed that satan was getting closer to him and that He, satan, had put a curse on me because I was asking too much questions. Apparently GOD doesn't want much thing asked about the after life in that situation. After that is when I started to get more night paralysis and would see the dark figure explained in the other comments. To make hime dissolve I would rwecite the lords prayer and he would go away.

The thing that is different with my issues was that I beklieved that I somehow was tapping into another deminsion. I haven't seen the big guy in years, however, I get the feelings that something is near and I would get a localized paraysis like the other night in my left hand. It felt like someone was holding it down.

I can switch on/off this feeling that happens when I know that I am near what I guess you would consider a demensional doorway. But, I have been to afraid to do it and look around.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen? ( It lasted a couple of years, on and off. It does not still happen )

3. What you saw (if anything). ( It seemed like everything had a purple twilight feel to it )

4. What happened? ( unable to move - Half asleep, half awake kind of feeling )

5. How long did it last?
It lasted either seconds or minutes.

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it? At first no, then gradually I am able to stop it to a degree.

7. Are you a religious person? yes, I believe in GOD

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say? I have seen a large black cloaked figure, like a shadow, at usually the foot of my bed standing at least 8 ft tall and broad shouldered.

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative.
I felt a very negative fealing which made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

10. Were you left with any after effects? no.

You shouldn't have replied to me, your confusing post has nothing to do with what I said.

Now that I'm here I will say that the use of hypnotic regression to uncover alien abduction memories is a good tool. The arguements against hypnotic regression as a reality to uncover alien abduction memories have been more naive than a cow standing in the middle of the street.
edit on 19-8-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located?

The first time I remember it happening, I was 18 and living with my parents. Happened while I was sleeping normally. Wasn't sure what to make of it afterwards and began to deny that it was even real until it happened again.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen?

It has been going on since I was 18 and has never stopped. It has even continued after I got married and shared a bed. There will be entire years where I don't have it and sometimes I can have it multiple days in a row. The last time it happened was only a few weeks ago.

3. What you saw (if anything).

I only recall seeing things on three occasions. The first was when I was 23. I came home from work and was extremely tired from a lack of sleep the previous night. I took a nap and woke up unable to move and saw what I can only remember as a shadowy figure shaped like a person but more like a blob. Possibly transparent.

The second time was a few years ago after I had been married. I did not see a person-shaped figure but did recall seeing shapes, like shadowy orbs that were similar.

The third time I saw something was last year and I saw spiders, large spiders. When I 'snapped' out of the paralysis the spiders were gone as were the above figures.

4. What happened?

My eyes wake up and I am unable to move or speak. It becomes very frighting and uncomfortable, you fear the worst. When I hallucinated the above figures there was a high-pitched screeching sound in the background. I was convinced the person-shape figured was connected to the paralysis and holding me back. When I saw the orbs I remember thinking they were probably not real. The spiders were different because they looked real and I was afraid of them. I have heard the high-pitch screech noise in other episodes that did not have visions. In almost all cases the paralysis happens when laying on my back although I know it has happened at least a couple times laying on my side.

5. How long did it last?

Only a couple of seconds

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it?

Not that I am aware of, just trying to speak and move and eventually you move (after a couple seconds)

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate)

No, I am an agnostic theist. I have never been exposed to religion. When I was a child I was told a few Catholic beliefs but not in the way that most Catholic children would be. I never went to a church and I spent my teen years believing I was an atheist before I became more of an agnostic theist. None of this changed my sleep paralysis.

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say?

Not sure, just the high-pitched screech. I didn't feel like it was speaking to me

Always negative

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)

No, just paranoid of falling to sleep when I'm really tired. When I found out what it was in my early 20s I told my dad about it and he was afraid to ever mention it but he had it too beginning from when he was a young adult and occurring about once a year ever since. After I awoke I dismissed anything paranormal. I've changed this belief over the years. I believe when we are asleep or falling asleep that our minds 'tune in' partially to a different 'reality frequency' and the reason I say this is because I often hear noises and voices that are not there. Now that I'm married (and often the dog is in the bed) I will sometimes awake to see if they hear it. Most of the time they don't, but there has been a couple times the dog barked and a couple times my wife heard something too that neither of us could explain. It could be a real noise but all the noises are pretty similar (hard to explain). The experience we had the other day just cannot be explained at all. Her alarm went off and clearly both of us were only partially conscious and we both heard some odd unexplainable thing that only went away when we were fully awake. We both heard it.
edit on 19-8-2011 by vault13er because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

It used to happen frequently when I was young, during my elementary school days. Whenever it would occur, it only occur on weekends or days where I was able to sleep in.

It hasn't happened for a couple years now.

I never see anything weird when I experience sleep paralysis.

4. What happened?

Each time sleep paralysis occurred, it would be from a natural end or 'exit' from a dream.. My eyes would open, I would be totally awake as if I were not sleeping at all, but I would not be able to move.. so I would either just fall back asleep or "break" out of the paralysis (described in question 6).

5. How long did it last?

It lasts until I either fall back asleep or 'break' out of it (described in question 6).

Yes. I tried with every ounce of strength in my body to move one of arms. It is VERY hard and requires a lot of willpower.. but once I got an arm moving, my body would be unlocked. There is this 'threshold' -- once I built enough strength / energy to surpass that threshold that was keeping me locked, I broke out of the paralysis. Sometimes, it was just too hard to break out of it.. so I would just fall back asleep.

I am a spiritual person. Though I have heard of people having vivid and exciting experiences while in sleep paralysis, as far as I can remember, mine were never spectacular. If I experienced one today, I would definitely 'experiment' during the paralysis.. (astral projection maybe?)

Nope

Totally neutral.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)

No

edit on 20-8-2011 by free_form because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located? I've had it all my life (Philadelphia region)
2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen? It happens very randomly. I've went two years without it happening, but there have been times when I've had multiple experiences in one week.
3. What you saw (if anything). I've never saw anything out of the ordinary
4. What happened? Usually I wake up paralyzed. These events have become so frequent to me that I've began to pay close attention to minute details of the experiences. My first thought naturally is to try to move, but movement is obviously restricted. (You can't even speak) I look around my obviously limited range of vision to survey the room. What is strange about that is that I sleep under the covers/sheets. I almost am NEVER under the sheets when these episodes occur. I'm on top. WTF? Now after several minutes I begin to have limited motion in my limbs. It is always at this time that I return to sleep.
5. How long did it last? These episodes usually last several minutes. They used to terrify me, but now I'm used to them
6. Were you able to do anything to stop it? After a while I am able to sluggishly move a limb. I have total control of my eyes though, which is strange. Another strange thing is that I never totally recover and get up. I always fall back to sleep for some reason. I can ascertain that these episodes ARE NOT dreams! I sleep with the TV or radio on every night and have no problem following what is transpiring on them.
7. Are you a religious person? I believe in GOD, but I realize religion is run by men. I don't go to church. (Call me home-schooled)
8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say? I've never been overtly contacted, but it is not uncommon for me to feel 'a presence' in the room. (typically behind me or out of view)
9. Did the experience feel positive / negative. I'm indifferent as to these experiences because i've accepted them as part of my life since a young age.
10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself) I've never been left with any ill effects, but sometimes I feel fatigued and as though I haven't gotten any sleep that night.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have never suffered from sleep paralisis. But I do occasionally get lucid dreaming that can go on for a long while in a night.

I can remember one time waking up in the middle of the night and being aware of something crouching at the foot of my bed on my floor. I sat in terror staring at it and even went as far as to reach under my bed slowly to get my BB gun (I was very young). I moved super slowly and with perfect focus... When eventually I snapped out of it and I could clearly see it was a pile of laundry. But man, it was like instant terror.

I've scared room mates before. One time I had a dream of being shot in the stomach and actually leaped out of my bed while my roommate was at the computer. It scared him so bad he ran out of the apartment, lol!

My most common night terror is of insects being underneath my covers, like Wasps or spiders. I will always leap out of the bed while tossing aside the covers and sometimes run around it. Nothing is there.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
OP, I posted my account in this topic because you said...

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
I'm doing research into this and i would like to know what you experienced.

and...

to summarize this thread is dedicated to ATS members who have had Sleep Paralysis / possible contact.

Your initial post was worded neutrally and suggested research purposes, and so I posted hoping to offer my minor contribution to your efforts and that you might eventually share with us the results of your research.

However, since that time you have repeatedly asserted that people's sleep paralysis experiences are demonic attacks. You are welcome to that belief and I respect your right to it, but in my opinion your opening post - perhaps unintentionally - misrepresented the intent of this topic.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I wish you luck in your efforts, but I do wish I had known what was entailed in this topic before posting in it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Its called 'Incubus Attack', or 'The Witch Riding your back'

I believe that it it as an extraterrestrial experiment occuring.....

You are NOT asleep when this occurs and the things that you hear or see are not dreams.

Millions of people world-wide are NOT having the exact same 'dreams'.

I have had these 'encounters' my entire life and they quite frightful.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've had it one time. It felt like a heavy weight was on my chest and arms and that there was a dark shadow in the form of a man standing next to me. I realized what was going on so I didn't freak out too much. Interesting experience none the less.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Around 5yrs old

It has never stopped and I'm 34. / At least once a month

Never saw anything....always hear noises like entities running around or whispering

4. What happened?
I always feel a sense of being overwhelmed, pinned down....even sedated. I hear lots of noises in the background until it 'wears off'.....then i'm able to move again.

5. How long did it last?
2-5 mins at a time

Nope. Powerless...can't even speak

Nope.

No

No...Feels like rape

Sometimes I have waken up to bruises or scratches

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
There is a presence in the room ...

Again, I think theses experiences are real, in the sense that something has come into the room and perhaps sedated you and temporarily paralyzed us.

My dad and I discuss this ll the time. I once started to 'interview' people to see just how common this is....compare similarities.

Lots of speculation have pointed to the similarities between these experiences and alien abduction/probing.

You ask me, I think we are being visited by extraterrestrials, involved in experimentations.....for example, a lot of people, I've read, feel as if they have had orgasms....maybe sperm or eggs have been taken

Scratches, cuts, can indicate blood drawn.

Opinions?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

my dad said the very thing you mentioned when discussing this topic: we both feel that they are ET's experimenting with us in some form, and he mentioned about how some may have the ability to go through walls...

interesting

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I've experienced it probably a dozen or so times throughout my life (I'm 32 now). Every time that I can recall it happening, I was not sleeping in my own bed. Once I recall being on a friend's couch, another time I was 19 and had moved out and went back to visit my parents and was asleep in their guest room. It also seems that when it happens, it will always happen numerous times throughout the night. I can remember a few occasions forcing myself to stay awake because it is such an odd, uncomfortable helpless feeling. I can recall feelings of absolute terror and trying so hard to scream out and not being able to. I never saw any "entities" or "aliens" whilst having these occurrences, although I am a firm believer in extraterrestrial life (if you want to categorize it as such). I am not at all religious and never have been. Last time it happened was a few years ago, kinda wish it would happen again though as unsettling as it is.
edit on 21-8-2011 by EarlyDurban because: Add

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Question for the OP: What is the purpose of your post? A lot of us have given you pretty personal information.

Are you compiling data? Do you want us to view the video? Are you on a mission from God?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have these about once a month on average sometimes more sometimes less i find if i sleep during the day they are more commen but have happend in lots of situations. One time that really stands out for me is when i was a teenanger and i woke during the night to find i could not move i could see but i was facing the wall i was scared and tried to shout out for my mam and dad but could not after time and a lot of trying i eventually shouted them and they came in to my room. Once i was able to make a slight sound with my voice i was then able to speak louder and louder until i could shout. When they came into my room and put the light on i was eventually able to move but my neck was in spasam and my chin was stuck to my right shoulder and i could not move it. i was laid up i bed for the following day and when i had to get up to go to the toilet as i sat on the seat i blacked out. My mam was thereand said i kept saying i needed a drink and the toilet and they had to phone an ambulance it took a week to ease. Another time was in my new house the first night sleeping there comming back from just getting married. i was asleep and woke during the night again i could not move but i could see a small creature sat over my husbands head moving his arms around my husbands neck. the creature looked like gollam from lord of the rings but really scary and it was starring at me as he was tightening his arms. i looked at it and it was though it could read my mind i repeted over and over in my head that if it hurt my husband i would get it and tried to stare it out. i can not remember anything after that of what happend and i dont think my husband remebers anything. i have loads more stories of these happenings but dont want to bore people with them quiet often i get very painful jaw ache and that it feel it is stuck outwards and i can not move it. I have allways tried to link sleep parralysis to anxiety but dont actually know why it happens.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I had sleep paralysis once. It was fantastic. I could hear faint, oriental music and I felt really relaxt. Sort of dislodged from my body. I could not move a muscle. It strange how most people have frightening experiences.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The first time it happened was about 10 years ago, back then it happened three times or so to me in a period of a few weeks. Strangely it also happened to two other persons that I knew: my grandmother and my Reiki-master at the time. For the last person it resulted in needing psychiatric treatment. We all lived in diffrent areas of the country (Belgium) And I am 36 now

The first time (10 years ago), it happened three times or so over a period of a few weeks. Then it stopped but about a month ago it happened again!

I didn't see anything, but every time I felt the presence of a heavy male presence.

4. What happened?
I wake up, notice immediatly that I can't move and that a heavy male dark persons lays on my back and I feel he has bad intentions. Although the first reaction is going into fear I try to stay focused and as calm as possible so I can use my mind again, most of the time that takes a lot of strenght. He always leaves when I manage to use the Reiki symbol 'johre'. This symbol creates a tube of pure white light. The last time I tried 'algiz' first, the rune sign for protection, but that didn't work. Only pure light works.

5. How long did it last?
Only a few minutes: the time I need to start thinking clearly again and call upon the Divine white light.

see 4

7. Are you a religious person?
I strongly believe in the Almighty Divine source, but don't go to church or so.

No.

Very dark, negative.

I always feel diffrent, hard to explain in words. But after that I never go to sleep again. I wait untill it's light outside to allow myself to go to sleep again.

When I was a young child and also as a teenager I have had some alien experiences, but they are completely diffrent from this. I was never paralysed then!

And thank you so much for beginning this thread! It's good to read that more people have these experiences, makes me feel less alone.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Your statement is not true. Based on what you wrote, or another user did, they did experience an OBE. Sleep paralysis is natural. It occurs when we sleep, but we arent aware of it, as when we are dreaming we are unconsciencess. Sleep paralysis occurs when the body falls asleep first, but the mind remains awake.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Pardon my effort to reply as I for one am wired as such that in events where establishments were to having been arrived at by individuals that possibilities were to include dissallusioning propellations having herhaps brought on coincidently from such as really believing in existance of such as such as it may; I will naturally automatically set out in brainstorming while covering all of my logics with for me state of mind of physics and circumstances and to evaluate such a touchy issue I must research a few counts of instances and where these were proclaimed to have occured and why that in this day and age where everyone is carrying a digital cam on their sellphone would not be accurate abbundant video feeds. So I will and be back to conclude my findings and perogatives on the forms of possibilities of what may have had occured in some and maybe different in others. Following my thinking on this matter in at's precidence in all societies have found a link which may have fuelled and had and has impacted thus impacts further a society of wishful as they would be to me ; of an alternate predicament to this one that is in evidence and tha tdoes include death being inevidable thus far; the instance(a) having accured which has had fuelled these believes are in my opinion the scriptures and carvings that have been built in history that are alongside of such as phenix or goblins or sphinxs or dragons and one difference between those and alien life having also had visited is that there is a window that exists where the others haven't and that is of the outer space has not been swept thus far. If I had strong thoughts of sense in this; I would share of course. And when I do think of further thoughts; I will edit this thread. Oh and why are there so many more, beyond comprehension that trust in absolute convincing onto themselves conpared to those having said to have witnessed such events ; while this leads me to take in consideration that of nyeaveness on their part.
edit on 23-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)
And it has happened to me two or three times where I had not been able to move while I was impressioned of being fondled with my feet and once I had sleepwalded and remember all of it ; thought my sweetheart was falling from the sky and was asking the help of my uncle aunt and parents and didn't suddenly snap out of it as I recall. . And the reasoning behind this is that I had just met her and was misyfied and likely put aside that day most thoughts that didn't relate to her thus brought me to a likely adverse astray path and in such instances where involving subjects that relate to such of anything including a thought recognition on an issue like extra terestrial life where is visited by a person that is convinced of being real ; this area of thought would be cecluded and apart to much other thought prossesses thus creating an event that even sleeping and dreaming ; would keep one in this realm of seclusion of thought path much like an individual in my opinion was trapped in a coma brought on without infriction and having brought on by infriction also may be dwelling comfortably in a thought process having concentrated on or reminded on a dwelling form of spent time where no other comprehensions take presidence and disrupt such of state where I recall to having been termed a one track mindLOL This is my or we should the first look at this illness for me and I must refer to anything on part of human behavior that is of cohorsed without rightful bringing on by the explainer and still draws belief from the listener; I then must refer to as an illness.
edit on 23-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by kindred

Your statement is not true. Based on what you wrote, or another user did, they did experience an OBE. Sleep paralysis is natural. It occurs when we sleep, but we arent aware of it,

Sure about that? How do you explain moving around in your sleep? More like we just don't move as much when we are sleeping, paralysis i am not so sure about that part.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've had it 3 times (that i can remember).

The first time, i was 17, sleeping at a friend's house. I woke up in the middle of the night, i couldn't move my body or speak, all i could do was breath and move my eyes. I didn't give it much thought, so i went back to sleep.

After that, i talked to some of my friends and some of them said that it was the old hag/demons/ghosts so on and so on, and that i was being watched and should be careful.

A year later, i left home early to do some chores and when i came back i was tired so i decided to take a nap. While i was dreaming, i started to feel a strange sensation around my legs, moving slowly to my back, i panicked and basically jumped out of the bed, i was kind of confused but... i went back to sleep

Then around 3 years later, while i was sleeping i opened my eyes briefly then i heard a creepy laugh (like from an horror movie!) so with my jumping out of the bed skills and quickly did it and turned the light on at the same time, i was kind of confused, but it was late so i had to go back to bed. I was nervous, i had the sensation that something was around and then i had to sleep because i had to get up early in the morning. Time passed and eventually i felt how i was falling asleep, it was as if my body was shutting down, and i knew i had to get up but it was too late, i tried to get up but it wasn't possible, i was "fighting", trying to get up but i felt was if i had been tied to the bed, after a feww minutes of struggle i managed to do it and felt relieved. Walking out of the room early in the morning, in the dark, was one of the scariest moments of my life

When i got back home, i started to research about the sleep paralysis and found out that hallucinations were caused by panic and anxiety. That kind of explained everything, the first time i had one i didn't know a thing about it, no demons no old hag no ghosts, and after hearing all those stories i started to panic during it. Nothing has happened ever since.

I'm not a religious person, i wasn't contacted by anyone or anything, didn't see anything either, only heard the creepy laugh. Despite the scare, the experience had a positive effect. I'm a heavy sleeper, but ever since, if someone gets close to me when i sleep i immediately wake up.

To quote Forrest Gump, "and that's all i have to say about that".

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join