It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis has anyone had it?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I used to suffer from sleep paralysis quite a lot when I was younger and I've had hundreds of episodes of sleep paralysis. At the age of 28 they became less frequent, mainly because I meditated a lot and now I can control and stop them from happening simply by using my own will power. Even though I've always had an interest in sci-fi and Aliens, I've never had a sleep paralysis experience whereby I believed I had just been abducted by Aliens. I experienced the normal paranoia of fear and a presence in the room, but that's it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I just don't understand it.

How can a person have an experience such as missing time, even with physical effects, then when laid down on a couch, and relaxing their mind, they remember details of a bizarre event and it not be true?

Later these people do not hold their memory to be fake but still are puzzled by something that appears to be done out of this dimension. If it is done in this dimension, then the technology should be a half million years more advanced.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Something heavy on your chest and dark shapes in vision? Sounds like a heart-attack and/or stroke.

Maybe this is extreme sleep apnoea, you've stopped breathing for a long time, your blood oxygen level is way off effecting your brain, body shut down to basic-functions in order to recover even though this all happens in seconds or minutes. Hallucinations may be nothing more than your brain not firing on all cylinders and mis-translating what is actually happening to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located?

Since I was young maybe 10 or so. Scotland in every house I have lived in.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen?

Still happens but never more than a few times a year.

3. What you saw (if anything).

Do not see anything

4. What happened?

I wake up and cant move anything I am not breathing but I can feel my heart going. Its like theres a massive wieght holding me down and I fighht and fight until it stops.

5. How long did it last?

Hard to say but I doubt more than a minute.

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it?

Not sure about this one as I fight it every time so maybe my fighting is what stops it.

7. Are you a religious person? (elaborate)

Used to be but not now. (and it still happens)

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say?

No nothing like that at all.

9. Did the experience feel positive / negative.

Very negitive like a darkness or a malevonant force is doing it. In saying that I could be imagining it due to the fear I have during it.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)

no none.

I would like to add I once had a sort of dream during the sleep paralysis but only once. During the dream it felt like my neck snapped and I was dying. I could see the darkness closing in on me, I have never fought so hard to stay alive just before the darkness fully closed in I woke up and out of the paralysis.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

There's quite a few, but not really any facts or evidence to back them up apart from word of mouth.

arealiensreal.org...
www.ufoevidence.org...
news.harvard.edu...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located? I was in USA at the time. I therefore wanted to kjnow more about the occult. So, I started playing with the oiuja board. The more I played with it the more I realized that this particular board was in tuned to spirits that said they were in hell. At one point a spirit was getting highly active and what I would call scared by the movements of the planchet. Later, it was revealed that satan was getting closer to him and that He, satan, had put a curse on me because I was asking too much questions. Apparently GOD doesn't want much thing asked about the after life in that situation. After that is when I started to get more night paralysis and would see the dark figure explained in the other comments. To make hime dissolve I would rwecite the lords prayer and he would go away.

The thing that is different with my issues was that I beklieved that I somehow was tapping into another deminsion. I haven't seen the big guy in years, however, I get the feelings that something is near and I would get a localized paraysis like the other night in my left hand. It felt like someone was holding it down.

I can switch on/off this feeling that happens when I know that I am near what I guess you would consider a demensional doorway. But, I have been to afraid to do it and look around.

2. How long has it been going on/does it still happen? ( It lasted a couple of years, on and off. It does not still happen )

3. What you saw (if anything). ( It seemed like everything had a purple twilight feel to it )

4. What happened? ( unable to move - Half asleep, half awake kind of feeling )

5. How long did it last?
It lasted either seconds or minutes.

6. Were you able to do anything to stop it? At first no, then gradually I am able to stop it to a degree.

7. Are you a religious person? yes, I believe in GOD

8. Were you contacted by something, if so what did it/they say? I have seen a large black cloaked figure, like a shadow, at usually the foot of my bed standing at least 8 ft tall and broad shouldered.

I felt a very negative fealing which made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

10. Were you left with any after effects? no.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Used to happen all the time to me. Much less lately. Usually it involved me waking up and being very aware of the surroundings in which I was sleeping. From there, I could hear sounds, voices, and see shadowy figures walking around the place where I was napping. It was crazy and cool and terrifying, but the more it happened and the more I read about it the more I was able to 'deal with the issue,' and it actually led me to be able to do some lucid dreaming where I could fly (which IMHO is the BEST... DREAM... EVER) and other cool things.
The only scary part for me is that oftentimes I found I was having trouble breathing (which leads me to believe I have a bit of sleep apnea going on which might trigger the event).
In my case it was never anything to be really afraid of and I've never attributed to anything other than my own imagination.
Good luck,

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Don't be scared of the video, you are under spiritual attack and need to know how to identify the enemy so you can do something about stopping this. When you put on the amour of God these things cannot hurt you and if you call on Jesus he will protect you from evil. I suggest watching it and doing what it says, get a bible and pray. These paranormal occurrences are nothing short of being fallen angels playing trickery on you, i know this may be hard to accept but you can do something about it with the lords help.
edit on 18-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I did say it doesnt happen now... i escaped it about 10 years ago.... or i should it suddenly left me alone... probably i was too strong for it....

Anyway i'm glad its gone and i dont watch evil horror films now either coz i know when i watch those that creepy things come into my place at night.... i'm not joking, this isnt me dreaming.... i hear things, creaks and feel like something is in my place after watching these movies late.... its as if you open a gateway to let evil spirits in when you watch these films!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Firstly , ALL aliens in a general sense are not demons. That is like saying that ALL people are psychopaths.

There are many species of aliens, some good, and some bad. People don't realize how much the good ones have intervened historically and contribute to our very own existence today.

But I digress...

My bout with sleep paralysis began relatively recently in life. In fact, soon after I'd purchased my home which has had a history of paranormal activity tied to the land where many Indian battles had occurred and many deaths.

I have had an occurance of sleep paralysis about once a year so far. Fortunately.....IMA.

My most recent encounter, which occurred about a year ago, was unique in that I didn't see anything but I actually heard something shuffling around, across the carpeting, while I was in this paralyzed state.

This is a first.

It didn't last very long, perhaps a matter of 5-10 minutes, but I could not move my head to look but could only move my eyeballs and I couldn't make anything out in the form of movement from the direction in which the sound originated from.

I am not a religious person but I am a believer in the existence of spirits good AND evil.

I had no message or any form of contact. As well as no ill feelings after wards.
I did feel tired the next day though.

Which does correlate with abductees experiences.

I don't fear it, and it is what it is. My prayers to my guardian angels will Always protect me especially if I ask for their assistance.

edit on 18-8-2011 by nh_ee because: es machts aber nicht !

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Hello

I must first say my experiences were not night terrors or sleep paralysis in the typical sence. I was not sleep at any time during the occurence. If I was asleep, the feeling of it starting to commence would wake me up. Most times I am restless and the feeling begins and my vision distorts some. I learned how to control this and can bring it on at anytime. However, this can happen only if the room is dark.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Approximately four years ago, I was having an afternoon nap at home, lying face-down on my left cheek, with my head at the foot of the bed. I was well asleep until I was aware of someones posterior sitting down on the mattress, right alongside where my face was. I could feel the mattress depressing as it sat down but was unable to open my eyes to see it, yet judging by the movement next to my face, I sensed that it pivoted to its left & leaned over to me. It then pressed what felt like its pointy chin into my back, between my shoulder blades & pressed so hard it hurt. It really felt like it was trying to physically enter me. The last I remembered was that it had entered/possessed my face & was in control of it completely as it made my face twist & snarl like an angry beast sort of thing. I did not feel any sensations internally, or hear any sounds, but I could not move, nor did I want to, or even think to move. I was not scared. In fact I did not feel any sense of emotion while this whole thing played out. I'd say it lasted only 10 - 30 seconds & just ended. I then woke up fully but did not feel threatened or scared at all. Its never happenned before or since.

I will add to this experience though. On another occasion I was having a nap, but this time downstairs on the lounge. I was not very tired, but I was bored, which is why I laid down, but very quickly nodded-off quite deeply, lying on my back, but strangely I slept with both my hands flat behind my head. I mention that bit, as for me, I do not do that when I sleep, so being in that pose is abnormal for me. Anyway, what then actually happened to me was like a continuous bolt of electricity zapping & crackling into my brain, via the top of my skull. I could hear it & feel it extremely intensely. The voltage & sensation on my brain was intense but not unpleasant. It realy felt like my brain was being reset by some outside influence above my head. Furthermore, I could feel the current leave the base of my neck & enter my fingertips, which were positioned flat behind my head. I cant say how long this lasted in all, but possibly 20-40 seconds maybe. When this severe jolting of my brain ceased, I was left with a clear understanding that I could recieve more of the same if I wanted to, but I consciously decided not to take a second dose as I felt that damage to my brain might occurr, so immediately after I made that choice, I woke up fully & felt absolutely great. I really enjoyed that experience & genuinely felt that my brain had been adjusted, or modified, or reset in some way. However, I have not noticed any changes in myself, my character, or any super powers etc, although that experience was so intense that I do believe that somone was doing some work on me.

I hope these two experience of mine can add to what you are seeking to understand. I will be interested too, to read of anyones ideas on all this, but keep them sensible & respectfull please, as any hunour will, on the one hand, be understandable, but on the other, be demeaning & unhelpful.

I am a male & at the time was 38 years of age. I lived then in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
edit on 18-8-2011 by green1 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I've had this happen to me many times. Recently as of 2 days ago...

I call it the tingle.

One time about a year ago, it was about 2am and I just knew for some odd reason I was going to go through a tingling session. I was aware, my eyes were closed and I knew what was going to happen. I said to myself, oh here we go again, my body will tingle and I will try to move, but won't be able to.

Then it started, the tingle sets in, I am mentally aware and I try to move but I can't, no matter how hard I try. Then I had this overwhelming feeling that my son was in the room. I tried really hard to move and I was able to move my head to the right a little. As I was struggling to keep my eyes open, I looked at my 2nd floor window in my room and I saw a yellow/orange ball of light outside my window. I then notice my oldest son (18) walk towards the window where the yellow/orange ball is, it seemed as if he was in a daze. He had walked from his bedroom into my bedroom towards the window where the orange/yellow ball was outside. For some odd reason I thought what was going to happen wasn't going to be good. So I forced myself with all my might, calling for Jesus to help me. This worked, my son was about 2 ft from the window and in front of this yellow/orange ball, I was able to get out of bed, take 4 rushing steps towards him, I then push him out of the way, I pushed him to the right side of me, then I felt this intense hot light beam envelop my body. As the beam enveloped my body I was falling backwards, that is when I blacked out.

Next morning I asked my son if he had any dreams last night. He said, I think I had a weird dream and you were in it... I can't really remember it, but yeah you were in it..

Another odd one was about 2 years ago and its happened numerous times.
First, I always know when paralysis is going to set in.. I don’t know why, but when I say to myself, oh crap tonight is going to be another one of those nights.
1. Tingle sets in.
2. Then total paralysis.
3. I then feel as if my physical body is on the bed, but somehow I am walking around my house.
4. I walk outside, and I look up and I see 4 ufo's over my neighborhood..
They were transforming into different shapes, all of them were. Well as odd as it sounds, the ufo’s looked like they were combining/transforming into one bigger ship.. And another odd thing, the first thing that popped into my head was. Oh no, that is a battle formation... I don't know why I said that.. Then I woke up the next day.

I also want to add, in my many paralysis/tingling experiences, there were many times I've heard this loud popping noise to where it is the thing that shakes me from the paralysis.. It's like a big WAKE up call.. Anybody hear a LOUD popping noise as well affter the paralysis sets in?

I've had the tingling and have heard the popping noises for 30 yrs now...

Thanks for the post!
edit on 18-8-2011 by syrinx2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Hey there RevelationGeneration! I have dealt with sleep paralysis for a good while. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

1. How old was you when it first happened / which area was you located?
I first remember it happening in my early 20's and I was living at home. Has happened in every location I have lived.

I'm 40 now so it's been about 20ish years. Still happens from time to time but with no regularity whatsoever.

Never saw anything except for the occasional weird light. Nothing concrete, no beings, creatures or shadowy figures

4. What happened?
I wake up but can't move. I feel a presence in the room with me and feel like someone is holding me down or there's a weight on my chest. I try to yell out to whoever can hear me but it just comes out as an unintelligible moan. It's a terrifying experience but then you begin to wake up and the feelings fade away

5. How long did it last?
Only a few minutes

Nope, just had to let it pass. Basically you "wake up" while still in a dream like state. Your mind is semi-awake but your body is still paralyzed from being in that dream state. As you wake up the paralysis fades and you return to a normal awake state.

Not at all. Atheist. Respectful of all belief systems.

Nope

At first it freaked me out but once I found out what it was it was less scary. I never really saw it as a positive or negative experience. I see it as a something that happens to some people. It actually is pretty interesting if you think about it. You wake up in a semi dream state.

10. Were you left with any after effects? (Feeling sick or different in yourself)
No after effects just glad it was over, but also somewhat intrigued.

Hope this helps. Good luck

edit on 18-8-2011 by acuna because: adding pertinent info

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by odinson

Lately, my feeling is that someone or something else is in the room and not a demon. My goal is to try to use a pair of night vision glasses and see if I can see anything if I bring this phenomenon out. I have read where aliens can pssibly move thru structures or dementions with their mind. Possibly yes or no. But they should have the abilility to cloak themselves from us with their minds alone. That's why I want to use the night vision gogles to see if that is the case.

Also, something that is troubling is that I recently had a boy. Now he is almost 7 months. But around 5-6 months in the preganacy I had a vivid dream that said I was going to have a boy and that I must protect him. My dreams are typically blurry. But when I have claer dreams I found out that it's really not a dream. A psychic who was the most credible ever and even made the washington post said I have psychic ability and apparantly so does my wife. So I was definitely curious to see what would happen once my son was born.

He started to see things aroud him that at times terrified him. My wife was scared to even mention the fact that he is seeing things we cannot see. I started to take some photos in the direction that he looked in. There was one object that was captured that was glowing and had a smiling face of a beuatiful woman. Then later we got him baptized as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've had it several times and my wife has it quite often. It normally feels like you've woken up but can't move and there's a (for me) old woman or (for my wife) a guy in black hat, though I've seen him as well but only after she told me about it.

All that to say, though, I'm in a hundred percent agreement that this dream paralysis where you awaken before the hormone wears off. The reason I say this is because my wife has recurring nerve pain and I have a bad hip. These sleep paralysis episodes are always during periods of high pain. The "old hag" syndrome is your brain's way of explaining the pain. It works into your dream, the pain wakes you and you dream/see the "bad actor" from your dream.

No paranormal anything about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbnn

Oh that's what it's called, the old hag?

I've seen this lady but I had no pain to attribute me seeing her.

I was 11 years old and I was up at 7am cutting our lawn on a Sat morning. I was done at about 8am.

So I showered, sat on my bed, laid down.

I was on my back, hands on my chest and my eyes were closed. I felt something staring at me, so I opened my eyes and I see this old witchy looking lady. All I see is her face hovering where my feet were. She had long pepper hair, white/gray face, wrinkly skin and just looked really old. And once I saw her I felt fear, I then squeezed my eyes shut real quick like, then I felt this hard punch on the right side of my jaw. For real the bit-h punched me hard. I opened my eyes after the punch and she was gone...

I know I was aware and not sleeping nor dreaming. I just sat down, laid down from there, closed my eyes thinking about my day ahead and bam there she was being all nasty and hitting... First and last time I've seen the old hag...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I have had sleep paralysis quite a bit in my teen years . Its not real rare. As i got older they tapered off. Sometimes you get alot of fear ,see strange stuff and hear noises when this happens. The funny thing is sometimes I could tell when I was gonna have one with in the hour before it happens because my skin would feel different to me , kind of like cold and tingly.It would usually hit me between 1 am to 3am .

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I have experienced sleep paralysis. I remain conscious and as far as I know I have not experienced anything else unusual usually I am just there in the bedroom paralyzed. I then work on breaking free from the paralysis, usually I start with a finger and once I am able to move it I can move my entire hand and my arm, and then I am pretty much back to "normal".

-rrr

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

1. How old were you when it first happened / In which area were you located?

This has happened on and off from around the age of 18.
Located on the east coast of scotland.

I am now 39 so 21 years on and off

It no longer happens in the way it used too, I now suffer from feelings of seperation from my physical body with my spiritual body floating through the window or walls

Oh golly on one occasion I have seen a white plastic bag float up in the air and carry itself to a chair on the opposite end of the bed, I could write a book about this stuff.

4. What happened?

I awoke to find the room filled with light as if the light was turned on and I could hear a pulsing voom voom voom outside or all around, while I was unable to see anything I also could not move nor shout and just felt as if I was being forced to watch this plastic bag float by itself from the end of my bed to the chair (talk about overcoming a fear of the unknown), I tried to scream but grunted instead and heard an evil sounding chuckle - could have been me, then I forced a finger to move and I woke up opened my eyes and it was pitch black.

5. How long did it last?

Hard to say as I was paralysed and had nothing to reference time against, 1-2 minutes maybe.

Move my finger

Roman Catholic - sometimes taoist - sometimes buddhist - whatever I feel like and whatever fits the situation.

Not in this experiance, but there was another where I was held down by two Females possibily Alien possibily Spiritual and when I realised what was happening and I was in control I then asked them what they wanted they then dissapeared, initially one held me down, she was holding my arms down whilst sitting astride me , the other didnt appear until I was in control and had asked what they wanted it was as if she had company in case anything went wrong, as I made the sign of the cross while the main one held me down she said "Your god wont help you now"I dont think her mouth moved when she said that, The digital clock radio at the end of the bed said 02:00 in red and when they dissapeared I went to bed after checking thet were definately gone thinking how weird this was I then awoke and and the clock at the bottom of the bed said 02:00 again the display was in red as that was the colour of the display.

Negative although I could quite possibly have missed out on the best sex of my life - it may have been two lesbians however in not true stiffler tradition I realised something wasnt quite right as they werent quite right in that they didnt look right, clammy to the touch long elfin faces as their hair seemed too short for their face's if you know what I mean otherwise I would not have jumped up and turned the situation around and grabbed one of their arms attempting to take back control.

10. Were you left with any after effects?

Well I have been left with many after effects which I could write a book about after numerous encounters and episodes of paralysis,not feelings of sickness as such,being violated certainly but this could have other meanings if I were to attempt to connect and reconcile these feelings with the past but if I were to attempt to connect them with what happened in the moment at that present time I would say I had feelings of what a lucky bugger I am and then feelings of revulsion re the attempted sexual intercourse with myself once I realised what was going on, and if I went with the first example with the plastic bag floating across the room I felt at that time it wasnt possible and when I woke up I felt thank god that was a dream.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I posted the following on May 18th 2011 about my experiences in this subject:

Three years ago, I had my first "Sleep Paralysis" episode, or at least that I can remember. While I constantly have lucid dreams ever since I was a child, I have no recollection of "SP" until three years ago when I was forced to take malaria pills prior to deploying to Afghanistan. The first couple versions of Lariam caused some GI's to go psycho, but we were told that the version we got was safe. Anyways, after a few days of taking the Lariam pills, I had my first "SP" episode which is why at first I linked it to the pills. However, it has been over three years now and I still have these episodes from time to time.

What really caught my attention to this thread was the description from some of you that are eerily similar to my experiences. In every episode I wake up in a sudden state of awareness to my surroundings. There is always a rustling of noise in the room, which a couple times I first thought was my dog pacing in the room or my cat going hyper and jumping and moving about. Sometimes I notice a low humming or vibration sound as well. There's always a feeling of some other presence in the room. This is when I start to freak out and decide to get up, but can't. I believe my eye's are opened because I can see stuff around the room but due to darkness in the room, it's difficult to make out what's moving around. I try with all my might to just scream or move my body but find it very difficult. Finally, after much struggling my fingers start to move, then my fists clench and I break through and sit up with a scream. Once I scared the hell out of my wife when I sat up screaming and it woke her up.

Most of my episodes happen around 3am, but not always. I also tend to see things from the corner of my eye when I'm awake. I'm not a paranoid person, but seem to attract the paranormal ever since I was young. My sister has told me many times that she thinks our mother, my oldest daughter and I are "Sensitives", which is weird since my oldest resembles me the most (my wife calls her my little female clone) and we both resemble my mother. All three of us have had experiences with ghosts or spirits and have become family stories we share with others.

So what does this mean? Is it the pills that caused my episodes to start (even though I'm told that all side affects should be out of my system by now), or is it connected to the many paranormal events that happen to me since I was young?

P.S. Also, since I was young, I have had experiences where I awoke (around 3am usually) to a noise. Once it was a strange mechanical bird like sounds from out my bedroom window, another time I was sleeping over a friends house and awoke to a sound of small stones constantly hitting the window. Another time I was at my in-laws house spending the night and a high pitched scream kept screeching from out side the window. I have about 5 other of these type of episodes and used to think I was being visited. When ever this happens, everyone else in the house are in a deep sleep and will not wake up even if I tried shaking them a bit. Has anyone else had similar experiences and ideas to what they think is going on?

Since that posting I've had a couple more episodes usually involving some type of demonic cat-like presence around me. It was the OP's video that struck an accord with what I was already starting to believe was the cause of some of these experiences.

Also, something I left out before (because I didn't make the connection at the time and realized after watching the video of it's importance), among other topics I have been studying a lot of about the Occult, Freemasonry, Illuminati, Symbolism, Prophecy and Religions in the past five years. I am a Christian and do not seek this knowledge for ill purposes or wanting to practice or participate in these groups. I research this stuff only to help understand what's really going on around me and in the world.

After, countless hours of researching I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of this stuff, including most alien encounters are demonic in nature. I know there are many of you that do not believe that this is the case, but I too did not feel this way until I started really researching the connections between them. Now, I'm not saying that Extraterrestrials do not exist, just that most of these visitations have a evil/demonic overtone to them.

Check out the following in a Google search
The Collins Elite
The Alien Deception
Aleister Crowley and Lam
The Nephilim Trilogy by L.A. Marzulli
The Watchers in the book of Enoch

Things I noticed in Alien Encounter reports:
Usually involves 3 entities (look into the importance of 3's with demonic encounters)
Aliens reported to move through walls (Extra-Dimensional vs Extra-Terrestrial)
Reports where the entities flee whenever one calls upon Christ to save them
Media pushing the Aliens are our Ancient Gods Concept

I could post so much more on this subject, but I do not want to Hijack this forum from the OP for that was not my original intent in posting here. My apologies!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join